OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Alt History] P.R National Army 1920's

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[Alt History] P.R National Army 1920's Empty [Alt History] P.R National Army 1920's Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:25 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

If you all thought the whole alt history thing was done and over then you where wrong, just like myself when I decided to make this. A long time ago, back in 2020 I posted  This my first alt history figure based around an independent Puerto Rico, back then I mentioned how before the uniform I put together they used a white one and well.... here it is! This figure was a bit of an impulse bash, I saw the uniform and I just couldn't help myself in coming up with how they probably looked for all of 10 years, it's a somewhat simple figure since I forgot how to make those pouches. The rest are just items modified for example a whitened uniform, and a modified firefighter's helmet, the shoulder mark's I made myself and so with that let's get onto a bit of alt history.

The Early Days
From 1907 to 1917 the Puerto Rico Defense Force (Fuerzas de Defensa de Puerto Rico) wore either US uniforms that had been donated or civilian clothing with an armband with the letters F.D.P.R. These early days of the national army where filled with low quality recruits, lax training and abuses perpetrated by commanding officers who had achieved their ranks thanks to either their wealth or their connections, while the 1930's reforms are lauded as the first and the ones that would reshape the entire military it  was the ones passed in the 1920's that would help lead to them. In 1917 the Puerto Rico Department of Defense carried out a review of troops, in it they found inadequate training, improper gun handling, unpaid soldiers, broken or tattered  uniforms and a lack of discipline. Seeing this the PRDD sought to reshape the military and thus in 1920 the National Army of Puerto Rico was born, trained by a handful of US veterans that where paid quite handsomely to do so. While these reforms carried out by the PRDD increased the quality of the troops and bettered their pay there was still some politicians meddling in the affairs of the military which is one of the main reasons why a white cotton uniform was adopted, these white uniforms where perhaps one of the worse things that could have happened, the uniforms where made by a wide variety of manufacturers all of which used different quality fabrics which often lead to low quality uniforms, the shade of white used was also another issue. The troops received these uniforms in 1919 and where then quickly put to the test in both training and in military displays on the streets of the capital.

The new uniforms made the armed forces look professional but also elegant and at the same time harkened back to the Spanish rayadillo uniform that was in use in 1898, notably the use of three different colors for three different branches, red for artillery, blue for the navy and green for the army. Other aspects of the uniform where the engraved buttons with the seal of P.R. the green piping on the collar was made non removable unlike the shoulder marks. As for equipment the armed forces adopted the same style of pouches used in 1898, soldiers where also outfited with a long bayonet that would not see prolonged use as most where shortened and only a handful where left as they where, usually for use in parades. However while most of the equipment was normal it was perhaps the short lived "Adriano criollo", a local made version of the French Adrian helmet that stands out on images of the period, the helmets where based on the adrian but the number produced is not well known due to a lack of marking it is estimated that anywhere between one thousand to four thousand helmets where produced from 1920 to 1924, this number will probably never be known due to most of them being scrapped due to their low quality and lack of ventilation.
[Alt History] P.R National Army 1920's DviOvsG
[Alt History] P.R National Army 1920's UKzUJCK
[Alt History] P.R National Army 1920's QevGnO5
[Alt History] P.R National Army 1920's Bq5FBlW
[Alt History] P.R National Army 1920's DCkvXml
[Alt History] P.R National Army 1920's Lv7ZUnp
[Alt History] P.R National Army 1920's 61oBjZs

Well, that's all for now. As for me I return to my lair to continue making stuff which I hope to post soon. I have quite a few stuff done or close to do with a few more things on the way that I hope to finish before 2023.  [Alt History] P.R National Army 1920's 1f606 Well, I hope everyone continues to have fun out there doing what they like and to stay safe too.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Alt History] P.R National Army 1920's 1f60e

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great looking figure!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks good. I never would have guessed that was a fireman’s helmet. Maybe I’m forgetting, but is the sidewalk and cobblestone street new? They look great as well.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[Alt History] P.R National Army 1920's C8485110

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Figure and histroy lesson. Many Years ago the 1:6 forums are only for military figures. Sometimes i miss the amazing uniforms and vehicles the members build. Thanks for showing

5[Alt History] P.R National Army 1920's Empty Re: [Alt History] P.R National Army 1920's Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:46 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
BAMComix wrote:Great looking figure!
Thanks BAM!
Stryker2011 wrote:Looks good. I never would have guessed that was a fireman’s helmet. Maybe I’m forgetting, but is the sidewalk and cobblestone street new? They look great as well.
Thanks Stryker, I modified the helmet so it would be smooth on the outside, thankfully it's made of a soft-ish plastic so cutting and sanding it wasn't too much of a problem. The wall and sidewalk are old, I just haven't used them in a really long while.

Ephiane wrote:Great Figure and histroy lesson. Many Years ago the 1:6 forums are only for military figures. Sometimes i miss the amazing uniforms and vehicles the members build. Thanks for showing
Thanks Ephiane! I too remember those military figures, lots of cool stuff.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Alt History] P.R National Army 1920's 1f60e

6[Alt History] P.R National Army 1920's Empty Re: [Alt History] P.R National Army 1920's Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:38 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love that you have a "lair." Smile And I really like this figure. Your imaginary creations have a realistic, no-nonsense quality to them that I find refreshing and believable, both good things in my book. And, of course, you also manage to provide in-depth background on each character or uniform. I did think that this reminded me of a fireman helmet, but I also think it works very well here. Nicely done.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
GubernatorFan wrote:I love that you have a "lair." Smile And I really like this figure. Your imaginary creations have a realistic, no-nonsense quality to them that I find refreshing and believable, both good things in my book. And, of course, you also manage to provide in-depth background on each character or uniform. I did think that this reminded me of a fireman helmet, but I also think it works very well here. Nicely done.

Thanks Gubernator, I've always had a "lair", it used to be secret. I like that you enjoy the world building, I try my best. The fireman helmet was a much later idea, originally I wanted a pith helmet but the ones I could find on ebay where a bit too expensive for my tastes (cheapest was 40) so I decided to do like Bear Grylls and adapt and improvise on the spot.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, what you settled on worked very nicely.

Ovy

Ovy
Another dutiful guard for the magic door! As always, really love the organic imperfections of their background, lack of money and men in high positions with a lack of interest in modern adaption can be felt. They might have been scammed in getting all those Adrian helmets, but at least they have style.  

So good luck traveling through the magic door into your lair, until next time.

10[Alt History] P.R National Army 1920's Empty Re: [Alt History] P.R National Army 1920's Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:27 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Cool! I think this is your best a and most unique figure so far!

11[Alt History] P.R National Army 1920's Empty Re: [Alt History] P.R National Army 1920's Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:36 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
GubernatorFan wrote:Well, what you settled on worked very nicely.
Was easier than spending 40 on a single helmet, I could get two real (low quality) ones for that.  [Alt History] P.R National Army 1920's 1f600

Ovy wrote:Another dutiful guard for the magic door! As always, really love the organic imperfections of their background, lack of money and men in high positions with a lack of interest in modern adaption can be felt. They might have been scammed in getting all those Adrian helmets, but at least they have style.  

So good luck traveling through the magic door into your lair, until next time.

Thanks Ovy, someone has to protect the door to my lair. I always strive to show imperfection when in this universe, I have no doubts that something similar would have happened in the real world under similar circumstances. I would say they got scammed by both the adrians and the locally made ones.

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Cool!  I think this is your best a and most unique figure so far!
Thanks TPB, glad you found him to be one of my best work so far.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum