OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is anyone has experience with seamless bodies with finger bones?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

venator5

venator5
Has anyone ordered or have any kind of experience with the following bodies? All of them has finger bones.

Sold by Ebay seller "ruizhiz" (US seller) he calles them Ultimate female body" 4 types (Chest size + tan/pale)

LDDOLL 28L, 28XL, 27L, 27m

I would need the finger bones for one of my future projects, (will be cool I promise) but keeping in mind the recent ebay issues I would not like to just jump in,

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A link would have been helpful. From what I can see, some of these have new potential, and not just for movable seamless fingers. But I wonder about durability of both the seamless outer casing and the internal skeleton (cannot find out what it is made of). I don't believe anyone has brought these up on the forum before.

MX-V

MX-V
I ran across an one on Aliexpress, very expensive. Like over $700. Personally, that's too much.
If they do have finger bones instead of wires, the physics won't work. It's too small, they will come apart, even if they were metal.

I did purchase an Edation figure on Elkia Hobbies for $115. Moveable fingers and toes.
I don't know if an LD is the same material. I believe it said silicone.
Most figures are made with TPE which is silicone with more mineral oil to make it softer.
As far as the Edation with the finger and toe wires (not bones),
I really don't reccomend them. Aside from the hands being so cool, the body feels weird. Sponge like, the skeleton is not very poseable and it has now split in the crotch and the armpits. The position it was left in was very neutral.
I'm going into detail with this to hopefully stop someone else from this mistake.
Good luck

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I meant to reference the Edation bodies, but knew I was thinking of the wrong brand (Eva/Evalution by Triad Toys before they crashed and burned) and didn't have time to look it up.

londonroadhog

I did see a review on Facebook a week or so ago on one of the LDDOLL figures. They were not very impressed. One that review, the body had a showing seam all the way down the side of the body and legs. Plus, the smaller models even though said they had poseable fingers, they didn’t. I’ve looked at the ebay listings of them several times, and they are more expensive than Phicen/TBLeague, by quite a lot, so I’ve not bitten the bullet myself. I wasn’t very impressed with the review on facebook, let’s just say that.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They are uniformly pricier, for sure. There are male and female bodies of several types and heights. There appear to be different levels of detail, and different pricing for them. At least in some cases, there are paler and darker skin tones, painted effects ("make up"), and options as to articulated or unarticulated fingers. Given that relatively few places carry these, it is a little difficult to form a fuller picture. Thank you for reporting on the Facebook review. I saw a couple showcased on YouTube, but the presenter kept them in static poses and turned them around on a turn table. Wish he or she had made a real review.

venator5

venator5
Sorry for the late reply.

I am particularly interested in these bodies.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/174658856691

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324661385811?hash=item4b97539a53:g:GekAAOSwcJhf0y7R

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154290324509?hash=item23ec6b841d:g:gjcAAOSwsbNf~qZ1

I haven't seen any review for these at the moment.

Note not all of the bodies has mivable fingers, it is an option.

couturiervite

couturiervite
Wouldn't trust LDDOLL, personally, since they recast Dollfie Dream stuff. Very sketchy company.

Been curious about those ruizhiz bodies, mainly because of the realistic proportions, but the lack of reviews for something so expensive and knowing how delicate fingers are on full size silicone dolls as-is, I haven't been real keen on throwing money at one. Definitely doesn't help that his description for them gives off creeper vibes, either.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The extremely high cost alone would be enough to deter me. That being said, I have the first and second generation of the Edation “Hot Stuff” bodies (probably impossible to find at this point). The 1st generation was as MX-V explained, very spongy, had a ratchet system skeleton and very hard to work with. The wired fingers and toes was interesting, and especially for the fingers I ended up getting a very small square dowel to “bend” the fingers around to give the fingers “knuckles”, otherwise bending the hands without just made the hands look weird.

The 2nd generation (which honestly IMO still has the nicest overall appearance of a human body), was less spongy than the 1st, but leaches “oil” badly and constantly feels slimy. Not something I would recommend for the cost.

But like the bendable hands that sometimes come with figures (Soldier Story used them quite frequently for figures that had removable cloth gloves), I don’t recommend them. The more you work with them, the wires inside tend to break and then poke through the “skin”. As much as the overall look of the entirely seamless bodies may be an attractive element, no one to date has figured out (as far as I can tell) how to make them any better than TBLeague has. It’s up to you what you do with your money, and the information provided, but I would definitely NOT order from sunnymayhair (the last listing link you posted above), as they have been pointed out on the frequent “scam ebayers” threads on this, and other forums, lately.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Is anyone has experience with seamless bodies with finger bones? C8485110

Diana

Diana
Ooooooh those ruizhiz bodies do look nice!! But OUCH! At that price I'd want at least one detailed review (there are a few positive reviews on ebay) or a video on how they are being moved... bounce

Diana

Diana
Hah! Worth a try. I sent him an email asking for a discount in return for a review video. No luck. Laughing
He says he sold around 100 units in the last year and points to the positive reviews of his account.

So... I'm still tempted, but... that's a lot of money... So,... not yet.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the links. The first listing provides more information than I was able to find elsewhere, although some questions remain, for example about the ability to stand on its own despite the seamless ankles, and what exactly does soft wire endoskeleton running through the entire body really mean (can you create an elbow where there isn't supposed to be one, for example). Anyway, I bit the bullet and bought the cheapest one I could find at the moment (a male one) from another seller and will report my findings when it makes it here. They seem to be making these per order, which probably plays a part in driving up the price. But, yes, I'm not buying a body for $350, even if I appreciate the (sometimes) more natural proportions -- for the female figures they even have those elusive (in seamless sixth scale) more moderately sized busts.

MX-V

MX-V
I found them on Amazon also. Same pictures, same description.
I would warn against these. All of them. No real reviews, Neutral poses. Smells like a rat.

Inside wires don't last. Like the Gumby I had when I was a kid, the wires broke after a short time.
Those who don't know, Gumby, a green cartoon character, made into a rubber toy with a wire skeleton. Jeez, now I feel really old...

Also, I tried something. As my Edation has seams on both sides of every part of the body, and these really expensive ones state seamless, I took the photos on the ad and put them thru some filters.
They show some signs of photoshop. So... Looks like a rat.
Therefore...it is a rat.

Buyer beware. GF, I hope you get something great and I hope I am wrong.

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Oh I know these from various reviews from the TDF. One was very enthusiastic, the other not, but rather because of difficulties with the seller.
Of course, you can not say much about durability after 3/4 year, so I have also held back yet.
There is really someone here in the forum who owns such a LDDoll. Maybe he will get in touch :MEGAFON:

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, I am also concerned about the soft wires on the inside. There is only so much bending a wire can take before it breaks, usually. I have seen them both with and without obvious seams. Here is one youtube video I came across, showing one of the female bodies in a mismatched swimsuit. One of the responses to that video also talks about visible mould lines and unnatural points of articulation (so perhaps they really do have an all soft/bendy wire endoskeleton?).

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:Yes, I am also concerned about the soft wires on the inside. There is only so much bending a wire can take before it breaks, usually. I have seen them both with and without obvious seams. Here is one youtube video I came across, showing one of the female bodies in a mismatched swimsuit. One of the responses to that video also talks about visible mould lines and unnatural points of articulation (so perhaps they really do have an all soft/bendy wire endoskeleton?).
Which youtube video? Smile

Is it about the ruizhiz or the LDDOLL body?

I really like the look of that "medium" bust ruizhiz body. Just gorgeous.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:Which youtube video? Smile

I must have forgotten to paste the link. Anyway, linked it again. I'm assuming it is all LDDOLL, and ruizhiz is just an eBay seller. The same youtuber that posted this video has another one with two figures and a horse.

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:
Diana wrote:Which youtube video? Smile

I must have forgotten to paste the link. Anyway, linked it again. I'm assuming it is all LDDOLL, and ruizhiz is just an eBay seller. The same youtuber that posted this video has another one with two figures and a horse.
I was going to write that I'm sure they are different bodies. But...

I've looked through them and think that the LDDOLL EU28M looks a lot like the M-bust offering by ruizhiz, and the 28L looks a lot like the curvier model offered by ruizhiz. I'm thinking that he is likely indeed selling the LDDOLL, but with a paint-service, which is why it costs more (other than being a money grab of course).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:I must have forgotten to paste the link. Anyway, linked it again. I'm assuming it is all LDDOLL, and ruizhiz is just an eBay seller. The same youtuber that posted this video has another one with two figures and a horse.
I was going to write that I'm sure they are different bodies. But...

I've looked through them and think that the LDDOLL EU28M looks a lot like the M-bust offering by ruizhiz, and the 28L looks a lot like the curvier model offered by ruizhiz. I'm thinking that he is likely indeed selling the LDDOLL, but with a paint-service, which is why it costs more (other than being a money grab of course).[/quote]

Different sellers might indicate different price quotes (I don't know), but according to someone I was corresponding with, the surcharge for added paint effects ("make up") is $60.

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:
Diana wrote:I was going to write that I'm sure they are different bodies. But...

I've looked through them and think that the LDDOLL EU28M looks a lot like the M-bust offering by ruizhiz, and the 28L looks a lot like the curvier model offered by ruizhiz. I'm thinking that he is likely indeed selling the LDDOLL, but with a paint-service, which is why it costs more (other than being a money grab of course).

Different sellers might indicate different price quotes (I don't know), but according to someone I was corresponding with, the surcharge for added paint effects ("make up") is $60.

Well, thank you for taking one for the team, and I hope it'll be pretty and last for a while, too! Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:Well, thank you for taking one for the team, and I hope it'll be pretty and last for a while, too! Smile

LOL You are welcome. Actually I don't know if it will be pretty, as I went for a male one -- it was a cheaper option at least among those I had located at that moment.

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:
Diana wrote:Well, thank you for taking one for the team, and I hope it'll be pretty and last for a while, too! Smile

LOL You are welcome. Actually I don't know if it will be pretty, as I went for a male one -- it was a cheaper option at least among those I had located at that moment.
Well,... I thought those were pretty, too! Very Happy

Huh, the cheapest one for me to get would the the EU28M. Curious. My favorite...

gooboo

There was a thread on BBICN a year or so ago where someone bought one of these and posted pictures. I agree the more natural body shape on some of these is appealing, but for the price they were asking I wasn't too impressed. The pictures this person posted have a visible seam line down the middle where the two halves of the mold met. The poseability looked fine, but as has been mentioned previously I have concerns about the long term durability of a wire skeleton. If you bend metal wire enough, it will eventually break or weaken. From the pictures I saw it looked like you could also bend the skeleton in places where it wouldn't naturally bend on a real person, so that might make posing the figure a little more difficult.

Some pictures of these dolls don't seem to have a mold line down the figure, while others do. It's hard to tell from the pictures that are available what you're going to get, which would be concerning to me if I was spending 200-300 dollars. It would really suck to think you're getting a "seamless" figure and then find you have seam going down your new $300 doll. When I think seamless, I think no seams at all, which I'm not sure you get with these.

As for the feet and hands, I doubt the wire would stand up to frequent posing. I think 1/6 scale is probably too small for durable and poseable fingers. Maybe 1/3 or 1/4 scale would fare batter. Also, the toes always remind me of salamander toes, the way the spread out from each other. Can sometimes look really unnatural.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the extra info, gooboo. Yes, having a seam on it would contradict "seamless," but at least it won't be open-jointed. I wonder if the ones we have seen without seams were not additionally modified by their owners to remove the seam.

Diana

Diana
I was also thinking that that side seam could maybe be corrected. It certainly seems to be an ok payoff for the seamless joints.

The toes... yeah, they look funny in some pictures, but I don't think I'd end up posing them all too often. Certainly not side to side. Smile

If it does bend where a body shouldn't then that suggests that it is indeed all just wires inside. Spooky. And annoying. To find that perfect pose, take tons of photos, and then realizing afterwards that the upper arm is slightly bent in all of them... ugh.

But of course there is potential in that, too, since the metal skeleton bodies often don't move where a body would.

Hopefully the main wires are thicker and last longer than the thin finger wires would.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum