OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

USCM Armor Upgrades

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1USCM Armor Upgrades Empty USCM Armor Upgrades Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:31 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Years ago, probably close to 10 years, now, I got a couple sets of 1:6 scale Colonial Marine armor from Dorgmal Snow, who was casting them at the time.

I assembled the kits best I could at the time.
USCM Armor Upgrades 6740132169_86ddf15472_b
USCM Armor Upgrades 6859859831_0a3a531968_b
I also grabbed one of the recast sets of the EVA kits which were done up in a blue chocolate chip camouflage pattern.
I painted them all OD and rigged up some belt sets and called it good enough for now, then I kind of stuffed them away.
USCM Armor Upgrades 6471354089_328c009747_b

I'd been slowly adding to my Marine squad over time, I have 8 or 9, now.

I felt it was time to revisit the old sets and see what I could do.

I stripped everything, my Dorgmal sets were rigged with electrical tape, hot glue and elastics.

I redid all the webbing and repainted everything...and voila.

USCM Armor Upgrades 51732046254_03349031e4_c
USCM Armor Upgrades 51732046259_bd289f9441_o

USCM Armor Upgrades 51732283560_929187bd02_c

One of the Dorgmal sets, I rigged magnets in (I'm using those almost as much as hockey tape these days) to allow for the use of a backpack...which I realize now I don't have proper photos of, but here's an old one that gives you the gist.
USCM Armor Upgrades 30120203460_0e88849207_b

And I just had to repaint some pulse rifles, too.
USCM Armor Upgrades 51731392431_55c56b54ea_b

2USCM Armor Upgrades Empty Re: USCM Armor Upgrades Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:45 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent work on the upgrade. Is that a new head or one of the old ones repainted? Magnets are magical, and can come in very handy, either as an additional support, or to attach things impermanently.

3USCM Armor Upgrades Empty Re: USCM Armor Upgrades Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:49 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thanks man!

That's a new head, I thought he'd look pretty good in a Marine helmet..but he's just a little to big for a perfect fit.

4USCM Armor Upgrades Empty Re: USCM Armor Upgrades Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:27 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, he looks good sans helmet anyway.

5USCM Armor Upgrades Empty Re: USCM Armor Upgrades Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:51 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Yaay, I love what you did. Although that blue chocolate chip (blueberry chocolate chip?) looked kinda cool, but your repaint is most striking and intense.
Is that your Private Joker on Pic three? Combinig your Full Metal People with Colonial Marines? Colonial Mother and Colonial Boy?

That last pic of the suit with the headphones looks like he is an invisible man wearing the suit, haha

6USCM Armor Upgrades Empty Re: USCM Armor Upgrades Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:16 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
The repaints look very nice.

Too bad that HotToys largely neglects the Alien franchise now. I would love to have some well-designed hard-plastic 1/6 Aliens in my collection. As I feared that the rubber Alien figures that HT released ages ago would degrade in a few years, I never picked them up when I had the chance.  USCM Armor Upgrades 1f62a

7USCM Armor Upgrades Empty Re: USCM Armor Upgrades Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:13 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thanks guys!

oOo a Colonial Marine version of Full Metal Jacket would definitely be pretty fun.

It's definitely a shame the 1:6 Marines and the rest of the Aliens universe is so neglected, there's such room for expansion. It'd be nice to see those old Knock Off sets, Alien Killer, make a comeback. It'd be kinda neat if Neca made some 1:6 Aliens, or some armor sets.

8USCM Armor Upgrades Empty Re: USCM Armor Upgrades Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:04 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wry nice repaints. So cool that you got the Dorgmal Snow items. Awesome stuff.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

USCM Armor Upgrades C8485110

9USCM Armor Upgrades Empty Re: USCM Armor Upgrades Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:24 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thanks Mark! Yeah they're great sets, I wish he had done the helmets too, though,

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum