OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Workshop aka Where the magic...and frustration...happens

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

thegreatshaggy

thegreatshaggy
So everyone has a workshop, or work area, where we spend countless of hours at perfecting that latest project. And sometimes the futility or absolute frustration when something isn't going according to plan. I'm sure everyone has a tale when something hasn't gone quite well to the most meticulous crafted and thought out plan.

Just a snap shot of my area which doubles over for other household needs. I know, it's a mess, but at least I know right where everything is...most of the time 🤔The Workshop aka Where the magic...and frustration...happens 20210910

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
thegreatshaggy wrote:And sometimes the futility or absolute frustration when something isn't going according to plan.

Oooooh boy, tell me about it Smile
Up until recently i was building a complete wooden frame from scratch, to stack a multi floored diorama without it crumbling from its own weight. Nicely hidden beneath and behind the foam sheets that were to be the backdrop.
Only to scrap it all because my workplace was discarding perfectly fine, stackable metal shelves with a low profile so i could mask the bulk with said foam sheets.

By the way, gonna upload a few pics of my basement room ,where i tinker my stuff together, soon, absolute chaos i tell you Wink

Cheers

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, it’s certainly more organized than mine. Very Happy

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Workshop aka Where the magic...and frustration...happens C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I was going to say it's a more spacey and workable work area than mine these days...

BAMComix

BAMComix
It's always great too see how others work. As the others said, you are far more organized than me too! Laughing

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Here’s mine - I definitely don’t thrive on clutter but that’s just how I roll. XD Right now the laptop is there as I’m doing some video editing, but once it’s out of the way the mess takes over. Laughing

The Workshop aka Where the magic...and frustration...happens 80957510

thegreatshaggy

thegreatshaggy
Lynkhart wrote:Here’s mine - I definitely don’t thrive on clutter but that’s just how I roll. XD Right now the laptop is there as I’m doing some video editing, but once it’s out of the way the mess takes over. Laughing

🤯

Organized with plastic bins marked. Man, I just toss my bodies into a cardboard box underneath the table.

The Workshop aka Where the magic...and frustration...happens 20210913

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
All the pretty horses... Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Lynkhart wrote:Here’s mine - I definitely don’t thrive on clutter but that’s just how I roll. XD Right now the laptop is there as I’m doing some video editing, but once it’s out of the way the mess takes over. Laughing

Organized chaos. I’d be afraid to take a pic of the absolute disaster of what my entire man-cave looks like at the moment. I have $#@t lying everywhere, and at this point I’d be lucky to even identify where some of the parts came from.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Workshop aka Where the magic...and frustration...happens C8485110

davidd

davidd
Where the frustration happens, indeed:

The Workshop aka Where the magic...and frustration...happens 51487583259_d1bdc8237a_z

There's a card table under there somewhere, with a simple little photo backdrop and a couple or three figures. I swear, you turn your back for a moment and something like this happens.
Crying or Very sad

When I look at this mess, I just want to find a pitchfork – I've never actually owned a pitchfork, so, ironically, I would have to buy one which would only add to the clutter – and start pitching everything in to trash bags and then just haul it all to the dump. My frustration level as a result of the mountain of clutter is presently at such a point that I'm almost ready to give up on the figure hobby. At the very least, I'm taking a bit of a break while I formulate a strategy for an assault against Mount Doom.

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Aah! It feels just like home!
I have given up on the idea of organization and storage. These days it all goes in trays and Tupperware large enough to spread out. Then I can fine things easier. I will break the trays down by general “type”, and grow into a larger tray when have more of something.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
lol boxes are the only thing that keeps the chaos from becoming totally unmanageable for me! I like things being organised but I really struggle to keep it up, unless everything has a place to live. For years I had nothing but boxes of assorted crap…and now I have boxes of *sorted* crap, which is so much easier to keep track of! Laughing

Case in point, the area of my room I affectionately refer to as ‘The Void’. Once upon a time it was a built in cupboard where the boiler for the central heating lived, but once that was taken out forever ago, I was left with a really awkward space between the wall and built in wardrobe that ended up being a dumping ground for stuff that didn’t fit anywhere else, along with my DVD collection. I realised last year that I hadn’t touched any of the dvds in years, so I got rid of just about all of them and started accumulating useful boxes. It hasn’t fallen into chaos since! I really like the clear plastic ones often used for storing beads and/or fishing tackle for small things, especially the ones with moveable dividers, they’re super useful.

The Workshop aka Where the magic...and frustration...happens 64448010

doodlehobby

Uh... my entire floor of my bedroom becomes my work space if I'm working with something. Embarassed

Ovy

Ovy
Hi I'm Ovy. Nice therapy group. But I am not yet comfortable enough to share, I will just listen for the moment.  The Workshop aka Where the magic...and frustration...happens 1f602

Lynkhart, it is very clever to seperate in good bodies and other bodies.  The Workshop aka Where the magic...and frustration...happens 1f602

Illusion

Illusion
just take some comfort in me saying, you do NOT want to see my figure room…

Normally I would like to have it as organised as Lynkhart‘s, but I just don‘t get around to get the material nicely sorted and I am certainly missing shelves…

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum