OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 25]

shovelchop81

Rogerbee wrote:Will do,

Bofur looks like a fun build.

CHEERS!

Should be although he's deceptively complicated the closer you get to the actual costume, I'll be using a lot of hemp, yellow ink and tusks on this build! Wink Rebuilt some guns and did a lot of shooting so I think I'm about ready to tackle another Dwarf! Laughing

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 AGwtbvA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 0Gl2lxI

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 7R6Kqbu

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 TH6hbuA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 V3OeS9m

peter the painter

Alex, I thought it was Bifur on the left of the pic and not Bofur? Bifur looks to be another complicated figure, however having seen your previous builds I'm sure he will look a treat, still admiring your Gloin, and other figures at the moment, but looking forward to seeing Bofur/Bifur's  development, whichever you choose to do next.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

peter the painter wrote:

Alex, I thought it was Bifur on the left of the pic and not Bofur? Bifur looks to be another complicated figure, however having seen your previous builds I'm sure he will look a treat, still admiring your Gloin, and other figures at the moment, but looking forward to seeing Bofur/Bifur's  development, whichever you choose to do next.

Cheers,

Peter.

LOL, I keep getting these two brothers names mixed up and tend to think of them as James Nesbitt and the one with the axe in his head! His costume make me think of a wasp with the yellowish and brown/black patterns then his long boar hunting spear as a stinger.

Rogerbee

Founding Father
I'm sure you'll be able to work everything out.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:I'm sure you'll be able to work everything out.

CHEERS!

Er.. work what out dude? The names? Got the rest covered hopefully, at least ideas wise for the build in my head Wink .

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I can feel another epic custom figure on the way.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I can feel another epic custom figure on the way.

Cheers GF! Hopefully not literally 'epic' i.e. a very long story... as I'd like to finish all these little buggers before I die! Wink Laughing

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:I'm sure you'll be able to work everything out.

CHEERS!

Er.. work what out dude? The names? Got the rest covered hopefully, at least ideas wise for the build in my head Wink .

The complicated costume.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Some cool elements in that costume. Looking forward to the WIP pics.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Some cool elements in that costume. Looking forward to the WIP pics.

Sorry about the delay, needed a breather and had other non 1/6 stuff to work on. Built his body today but got a bit worried I was going out of scale but seems to be okay, I'm just tackling another of the bigger Dwarves, it's hard to draw a line between a short stocky bloke and a Tolkien fantasy warrior Dwarf at times, it's often just the proportions and not necessarily the height it seems, i.e. long torso, short legs and arms and big head with high forehead, big features like noses, ears, hands feet etc.. Took some comparison pics to work out if I was still on track or not. Found an old Spawn dio that with the addition of a painting or something to cover up the hole and perhaps turn the other into a window, will work nicely for old Bilbo's fireplace scene where he kept the ring in an envelope for Frodo and talked to Gandalf.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 Z7IfXbJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 Sb7jrvg

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 XFjn8Ex

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 ZWHY1QV

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 3g4HTz7

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 OTAZPX5

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 WVMIKdy

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 LO1UJqS

Eh, maybe with a bit of work...

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 Maxresdefault

Actually there are so many interpretations I don't think accuracy is a problem!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQV-9oggcg16OuD7B0-zgaOBSsTe6Axc4UEEBx6W1qnEptHwwEtxA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 Article-0-093E5432000005DC-807_634x443

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 0c83e29ed623dc6a006f3a5039fec7b0

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 371

Window

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 Rustic

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Finished the body and all it's padding, extremities etc. so done clothing mock up too.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 WkinLO6

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 Oh12iuF

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 EFCIALm

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 ZuJeVAm

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 SoC5Q2v

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'd say he's almost ready to go! Smile Well done.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I'd say he's almost ready to go! Smile Well done.

Cheers GF! Actually I haven't even started tailoring his complex (again!) clothing, there's going to be a lot of sewing on this guy...at least I had a break from that with Gloin but not cutting corners here with glue alone, should be less work than Balin though...famous last words... Wink

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Nice!

He doesn't look impressed with the union jack underpants though!

CHEERS!

Ovy

Ovy
A Jedi dwarf! At least he won't freeze now. Looks promising as always, great sculpt by pete.

peter the painter

A great start Alex, he's taking shape nicely already.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Nice!

He doesn't look impressed with the union jack underpants though!

CHEERS!

Or the axe in his head Id have thought! Laughing

Ovy wrote:A Jedi dwarf! At least he won't freeze now. Looks promising as always, great sculpt by pete.

LOL, well spotted, looks like he could be TLJ Luke's fellow hermit Jedi!

peter the painter wrote:A great start Alex, he's taking shape nicely already.

Cheers,

Peter.

Cheers! Early days but got to start somewhere like that first pencil line on paper or canvas Wink .

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
That neither!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Distracted by real life stuff but some work on him done. Modified a Hasbro SW Hoth vest into his puffy sleeves, started sewing in extra detail but didn't like the results and it was taking forever so cheated and used a gold marker instead to simulate the shadows of the quilted designs. I sewed up his undershirt with room for his gut to be added and created his lace up front too. Made him a fat suit to match his look in the movie, took a while to get right. I'll be making his outer tunic next.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 DeWABm1

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 M3i6Y7x

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 GOofAmp

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 DWUdEI6

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 9YuG3cx

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 3zVgF0H

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 AdWfJ0f

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 ClLzPWf

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 Nz4nxNO

A little OTT! LOL..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 UiEgJaQ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 6sDsszq

Some mods later..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 Hv5DFZp

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 N5ebfDC

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 1MTnQNm

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 EX44vd9

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 CxU25MO

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 MProsVM

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 X2X3XOb

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 BZUnswi

peter the painter

That is some excellent needlework Alex, great talent.

Cheers,

Peter.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I was starting to get worried... but am glad to see you are back in full force. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looking cool so far. Glad to see your back.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Another winner in the making, nice one!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:That is some excellent needlework Alex, great talent.

Cheers,

Peter.

Not mine Peter! The diamond pattern is all machine done by Hasbro's factory, I just had the sense to remember I had that vest to use and save me a lot of work! LOL.

GubernatorFan wrote:I was starting to get worried... but am glad to see you are back in full force. Smile

Had stuff to sort out but back in the saddle again..only metaphorically sadly...

Stryker2011 wrote:Looking cool so far. Glad to see your back.

Cheers!

Rogerbee wrote:Another winner in the making, nice one!

CHEERS!

Thanks! Found some nice scraps of materials for this build so been unstitching loads then cutting, reorientating, stitching it back in different places etc.. pays to be a pack rat of material scraps! Wink

All sewn together now so his sleeves won't fall off and his belly can fit in his trousers. I'm repurposing that red border from the armour scraps for his outer robe, also found some complex weave brown shoelace and patterned upholstery backing for his belt materials.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 BX5ERq1

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 7z5J8eR

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Coming along nicely! You seem to be on a roll.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Coming along nicely! You seem to be on a roll.

CHEERS!

More like a progressive wobble! Wink

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Wobble away, at least you're doing something.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Done a lot of his outer robe, glued all the patterns in place and I'm now stitching them so they won't peel off down the road. Also narrowed the robe for a better fit, got the fur for the hem and shoulders; the belt materials are shown there too.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 6CbbPjX

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 Po85huD

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 BsMemLh

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 DU6TWTF

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 DvelLPV

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 Xty8xCI

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 VntvrQ9

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 S0RmQHC

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 RS05DJU

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 AmYHgZH

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 Z0EScpR

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 Ax7yyKk

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 N06ExKe

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 NkscI6c

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 XhhTAPv

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 18 TNrjl4o

peter the painter

The amount of patience and skill involved in these builds is just mind boggling, more great work.

Cheers,

Peter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum