OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mermaid

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Mermaid Empty Mermaid Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:24 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Hi Friends. I see some votings for a Mermaid in the  " Most wanted Fantasy creature Thread "  Laughing

Ok... what color of hair do you like ? Black and Blonde are in spare.

Mermaid 00711
Mermaid 00910

2Mermaid Empty Re: Mermaid Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:26 pm

blackpool

blackpool
I think I'd go blonde for the first one, but variety is always welcome Smile

3Mermaid Empty Re: Mermaid Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:29 pm

Diana

Diana
Ooh! Exciting!
Both work. The blonde gives her a more delicate dreamy look.
The black hair makes her look more warrior-like.

4Mermaid Empty Re: Mermaid Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:12 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Sweet! Ephiane, you take requests? That was so nice of you to do. Just keep in mind that Mark (Stryker) is likely to hunt you and your mermaid down. Smile It looks lovely already, and both hair options would work. But unless you end up changing the color of the fish part of the body, I think the blonde hair would work better. And please remember to use clam-shells for the bra. Wink That is where Ovy might hunt you down. Or offer you help! Smile

5Mermaid Empty Re: Mermaid Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:18 pm

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Laughing that would be something else for my aquarium. I want both

6Mermaid Empty Re: Mermaid Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:42 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'm leaning towards the blond as well. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

7Mermaid Empty Re: Mermaid Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:55 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
This looks great. The blond goes better with the color of the fishpart.

8Mermaid Empty Re: Mermaid Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:11 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Ok, Blonde ? The Fish Part is just in the color of the deer leather i made it of. we can do it in Green, Blue or red. And i made the first mistake. The fin of a Mermaid is not chubby in the way i did it. Not like dolphins ect. I have to open it and remove the stuff i filled in. Mermaid fins are flat.... Rolling Eyes

Mermaid Delfin10
Mermaid 54897810

9Mermaid Empty Re: Mermaid Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:17 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL I suppose the color of the hair doesn't have to match the color of the "fish part," it would balance nicely if it does. That is why I qualified my answer with unless you plan on changing the color. Do you really have to redo the tail? Maybe your mermaid is just "pleasantly plump"? Smile One thing that might be worth looking into is whether there is anyway you could "print" a tiny fish-scale pattern onto the leather. But I'm sure whatever you end up with will be glorious, like all your customs. Then there is always the mermaid cosplay look. Smile

10Mermaid Empty Re: Mermaid Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:29 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Ephiane wrote:Ok, Blonde ? The Fish Part is just in the color of the deer leather i made it of. we can do it in Green, Blue or red. And i made the first mistake. The fin of a Mermaid is not chubby in the way i did it. Not like dolphins ect. I have to open it and remove the stuff i filled in. Mermaid fins are flat....  Rolling Eyes

Since mermaids aren't actually real (as far as I know), your take about what they're like is as good as anyone's. I didn't even notice the chubbyness, looked convincing to me.

[offtopic]Reminds of the movie "Underworld", in which vampires have reflections. I read a comment from someone who thought the movie wasn't realistic because vampires don't have reflections. Yeah, that's the least realistic bit in a vampire movie Rolling Eyes [/offtopic]

11Mermaid Empty Re: Mermaid Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:38 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
TravelGuide wrote:Since mermaids aren't actually real (as far as I know), your take about what they're like is as good as anyone's. I didn't even notice the chubbyness, looked convincing to me.

[offtopic]Reminds of the movie "Underworld", in which vampires have reflections. I read a comment from someone who thought the movie wasn't realistic because vampires don't have reflections. Yeah, that's the least realistic bit in a vampire movie Rolling Eyes [/offtopic]

I second that last part (why can't I find the "this" with a pointing sign emoji? Eh, I'm too old for emojis anyway...).

On the other hand, real mermaids (or I should say the real prototype for mermaids) do exist, except that they look like this:
Mermaid E41a1381aa3278cba0b2488c7ec8f907

But I don't think that would work for Mark. Smile

Tangent Number 1: When will we get a good Jim Caviezel head sculpt (to go with the dead sea cow from the beach in Nature's Grave/The Long Weekend)?

Mermaid 3acbb1cd74618e261900c5ea5c59f5ce01bba7df_b

Tangent Number 2: Coming back to conventional mermaids, when will we get a good Daryl Hannah head sculpt (to go with the mermaid from Splash)?

Mermaid Disney--edited--splash--by-cov-200414120415-splash-1984-daryl-hannah-restricted-super-tease

12Mermaid Empty Re: Mermaid Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:17 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oh. My. God! Thank you so much for doing this, Ephi. Love it. I like what you did with the hair to make a shell-like appearance. I’m with a lot of others, in that the blonde looks the best, but then, either one works for me. So glad to see you tackle this — the best of all mythical creatures. I’ve been trying to figure out how to make one (or several) for quite some time. Beautiful work. My current avatar approves.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mermaid C8485110

13Mermaid Empty Re: Mermaid Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:35 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very cool!

14Mermaid Empty Re: Mermaid Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:01 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Step 2 :

I normaly do no making off´s . But it´s a really nice brainstorming here.

Args... Daryl Hannah. She´s a fantastic reference. Thanks Gube. I was to fast and now she´s Green- Blue. I like to change it in the Hannah Mermaid color.

Stryker Laughing This is just the Mohair i use for the figures. I placed it next to the Head so the Friends here can choose the color of her hair.

My Bits box / spare parts are like the storage room they show in the last scene of the first Indiana Jones movie  Laughing I found some real shells in a bra size she had.

Mermaid 00114
Mermaid 00213

15Mermaid Empty Re: Mermaid Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:06 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She is looking great so far!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

16Mermaid Empty Re: Mermaid Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:09 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Mermaid Goodna10

Ephis 1:6 Spare Parts.... one of my workers place unfinsihed Projekt 124 to the others

17Mermaid Empty Re: Mermaid Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:22 am

Diana

Diana
She is looking great already!! And you really can't go wrong with turquoise. Smile

As for the tail part... In my view mermaids are half human half fish, and the type of fish (or sea mammal) sets the look for the fin.

So anything goes! Very Happy

18Mermaid Empty Re: Mermaid Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:38 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Ephiane wrote:Mermaid Goodna10

Ephis 1:6 Spare Parts.... one of my workers place unfinsihed Projekt 124 to the others

Laughing Very nice, can relate!

You project is looking very good so far! Thanks for sharing and the shells have perfect size imo!

19Mermaid Empty Re: Mermaid Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:22 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
This looks cool! cheers

I agree with Diana, this color looks pefect for a mermaid.

20Mermaid Empty Re: Mermaid Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:27 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Args... Daryl Hannah. She´s a fantastic reference. Thanks Gube. I was to fast and now she´s Green- Blue. I like to change it in the Hannah Mermaid color.

Welcome. Smile And no need to second-guess the color. Like Diana said, you can't go wrong with turquoise, and it is a color that would be nice with the blonde hair even if different. Maybe give her a turquoise necklace or something to tie-in the colors. I'm not saying paint the shells (YES!) turquoise, because there may be an advantage to leaving them in their natural color. I notice that the surface of the leather has a natural pattern that is not so far away from scales, which is a bonus.

Diana wrote:And you really can't go wrong with turquoise. Smile As for the tail part... In my view mermaids are half human half fish, and the type of fish (or sea mammal) sets the look for the fin. So anything goes! Very Happy

Well they better be sea mammal, because otherwise we would not need shells. Smile

21Mermaid Empty Re: Mermaid Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:37 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
THIS. IS. AWESOME. Freakin floored. I wonder if the leather would take a light wash of a slightly darker blue to really make the texture pop, and further push the scale like quality (please don't test this directly on the finished tail as it looks incredible as is). I am loving how this is coming together.

22Mermaid Empty Re: Mermaid Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:39 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent point, Rev, Ephiane should totally experiment on something other than her already pretty perfect tail -- we don't want it to get ruined.

Ephiane, I hope you have picked up a good Tom Hanks sculpt now that you're doing a Daryl Hannah-based mermaid. Wink

23Mermaid Empty Re: Mermaid Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:16 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Oh wow, you are bringing this wishlist mythological fantasy to life beautifully. I can just imagine how awesome the underwater photos are going to be (whether you use a background with a water filter overlay or feel brave enough to dunk her in an actual aquarium, with real fish, haha!!). If you are set on sticking to the blonde hair color, that is fine too, but I know anytime I think of mermaids I think of 'colorful.' And from my experience the lighter colored hair is best at absorbing the full vibrance of any color pigment added. But maybe this can be done on an alternate headsculpt or something like that!

24Mermaid Empty Re: Mermaid Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:56 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thanks Guys. I have fun with the bash. It´s  so great here to get inspirations from all. At last the mermaid is made by us all.

Here we go....  It´s not the final Mermaid, but we get closer  Wink

Mermaid 00612

Mermaid 01110

Mermaid 00510

Mermaid 00813

Mermaid 00911

25Mermaid Empty Re: Mermaid Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:24 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow, you work fast. And you did channel Daryl Hannah after all! It works very nicely. Beautiful figure. I'm always impressed (not that I should be surprised). You also figured out a viable construction for the shell bra! Smile And I love the special touch with the smiles. And the conch-playing.

A practical word of advice on the photos, if I may. They certainly do a great job showing off the beautiful figure, and I realize these were snapped in a hurry, while still spiced up with the charming smiles. To easily avoid (or at least reduce) the appearance of pixellation from the screen in the background, try moving your figure forward away from the screen and focusing on it. Usually that would do the trick without requiring any further effort on your part -- it should blur the background enough to not show the pixellation. I try to do that with mine, but am usually limited by the height of the screen when they are standing or its width when there are multiple ones. Luckily height is not going to be an issue with a mermaid. Although the cool real sand surface might be, if it is not deep enough. I love that you used real sand, but I don't envy you having to clean it off from the figure afterwards! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum