OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26[11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames - Page 2 Empty Re: [11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:17 am

shazzdan

Kinda reminds me of Buliwyf's band of fighters in 13th Warrior.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

27[11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames - Page 2 Empty Re: [11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:23 am

Lynkhart

I meant to say earlier but I just love your worldbuilding, it’s so unlike anything else and has so much scope for future figures and cultures!

http://lastalliancestudios.blogspot.co.uk

28[11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames - Page 2 Empty Re: [11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:56 pm

Ephiane

Fantastic work on the armor and the headsculpt is a piece of art. Another unique character. I love figures You can´t buy.

29[11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames - Page 2 Empty Re: [11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:24 pm

Ovy

Between battles, there is rest, boredem and intellectual challenges.

[11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames - Page 2 09b

[11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames - Page 2 06

[11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames - Page 2 12

[11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames - Page 2 14

[11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames - Page 2 16

[11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames - Page 2 19

[11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames - Page 2 25

[11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames - Page 2 26

[11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames - Page 2 24

[11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames - Page 2 27b

GubernatorFan wrote:Very cool battle line up. They may not match, but I guess they went on a common quest to throw a ring in a volcano and instantly return the undead to the dead. Smile
Haha, thanks. Well there probably won't be a conveniant army-instant kill button like in LotR or Star Wars. Their quest is survival mostly, maybe finding a nice bathhouse,  they are remnants of destroyed armies after a lost major battle.

Stryker2011 wrote:What a cool gathering of fighters. When push comes to shove, despite differences, many people fighting for the same purpose often overlook those differences — happens a lot in real life.
Thanks! Yeah that's a theme of this universe, different people getting their (censored) together to survive.

skywalkersaga wrote:Very exciting to see your lineup of warriors!
Thanks!

shazzdan wrote:Kinda reminds me of Buliwyf's band of fighters in 13th Warrior.
Haha, yeah they had this conanesque vibe. I will try to figure out an Arabic themed fantasy figure too.

Lynkhart wrote:I meant to say earlier but I just love your worldbuilding, it’s so unlike anything else and has so much scope for future figures and cultures!
Thanks so much, this is so good to read the worldbuilding feels unique to you!

Ephiane wrote:Fantastic work on the armor and the headsculpt is a piece of art. Another unique character. I love figures  You can´t buy.
Thanks a lot, your people are a great inspiration!

30[11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames - Page 2 Empty Re: [11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:45 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hmm... so next stop coed showers? Someone has been enjoying Starship Troopers a bit too much, eh? Wink Just kidding. I love the scene, glad we got to see more of it than what was shown on the other site, and it confirms what we already knew -- that it was totally prize-worthy. And the survival of chess (or something like it) is certainly more evocative than, say, Sudoku (which would also be a way of spending time and working on intellectual challenges). For me one of the added attractions of the scene is that it really works both in the post-apocalyptic Ovyverse, and also in a potential historical fantasy setting. Excellent work and thank you for sharing.

31[11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames - Page 2 Empty Re: [11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:26 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
Outstanding work and level of detail, makes me wanna reinstall skyrim right away. Plus that dedication to the scale mail is something else, hats off to you. after my attempt at chain mail years ago, with black and sore fingertips, i wouldn't have the patience 😉 again, great figure

32[11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames - Page 2 Empty Re: [11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:04 am

Diana

Diana
Ooooh, niiiiice. Even in the roughest of times you gotta find time to just... chill. Smile
Beautifully framed!

33[11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames - Page 2 Empty Re: [11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:06 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Awesome that they are playing chess. I have a really great little book about the evolution of chess pieces from its earliest days to the present, with thousands of pictures — which also gives the origins, history, and evolution of the game and it’s rules, names of the pieces, etc.. So I’m glad to see that it has survived into the Ovyverse. Very cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames - Page 2 C8485110

34[11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames - Page 2 Empty Re: [11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:07 am

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Ahh I see about the tattoos now, I have a tendency to read long passages in intervals while on break from work or whatever, and some details get lost by the time I actually get around to commenting, haha.

But I'm loving the artistry behind this whole concept and the character designs, it's sometimes easy to forget just how much of it you customize from scratch to such fine detail, until you share those WIP photos and then it's even more astounding.

The idea of warriors from different cultures coming together to fight, reminds me of that game For Honor. Really fun and diverse concept, great to see it explored more thoroughly in the 1/6 treatment. The side view of them all in their battle poses is awesome, the closeup shots of Joqonukk's face and eyes through her helmet are fittingly intense and cool, and of course the chess game shots are a nice slice of life. That background you used is simple but effective. It's a pleasure to see your intricately designed characters come together and interact.

35[11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames - Page 2 Empty Re: [11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:48 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ovy, I'm glad to see you put the delightful mini- Lewis Chessmen set to such great use!  I love how you have not only the figures actually engaged in the game itself, but the others are hovering around the sidelines watching intently. It gives the whole scene even more realism! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

36[11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames - Page 2 Empty Re: [11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:37 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
The photos of them chilling and playing chess are really fun, its nice to see some down time.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames - Page 2 1f60e

37[11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames - Page 2 Empty Re: [11/29] Joqonukk - Tactical Wargames Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:22 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
More great photos of a truly awesome figure! Thanks for sharing Ovy!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum