OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

He looks a lot like Obelix from Asterix.

Very much so, with a bit of Friar Tuck and a Shaolin monk mixed in too, his braided beard looks very much like the large prayer bead necklaces of the Shaolin monks but he has a shaved patch on top of his head (ironically started by the Romans to identify slaves in general, I guess Christian monks kept it as a sign of respect to Christian slaves who were slaughtered for their religion).

View user profile

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Good old Friar Tuck, never the best friend of Reverend Spooner!

CHEERS!

View user profile
Rogerbee wrote:Good old Friar Tuck, never the best friend of Reverend Spooner!

CHEERS!

Is reverend spooner a real character or are you just playing on words as he's not using a spoon? Wink
Going to start that girthy body of his tonight I think, been playing around with a complicated Transformers combiner all weekend, the large ones are a work out! Laughing

View user profile

Rogerbee

Founding Father
LOL! Reverend Spooner was a real man. What he did was to take words and swap their first letters around. Brexit Secretary, for example, could become Sexit Brecretary! You can well imagine what Friar Tuck would become, and I can't print it here!

CHEERS!

View user profile
Rogerbee wrote:LOL! Reverend Spooner was a real man. What he did was to take words and swap their first letters around. Brexit Secretary, for example, could become Sexit Brecretary! You can well imagine what Friar Tuck would become, and I can't print it here!

CHEERS!

Ah 'spoonerisms'! Brings back vague memories of English grammar exams...

Started on his body, gathered appropriate materials for clothing and got sent the wrong coloured hair for his big long braid, can't really send it back due to agoraphobia but hoping I can dye it for other builds later on. Turns out I need Intense Mango as a hair colour...only £7 so not the end of the world.

View user profile

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Yeah, LOL! Sorry, wasn't sure you'd know what I meant if I'd put that.

CHEERS!

View user profile

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
It looks like a massacre, but I am sure it will end up another masterpiece! Smile

CHEERS!

Trying to remember all the grammatical odd groups of words' names, the ones that are spelt so they can say the same word forwards and backwards, words that sound like the noise they are describing, words used together with the same first letter etc.. been a while! Wink

GubernatorFan wrote:It looks like a massacre, but I am sure it will end up another masterpiece! Smile

Gone back to my car crash roots! Wink

View user profile
Sincerely, your ingenuity is paralleled by an unwavering commitment to the task.

It seems that it will all have certainly been a long time coming, but your progress in the endeavor speaks volumes of virtue - and portends immense gratification, I would imagine…

Magical stuff.

PureEnergy wrote:Sincerely, your ingenuity is paralleled by an unwavering commitment to the task.  

It seems that it will all have certainly been a long time coming, but your progress in the endeavour speaks volumes of virtue - and portends immense gratification, I would imagine…

Magical stuff.  

Welcome and thank you very much PE! As we were just talking about English grammar it looks like you've been reading the English (American) Thesaurus recently!!Laughing Wink Yup they do take a while to build but I'm glad I'm doing them.

View user profile

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Palindromes! Like Kayak for example. Saw that a lot this year as they sponsored the F1 on Channel 4. Didn't study grammar in depth, but I know how to use it.

Hope this new bash goes well for you

CHEERS!

View user profile
Rogerbee wrote:Palindromes! Like Kayak for example. Saw that a lot this year as they sponsored the F1 on Channel 4. Didn't study grammar in depth, but I know how to use it.

Hope this new bash goes well for you

CHEERS!

Yup remembered palindromes afterwards but still can't remember the others, phonosomething or other etc..

Back to building Dwarf bodies 101 for anyone who has forgotten or not seen earlier pages for the other builds, also this one is quite different due to his immense weight; I've actually lost count of how many layers of foam I've given him!!Laughing He's still fully articulated though Wink .

Still not enough...added more..

Damn! I think he needs even more!! affraid

View user profile

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Looking good!

Great work on the fatsuit.

CHEERS!

View user profile
shovelchop81 wrote:
PureEnergy wrote:Sincerely, your ingenuity is paralleled by an unwavering commitment to the task.  

It seems that it will all have certainly been a long time coming, but your progress in the endeavour speaks volumes of virtue - and portends immense gratification, I would imagine…

Magical stuff.  

Welcome and thank you very much PE! As we were just talking about English grammar it looks like you've been reading the English (American) Thesaurus recently!!Laughing Wink  Yup they do take a while to build but I'm glad I'm doing them.

"That which is worthy of doing is indeed worthy of doing…"  

Also, again, I can but imagine what glory and splendor wait to rush at once upon you upon completion of such an epic undertaking; and it doth sing unto the heart to see such devotion to one’s eye’s apple.

Most impressive in your resoluteness, sir…

I appreciate the warm welcome as well as welcome the warm appreciation…

Rogerbee wrote:Palindromes! Like Kayak for example...

A palindrome ought be, itself, a palindrome; i.e., “emordnilap!”

English, however, is most often so inscrutable...  

Has anyone ever actually heard an onomatopoeia?  

Great update, Chop!

Rogerbee wrote:Looking good!

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger! More to add yet...

PureEnergy wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

Magical stuff.  

Welcome and thank you very much PE! As we were just talking about English grammar it looks like you've been reading the English (American) Thesaurus recently!!Laughing Wink  Yup they do take a while to build but I'm glad I'm doing them.

Also, again, I can but imagine what glory and splendor wait to rush at once upon you upon completion of such an epic undertaking; and it doth sing unto the heart to see such devotion to one’s eye’s apple.

PureEnergy wrote:

Great update, Chop!

Cheers! Well there's actually one in your avatar! Wink Sizzle and bang are pretty much spot on.

View user profile
shovelchop81 wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:Looking good!

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger! More to add yet...

PureEnergy wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

Magical stuff.  

PureEnergy wrote:

Great update, Chop!

Cheers! Well there's actually one in your avatar! Wink  Sizzle and bang are pretty much spot on.

Hahaha!  

Indeed...  But, have you heard the elusive onomatopoeia?  That which you have described, 'tis but the sound of common bacon!  

And "Pow" is merely abbreviation for Power, my friend.      

king

Right, fattened him up completely now, discovered the more foam I put on him the more it was getting compressed by his trousers which are elasticated and originally Princess Leia's in her Hasbro Boushh disguise if you can believe it!! So I ended up giving him squash proof thick solid hemp bag handles for his 'love handles' Wink with a thin layer of foam over those. I also thickened up his legs and arms, as you can see he's still very articulated and posable thanks to the 'give' in the foam and some strategic cutting and glueing.

View user profile
Looking really good, the proportions look much better now too.

Cheers,

Peter.

View user profile
peter the painter wrote:Looking really good, the proportions look much better now too.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks Peter! Just takes a bit of experimenting and a lot of foam and glue! Very Happy I'll be covering his 'jogging bottoms' with a more movie accurate towel like fabric from a Hasbro Mace Windu Jedi cloak, this should look the part with some ink and cover any joint gaps issues hopefully too.

View user profile

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Leia's trousers, nice. Her slave outfit did little to hide her Boushh!

CHEERS!

View user profile
Rogerbee wrote:Leia's trousers, nice. Her slave outfit did little to hide her Boushh!

CHEERS!

lol! Rolling Eyes

View user profile
shovelchop81 wrote:Right, fattened him up completely now, discovered the more foam I put on him the more it was getting compressed by his trousers which are elasticated and originally Princess Leia's in her Hasbro Boushh disguise if you can believe it!! So I ended up giving him squash proof thick solid hemp bag handles for his 'love handles' Wink  with a thin layer of foam over those. I also thickened up his legs and arms, as you can see he's still very articulated and posable thanks to the 'give' in the foam and some strategic cutting and glueing.

The “Fat Suit” is fantastic.  How clever of you to use cordage for rolls of huggable chub...  

Ultimately, half Action Figure, half Plushie - and a whole bunch of Lovin’!

Outstanding figuring, good sir.

Damn that's ingenious...

View user profile
PureEnergy wrote:
The “Fat Suit” is fantastic.  How clever of you to use cordage for rolls of huggable chub...  

Ultimately, half Action Figure, half Plushie - and a whole bunch of Lovin’!

Outstanding figuring, good sir.

Thank you!

dadrab wrote:Damn that's ingenious...

Cheers dadrab! Love the War Pigs video you posted BTW, reminded me of Todd McFarlane's animated video for Disturbed's cover of Genesis' 'Land Of Confusion'

Been busy tailoring Bombur's outfit, painting it too. The correct colour hair arrived.

Baby lotion/oil softens stiff material after painting it.

View user profile

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I like the way this is coming along and all the special tricks you pulled to make it happen.

Cheers,

Peter.

View user profile
GubernatorFan wrote:I like the way this is coming along and all the special tricks you pulled to make it happen.

Like using old bleached socks? Laughing Cheers GF!

peter the painter wrote:Bombur is looking great, I love to see how you develop the costume detail of the characters.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks Peter! Getting there but noticing a few more details needed as I go...

Made his 'real hair braid', damn that acrylic stuff is slippery! Modded and mounted feet and hands, boots too. Given him a proper back as there was a bit of a gap going on between the hs and the back plus the jerkin wasn't sitting right. I've been braiding more waxed string to make the straps for his knapsack and modding an old Hasbro Chewbacca bag to make it. I have detail work to do on the jerkin's shoulders, a leather like cord wrap and need to paint his sculpted hair and shaved patch (you missed that Peter! Laughing Wink ).

View user profile
I still believe you should start a 1/6 company,  I'm still struggling trying to prevent my Asmus figures from shelf diving

View user profile
Bombur is looking great, he's as fat as a barrel now, or should I say as fat as a barrel rider? Very Happy
apologies for the missed tonsure.

Cheers,

Peter.

View user profile

Stryker2011

Founding Father
That Bombur is looking so good. Really like how you did the fat suit (ingenious), and the braided beard. Excellent work as usual.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile
MerylAkiba wrote:I still believe you should start a 1/6 company,  I'm still struggling trying to prevent my Asmus figures from shelf diving

Ugh no! I do this to de-stress, a business would kill that and probably me too! Wink Try using basic metal stands for your figures, the Kings Arms(?) ones are getting harder to buy in bulk now but worth it if you can find them, I have hundreds!! Still not enough! You can get them in different sizes too, so for 1/6 hobbits or 1/6 giants etc..

peter the painter wrote:Bombur is looking great, he's as fat as a barrel now, or should I say as fat as a barrel rider? Very Happy
apologies for the missed tonsure.

Cheers,

Peter.

LOL, no probs already fixed, I need to paint the hair next to match the braid. I was tempted to make that barrel 'armour' for him from that bonkers Asterix like scene...

Stryker2011 wrote:That Bombur is looking so good. Really like how you did the fat suit (ingenious), and the braided beard. Excellent work as usual.

Cheers Stryker!

Doing more detail stuff including more braiding, fasteners for his jerkin and bag, details on his shirt and attaching his head. Pics are basically a game of 'spot the difference'.

View user profile
More great looking detail work, I'm really liking how this figure is coming together.

Cheers,

Peter.

View user profile
I have officially run out of adjectives to describe your work. I have picked up so many tips on 1/6 bashing from you, I almost feel like I have no creativity of my own. You are one of a group of very talented artists here on the forum I truly admire.
I wish we had more people posting content like the members I am thinking of.
Keep all the 1/6 goodness coming!

View user profile
peter the painter wrote:More great looking detail work, I'm really liking how this figure is coming together.

Cheers,

Peter.

Pontiacivan wrote:I have officially run out of adjectives to describe your work. I have picked up so many tips on 1/6 bashing from you, I almost feel like I have no creativity of my own. You are one of a group of very talented artists here on the forum I truly admire.
I wish we had more people posting content like the members I am thinking of.
Keep all the 1/6 goodness coming!

thanks guys means a lot! keyboards broken using tiny version..bugger to type!painted hair and done hand wraps.

View user profile
Love the hand warmers and the hair repaint, great work all round.

Cheers,

Peter.

View user profile
You've got a gear I ain't got, brah.

I'm enjoying this more than you know.

Superior...

View user profile
peter the painter wrote:Love the hand warmers and the hair repaint, great work all round.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks Peter, Brass paint actually worked for the highlights!

dadrab wrote:You've got a gear I ain't got, brah.

I'm enjoying this more than you know.

Superior...

Thank you dadrab although I seem to have missed a gear recently, got distracted by an invasion of new Transformers figures!! Still waiting on a new keyboard.

started on his unusual sandal like boots, found bits to make his beer stein and designed 2 knives for him; a cleaver crossed with a competition chopper in the Dwarven geometric style and a Norse seax utility knife favoured by Vikings as daggers.

View user profile

Rogerbee

Founding Father
You're going great guns there! Carry on! If anything goes wrong, you can paint the hair white and go for Santa.

CHEERS!

View user profile
He's looking great, nearly there now, really enjoyed this build.

Cheers,

Peter.

View user profile
Rogerbee wrote:You're going great guns there! Carry on! If anything goes wrong, you can paint the hair white and go for Santa.

CHEERS!

Laughing Er no....got Balin for that!! Wink

peter the painter wrote:He's looking great, nearly there now, really enjoyed this build.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks for the constant support Peter!

Done a bit more work but was busy working on a real Scottish basket hilt sword, painstakingly adding serrations to half the length of the blade one by one...
Cut out the knives and I'm making his stein look like it's made from ivory or bone with a 'natural' grain texture. I'll embellish it with metal bands and a handle.

going for a very Gothic/grungy look for this one unlike the Barnett version below.

Back to Bombur..

View user profile
Looks like you are in for a lot of pain and frustration when trying to assemble those components. I admire your dedication but don't share your level of masochism Smile

MerylAkiba wrote:I still believe you should start a 1/6 company,  I'm still struggling trying to prevent my Asmus figures from shelf diving

Ugh no! I do this to de-stress, a business would kill that and probably me too!  Wink

I have some projects that I do for the business and some things that I only do for me. The former is always stressful regardless of how much fun a particular project might have seemed at the start. The latter is what keeps me relaxed and de-stressed.

I find that the first time I make something, it is fun, because there are no time constraints and I'm free to wander off in any direction that fancies me. If I sell it and have to make another to replenish my stock, it becomes work and is no longer fun. I'd rather make something new and original instead of wasting time on something I've already accomplished.

The problem is that the first one is always sold at a loss because you can never get back the time spent messing around with new ideas and different techniques. You only make money on the subsequent ones because the process can be streamlined and made more efficient.

shovelchop81 wrote:

Ugh no! I do this to de-stress, a business would kill that and probably me too!  Wink

I have some projects that I do for the business and some things that I only do for me. The former is always stressful regardless of how much fun a particular project might have seemed at the start. The latter is what keeps me relaxed and de-stressed.

I find that the first time I make something, it is fun, because there are no time constraints and I'm free to wander off in any direction that fancies me. If I sell it and have to make another to replenish my stock, it becomes work and is no longer fun. I'd rather make something new and original instead of wasting time on something I've already accomplished.

The problem is that the first one is always sold at a loss because you can never get back the time spent messing around with new ideas and different techniques. You only make money on the subsequent ones because the process can be streamlined and made more efficient.

I agree 100%, everything you said is exactly how I felt when I sold a limited amount of custom figures, seller's remorse in another one, when someone talks you into selling a piece you made and really like but you think 'oh I'll just make another' but you never do.... Sad

View user profile
Just blown away by the amount of projects you undertake and the level of detail that you achieve in your
endeavours.

Cheers,

Peter.

View user profile

Rogerbee

Founding Father

Ho, ho, ho, you've got it covered!

CHEERS!

View user profile
Excellent, Chop.

peter the painter wrote:Just blown away by the amount of projects you undertake and the level of detail that you achieve in your
endeavours.

Cheers,

Peter.

LOL, cheers Peter! just giving myself reasons to get out of bed!

Rogerbee wrote:
Ho, ho, ho, you've got it covered!

CHEERS!

Indeed! (T'ealc SG1)

PureEnergy wrote:Excellent, Chop.  

Thanks PE!

Stilts? Glueing his boot soles actually.. Wink

View user profile

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Nice work on that mug. Looking good.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile
All the accessories are looking really good.

Cheers,

Peter.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum