OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.


You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

He looks a lot like Obelix from Asterix.

Very much so, with a bit of Friar Tuck and a Shaolin monk mixed in too, his braided beard looks very much like the large prayer bead necklaces of the Shaolin monks but he has a shaved patch on top of his head (ironically started by the Romans to identify slaves in general, I guess Christian monks kept it as a sign of respect to Christian slaves who were slaughtered for their religion).

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Asterix-and-Obelix-2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Shaolin-big-bead-necklace-15.gif

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Tuck

View user profile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Good old Friar Tuck, never the best friend of Reverend Spooner!

CHEERS!

View user profile
Rogerbee wrote:Good old Friar Tuck, never the best friend of Reverend Spooner!

CHEERS!

Is reverend spooner a real character or are you just playing on words as he's not using a spoon? Wink
Going to start that girthy body of his tonight I think, been playing around with a complicated Transformers combiner all weekend, the large ones are a work out! Laughing

View user profile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
LOL! Reverend Spooner was a real man. What he did was to take words and swap their first letters around. Brexit Secretary, for example, could become Sexit Brecretary! You can well imagine what Friar Tuck would become, and I can't print it here!

CHEERS!

View user profile
Rogerbee wrote:LOL! Reverend Spooner was a real man. What he did was to take words and swap their first letters around. Brexit Secretary, for example, could become Sexit Brecretary! You can well imagine what Friar Tuck would become, and I can't print it here!

CHEERS!

Ah 'spoonerisms'! Brings back vague memories of English grammar exams...

Started on his body, gathered appropriate materials for clothing and got sent the wrong coloured hair for his big long braid, can't really send it back due to agoraphobia but hoping I can dye it for other builds later on. Turns out I need Intense Mango as a hair colour...only £7 so not the end of the world.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 0795kuE

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 F3MBQoP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 IqbtLAm

View user profile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Yeah, LOL! Sorry, wasn't sure you'd know what I meant if I'd put that.

CHEERS!

View user profile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It looks like a massacre, but I am sure it will end up another masterpiece! Smile


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
Rogerbee wrote:Yeah, LOL! Sorry, wasn't sure you'd know what I meant if I'd put that.

CHEERS!

Trying to remember all the grammatical odd groups of words' names, the ones that are spelt so they can say the same word forwards and backwards, words that sound like the noise they are describing, words used together with the same first letter etc.. been a while! Wink

GubernatorFan wrote:It looks like a massacre, but I am sure it will end up another masterpiece! Smile

Gone back to my car crash roots! Wink

View user profile
Sincerely, your ingenuity is paralleled by an unwavering commitment to the task.

It seems that it will all have certainly been a long time coming, but your progress in the endeavor speaks volumes of virtue - and portends immense gratification, I would imagine…

Magical stuff.

View user profile
PureEnergy wrote:Sincerely, your ingenuity is paralleled by an unwavering commitment to the task.  

It seems that it will all have certainly been a long time coming, but your progress in the endeavour speaks volumes of virtue - and portends immense gratification, I would imagine…

Magical stuff.  

Welcome and thank you very much PE! As we were just talking about English grammar it looks like you've been reading the English (American) Thesaurus recently!!Laughing Wink Yup they do take a while to build but I'm glad I'm doing them.

View user profile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Palindromes! Like Kayak for example. Saw that a lot this year as they sponsored the F1 on Channel 4. Didn't study grammar in depth, but I know how to use it.

Hope this new bash goes well for you

CHEERS!

View user profile
Rogerbee wrote:Palindromes! Like Kayak for example. Saw that a lot this year as they sponsored the F1 on Channel 4. Didn't study grammar in depth, but I know how to use it.

Hope this new bash goes well for you

CHEERS!

Yup remembered palindromes afterwards but still can't remember the others, phonosomething or other etc..

Back to building Dwarf bodies 101 for anyone who has forgotten or not seen earlier pages for the other builds, also this one is quite different due to his immense weight; I've actually lost count of how many layers of foam I've given him!!Laughing He's still fully articulated though Wink .

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 TY63dvS

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 3tLurBm

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 3bfNpri

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 EBmmrcp

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 3MitLGB

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Gnu3exC

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Zse0MBb

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 6w1SWMF

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Kvm8kAm

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 7gU6PGA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 30zSSlL

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 FEsVWZS

Still not enough...added more..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 B2WQe89

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 AxvN70B

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 ECK0rZM

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 YM717fB

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 N9SUBeB

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 GRO5RHn

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 IAsGXKR

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 HaLB8WE

Damn! I think he needs even more!! affraid

View user profile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good!

Great work on the fatsuit.

CHEERS!

View user profile
shovelchop81 wrote:
PureEnergy wrote:Sincerely, your ingenuity is paralleled by an unwavering commitment to the task.  

It seems that it will all have certainly been a long time coming, but your progress in the endeavour speaks volumes of virtue - and portends immense gratification, I would imagine…

Magical stuff.  

Welcome and thank you very much PE! As we were just talking about English grammar it looks like you've been reading the English (American) Thesaurus recently!!Laughing Wink  Yup they do take a while to build but I'm glad I'm doing them.



"That which is worthy of doing is indeed worthy of doing…"  


Also, again, I can but imagine what glory and splendor wait to rush at once upon you upon completion of such an epic undertaking; and it doth sing unto the heart to see such devotion to one’s eye’s apple.

Most impressive in your resoluteness, sir…


I appreciate the warm welcome as well as welcome the warm appreciation…

View user profile
Rogerbee wrote:Palindromes! Like Kayak for example...



A palindrome ought be, itself, a palindrome; i.e., “emordnilap!”

English, however, is most often so inscrutable...  


Has anyone ever actually heard an onomatopoeia?  



Great update, Chop!

View user profile
Rogerbee wrote:Looking good!

Great work on the fatsuit.

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger! More to add yet...

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Ghostbusters-offrez-vous-une-bougiebibendum-chamallowparfumee-a-lagimauve-mobile-110131

PureEnergy wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:
PureEnergy wrote:Sincerely, your ingenuity is paralleled by an unwavering commitment to the task.  

It seems that it will all have certainly been a long time coming, but your progress in the endeavour speaks volumes of virtue - and portends immense gratification, I would imagine…

Magical stuff.  

Welcome and thank you very much PE! As we were just talking about English grammar it looks like you've been reading the English (American) Thesaurus recently!!Laughing Wink  Yup they do take a while to build but I'm glad I'm doing them.



"That which is worthy of doing is indeed worthy of doing…"  


Also, again, I can but imagine what glory and splendor wait to rush at once upon you upon completion of such an epic undertaking; and it doth sing unto the heart to see such devotion to one’s eye’s apple.

Most impressive in your resoluteness, sir…


I appreciate the warm welcome as well as welcome the warm appreciation…



PureEnergy wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:Palindromes! Like Kayak for example...



A palindrome ought be, itself, a palindrome; i.e., “emordnilap!”

English, however, is most often so inscrutable...  


Has anyone ever actually heard an onomatopoeia?  



Great update, Chop!

Cheers! Well there's actually one in your avatar! Wink Sizzle and bang are pretty much spot on.

View user profile
shovelchop81 wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:Looking good!

Great work on the fatsuit.

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger! More to add yet...

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Ghostbusters-offrez-vous-une-bougiebibendum-chamallowparfumee-a-lagimauve-mobile-110131

PureEnergy wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:
PureEnergy wrote:Sincerely, your ingenuity is paralleled by an unwavering commitment to the task.  

It seems that it will all have certainly been a long time coming, but your progress in the endeavour speaks volumes of virtue - and portends immense gratification, I would imagine…

Magical stuff.  

Welcome and thank you very much PE! As we were just talking about English grammar it looks like you've been reading the English (American) Thesaurus recently!!Laughing Wink  Yup they do take a while to build but I'm glad I'm doing them.



"That which is worthy of doing is indeed worthy of doing…"  


Also, again, I can but imagine what glory and splendor wait to rush at once upon you upon completion of such an epic undertaking; and it doth sing unto the heart to see such devotion to one’s eye’s apple.

Most impressive in your resoluteness, sir…


I appreciate the warm welcome as well as welcome the warm appreciation…



PureEnergy wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:Palindromes! Like Kayak for example...



A palindrome ought be, itself, a palindrome; i.e., “emordnilap!”

English, however, is most often so inscrutable...  


Has anyone ever actually heard an onomatopoeia?  



Great update, Chop!

Cheers! Well there's actually one in your avatar! Wink  Sizzle and bang are pretty much spot on.




Hahaha!  

Indeed...  But, have you heard the elusive onomatopoeia?  That which you have described, 'tis but the sound of common bacon!  

And "Pow" is merely abbreviation for Power, my friend.      

king

View user profile
Right, fattened him up completely now, discovered the more foam I put on him the more it was getting compressed by his trousers which are elasticated and originally Princess Leia's in her Hasbro Boushh disguise if you can believe it!! So I ended up giving him squash proof thick solid hemp bag handles for his 'love handles' Wink with a thin layer of foam over those. I also thickened up his legs and arms, as you can see he's still very articulated and posable thanks to the 'give' in the foam and some strategic cutting and glueing.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 MMH85Oh

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 LK0Rlg4

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 BLNCwR5

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 IqO2LCF

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Kgqm2rv

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 05wnOpW

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 ZWitV5J

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 UmpodBV

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 I6gjmcE

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 R1WmeBj

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Rda3Jh7

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 WGgCc6T

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 ApB4hLj

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 DYFWjIf

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Uf4qIML

View user profile
Looking really good, the proportions look much better now too.


Cheers,

Peter.

View user profile
peter the painter wrote:Looking really good, the proportions look much better now too.


Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks Peter! Just takes a bit of experimenting and a lot of foam and glue! Very Happy I'll be covering his 'jogging bottoms' with a more movie accurate towel like fabric from a Hasbro Mace Windu Jedi cloak, this should look the part with some ink and cover any joint gaps issues hopefully too.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 KQm7ViJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Cxektjb

View user profile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Leia's trousers, nice. Her slave outfit did little to hide her Boushh!

CHEERS!

View user profile
Rogerbee wrote:Leia's trousers, nice. Her slave outfit did little to hide her Boushh!

CHEERS!

lol! Rolling Eyes

View user profile
shovelchop81 wrote:Right, fattened him up completely now, discovered the more foam I put on him the more it was getting compressed by his trousers which are elasticated and originally Princess Leia's in her Hasbro Boushh disguise if you can believe it!! So I ended up giving him squash proof thick solid hemp bag handles for his 'love handles' Wink  with a thin layer of foam over those. I also thickened up his legs and arms, as you can see he's still very articulated and posable thanks to the 'give' in the foam and some strategic cutting and glueing.


My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 UmpodBV



The “Fat Suit” is fantastic.  How clever of you to use cordage for rolls of huggable chub...  

Ultimately, half Action Figure, half Plushie - and a whole bunch of Lovin’!


Outstanding figuring, good sir.

View user profile
Damn that's ingenious...

View user profile
PureEnergy wrote:
The “Fat Suit” is fantastic.  How clever of you to use cordage for rolls of huggable chub...  

Ultimately, half Action Figure, half Plushie - and a whole bunch of Lovin’!


Outstanding figuring, good sir.

Thank you!

dadrab wrote:Damn that's ingenious...

Cheers dadrab! Love the War Pigs video you posted BTW, reminded me of Todd McFarlane's animated video for Disturbed's cover of Genesis' 'Land Of Confusion'



Been busy tailoring Bombur's outfit, painting it too. The correct colour hair arrived.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 KgNqxSz

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 PPx9Xy8

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 1cLcRJE

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 9hODEHB

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 NAu3IlJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 UP2YigH

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 S8cWkID

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 ZP4MJ0o

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Wsq8BYv

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 JYzAPEJ

Baby lotion/oil softens stiff material after painting it.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 ZDGFfsS

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 T87AjWc

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 FHWiFFZ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 2Bqt6xB

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 XrGx5GM

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 YlFncDk

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 0HsRr7N

View user profile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like the way this is coming along and all the special tricks you pulled to make it happen.


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
Bombur is looking great, I love to see how you develop the costume detail of the characters.



Cheers,


Peter.

View user profile
GubernatorFan wrote:I like the way this is coming along and all the special tricks you pulled to make it happen.

Like using old bleached socks? Laughing Cheers GF!

peter the painter wrote:Bombur is looking great, I love to see how you develop the costume detail of the characters.



Cheers,


Peter.

Thanks Peter! Getting there but noticing a few more details needed as I go...

Made his 'real hair braid', damn that acrylic stuff is slippery! Modded and mounted feet and hands, boots too. Given him a proper back as there was a bit of a gap going on between the hs and the back plus the jerkin wasn't sitting right. I've been braiding more waxed string to make the straps for his knapsack and modding an old Hasbro Chewbacca bag to make it. I have detail work to do on the jerkin's shoulders, a leather like cord wrap and need to paint his sculpted hair and shaved patch (you missed that Peter! Laughing Wink ).

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 0HSLplF

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 L0XgBWt

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 BsSkrIr

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 N65hDjL

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Cpr2572

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 4w0sKkI

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 OmLoEI9

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 UJzHesp

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 8E51d0q

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 U2pNFl1

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 L15cD7r

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 CIG1HF4

View user profile
I still believe you should start a 1/6 company,  I'm still struggling trying to prevent my Asmus figures from shelf diving

View user profile
Bombur is looking great, he's as fat as a barrel now, or should I say as fat as a barrel rider? Very Happy
apologies for the missed tonsure.

Cheers,

Peter.

View user profile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That Bombur is looking so good. Really like how you did the fat suit (ingenious), and the braided beard. Excellent work as usual.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 TCFITBi
View user profile
MerylAkiba wrote:I still believe you should start a 1/6 company,  I'm still struggling trying to prevent my Asmus figures from shelf diving

Ugh no! I do this to de-stress, a business would kill that and probably me too! Wink Try using basic metal stands for your figures, the Kings Arms(?) ones are getting harder to buy in bulk now but worth it if you can find them, I have hundreds!! Still not enough! You can get them in different sizes too, so for 1/6 hobbits or 1/6 giants etc..

peter the painter wrote:Bombur is looking great, he's as fat as a barrel now, or should I say as fat as a barrel rider? Very Happy
apologies for the missed tonsure.

Cheers,

Peter.

LOL, no probs already fixed, I need to paint the hair next to match the braid. I was tempted to make that barrel 'armour' for him from that bonkers Asterix like scene...

Stryker2011 wrote:That Bombur is looking so good. Really like how you did the fat suit (ingenious), and the braided beard. Excellent work as usual.

Cheers Stryker!

Doing more detail stuff including more braiding, fasteners for his jerkin and bag, details on his shirt and attaching his head. Pics are basically a game of 'spot the difference'.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 YF9bXAN

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 4691Mik

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 48Tl0Jl

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 PfRdut3

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 J0IHgUh

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 IUxXamp

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 QkqZhyr

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 FrgJrov

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 PjBoGwv

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 VsCMWaH

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 KqCJAHD

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 LaTUFOh

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 K3TAx0O

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 XMu5W1X

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 IY7zVcT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 IQpoBXS

View user profile
More great looking detail work, I'm really liking how this figure is coming together.

Cheers,

Peter.

View user profile
I have officially run out of adjectives to describe your work. I have picked up so many tips on 1/6 bashing from you, I almost feel like I have no creativity of my own. You are one of a group of very talented artists here on the forum I truly admire.
I wish we had more people posting content like the members I am thinking of.
Keep all the 1/6 goodness coming!

View user profile
peter the painter wrote:More great looking detail work, I'm really liking how this figure is coming together.

Cheers,

Peter.

Pontiacivan wrote:I have officially run out of adjectives to describe your work. I have picked up so many tips on 1/6 bashing from you, I almost feel like I have no creativity of my own. You are one of a group of very talented artists here on the forum I truly admire.
I wish we had more people posting content like the members I am thinking of.
Keep all the 1/6 goodness coming!


thanks guys means a lot! keyboards broken using tiny version..bugger to type!painted hair and done hand wraps.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 UAPvNEz

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 AlhdV63

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 F5y8RKM

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 7icOY4n

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 M3CbCw5

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 209Xm4p

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 AiiV7uJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 9AjziyP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 ZMOnuAc

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 WbsHSaV

View user profile
Love the hand warmers and the hair repaint, great work all round.



Cheers,



Peter.

View user profile
You've got a gear I ain't got, brah.

I'm enjoying this more than you know.

Superior...

View user profile
peter the painter wrote:Love the hand warmers and the hair repaint, great work all round.



Cheers,



Peter.

Thanks Peter, Brass paint actually worked for the highlights!

dadrab wrote:You've got a gear I ain't got, brah.

I'm enjoying this more than you know.

Superior...


Thank you dadrab although I seem to have missed a gear recently, got distracted by an invasion of new Transformers figures!! Still waiting on a new keyboard.

started on his unusual sandal like boots, found bits to make his beer stein and designed 2 knives for him; a cleaver crossed with a competition chopper in the Dwarven geometric style and a Norse seax utility knife favoured by Vikings as daggers.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 KEjtDnL

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 X7t9pdS

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 DKGYyzk

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 NHuKunk

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 ZwpHGJN

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 GTmqtJT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 ANN2vp4

View user profile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
You're going great guns there! Carry on! If anything goes wrong, you can paint the hair white and go for Santa.

CHEERS!

View user profile
He's looking great, nearly there now, really enjoyed this build.


Cheers,

Peter.

View user profile
Rogerbee wrote:You're going great guns there! Carry on! If anything goes wrong, you can paint the hair white and go for Santa.

CHEERS!

Laughing Er no....got Balin for that!! Wink

peter the painter wrote:He's looking great, nearly there now, really enjoyed this build.


Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks for the constant support Peter!

Done a bit more work but was busy working on a real Scottish basket hilt sword, painstakingly adding serrations to half the length of the blade one by one...
Cut out the knives and I'm making his stein look like it's made from ivory or bone with a 'natural' grain texture. I'll embellish it with metal bands and a handle.

going for a very Gothic/grungy look for this one unlike the Barnett version below.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 XwO9gw2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 R9WnDB1

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 22SluAh

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 T3lx80P

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 S4ETBcW

Back to Bombur..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 O7MCNaH

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 KuuVPSA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 NYMq8TP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 OFTKcpF

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Cr2ntz5

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 AMe1U4f

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 BgpQVCk


View user profile
Looks like you are in for a lot of pain and frustration when trying to assemble those components. I admire your dedication but don't share your level of masochism Smile


_________________
More of my work can be found at One Sixth Arsenal
View user profile https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal
shovelchop81 wrote:
MerylAkiba wrote:I still believe you should start a 1/6 company,  I'm still struggling trying to prevent my Asmus figures from shelf diving

Ugh no! I do this to de-stress, a business would kill that and probably me too!  Wink

I have some projects that I do for the business and some things that I only do for me. The former is always stressful regardless of how much fun a particular project might have seemed at the start. The latter is what keeps me relaxed and de-stressed.

I find that the first time I make something, it is fun, because there are no time constraints and I'm free to wander off in any direction that fancies me. If I sell it and have to make another to replenish my stock, it becomes work and is no longer fun. I'd rather make something new and original instead of wasting time on something I've already accomplished.

The problem is that the first one is always sold at a loss because you can never get back the time spent messing around with new ideas and different techniques. You only make money on the subsequent ones because the process can be streamlined and made more efficient.


_________________
More of my work can be found at One Sixth Arsenal
View user profile https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal
shazzdan wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:
MerylAkiba wrote:I still believe you should start a 1/6 company,  I'm still struggling trying to prevent my Asmus figures from shelf diving

Ugh no! I do this to de-stress, a business would kill that and probably me too!  Wink

I have some projects that I do for the business and some things that I only do for me. The former is always stressful regardless of how much fun a particular project might have seemed at the start. The latter is what keeps me relaxed and de-stressed.

I find that the first time I make something, it is fun, because there are no time constraints and I'm free to wander off in any direction that fancies me. If I sell it and have to make another to replenish my stock, it becomes work and is no longer fun. I'd rather make something new and original instead of wasting time on something I've already accomplished.

The problem is that the first one is always sold at a loss because you can never get back the time spent messing around with new ideas and different techniques. You only make money on the subsequent ones because the process can be streamlined and made more efficient.

I agree 100%, everything you said is exactly how I felt when I sold a limited amount of custom figures, seller's remorse in another one, when someone talks you into selling a piece you made and really like but you think 'oh I'll just make another' but you never do.... Sad

View user profile
Just blown away by the amount of projects you undertake and the level of detail that you achieve in your
endeavours.


Cheers,


Peter.

View user profile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Ho, ho, ho, you've got it covered!

CHEERS!

View user profile
Excellent, Chop.

View user profile
peter the painter wrote:Just blown away by the amount of projects you undertake and the level of detail that you achieve in your
endeavours.


Cheers,


Peter.

LOL, cheers Peter! just giving myself reasons to get out of bed!

Rogerbee wrote:
Ho, ho, ho, you've got it covered!

CHEERS!

Indeed! (T'ealc SG1)

PureEnergy wrote:Excellent, Chop.  

Thanks PE!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 SY4Nx3g

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 LgePIPv

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 HEu2mC5

Stilts? Glueing his boot soles actually.. Wink

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 H8Cw4dE

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 FeCstBe

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 UsOBYFJ

View user profile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice work on that mug. Looking good.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 TCFITBi
View user profile
All the accessories are looking really good.


Cheers,



Peter.

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum