OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 25]

dadrab

Time well-spent. That's looking damn good.

Ovy

Shovelchop, working intensely:
My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 D6FE

Community reaction:
My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 814892b96c072fd3e2a0c9cbec0bb586

shovelchop81

dadrab wrote:Time well-spent. That's looking damn good.

Cheers dadrab! Got the hand guards to do next...

Ovy wrote:Shovelchop, working intensely:
My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 D6FE

Community reaction:
My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 814892b96c072fd3e2a0c9cbec0bb586

LOL! Brilliant finds there OVY!!

peter the painter

That shoulder cape is looking really good, he definitely seems like he has one of the most complicated outfits.

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
You'll get there, it looks like it'll be worth it. I doubt Asmus would go to that much trouble.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:That shoulder cape is looking really good, he definitely seems like he has one of the most complicated outfits.

Cheers,

Peter.

Cheers Peter! Yeah the simpler they look from a distance the more complicated they get as you take a closer look, the ones that look complicated from a distance are still bloody complicated when you get close!! affraid

Rogerbee wrote:You'll get there, it looks like it'll be worth it. I doubt Asmus would go to that much trouble.

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger! Finished it now and attaching it to his coat, makes me think of an old oilskin coat, I think he's based on an old school whaler but called a boar hunter for PC reasons. I'm sure Asmus would do the sensible production thing and sculpt it the cast it in silicone rubber or silkscreen print it with embossing etc.. Gloves next..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 YLSe04V

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 PhM6tJa

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 WtDmbDJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 7GPVV0B

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 D758vOn

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 GWQSrXS

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 FKri9a5

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 Vogkrcv

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He already looks great. Excellent progress!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Man, that is looking really good.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:He already looks great. Excellent progress!

Stryker2011 wrote:Man, that is looking really good.

Thanks guys! I readjusted his shoulder armour so you can see the fur better on his right side. Started the glove armour, tiny strips of pleather being used so far and threading it through the actual gaps in the burlap material I preglued with PVA to help stop it from falling apart, sort of blocks some of the 'holes' though. The grid lines are in cm to give you an idea of scale, I'll be using at least one other colour too.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 WDFxP7M

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 3fssGxM

dadrab

dadrab
Man...That looks like some slow going, but gorgeous work all the same. They're going to look mighty fine.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
He is coming together really well now.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
dadrab wrote:Man...That looks like some slow going, but gorgeous work all the same. They're going to look mighty fine.

Rogerbee wrote:He is coming together really well now.

CHEERS!

This was actually way easier and faster than the shoulder armour, not having to cut each hole made a huge difference! I even made him some basic pleather gloves and repainted my Studio Series Movie Grimlock Transformer while I waited for the PVA to dry Basketball .

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 FVCV16q

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 83Zr9ll

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 P4NHO2I

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 76NqWRV

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 UzWRzqD

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 59rXFq5

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 KbomsW7

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 08RBxys

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 ELz2GFU

peter the painter

Bifur is looking great, love all the small detail you add, your trademark now, you've also done a great job on the Transformer, what a super collection you are building.

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Doing well on all fronts!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Bifur is looking great, love all the small detail you add, your trademark now, you've also done a great job on the Transformer, what a super collection you are building.

Cheers,

Peter.

Cheers Peter! Went back in and added silver highlights on Grimlock, here he is transformed too..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 7Q9eVwr

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 AcCzcPK

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 XzQtnRl

Rogerbee wrote:Doing well on all fronts!

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger!

Back on topic now, finished the gauntlets and gloves combo, the patterns smudged off, oh well.. starting the belt too, got a lot of braiding to do!!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 Q46CYS8

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 E7E6iEL

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 AZGfx8i

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 B727m1K

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 Zuf2SzB

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 Z6zCDuG

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 JRAiWSp

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 EvAVbvL

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 2gzeyj6

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 2iMJAGS

peter the painter

That's incredibly painstaking work, looks great!

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
On track to be another winner!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:That's incredibly painstaking work, looks great!
Cheers,
Peter.

Rogerbee wrote:On track to be another winner!
CHEERS!

Cheers guys! Did all the braiding and got the majority of the belt made, still need to make a bunch of tusks to use as fasteners all over his clothing including the silver capped decorative ones for his belt. Made his belt buckle too.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 Fw8OnV0

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 NImmRms

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 Cf8k2gz

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 Hll02Sg

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 87Svez3

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 IeyEXKS

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
That belt is brilliant!

CHEERS!

peter the painter

Rogerbee wrote:That belt is brilliant!

CHEERS!

It certainly is, very well done.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81

CHEERS!

peter the painter wrote:

CHEERS!

It certainly is, very well done.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thank you Roger and Peter! Sorry about the slower pace of build but I've been busy sorting out other stuff. Making a start on his boots and taken pics of how far along he is, basically still needs weapons boots and a bunch of detail work plus I'm tempted to give him his distinctive enlarged? left eye, probably axe related..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 Wv3JLgs

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 NGP4ZEE

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 8a2UiHJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 J2WhQwT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 WxhRSz2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 ZKeoVZG

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He's really coming to life now.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
He looks SO good!

CHEERS!

Allotropos

Allotropos
Wow..Bifur is looking awesome !

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Once again, over the damn top! Five minutes inside your brain would probably be an awesome trip.
Your solutions to problems and the shear volume of creative ideas you present is astounding.
You will always be one of my favorite figure creators. A very satisfying post to read and re-read.

peter the painter

He is looking great Alex, excellent work on the costume to date, wouldn't expect any other from you.

Cheers,

Peter.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Man, that’s looking great already.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:He's really coming to life now.

Rogerbee wrote:He looks SO good!

CHEERS!

Allotropos wrote:Wow..Bifur is looking awesome !

Pontiacivan wrote:Once again, over the damn top! Five minutes inside your brain would probably be an awesome trip.
Your solutions to problems and the shear volume of creative ideas you present is astounding.
You will always be one of my favorite figure creators. A very satisfying post to read and re-read.

peter the painter wrote:He is looking great Alex, excellent work on the costume to date, wouldn't expect any other from you.

Cheers,

Peter.

Stryker2011 wrote:Man, that’s looking great already.

Thanks guys!
Ponti, my brain is no where you want to go! LOL! You'd be stealing everyone's trash for a start! Laughing
Having a rapid deceleration in build work getting done as I'm burnt out and need a break from LOTR related stuff but don't want to start another 1/6 project since I'd then be committed to that for ages and not get back to these guys for a while. So I'm compromising by doing a gun build I've put off for far too long that should only take a couple of weeks to do since I just ordered a nice new Bosch angle grinder to do the mods to make it a CO2 powered full blow back 30rnd pellet shooter with rifled barrel. You can see how huge it is in the pics, there's a 1/6 Dr. No for size reference; it's a full metal replica of a Barrett .50cal anti-material rifle used for taking out engine blocks, tank tracks, targets behind concrete walls etc.. at 1,500m.
As for Bifur, I've built his boots and started on his eye resculpt also resculpted his eyebrow to be more arched  as per the reference pic above, got to paint it next, and make the eyes green.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 TXBoujg

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 70QIXM2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 AgcAiCk

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 WUAivuo

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 SPtLnHn

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 0unZ2Oi

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 7ymW5fB

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 TNrwtai

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 VTvbqVK

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 XXiSfUl

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Damn I still suck at doing eyes! Even in this case where it's only one... technically not human either..oh well I'll get there eventually. Made all the tusks out of milliput (the slug looking things LOL) and started to finish other weapons like Nori's kukri based knives and Balin's glaive etc..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 NqLH1bP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 RHQxfpX

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 AZA1ihS

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 20 VGVkNft

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum