OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Female Gargantuan Feet Syndrome strikes again!!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Okay So, after having a few pairs of female footwear arrive way too small to fit S29 (including my latest acquisition of lace-up over the knee leather boots), and after searching and finding a few good topics on the subject, including this one, I wasn’t able to find any solid information on exactly which TBLeague female bodies use which style of feet, except S29 & S39. And according to the link posted above, there may also be varying sizes of ankle pegs used in the TBL female figures.

Was it ever figured out if the ankle pegs are different when the larger feet were used, or otherwise? It appears that after a certain date, TBL introduced the larger female feet. Was this a change for all female feet from that point forward, or only used for the larger (or buxom/plump as they call it, which it’s FAR from imo! Laughing) bodies?

I’ve been searching for smaller replacement feet, and while I’ve found out there aren’t many places to find female feet, let alone arched feet, it’s hard for me to know if what’s being offered are for smaller or larger feet based on the figures model number they come from.

I also found out that Jiaou has a smaller-framed smooth style female feet specifically made in mind for heels, and I was wondering if these feet have the same size angle peg to fit on TBLs, more specifically S29’s larger(?) socket?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I think you can swap out the feet of the 'regular' sized tbleague bodies (think s12d, s17b, s23b, etc) with the s29b. I'm not sure about the s39, though I presume it is also interchangeable (well, I hope it is, because I'm planning on swapping the feet on it eventually, lol).

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ovy

Ovy
I swapped a bit for two figures, put s28 and s39 feet on a painkiller jane and on a s23. I think I had to use a bit of filler for the s23, but lost overview, might give it another look.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
S28-29 and S38-39 feet are bigger, and have bigger holes for bigger ankle/foot pegs. S24-27 feet are smaller, and have smaller holes for smaller ankle/foot pegs. Earlier bodies had feet, holes, and pegs of a single standard size that is somewhere in-between. I'm not sure about the newer anime, etc., bodies, but I imagine they are either like the intermediate sized ones or like the smaller ones.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, I could have sworn the s29 had a regular size peg, but my memory is terrible. Female Gargantuan Feet Syndrome strikes again!! 1f62d Apologies if I was unintentionally misleading...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm not sure, at this point, myself.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
skywalkersaga wrote:Oh, I could have sworn the s29 had a regular size peg, but my memory is terrible.  Female Gargantuan Feet Syndrome strikes again!! 1f62d  Apologies if I was unintentionally misleading...

I sure do hope that’s the case as I have S29 as well. I found a set of arched feet for s45, but not sure if it’ll be compatible. Oh, and feet are a lot harder to find that I thought they would be. Laughing

GubernatorFan wrote:I'm not sure, at this point, myself.

It would be perfect if someone who has an S29 and S45 could compare them from each other for me, or other models for that matter. That would help all others who have those 29/39 bodies have a better idea of where to go when looking for footwear…

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
collectorofmany wrote:It would be perfect if someone who has an S29 and S45 could compare them from each other for me, or other models for that matter. That would help all others who have those 29/39 bodies have a better idea of where to go when looking for footwear…

I can confirm that S44-45 uses the exact same smaller foot as S24-25 and S26-27. S28-29 uses the exact same larger foot as S38-39. The foot pegs are different for the smaller and larger feet. The older taller bodies (for example S19B) use a foot of the same size as the smaller feet, but the foot peg size is the same as the one for the larger feet.

Female Gargantuan Feet Syndrome strikes again!! Tblff010

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thank you so much for making the visual comparison, GF.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You're very welcome, Sky. I think now we can put this issue to rest, and I have incorporated it into the TBLeague seamless body catalog thread. Of course, I have no knowledge about bodies I do not own, but most of those are either pale versions of their suntan counterparts or floppy seamless ankled feet that do not work this way.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:
collectorofmany wrote:It would be perfect if someone who has an S29 and S45 could compare them from each other for me, or other models for that matter. That would help all others who have those 29/39 bodies have a better idea of where to go when looking for footwear…

I can confirm that S44-45 uses the exact same smaller foot as S24-25 and S26-27. S28-29 uses the exact same larger foot as S38-39. The foot pegs are different for the smaller and larger feet. The older taller bodies (for example S19B) use a foot of the same size as the smaller feet, but the foot peg size is the same as the one for the larger feet.

Female Gargantuan Feet Syndrome strikes again!! Tblff010

This information and photo are an immense help to my (and I’m sure many others) cause! Perfect!!

GubernatorFan wrote:You're very welcome, Sky. I think now we can put this issue to rest, and I have incorporated it into the TBLeague seamless body catalog thread. Of course, I have no knowledge about bodies I do not own, but most of those are either pale versions of their suntan counterparts or floppy seamless ankled feet that do not work this way.

Thank you for adding this information to the seamless body thread. It really is the be all, end all guide to these TBL figures! Again, many thanks!!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm glad it is helpful.

csyeung

csyeung
That's an amazing graphic Ian, thanks for sharing that! One thing I do find is that it's a pain in the ass to remove the feet from the 24/25s. The new peg hole seem to grab pretty tight. Although with a smaller peg itself, it's easily remedied for regular sized shoes by wrapping cling wrap around the peg until it fits. Probably something people already know, but I had just happened to try it on my gunslinger kitbash because the ankle peg was smaller than the ankle adapter on the body by a smidge so I just tried that. (less messy than nail/floor polish).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
csyeung wrote:That's an amazing graphic Ian, thanks for sharing that! One thing I do find is that it's a pain in the ass to remove the feet from the 24/25s. The new peg hole seem to grab pretty tight.

I've had this same issue! I thought it was just tbleague figures in general that had this problem (since I mostly own the smaller bodies and haven't used the other models that much). I have to really heat them up in hot water, sometimes even use pliers....

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:That's an amazing graphic Ian, thanks for sharing that! One thing I do find is that it's a pain in the ass to remove the feet from the 24/25s. The new peg hole seem to grab pretty tight. Although with a smaller peg itself, it's easily remedied for regular sized shoes by wrapping cling wrap around the peg until it fits. Probably something people already know, but I had just happened to try it on my gunslinger kitbash because the ankle peg was smaller than the ankle adapter on the body by a smidge so I just tried that. (less messy than nail/floor polish).

Thank you very much, Craig, glad you liked it. I agree, sometimes TBLeague feet on female bodies, perhaps especially the petite bodies, are difficult to detach from the body. As I was about to take the photo, and kept removing feet for comparison, one yanked out the little plastic socket from the foot (I forced it back into place, and switched to another foot for the photo). As for not fitting securely enough in some cases, I agree, adding some material helps. I have taken to using electrical tape on the foot pegs, if needed.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ahh, the giant feet problem rears it’s ugly head. I bought the parts and body from a Spartan Commander (I believe) to dye for my black female figure. As is usual with these broken down bodies, no hands or feet included. I noticed right away that the sandals were huge, and ended up having to use feet from a male figure to get the damn things to work. Of course, the ankle hole was too small for the TBL ankle peg, so I had to bore them out a little, but they work fine.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Female Gargantuan Feet Syndrome strikes again!! C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Ahh, the giant feet problem rears it’s ugly head. I bought the parts and body from a Spartan Commander (I believe) to dye for my black female figure. As is usual with these broken down bodies, no hands or feet included. I noticed right away that the sandals were huge, and ended up having to use feet from a male figure to get the damn things to work. Of course, the ankle hole was too small for the TBL ankle peg, so I had to bore them out a little, but they work fine.

Well, now you know what options you have when it comes to feet. Good luck, however, with sellers' listings providing enough pertinent information clearly or accurately.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Stryker2011 wrote:Ahh, the giant feet problem rears it’s ugly head. I bought the parts and body from a Spartan Commander (I believe) to dye for my black female figure. As is usual with these broken down bodies, no hands or feet included. I noticed right away that the sandals were huge, and ended up having to use feet from a male figure to get the damn things to work. Of course, the ankle hole was too small for the TBL ankle peg, so I had to bore them out a little, but they work fine.

Indeed it did show its ugly head for me, and more than once. I was only able to find those s45 arched feet online (which wouldn’t have worked as-is) and at around $20 shipped for one pair! I opted to just triple that price and buy a whole figure which included not only the arched feet I needed, but flat feet, a few sets of hands AND a body… At this point, I’d rather not permanently modify accessories, although if I had ample stock (like you guys) it probably wouldn’t be that big of an issue doing that.

Diana

Diana
All this talk about feet has me aching for a new realistic TBL body release to add to this discussion. Smile

Goddesswave

Thank you GubernatorFan for the helpful TBLeague foot size and peg info. Has anyone encountered a TBLeague flat bare female foot that is large (3.9 cm L), but with a small peg hole? I believe the Bastet foot is large with a small peg hole, but of course, that is an anthropomorphized cat foot.

Diana

Diana
Goddesswave wrote:Thank you GubernatorFan for the helpful TBLeague foot size and peg info. Has anyone encountered a TBLeague flat bare female foot that is large (3.9 cm L), but with a small peg hole? I believe the Bastet foot is large with a small peg hole, but of course, that is an anthropomorphized cat foot.

Welcome to the boards! Very Happy

I wouldn't expect to find a variant like that, because the bigger feet are no doubt that size to add stability. They came with the curvy models first. 
Combining large feet with smaller pegs makes little sense to me in terms of stability.

But maybe there are off-brand options (which I know nothing about)?

Goddesswave

Diana wrote:
Goddesswave wrote:Thank you GubernatorFan for the helpful TBLeague foot size and peg info. Has anyone encountered a TBLeague flat bare female foot that is large (3.9 cm L), but with a small peg hole? I believe the Bastet foot is large with a small peg hole, but of course, that is an anthropomorphized cat foot.

Welcome to the boards! Very Happy

I wouldn't expect to find a variant like that, because the bigger feet are no doubt that size to add stability. They came with the curvy models first. 
Combining large feet with smaller pegs makes little sense to me in terms of stability.

But maybe there are off-brand options (which I know nothing about)?

Thanks for your reply. I did find it odd that TBLeague chose to use small foot pegs on the Bastet figure, especially for its large cat feet. It does limit kitbashing with it. The Bastet and Month bodies are virtually the same, yet the latter has large foot pegs instead for its large bird feet.
As far as solutions, I've read that some people wrap small foot pegs with plastic or some other material to make them bigger to allow installation of large peg hole feet, which I don't feel is an elegant or stable solution. Another person 3D printed a large peg ball adapter that snaps onto a small foot peg, however, I would be concerned that this adapter would get stuck inside the large foot peg hole upon removal.
Of course, one could naturally use small peg hole feet with small foot pegs, but the small feet just look out of proportion to me on a tall and/or curvy female body like Bastet, though I understand that some shoes fit better over smaller feet for those who seek such.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You are welcome. Admittedly, it was some time ago that I did this comparison, but this is a strange situation with these feet. Apparently, TBLeague is throwing us yet another curveball.
A peg ball adapter, unless it is just the ball, would add height to your figure, which you might not want -- so many TBLeague female bodies are excessively tall. And, yes, it might get stuck.
The usual method for tightening the fit around the peg would be, for example, wrapping it with electrical tape, however many layers are necessary. Note, however, that you do not want the sticky side or the glue to come into contact with the body's TPE flesh, as it would result in damage. I have also had some success with little sliced off sections of narrow silicone tubing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum