OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

custom 1/6 Madison mermaid from the movie Splash (NSFW)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

astroboy84

NSFW

Hello everybody!
This is my first post on this forum.
I would like to share my custom made Madison from Splash.
The headsculpt is by Scott pettersen for his 1/6 Pris from Blade Runner.
I made the wig, necklace and rubber tail.

custom 1/6 Madison mermaid from the movie Splash (NSFW) 25878911
custom 1/6 Madison mermaid from the movie Splash (NSFW) 25817312
custom 1/6 Madison mermaid from the movie Splash (NSFW) 25828112
custom 1/6 Madison mermaid from the movie Splash (NSFW) 25806611
custom 1/6 Madison mermaid from the movie Splash (NSFW) 25887510
custom 1/6 Madison mermaid from the movie Splash (NSFW) 25909910
custom 1/6 Madison mermaid from the movie Splash (NSFW) 25981910custom 1/6 Madison mermaid from the movie Splash (NSFW) 26081210
custom 1/6 Madison mermaid from the movie Splash (NSFW) 26096610custom 1/6 Madison mermaid from the movie Splash (NSFW) 26050412

Diana

Diana
WOOOOW!!! Another great entrance! Welcome to the forum and... what a beautiful creation you've got there! Thank you for sharing! Very Happy

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
This is a one gorgeous mermaid! Very nice! The headsculpt and haircut are also great, I could immediately recognize Daryl Hannah in Splash.

I'm curious how you created the rubber tail with the fins. Could you give us some insight what it is made of, please?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
What a smashing first post! Both your rendition of the movie character (instantly recognizable) and the creation of a mermaid are excellent. Now you need a Tom Hanks to go along with her... Smile
By the way, do be aware of forum policies:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6-forum-policies-and-info-continuously-updated

Ephiane

Ephiane
Welcome to the forum, Astroboy !
Great figure. That´s called a bash to me. Wonderfull Hairdresser Job and her fin is 100 % like in the movie.
You can give a Bra made of little shells to her. Like this one. I know that´s Arielle style, not Daryls.  Laughing  You can order a little bag of shells for decoration in the Bay, i think.

custom 1/6 Madison mermaid from the movie Splash (NSFW) 0021410

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Whoah! That's great. Definitely an impressive entrance to the forum. That tail is stunning -- I'd definitely be interested to know how you did that.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

custom 1/6 Madison mermaid from the movie Splash (NSFW) C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Welcome! cheers Agree with what everyone has said so far -- it looks excellent, and I'd love to know how you made it! : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's some beautiful work, specially on the mermaid tail.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! custom 1/6 Madison mermaid from the movie Splash (NSFW) 1f60e

BAMComix

BAMComix
Amazing work! she is wonderful!

astroboy84

Hello everybody!
I apologize  for the nude content, should have read the rules better!
Thank you for the nice feedback. This was a work of passion, as I am in love with this film and holds a special place in my heart!  

Here is some insight on how I made the tail..
To make the tail, I used a separate body figure.

first  I sculpted a piece with Miliput around her feet to make the wider end part of the tail.
I shrink wrapped her leg's and feet and carefully poured liquid latex over to shrink wrap while rotating  the figure constantly to avoid drip patterns. I repeat this process for about 10 layers until you have a latex sleeve. Once cured and powdered, it comes off and the shrinkwrap is easily removable.

Next up, I cut the back and made it fit tighter around here legs, as the sleeve was a bit sloppy and uneven in some parts. This creates a seam. The seam will be covered with  the back fins later on.

The tail is hand painted with textile latex paint, so it  doesn't crack while bending the rubber tail. I used a sponge to simulate the scales.

The fins are made with a thin flexible plastic material I found that has a raised stripe pattern on it. This plastic is covered with different layers of latex brushed on to create extra stripe patterns. The  fin ridges are plain rubber bands.

Once everything is attached and painted, I sealed with a clear coat to prevent damping and deterioration.

The tail is flexible and removable, but I choose to let it on for display only.  

custom 1/6 Madison mermaid from the movie Splash (NSFW) 20211119
custom 1/6 Madison mermaid from the movie Splash (NSFW) 20211118
custom 1/6 Madison mermaid from the movie Splash (NSFW) 20211120

custom 1/6 Madison mermaid from the movie Splash (NSFW) 20211123
custom 1/6 Madison mermaid from the movie Splash (NSFW) 20211122
custom 1/6 Madison mermaid from the movie Splash (NSFW) 20211121
custom 1/6 Madison mermaid from the movie Splash (NSFW) 20211125
custom 1/6 Madison mermaid from the movie Splash (NSFW) 20211124

teamweapon

amazing job!!!! not my thing but hard not to be impressed!

BAMComix

BAMComix
teamweapon wrote:amazing job!!!! not my thing but hard not to be impressed!

Agreed! Very Happy

brassco

brassco
wow...that tail is gorgeous! My 1st mermaid movie, and it left such a deep impression in me...that's some hardwork and dedicated stuff! Nice photography too!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for shedding light on how you achieved this beautiful result. Not only are you tackling more difficult and messy materials than many of us would dare to, but you used plenty of creativity and ingenuity to realize your vision. Again, the result is excellent. I have just one cause for concern -- rubber bands eventually deteriorate. Is that going to be a problem, or have you covered them with enough layers of latex and paint that this will not be an issue?

astroboy84

GubernatorFan wrote:Thank you for shedding light on how you achieved this beautiful result. Not only are you tackling more difficult and messy materials than many of us would dare to, but you used plenty of creativity and ingenuity to realize your vision. Again, the result is excellent. I have just one cause for concern -- rubber bands eventually deteriorate. Is that going to be a problem, or have you covered them with enough layers of latex and paint that this will not be an issue?

Thank you so much! Good remark!
From what I have learned, rubber bands and latex deteriorate because water escapes and what's left cracks.
I covered the bands with layers of latex, latex paint and plenty of coats of clear sealer. I really hopes this will stand the test of time. I guess only time will tell :-) 

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks, I'm glad you took this into account. I hope the measures you took work, and your beautiful creation remains safe for eternity.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Great information on the build process of the fish tail!
It is always a pleasure to see new techniques. I think a lot of people would love to have a Mermaid in their collection, and this opens up new ways to accomplish it. Thank you very much for sharing!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Brilliant. And very impressive description of how you achieved this.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

custom 1/6 Madison mermaid from the movie Splash (NSFW) C8485110

Illusion

Illusion
she looks fantastic!!!
very impressive work Cool
I will have to review how you did it in a more relaxed moment.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Wow! What a heck of a first post thread! Congrats!
She is beautiful. The likeness of Daryl Hannah and that hairstyle are spot on. Is that a custom head sculpt? I agree with the others that the craftsmanship of your custom mermaid tail is very good! Lots of texture in the fin. Again, great job!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum