OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Women's Day (updated with improved setting)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Updated winning photo in Post 12 below Sequel HERE

David and Olivia managed to get away for a long weekend of their own making. She was happy to relax in a new, pretty place, put her feet up, sip on a margarita and finally open the romance book she had bought as a guilty pleasure but had never found time for. She didn't think David could be any more attentive when he turned off the TV, put on some soft music, and quitely sat himself at the other end of the couch, proceeding to give her a completely unexpected session of foot reflexology. He was so sweet to remember it was International Women's Day. Did he remember? Or was he just being sweet anyway?

Women's Day (updated with improved setting) Idotw010

Trouble is, David and Olivia had a problem deciding on where they wanted to go for their romantic getaway. So they tried a few options. Here are a couple more. If you have a favorite, let them know.

Women's Day (updated with improved setting) Idotw011

Women's Day (updated with improved setting) Idotw012

And Happy Women's Day!

Updated winning photo in Post 12 below Sequel HERE

Diana

Diana
Oh NICE! I'll go with the first. Very Happy

Happy women's day! I wouldn't mind being in her place. Smile

Ovy

Ovy
Fun fact: Dave is a triplet and she is visiting them all to compare their foot reflexology skills.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice posing and set up. Could use some end tables...? I agree with Diana, I like the first one best.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Women's Day (updated with improved setting) C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Awww, how lovely!! I agree that the first one looks great, in terms of the colour scheme.

And thank you for remembering the day! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Illusion

Illusion
what a nice, cozy set-up. Can I switch places with her? Very Happy

I go for the first backdrop too.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Happy Women's Day Smile

That is a cozy place. I like all versions.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I'd go for the first backdrop too

Illusion wrote:what a nice, cozy set-up. Can I switch places with her? Very Happy
You'd like to be shrunk Question

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:Oh NICE! I'll go with the first. Very Happy Happy women's day! I wouldn't mind being in her place. Smile

Ovy wrote:Fun fact: Dave is a triplet and she is visiting them all to compare their foot reflexology skills.

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice posing and set up. Could use some end tables...? I agree with Diana, I like the first one best.

skywalkersaga wrote:Awww, how lovely!! I agree that the first one looks great, in terms of the colour scheme. And thank you for remembering the day! Smile

Illusion wrote:what a nice, cozy set-up. Can I switch places with her? Very Happy I go for the first backdrop too.

Valiarde wrote:Happy Women's Day Smile That is a cozy place. I like all versions.

TravelGuide wrote:I'd go for the first backdrop too

Thank you for the comments and I'm glad you liked the little scene. Thanks to Ovy, we now know that David is one of triplets -- I will add that his brothers are named Darren and Declan and match him in looks and skills. So while David is spoken for, those of you who wanted to switch places with Olivia can do so, availing yourselves of David's brothers. Shrinking may or may not be required. Smile

Mark, yep, I could sure use some more end tables. This couch didn't come with any (I think), and the ones I have were not handy at the moment -- besides, they might not have matched or even fit in the frame effectively. There should really be a coffee table in front, too.

Sky, if I forgot the date, who would remind my dad about his anniversary? Smile

And thank you all for confirming my "color" (view) choice as the most effective of the three. I think we are responding to the greater and more distributed incidence of similar colors, between sky, drink, book cover, maybe even hair and flesh.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The colours of the first backdrop really do work well! In addition to a few more bits of furniture, I bet a rug with some of those colours in front of the couch would bring it all together even more.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:The colours of the first backdrop really do work well! In addition to a few more bits of furniture, I bet a rug with some of those colours in front of the couch would bring it all together even more.

LOL To hear is to obey: update completed, see next post.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Updated with more furniture and stuff... Does it work better now?

Women's Day (updated with improved setting) Idotw013

Women's Day (updated with improved setting) Idotw014

Women's Day (updated with improved setting) Idotw015

Sequel HERE

Ovy

Ovy
Nice, love the lemonade and the phones. Real fluid? Also think this backdrop makes most sense perspective wise, like a house on the lake. The other backdrops look like they would be in a more rustical high altitude house without modern heating.

And glad you revealed the other triplets names. I thought they would be DavidA, DavidB and DavidC, but that would make our esteemed DavidD a...quad..quatro..quadruplet?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The new pics are great. Really brings the “cozy” factor to life, giving it a more lived-in look. Very sweet.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
How excellent! Those additions really do complete the scene! <3

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Nice, love the lemonade and the phones. Real fluid? Also think this backdrop makes most sense perspective wise, like a house on the lake. The other backdrops look like they would be in a more rustical high altitude house without modern heating.

And glad you revealed the other triplets names. I thought they would be DavidA, DavidB and DavidC, but that would make our esteemed DavidD a...quad..quatro..quadruplet?

I'm glad you liked the added touches. No, I think some sort of polyresin that cured from a liquid state. I found a bunch of these parted out on blackops toys and couldn't help myself. Unless I'm mistaken, I think they are supposed to be margaritas -- both the drink in the glass and in the pitcher. Yes, while I made sure all the backgrounds were plausible, this is the most plausible one after all.

LOL - poor guys are triplets already and you thought they'd be given the same name? Smile But their parents did go for alliteration. I don't believe our esteemed davidd is any relation to these guys.

Stryker2011 wrote:The new pics are great. Really brings the “cozy” factor to life, giving it a more lived-in look. Very sweet.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked them and agree they've improved the realism of the scene. I wish I could do more of this, and create more permanent set ups (like ReverendSpooky or BAMComix), but it's all ad hoc set up and take apart. Locating the different pieces in boxes and pulling them out is a pain (even if I keep a basic catalog).

skywalkersaga wrote:How excellent! Those additions really do complete the scene! <3

Thank you, I'm delighted you liked it. And that I was able to improve it already.

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
What a pleasant scene of comfort and serenity, and a fitting dedication to the holiday. You are great as always at emulating modern realism with your figures and dioramas. Judging by the Daily Planet newspaper on the table (yes I looked at it upside down, lol), are David and Olivia characters from the DC Universe? Maybe they have superhero/villain alter-egos and this is a glimpse into their 'normal' lives? Or maybe it is just David and his brothers who have the secret identities... I can see them starring in this summer's next big DC Universe motion picture 'The 3Ds'...see them in RealD 3D at a theater near you. Cool

Illusion

Illusion
Great! Excellent additions. Rather than focusing on the couple this is a whole nice room now. Love it!

Agree with the impromptu set ups... digging stuff out, positioning it all, taking pics, digging it all back again... coming up with another idea or accessory that should have been added... a pain and frustrating ...

I have been piling up so much little stuff - but most of it has never had any appearance in any pic Very Happy
(No cataloguing on my side, just a mess lol)

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I understand completely about having everything boxed up, and then having to locate and pull stuff out. I have a chart on my computer, boxes are all numbered, and the chart explains the entire contents, box number and location of said box. Right now I have so many loose pieces lying on the floor or on my desk, just absolute clutter and chaos — it’s overwhelming at times to keep up with all this stuff, and I haven’t really had the motivation to get off my ass and clean it up. My Man-Cave looks like a toy store blew up.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:I understand completely about having everything boxed up, and then having to locate and pull stuff out. I have a chart on my computer, boxes are all numbered, and the chart explains the entire contents, box number and location of said box. Right now I have so many loose pieces lying on the floor or on my desk, just absolute clutter and chaos — it’s overwhelming at times to keep up with all this stuff, and I haven’t really had the motivation to get off my ass and clean it up. My Man-Cave looks like a toy store blew up.

This makes me feel slightly less terrible about the state of my 'display' room, which has unfortunately for the time being become a very messy storage unit. ;p

Illusion

Illusion
skywalkersaga wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:I understand completely about having everything boxed up, and then having to locate and pull stuff out. I have a chart on my computer, boxes are all numbered, and the chart explains the entire contents, box number and location of said box. Right now I have so many loose pieces lying on the floor or on my desk, just absolute clutter and chaos — it’s overwhelming at times to keep up with all this stuff, and I haven’t really had the motivation to get off my ass and clean it up. My Man-Cave looks like a toy store blew up.

This makes me feel slightly less terrible about the state of my 'display' room, which has unfortunately for the time being become a very messy storage unit. ;p

Count me in Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm relieved to see I'm not the only one with such issues... they do pile up after awhile. Smile

blackpool

blackpool
skywalkersaga wrote:

Same here, all my cabinets, drawers, cupboards are a mess, bits and accessories everywhere, boxes piling aginst the walls, I spend hours looking for tiny parts... Yet I didn't have the strength to sort out and clean everything

EDIT. Scrolled down and read every comment, which made me forget to say what I wanted to at first lmao... Love the set Gubernator, very cool, love the casual and intimate feel of the scene

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
That's a really nice livingroom they've got there.

Just as all of the above, I've got several accesoires and outfits for Lexi and Allison that I haven't used yet. And still I occasionally think "ah, she's got nothing to wear with this."

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
AlKelAstra91 wrote:What a pleasant scene of comfort and serenity, and a fitting dedication to the holiday. You are great as always at emulating modern realism with your figures and dioramas. Judging by the Daily Planet newspaper on the table (yes I looked at it upside down, lol), are David and Olivia characters from the DC Universe? Maybe they have superhero/villain alter-egos and this is a glimpse into their 'normal' lives? Or maybe it is just David and his brothers who have the secret identities... I can see them starring in this summer's next big DC Universe motion picture 'The 3Ds'...see them in RealD 3D at a theater near you. Cool

Thank you very much for the kind words, and I'm glad you liked it. And for looking closely at details -- even if it reminds me, after the fact, that I wanted to turn the newspaper over to its back page, but forgot. Smile The 3Ds... masseurs by day, crime fighters at night... I'll try to keep it in mind for future use. Now I've got to think of two more head sculpts. I know they are triplets, but somehow I don't want to get two more of that same head... Smile

Illusion wrote:Great! Excellent additions. Rather than focusing on the couple this is a whole nice room now. Love it!

Thank you very much, I'm glad you approve. Well the couple were the intended focus, but the added details sell the scene as more realistic, so I followed up on the suggestions in that direction and I'm glad I did.

blackpool wrote:Yet I didn't have the strength to sort out and clean everything. EDIT. Scrolled down and read every comment, which made me forget to say what I wanted to at first lmao... Love the set Gubernator, very cool, love the casual and intimate feel of the scene

I'm sure you can do what I do: tell yourself "one day... I will get to it one day..." No problem, that's the way to have an interactive comments experience. And thank you very much. Especially coming from a master like you, this is high praise indeed!

TravelGuide wrote:That's a really nice livingroom they've got there. Just as all of the above, I've got several accesoires and outfits for Lexi and Allison that I haven't used yet. And still I occasionally think  "ah, she's got nothing to wear with this."

Thank you very much, glad you liked it. It did come out cozy after all -- which isn't always easy to pull off when working with a small selection of pieces, which do not necessarily match. And I totally get the feeling -- so much stuff, but "she's got nothing to wear with this!" Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum