OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Reformed Church of Our Lord Slayer of Vampires

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
As opposed to the Orthodox Church of Our Lord Slayer of Vampires.

I did a little more work on the outfit that Dave at SCU_HQ sent me recently, fixing the cape so that it would hang by the figure's neck, thus allowing me to drop the hood and show the figure's lovely head.  I loved the result and after experimenting with different guns, i decided this figure needed something fairly archaic so I borrowed Heidi's Colt M1873 and liked the results  

The Reformed Church of Our Lord Slayer of Vampires 51392450271_951c5d41af_b

Bounty Hunter, Vampire Slayer, Member of the Church of Our Lord Slayer of Vampires[

/url] by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

After some lengthy chat with Dave last night, kicking around ideas for this very Gothic, but clearly deeply religious figure (see the crucifix hanging from her neck), I decided she would be a modern day bounty-hunter and vampire hunter.  To this end, I'll replace the M1873 with a Colt M1851 or M1860 from Battlear Toys along with a Slim Jim Holster.  Maybe I'll strap a knife or a derringer to one of her thighs.  I think I'll also order an inexpensive neck crucifix, which would look full size at this scale.  I'm not sure I'm gonna keep this head sculpt on it because it was intended for another character...another of Laura Neville's relations, but I probably will as i really like it on this figure and with this outfit.  

The figure is a TBL S22A (Pale) and the head sculpt is a Superduck SDH 018C.  The tone of the head sculpt perfectly matches the body. The outfit is a VSTOYS 19XG60, generously donated by SCU_HQ.  

Let me know what you think.....

davidd

davidd
The Reformed Church of Our Lord Slayer of Vampires Public_outreach

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Funny, don't forget the silver bullets, y'all. Smile

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Nice bash. It might be just me, but I feel some "Warrior Nun" vibes here.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Brilliant work guys!

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Vampire hunting nuns, now that's a movie idea right there. Interesting looking nun outfit but I guess it's necessary to get those vampires from their hiding places.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! The Reformed Church of Our Lord Slayer of Vampires 1f60e

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
davidd wrote:
The Reformed Church of Our Lord Slayer of Vampires Public_outreach

The Reformed Church of Our Lord Slayer of Vampires 51394190752_669a5487f8_b
Page_2 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

davidd

davidd
The Reformed Church of Our Lord Slayer of Vampires Smallfortune

BAMComix

BAMComix
lol! @ Dave

Valiarde

Valiarde
The Reformed Order lol!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Valiarde wrote:The Reformed Order lol!  

As opposed to the Orthodox Church of our Lord Slayer of Vampires.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Sister Lana of the Reformed Church of Our Lord Slayer of Vampires is both a vampire hunter and a bounty hunter when vampires are scarce. She is another of Laura Neville's cousins, thous making her Cousin Sister Lana to Laura and Glynnis, and probably SCU HQ's Gwendolyn Shiilling-Tuppence as well.

This is still a work in progress, but the latest addition to her, and which I am showcasing here is a Colt M1860 "Army" revolver in caliber .44 along with gunbelt and holster. Both came from Battlegear Toys.

The Reformed Church of Our Lord Slayer of Vampires 51425430290_7411872a12_b090421_0002 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

The Reformed Church of Our Lord Slayer of Vampires 51424445341_89f70f9a31_b090421_0003 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

The belt was made for a male figure with a wider waist and had to be cut down and modified to fit the TBLeague S22A, but fortunately, this was very easy to do.

The Colt M1860 was muzzle-loading revolver of the type used duging the American Civil War and on the Great Plains for some years after, though many were later modified to load metal cartridges after the Civil War. BG toys offers four different versions varying in finis and grips. I chose a gunmetal finish with what the call bone grips, but too me look more like ivory, which is what I've decided Sister Lana carries. It's nicely detailed but the hammer cannot be cocked and the muzze has no bore drilled into it which is something I'll fix with a pin vise if every I get one.

The Reformed Church of Our Lord Slayer of Vampires 51423698792_c985e41887_b090421_0011 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

The Reformed Church of Our Lord Slayer of Vampires 51424444821_4bd27667d1_b090421_0013 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

The Reformed Church of Our Lord Slayer of Vampires 51425206759_e6b72aa165_b090421_0015 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

The Reformed Church of Our Lord Slayer of Vampires 51423698117_e4f5e0fd60_b090421_0017 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

The Reformed Church of Our Lord Slayer of Vampires 51424444076_989f62dbb2_b090421_0018 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

The Reformed Church of Our Lord Slayer of Vampires 51423809797_cb13715804_b090421_0014 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

davidd

davidd
As a work in progress, Cousin Sister Lana is progressing nicely! The gun belt with holster looks like it was made with this costume in mind! Perfectly complements the outfit in colour and style.

The cross on the cape is too cool for Catholic school! With a cloak like that, the character had to become a vampire hunter, there was no other choice!

The action stances in the third and fourth pics look particularly fluid and energetic.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
davidd wrote:As a work in progress, Cousin Sister Lana is progressing nicely! The gun belt with holster looks like it was made with this costume in mind! Perfectly complements the outfit in colour and style.

The cross on the cape is too cool for Catholic school! With a cloak like that, the character had to become a vampire hunter, there was no other choice!

The action stances in the third and fourth pics look particularly fluid and energetic.

Thanks Dave. And thanks again for sending me that outfit. As you see, I did not let it go to waste.

BAMComix

BAMComix
This lady just keeps getting better! Fantastic choice of weapon for this shot, ask questions later type of woman! I am sure she will become a firm favourite from your ladies!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum