OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
WIP thread, this build starts 1/3 of the way down page 5:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t4469-berserker-uruk-hai-started-the-hobbit-dwarves-etc-wip-s-finished-builds-part-2

As mentioned in the title I'm using luminous paint here, it takes nearly a tub full to get a decent result in real life but even then the camera won't/can't capture it (I have a gazillion setting on a 64mpxl camera but can't find a shutter speed setting for exposure I guess that's predigital Laughing ) so I've used UV/Black light instead to make it pop in the pics like it does if fully charged in real life. The figure is made from scratch as usual, a tall body from something random, it's head's a highly modified casting reject of mine from a Red Skull mould I made many years ago; I'd like to thank my neighbours for throwing out such great materials for me to make his costume from! Twisted Evil . The crown is PVA'd fibre card (as I call it), I used a lot of washes mostly greys and blues heavily watered down then scrubbed like mad to get them to blend, the luminous paint is transparent so doesn't affect the daylight look of the figure (maybe glossy where it was matte and stiffens material somewhat) and he is painted with it from crown to boot tip.

I've tried to capture the ethereal spectre of the Witch King as Frodo sees him while wearing the Ring on Mount Weathertop with the UV look and a more earthly look in daylight of how the human king's body and appearance has been corrupted by the ring gifted to him by Sauron (which I made a version of and he's wearing on his right hand).

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. PZMjfRq

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. JEzTovm

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. Wcew2Zp

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. BICggVf

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. QkW1V4j

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. KzT5drT

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. Ff0QiVP

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. 9GZyqrI

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. ITj8TxS

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. 0A9vpr2

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. PpZOTRe

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. 1npWgpl

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. EoOG2kg

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. Fm9qZmW

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. MUVxXXh

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. CK19he8

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. VAnQ1L1

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. IMkL1HE

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. GtPMb0A

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. B8mzwYQ

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. KwJCJNy

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. Za77Tqs

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. VkDckXA

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. ZnFe9M5

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. TPQdiBG

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. MiymvBP

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. Guyc41i

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. Pln8Ixi

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. Xpwv17G

SLEEP WELL... Twisted Evil

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautifully presented, Alex. I confess, I already love the figure for what it is (which may be missing the point, as you have explained), but the result of your black-lighting certainly evokes the desired effect from the film. He looks like he is just about to scoop down on poor Frodo, who had better take quick evasive action.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Beautifully presented, Alex. I confess, I already love the figure for what it is (which may be missing the point, as you have explained), but the result of your black-lighting certainly evokes the desired effect from the film. He looks like he is just about to scoop down on poor Frodo, who had better take quick evasive action.

Cheers GTF! Well he's two figures in one I guess, a spectre by night and a very creepy cadaver king by day! Well Frodo as we know just freezes up and gets stabbed! Wink

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
That is a seriously wicked-looking wraith, and quite intimidating - especially with the UV/blacklight effect. Looks very cool and eerie. Great job capturing him in the dark as well as you did, and your scratch building in general is phenomenal!

shazzdan

shazzdan
Very cool. The black light adds a whole new dimension.

Diana

Diana
These look fantastic!!! My preference is actually for the pictures in normal light against the black background. Maybe if you were to reduce the light some more so that the black background disappears... that would kill it for me. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That turned out so awesome! Wasn't expecting to see this guy again so soon but these effects are just so creative. Well done!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
As with all your builds this is absolutely outstanding!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Whoah! That is really cool. And some really great pics.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
AlKelAstra91 wrote:That is a seriously wicked-looking wraith, and quite intimidating - especially with the UV/blacklight effect. Looks very cool and eerie. Great job capturing him in the dark as well as you did, and your scratch building in general is phenomenal!

Thank you very much AA91! Great to meet you!

shazzdan wrote:Very cool. The black light adds a whole new dimension.

Cheers Shazz!

Diana wrote:These look fantastic!!! My preference is actually for the pictures in normal light against the black background. Maybe if you were to reduce the light some more so that the black background disappears... that would kill it for me. Smile

Thanks Diana! Sadly I'm an impatient creator when it comes to photography, I can appreciate and love great results but the prosses bores me, I want to build! LOL
Just out of curiosity have verbal expressions changed so much since I was young? In my day (F**k that makes me sound old!) 'kill it' meant ruining something but 'killer' meant it was good! LOL.

skywalkersaga wrote:That turned out so awesome! Wasn't expecting to see this guy again so soon but these effects are just so creative. Well done!

Cheers SWS!
This is the paint I used to get these effects, needed 2/3 of a pot, the more layers the better the effect.

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. VTMHMiU

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. DmvYGWp

Finished Pics Of SPECTORAL (WHITE) WITCH KING With Glow In The Dark Paint. 8ud2fVT

Lynkhart wrote:As with all your builds this is absolutely outstanding!

Thank you!

Stryker2011 wrote:Whoah! That is really cool. And some really great pics.

Thanks Stryker!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Perhaps that is the trick with such paints, more layers. Didn't work for me, but it was a different product and I didn't put too many layers on.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Perhaps that is the trick with such paints, more layers. Didn't work for me, but it was a different product and I didn't put too many layers on.

Yeah I mentioned that because I remembered you having trouble getting yours to work properly, these paints also need to be charged properly, i.e. shine a light on them for a while then put them in the dark to glow.

Diana

Diana
shovelchop81 wrote:
Diana wrote:These look fantastic!!! My preference is actually for the pictures in normal light against the black background. Maybe if you were to reduce the light some more so that the black background disappears... that would kill it for me. Smile

Thanks Diana! Sadly I'm an impatient creator when it comes to photography, I can appreciate and love great results but the prosses bores me, I want to build! LOL
Just out of curiosity have verbal expressions  changed so much since I was young? In my day (F**k that makes me sound old!) 'kill it' meant ruining something but 'killer' meant it was good! LOL.
Point 1: Understandable. Smile
Point 2: LOL, English is not my first language, and it is a mix of what I've picked up on American TV, in Britain and Canada, so you may well be right. Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum