OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
For this addition to the Astraverse's character lineup, I was partly inspired by the Netflix show Sweet Tooth, and partly by the Ripper mutants from the film Tank Girl.

Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 16356210
TAUDD REYNARD, the half-brother of Gheizt, was raised by a secret group of cult-like villagers - hidden away from the rest of the post-apocalyptic world. In fact, it was the same secret village that the Shaman Trey'laaka was born into. While Taudd displayed no physical mutations at first, it became obvious to the villagers during his teenage years that he possessed almost superhuman-like senses and agility. For these reasons he was given the role of hunter-gatherer, often sneaking into the surrounding establishments or raider camps to steal food and supplies, almost never being detected or caught due to his natural sly-ness. Though a cunning thief, Taudd was otherwise a rather honest and brave individual, never stepping down from a fight when called for. It was during one of these brawls against a group of ill-hearted raiders that Taudd nearly lost his life, but was saved by the Shaman Trey'laaka, who had taken an interest in the boy and began following him during his outings. Over the months as Taudd's wounds healed he noticed the mutations beginning to take effect on his body, his skin changing pigment, sprouting huge furry ears and a bushy tail. But with this metamorphosis he also felt stronger, faster, more agile - so he embraced it. Trey, realizing he was special, offered to help train Taudd to further hone his skills, through a form of 'spiritual harmonization.' Taudd undertook the special training outside of the village, undergoing a long hibernation of seven days in a secluded area of the northern wilderness. But when he returned to the village after, he found it abandoned and in ruins, with only a note from Trey: "I'm sorry." For the next several years Taudd traveled the world solo, keeping to the shadows, but slowly piecing together the puzzle along the way, as to Trey's part in their village's destruction, and why he was spared.

Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii444
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii445
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii446
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii447
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii448
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii449
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii450
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii451
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii452
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii453
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii454
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii455
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii456
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii457
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii458
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Faceap46

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool new character. Perhaps he'll meet up with Gheizt and we'll find out why they were separated in the first place. And, of course, he has his own mystery to solve. I like the look, the mods, the customs, the pharaonic "what to do with the tail when sitting" choice. A little more dubious about the choice of footwear. It is unusual and interesting in itself, but a hunter would probably need boots providing complete protection to the foot and lower legs. Maybe swap them with some other character for the next installment, if you agree.

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
whats really cool at this point is, above the figure itself, you managed to find your very own, consistent and quality style. hats off to you

BAMComix

BAMComix
interesting looking guy!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Amazing new character design! I know little about the various aesthetic ifluences on him, but I do love the fact you named him 'Reynard', as in the medieval tale. :')

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool new character, and interesting history. Looking forward to seeing what the reason for the destruction of his adoptive village is.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 C8485110

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Your characters are always quite cool and this guy is no exception, I had not noticed his tail the first time I looked at the pictures, cool work on thee ears too, they look great.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 1f60e

valentin

valentin
It's a very cool Beast-kin!
It probably is bad of me to say this, but it reminds me of those isekai anime stuff with multiple types of characters and species, (elves, dwarves, etc, and now Beast-kin!), which I actually find this figure both cute and cool at the same time.

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
GubernatorFan wrote:Very cool new character. Perhaps he'll meet up with Gheizt and we'll find out why they were separated in the first place. And, of course, he has his own mystery to solve. I like the look, the mods, the customs, the pharaonic "what to do with the tail when sitting" choice. A little more dubious about the choice of footwear. It is unusual and interesting in itself, but a hunter would probably need boots providing complete protection to the foot and lower legs. Maybe swap them with some other character for the next installment, if you agree.

I've thought of a rather humorous way to introduce him to the rest of the group quite soon, I'm only waiting for something to arrive in the mail before I can make it happen. I was uncertain about the footwear also, just thought it looked more primal and was trying to not re-use footwear from other characters too much, moreso than I already have. I may tinker with them a bit to not be so exposed for battle scenarios. Have some light armor and other accessories in mind too, this introduction is basically just Taudd's 'laid-back explorer' look for now, haha.

Tjolnir wrote:whats really cool at this point is, above the figure itself, you managed to find your very own, consistent and quality style. hats off to you

Thank you sir, very kind words. I attempt to re-create certain archetypes like this in my own style to see what I can come up with, it's always a fun and rewarding process for sure.

BAMComix wrote:interesting looking guy!

LOL! Thanks, I tried to make this guy as aesthetically striking as I could pull off with my current modding skill level.

skywalkersaga wrote:Amazing new character design! I know little about the various aesthetic ifluences on him, but I do love the fact you named him 'Reynard', as in the medieval tale. :')  

Yes! I am glad you noticed that reference. Laughing I did some research for this character's name, and also tried to give a more unique fantasy-esque spelling for Todd.

Stryker2011 wrote:Cool new character, and interesting history. Looking forward to seeing what the reason for the destruction of his adoptive village is.

Thank you, I was brainstorming a thought-out and intriguing background story before I even started physically putting him together. The truth is, Taudd kept getting his wild ass into those other villages' chicken coops and stealin' them precious eggs, and well... they had quite damn enough of it! Razz (this may be only partially accurate).

Theboo-bomb wrote:Your characters are always quite cool and this guy is no exception, I had not noticed his tail the first time I looked at the pictures, cool work on thee ears too, they look great.

Happy to know the new guy lived up to his predecessors' success. Both the ears and tail turned out better than I thought they would, having been made from scratch, and limited in my materials. A very delicate process for sure, any time using very soft hair with glue and hoping it flows well.

valentin wrote:It's a very cool Beast-kin!
It probably is bad of me to say this, but it reminds me of those isekai anime stuff with multiple types of characters and species, (elves, dwarves, etc, and now Beast-kin!), which I actually find this figure both cute and cool at the same time.

I've wanted to do a full-blown anthropomorphic character for a while now, just hadn't settled on a species until recently. It's fine haha, I am somewhat familiar with this particular 'style' and it's another thought that crossed my mind before putting him together. "Wait...compared to the rest of the cast, will he look too much like one of those cartoonish 'furries' the kids on DeviantArt are always drawing?!" 😅

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, I can't wait to see what you do with him next -- both plot-wise and gear-wise. Smile

Ovy

Ovy
Tjolnir wrote:whats really cool at this point is, above the figure itself, you managed to find your very own, consistent and quality style. hats off to you
Totally agree, the Astraverse totally turned into some kind of a brand by now.

Well I normally really don't like the anthropomorphic fur persons, like you I have to think of modern day dystopic deviantart.  Laughing

But this one I like a lot! I had too think of sweettooth too, also I only watched one trailer yet. Also had to think of the kangaroos from that tank girl movie.

My favourite part is the jacket. It looks like a mix of a autumn camo jacket, the black spires on the back remind me of the silhouettes of trees on orange sky. The could also be shadowmen, demons, ghosts. The colorful background creates a great mood, some rural abandonedness or something.

And the Rautenboi had his grubby hands in it? Very interesting. Hope we will meet him again some day.

Diana

Diana
I never want to miss a thread of yours. What a cool character! Smile

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
(Small)UPDATE TIME!! Made a few alterations, and we also get to see one of Mr. Taudd's 'special abilities' on display. 😁

Taudd had been tracking Trey's 'scent' for almost two years, but only finding breadcrumbs, seemingly always two or three steps behind. He was eventually drawn to some urban city ruins, where the scent was stronger than it had ever been before. Taudd knew he likely wouldn't find Trey himself, but possibly someone who had been in close contact with him recently. He also knew better than to expose his true appearance in unfamiliar territory, so it was time to go incognito and get in touch with his inner spirit animal, a disguising technique Taudd had learned from Trey during his training years ago. Taking on this form also allowed him to get closer to targets and fully sniff them out, to know whether or not they could be trusted.

Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii459
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii460
ASHORA: Aww...hey there, little fella. You're friendly, aren't you?

Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii461
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii462
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii472
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii473
ASHORA: This is nice...it reminds me of old days on my own, living amongst the other animals in the wilderness... ahhh, gosh, you're such a cutie!!

Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii465
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii466
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii467
TAUDD: Well thanks there, frosty, you're not so bad looking yourself.

Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii468
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii469
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii470
ASHORA: What the HELL! Explain yourself! NOW!!
TAUDD: Okay, okay, sheesh...look, I've been searching for an acquaintance of mine by the name of Trey. I tracked him here and caught a strong scent coming from you, so I figure you must have been pretty close to him at some point...
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Lumii471
ASHORA: You know Trey too, huh? Alright...let's talk.
Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 Faceap47

Diana

Diana
HAHA! Don't mess with Ashora! Laughing

Nice, how the photos seemed to get more intimate just through subtle changes of position and framing.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s what he gets for tricking her.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well... she ought to know better handling a fox like that. They bite, you know! Smile Nice upgrades to the characters and excellent backdrop.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
The alterations are subtle but noticeable enough to see an improvement, very cool. Also that effect of the puff of smoke is really good, cool to see our Foxy guy has some neat powers.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Taudd Reynard (Brave Fox) UPDATED 11/4/21 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum