OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 25]

shovelchop81

peter the painter wrote:The costume is coming together very well, it looks like complicated work, but by what you've accomplished to date, I'm sure he will look the biz when he's done.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks! Yup it is a challenging material to work with, too stiff but my other options were (at the time) to hand sew a heck of a lot of thin suede together creating the pattern from scratch or print on much finer material that would fade quickly. I think looking back I might have been better off prepainting the thinner material and printing on that like I did with this thicker double sided fabric which would have made the finer material more durable but not too stiff. I'll get this to work even if I end up shaping it with wire or elastic etc...

Rogerbee

Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:

Ah crap man, that sucks! Sorry to hear it, only done it once myself, I was just reposing a figure on a lower shelf and suddenly had to fall to my hands and knees, I was stuck there in in pain for ages not being able to move, not fun. I hope you've managed to get somewhere comfortable to rest and recover!

Yeah, it's happened to me on and off for years. It always seems to be the most trivial of things that triggers it, just reaching over for something and bang. I'm fine when sitting or lying down, it's just the bits inbetween that aren't much fun. I'm walking with a stick at the moment, I feel 110!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

Been constantly working on his costume but tend to feel like nothing is getting done, tried out inks on the weave pattern with sucky results so I'm canning that idea, I'd tested the ink on parts that can easily be hidden; the thick coat of acrylic paint prevents the fabric absorbing the ink.
Just finished all the border work and will be assembling the armour next after painting over any glue residue marks.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 7ncLLFd

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 W59xsDo

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 IK4KNE2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 PsGR4Vp

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 Z3gRdfb

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 VxvIvKd

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 DsDFIsV

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 GDst40x

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 RqmvccC

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 GUMAwX7

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Coming along nicely. Great eye for detail.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It looks pretty good to me. I have full confidence in the usual excellence of your talents.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
All looking good so far to me.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Coming along nicely. Great eye for detail.

GubernatorFan wrote:It looks pretty good to me. I have full confidence in the usual excellence of your talents.

Rogerbee wrote:All looking good so far to me.

CHEERS!

Thanks guys! He's finally coming together after all the fiddly work, not bad tailoring for not having measured a thing once! Laughing  The gap on his waist where it doesn't line up correctly is strategically placed to be covered by the wide belt I have yet to make him amongst many other things but he's about 2/3 done I think. I even did some sewing  Wink

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 JMwXqiM

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 8hGVOdA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 W0irc0P

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 ECUWFPT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 PUQIbge

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 TpwmjAy

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 B7Ow8r1

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 L9jtlG7

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 Uqlqvqi

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 LlU6K8t

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 FwXj1AG

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 HFWX0nZ

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Going to move his from leg tabards up a bit as they are too low looking at the picture there, it will also cover up that gap at the waist which is convenient.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Done mods to the front and back tabbards lifting the front ones and narrowing the back ones to get a better fit around his waist for the belt later. I also plan to add the brown suede strips pictured to his pauldrons and do all the triangular makings on all the borders as well as making his upper arm armour, gauntlets, boots, knives etc.. Imgur is playing up so I hope these post.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 8Jp7wwf

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 Hmw8M6e

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 2chTqXJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 VZOcrzW

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 3FA70co

peter the painter

That looks like a whole load of hard work, but I can see it all coming together now, another great build, really looking forward to seeing the finishing stages.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:That looks like a whole load of hard work, but I can see it all coming together now, another great build, really looking forward to seeing the finishing stages.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks Peter! Apologies in advance as I'll need to do real hair mods to your great sculpt to get a fuller beard and head articulation because right now he has none which is the same reasons for doing the hair on his head too as well as neither of us had had access to what his hair looked like behind, you can now see from the pic above it's much longer and fuller with a pair of braids tied off into a ponytail towards the top. I'll leave as much of your great beard sculpt as I can, I hate to mod other peoples' work but needs must in this case.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
He's coming together,

You don't really need to be that precise as I don't think anyone in that era would have had a tape measure or been a fantastic tailor. Gives you more leeway. As long as it looks right it'll be right.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:He's coming together,

You don't really need to be that precise as I don't think anyone in that era would have had a tape measure or been a fantastic tailor. Gives you more leeway. As long as it looks right it'll be right.

CHEERS!

I was just joking Roger! Wink I measure parts off each other for symmetry.

dadrab

dadrab
Coming together beautifully now, Chop.

**QUIET**
Wizard at work.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Never mind, carry on!

CHEERS!

peter the painter

Thanks Peter! Apologies in advance as I'll need to do real hair mods to your great sculpt to get a fuller beard and head articulation because right now he has none which is the same reasons for doing the hair on his head too as well as neither of us had had access to what his hair looked like behind, you can now see from the pic above it's much longer and fuller with a pair of braids tied off into a ponytail towards the top. I'll leave as much of your great beard sculpt as I can, I hate to mod other peoples' work but needs must in this case.[/quote]

No problem Alex, they are your customs, and you know what needs to be done, I'm sure he will look great whatever.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I'm glad you trust me enough! I have been doing real hair on sculpts for many years so shouldn't be a disaster, having long hair and a long beard myself also makes me an expert at braiding and beading beards and hair too! Laughing pirat

Already started as it happens, Gloin in the movie is actually a big eared ginger with a bush of a beard and a mountain of hair, illustrations and promotional art seem to tone that down a lot. I'll be doing a part sculpted beard but mostly 'real hair' like I did with my Saruman, the head hair I'll try something similar as I only have a limited amount of the bright ginger faux fur which is a bit like 'Fun Fur' they use on muppets; it actually came from a set of 1:1 hobbit feet I bought many years ago for a 1:1 Predator costume on a mannequin that scared the crap out of people coming in my front door! Twisted Evil  I've also got baby metal clasps for beading the beard like I would do to mine in real life. Of course the sculpted parts will be painted to match the real hair.
Got a baggie full of 1/6 ears somewhere that I need to find..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 EDqq9FP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 D9gaCUH

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 Zf5SZvv

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 Yb8Un2K

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 P7z0FWu

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 J31kq13

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 MkvgsJZ

More of a promotional look given to him here:

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 WXWIvsB

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 AE41Cm0

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 9XHuHJa

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 HQhYfSW

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 76krQ2U

Just being held in place with my hands:

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 NxMqG1C

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 C5ITVao

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 8M5tiBD

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
You're much braver than I. I don't think I'd have the guts to do that to one of Peter's sculpts. This should be interesting.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:You're much braver than I. I don't think I'd have the guts to do that to one of Peter's sculpts. This should be interesting.

Well I've had plenty of experience with 'real hair' on 1/6, what I needed from Peter was his skill at capturing facial likenesses which I'm not very good at or take forever to do to get them right, he can do them in one night!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Your doing really well as far as I can see. I wouldn't know where to start.

CHEERS!

Ovy

Ovy
Great work on that head by peter and you. I like that mustache.
I noticed that his ears are very prominent in some of the photos, will you add them too?

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Your doing really well as far as I can see. I wouldn't know where to start.

CHEERS!

Ovy wrote:Great work on that head by peter and you. I like that mustache.
I noticed that his ears are very prominent in some of the photos, will you add them too?

Thanks Roger and Ovy! Yes the ears were the first things I did this morning, some more of the sculpting came off the beard by itself but I think it's better for it adding more articulation and cohesion to the real hair beard. Done all the metal bead work using brass fasteners from a necklace I found; I did his top-knot ponytail in fur with a brass fastener too. I still need to paint the sculpted hair to match the ginger fun fur and give it all a little trim, also paint the beads silver.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 OONILN7

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 8eBsx9S

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 QkbXglJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 EaHxGoD

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 YBzoFxO

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 YrnWwl2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 D0dEzju

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 Xoufqrs

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 4N90TWr

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 9lFoTad

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 REKDUPq

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 I1v7xMR

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 IzqAhk3

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 GWZEnYM

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 JbW5DXP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 9E7i0UY

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 QGeIx8p

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 EwpywoW

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 Yb8Un2K

peter the painter

That is some great work on the hair and beard, just need to match the colours together now.
Very clever stuff.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:That is some great work on the hair and beard, just need to match the colours together now.
Very clever stuff.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thank you Peter! Sorry about undoing your hard work there though. Gave the beard a trim to shape it, twilled the off-cuts into 'braids' that I then glued onto the sides and back of his head to bulk up his ponytail braids. I added a forked fur piece to his chin for more uniformity then did the base coat of bright orange; I'll go over that when dry with a sepia ink wash and see how that looks.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 75oCDk3

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 PYVoSRG

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 J9R3o7S

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 4Qcb41E

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 EdoePrV

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 66Chjs6

NOT FINISHED PAINTING OBVIOUSLY!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 8HyBVut

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 ZMGxSS1

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looking good on the hair and braids.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Coming along beautifully, I think you're almost there with the head and I bet next time you post photos we would be hard put to distinguish between the sculpted and real hair. The whole thing can't help but remind me of the recent Coomodel Vikings, although yours is of course more complex and ambitious.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Yep you're going great guns (even though they don't have any)!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Looking good on the hair and braids.

Thank you Stryker!

GubernatorFan wrote:Coming along beautifully, I think you're almost there with the head and I bet next time you post photos we would be hard put to distinguish between the sculpted and real hair. The whole thing can't help but remind me of the recent Coomodel Vikings, although yours is of course more complex and ambitious.

Cheers GF! I'm hoping to get the whole set next month fingers crossed!

Rogerbee wrote:Yep you're going great guns (even though they don't have any)!

CHEERS!

LOL, thanks Roger, lucky I have plenty to keep me going! Just finished rebuilding that old L96 sniper that blew up on me before, shoots really well now!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 YtYzeq3

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 D3Mr19z

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 YbBwdfF

Done more paint on the hair, close to a match now but still drying. Added borders to his pauldrons after reshaping them then did the zig-zag patterns too. Boots next I think, that belt is going to do my head in..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 LuhXwNA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 MpEhTGo

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 2Q8jK1d

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 14 UMhwRNQ

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
See? You're already getting there. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum