OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: BBK: 1/6 Hellgirl Imitators Collectible Figure [BBK-016]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Diana

I'm really liking this. My first thought was also that she'd look great next to Purgatori, but I like the idea of a Star Wars character even more. I do like the pout very much, though I prefer the one without horns, which seems more subtle and more suitable for a Jedi. The body looks beautiful, despite the joints. I like the entire outfit and that tail looks posable, so all the better! Hard to say no... Still trying... ("Do or don't . There is no try." Laughing)

skywalkersaga

LOL, Diana, well said. That poseable tail is so cool, and giving me ideas for poseable lekku....

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I wouldn’t change much on her myself. I’d lose the Hellboy arm, lose the jacket and add — something — since we don’t have all the different possible species; maybe there’s a SW alien that looks like a demon, who knows…

Ovy

Stryker2011 wrote:I wouldn’t change much on her myself. I’d lose the Hellboy arm, lose the jacket and add — something — since we don’t have all the different possible species; maybe there’s a SW alien that looks like a demon, who knows…

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: BBK: 1/6 Hellgirl Imitators Collectible Figure [BBK-016] - Page 2 Labria

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
LOL, Ovy, yes. See also: Zabraks (aka Maul and co.)

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
When Stryker said Demon, my thoughts went exactly where Ovy's and Sky's did... Smile I broke down and pre-ordered this one.

doodlehobby

Randam Hajile wrote:I also think that the horned head would be great for a female demon or succubus character. The kit can be preordered for 154$ at OSK, which is a reasonable price considering that you get two headsculpts and a modified body (tail, stone hand).
There's a reason for that, this company cut corners and costs. I got their Scarlett and it's a total POS! Poor quality materials used as well as poor worksmanship. Ripped stitching right out of the box. Glue found on the material (one was easy to remove, the other ruined the material). The bodysuit had some wear and marring on it already. They glued one foot peg into the boot, but not the other... WTF?! A LOT of QC issues!

GubernatorFan wrote:When Stryker said Demon, my thoughts went exactly where Ovy's and Sky's did... Smile I broke down and pre-ordered this one.
I would recommend waiting for some reviews on the figure (that is if one can be found). My first experience with BBK has been very bad. And when I spoke to GianToy about the QC issues I experienced, well this doesn't inspire confidence in this company:
"It seems that the feedback from the customers all the products from this brand (my personal note: we're talking about BBK) are all quite negative, we will consider stopping offering your products in the future."

On another note, this is not a seamless body. It's going to be a hybrid jointed plastic/rubber body (either molded and/or dyed/painted in red). I haven't bothered looking more closely at their body yet. But after handling their other accessories... I dread touching it.

Sorry, but I got burned badly with their Scarlett figure and not one bit happy about it. I haven't had a chance to put my thoughts/review of Scarlett yet as I'm still festering with total frustration on this.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the warning, doodlehobby!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yikes! That doesn't sound promising. Sorry to hear that the Scarlett figure was such a disaster -- I hope people gave them flak for such shoddy QC.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: BBK: 1/6 Hellgirl Imitators Collectible Figure [BBK-016] - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the warning.

doodlehobby

skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks for the warning, doodlehobby!

Stryker2011 wrote:Yikes! That doesn't sound promising. Sorry to hear that the Scarlett figure was such a disaster -- I hope people gave them flak for such shoddy QC.

GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks for the warning.
In all honesty, at first I thought I got the worst luck and got a lemon of a product. But after communicating with GianToy about the issues, it looks like the company is shoddy at best. So it sent out a "buyer beware" alarm for me. Never going to touch or come close to their products again. And I don't want to see some of you get burned by it either.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
doodlehobby wrote:In all honesty, at first I thought I got the worst luck and got a lemon of a product. But after communicating with GianToy about the issues, it looks like the company is shoddy at best. So it sent out a "buyer beware" alarm for me. Never going to touch or come close to their products again. And I don't want to see some of you get burned by it either.

I appreciate this, but I feel bad cancelling with GianToy. I'm hoping the head comes off good, can always color a TBLeague body for her. But yes, even then it would be a very pricey head.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah. Sadly, I’ll take the hit. I don’t cancel POs out of good faith, as it really hurts the retailers as they are then stuck with stock that the manufacturer won’t buy back.

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: BBK: 1/6 Hellgirl Imitators Collectible Figure [BBK-016] - Page 2 C8485110

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Stryker2011 wrote:Yeah. Sadly, I’ll take the hit. I don’t cancel POs out of good faith, as it really hurts the retailers as they are then stuck with stock that the manufacturer won’t buy back.

I feel the same way.

Diana

Diana
I quite like my Halloween Killer. The head is beautiful and I don't remember any troubles with posing the body (no comparison with TBL of course). The suit was of course loose and probably far less complicated to make. The pumpkin had no shading at all, but the figure itself was nice. So I'm hopeful for you guys. I am still tempted by this set and turning it into a Star Wars character...

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Thanks for the warning, Doodlehobby! I have the kit on preorder with OSK and will likely keep it, as I anyway intend to break it down for parts. I hope that they do not mess up the heads, though. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

doodlehobby

I'm hoping this will turn out okay for all of you. Looks like their Harley turned out ok from some reviews I saw (not great, but just borderline ok). The pants will probably be a concern as it's most likely going to be pleather. Who knows if time will treat them well. The other issue with BBK is their design decisions are questionable. What I mean is with the Scarlett figure, why the heck did they make gloves that you have to thread tiny fingers through. And worse off makes it look like sausage fingers after you've successfully threaded them into their tiny finger slots. Better to have made an arm sleeve with molded gloved hands. The hair band was another design decision I'm scratching my head on. You have to put it on yourself. Unless you messed with 1/6 figures and customize, kit-bash... there's no way a novice is going to figure out how to get it on that bushy ponytail of hers (it's just a sewed band; no stretch to it, very little head room for error to slip it on).

Maybe by the time this figure rolls out, they'll make better decisions. I looked at some past figures they released and they seem questionable at times. Not the best quality and making questionable design decisions. If you guys say this figure is good, I might be tempted to hunt it down. But then again, maybe not as I prefer seamless bodies. I don't think a simple swap to a Purgatory body will work as they used a small body for their Scarlett. The bodysuit fit a S24/25B (and even with that, it was pushing the material to its utmost limits. The stitching looks like it might give now). So putting it on a taller figure might be asking for it.

I really do hope they do a better job with this one as it doesn't seem to have a lot going on like Scarlett. And maybe Scarlett was a fluke of poor QC on their part. Though judging from GianToy's response, that might not be the case... Sad

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I was curious about this figure because of the poseable tail, which I wanted to check out for inspo for poseable lekku. But otherwise I am not invested in it. I do hope it turns out ok though for the sake of those who have PO'd it.

csyeung

csyeung
I hope it turns out ok for you guys too. I have the halloween killer as well and the clothing body and boots were ok. The knife was decent. The pumpkin like Diana said wasn't painted. Of course, the price was fairly cheap so no real big complaints on that figure for me.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Paid my invoice for this. Hopefully have it in hand in the next couple of weeks.

johntamph

Stryker2011 wrote:Paid my invoice for this. Hopefully have it in hand in the next couple of weeks.

Is it out soon? Thanks

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Giantoy has theirs in stock.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Great news! It seems OSK is a bit slower than Giantoys this time. Has anybody already found first in-hand pictures?

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
My figure came in today. Here are two quick snapshots with suboptimal lighting. It's hard to find the right conditions without too strong contrast between the dark skin and the bright eyes. Overall a nice figure, though build quality is not overwhelming.

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: BBK: 1/6 Hellgirl Imitators Collectible Figure [BBK-016] - Page 2 52184159457_2117728e0c_kBBK Hellgirl Imitator by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: BBK: 1/6 Hellgirl Imitators Collectible Figure [BBK-016] - Page 2 52185433424_e9c323a691_kBBK Hellgirl Imitator by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for sharing. She looks great, and I'm looking forward to mine.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She looks great. Still waiting on mine.

csyeung

csyeung
Thanks for sharing, she looks great!

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks for showing. I might order the body.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
She’d make a great tiefling! (On that note, does anyone know of any blue bodies that are easily available? I’ve been wanting to make my D&D character for ages but she’s blue/grey and I can’t source anything similar! 😭)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum