OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Randam's random pics

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 27]

1Randam's random pics Empty Randam's random pics Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:00 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Hi Folks,

following Gubernatorfan's advice that I should better collect my photos in a separate thread instead of posting them here and there across the board, I'm now going to drop my newest snapshots here. As indicated by the title, the photos won't be thematically sorted...

I hope you find something interesting in my photo heap. Thanks for watching!

Starting with my newest aquisition, the Witch Hunter from PopToys. I've exchanged body and head...

Randam's random pics 51822028461_1dff743979_kCJ3A3870 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Randam's random pics 51822372299_3e28525b3f_kCJ3A3883 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Randam's random pics 51822131603_b66d422568_kCJ3A3861pp by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

2Randam's random pics Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:36 am

davidd

davidd
Superb figure! Outstanding lighting! Incredible detail in the base and background!

Impressive start to your "random snapshot" album!

3Randam's random pics Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:12 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very nice. I was wondering how that outfit would look on a figure with a bit more realism. Beautifully photographed.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

4Randam's random pics Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:42 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool set of photos. Nice use of that expressive head sculpt. The background, base, everything, works really great together.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Randam's random pics C8485110

5Randam's random pics Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:04 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice thread title, too, at least for me, who delights in puns and almost-puns. Smile Beautiful photography and scene, and love the head and body swap (almost surprised at how much of a difference it makes).

6Randam's random pics Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:12 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Haha, nice, didn't expect that head. To be honest I am not a fan of the figure at all, only really like that crown, but like Valiarde your photography and lighting skills really make it shine.

7Randam's random pics Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:28 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Thanks for the nice comments. She is a gorgeous figure with lots of details ... despite being so cliche.

@Ovy
This facepool head is really growing on me, since its expression works in such a large number of situations. You can even put a cigarette in her mouth and it looks really cool.

8Randam's random pics Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:29 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Interesting armor, however beautiful shots and lightning.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Randam's random pics 1f60e

9Randam's random pics Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:19 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Like Ovy, I'm not actually a fan of the original figures, although I try to avoid raining on everyone's parade. They are certainly beautifully and intricately done, but the whole anime cutsie young oversexualized thing with totally impractical armor never did it for me, and these are no exception. One thing I did like about the design is that, minus a few silly armor pieces, it could arguably be the ornate bone-and-leather ceremonial headgear and attire of a shaman, especially a fantasy shaman. There is still no excuse for those skeletal-finger-breast-grabbing bras, but it has potential. And by changing the body and the head to something more realistic and more mature, I think you, Randam, have gone a long way to improving the look. Coupled with your fantastic photography, this is really excellent.

10Randam's random pics Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:32 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Nice that you have your own thread, will be a success.

Great job with the pics and lighting. I love the foreground elements makes the pics really shine. 
Why did you change the body though, it was already a tbleague? To fit the head color or to reduce bust size? It is great to see this figure with a "normal" head for a change. Nice! 

And I can see why GF and Ovy aren't fans of the figure - normally I'm also not much into stylized faces or oversexualized dresses, but this figure just remind me too much on video games I used to play Smile

11Randam's random pics Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:35 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@Valiarde
Thanks. I have also admired your excellent photos of this figure. Great photography and light mood.

I have changed the body because I initially wanted to used a spare HT Anne Hathaway head with this figure, which has the  darker HT suntan color and would not work with the original pale body. Also, I do like the shape of the Viking Woman/Fire Knight body better than the original S10. Unfortunately, the overall look with the HT head was not that great, so I went with the Facepool head instead.

The ridiculous outfit aesthetically works for me, but I understand that the design might raise red flags for others. Possibly, I'm also influenced by video game aesthetics, as the outfit reminded me of the Forsworn from Skyrim. What were you thinking of?

BTW Here is a shot of the figure with the Hathaway-sculpt.

Randam's random pics 51824350124_70e218ea19_kCJ3A3903pp by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

12Randam's random pics Empty Re: Randam's random pics Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:07 am

Diana

Diana
While in this case (and mostly thanks to the movable eyes and the face mask and smirk of the dark shaman) I don't mind the stylized look of the original head sculpt, your head swap inspires! They look really good, especially with your epic lighting and setting and all. That is just stunning. I am looking forward to seeing more! AND you strengthen my urge to make dioramas. (One day soon I'll have the time, space and muse at the ready.)

I personally like the athletic S10D and am not a fan of the increased bust size, as that makes the grabby hands even more noticeable to me, but that is of course a matter of taste. I am certainly tickled now to play with alternatives as I like the added curves.

13Randam's random pics Empty Re: Randam's random pics Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:52 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Diana wrote:
... I personally like the athletic S10D and am not a fan of the increased bust size, as that makes the grabby hands even more noticeable to me, but that is of course a matter of taste. I am certainly tickled now to play with alternatives as I like the added curves.

I'm glad that you also like my version of the shaman. I actually did not think about bust size when swapping to the Viking woman body, but I see what you mean (and noticed now for the first time the looming wardrobe malfunction in above picture Smile ->"Betriebsblindheit" ). I was primarily concerned with skin color and the leg tapering/knee position of the S10D. Possibly I will switch bodies later, when the S47B finally hits shelves.

I'm curious what alternative heads would you try for her?

14Randam's random pics Empty Re: Randam's random pics Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:59 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Randam Hajile wrote:BTW Here is a shot of the figure with the Hathaway-sculpt.

Randam's random pics 51824350124_70e218ea19_kCJ3A3903pp by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

You better stop this, because you're making me like both the "ridiculous" outfit and Hathaway better with all this. Smile Perhaps one can't really tell about any color mismatch in this particular photo, but the image itself is absolutely stunning. Infinite improvement in my book.

15Randam's random pics Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:47 am

Diana

Diana
Randam Hajile wrote:[...] I actually did not think about bust size when swapping to the Viking woman body, but I see what you mean (and noticed now for the first time the looming wardrobe malfunction in above picture Smile ->"Betriebsblindheit" ). I was primarily concerned with skin color and the leg tapering/knee position of the S10D. Possibly I will switch bodies later, when the S47B finally hits shelves.

I'm curious what alternative heads would you try for her?

Laughing (-> "Betriebsblindheit")

I think the upcoming S47B might not be busty enough. I think the S43A might be a good match, if she is not too tall.

I haven't thought about heads as I do like the originals.
- I can imagine ScarJo looking good.
- Also: any of those grungy Kimi heads.
- Polaris and Scarlett Witch might work.
- Charlize Theron, though both versions I have are probably too small...
- Would love to see Cate Blanchett in the white Shaman costume!
- Khaleesi could work, too...
- Taylor Swift
- Avril Lavigne
- Monica Belucci (GC004)
- GAC Toys GC009C
- GAC Toys GC006A
- Miss Spetnaz
- Russian Model
- YMToys Elf
- YMT060 "Xiu" (or previous version with brown eyes)
- YMT050 "Female Assassin"

And then of course there are so many TBL heads that might work. Though TBL heads tend to look too polished and wear too much make-up for this tribal vibe.
- The upcoming Aset heads could work!
- Black Spartan Commander comes to mind.
- Golden Royal Defender
- Saintess Knight
- Sariah
- Arhian CoH

I'd better get back to work, but this was fun! Smile

16Randam's random pics Empty Re: Randam's random pics Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:13 am

blackpool

blackpool
Gorgeous pictures of a gorgeous figure!!! Those expressive headsculpts really have a lot of potential (tho I did like the movable eyes head coming with this figure, trying to find the head parted out)

Thanks for sharing

17Randam's random pics Empty Re: Randam's random pics Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:08 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
The Hathaway sculpt looks fantastic on this figure! I think it would also work well for the dark version.

The Witch Hunters are easily the biggest 1:6 smash hit I’ve seen since I’ve been here. The sheer enjoyment of these figures really comes through in all of the amazing photos we’ve seen.

18Randam's random pics Empty Re: Randam's random pics Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:32 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Working with the this figure is really great fun. I could just go on and on taking pictures with different head and poses. Since Diana proposed to used a ScarJo head, I tried also this one. I was trying to emulate a shot in the sunlight (instead of the moddy twilight).

Randam's random pics 51831794595_08f8f9ff04_kCJ3A3973pp by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Thanks for all the nice comments. Very Happy

19Randam's random pics Empty Re: Randam's random pics Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:32 pm

davidd

davidd
Love the way you capture the sharp, crisp detail  with the warm backlight!

20Randam's random pics Empty Re: Randam's random pics Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:35 am

Diana

Diana
Randam Hajile wrote:Working with the this figure is really great fun. I could just go on and on taking pictures with different head and poses. Since Diana proposed to used a ScarJo head, I tried also this one. I was trying to emulate a shot in the sunlight (instead of the moddy twilight).

Oooh! I love it! I'm not sure which I prefer. They both add something special to the character. Thanks for trying her out! Very Happy

I sense a photoshoot in my near future...

21Randam's random pics Empty Re: Randam's random pics Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:55 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Randam Hajile wrote:@Valiarde

The ridiculous outfit aesthetically works for me, but I understand that the design might raise red flags for others. Possibly, I'm also influenced by video game aesthetics, as the outfit reminded me of the Forsworn from Skyrim. What were you thinking of?
I thought of the witch doctor from diablo 3...but there are several sources that might have inspired this figure.

I really like your pics with the different heads! Changes the character so much. That is also a great aspect of our hobby. 
ScarJo head is nice on so many different bodies/with so many different costumes  Smile

22Randam's random pics Empty Re: Randam's random pics Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:06 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I, too, don't know which of the realistic head sculpts I prefer, because both look absolutely perfect and improve the whole figure infinitely, in my eyes. If you got both witches, you know what to do. If not, maybe figure out a head swap schedule. Wink

23Randam's random pics Empty Re: Randam's random pics Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:36 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wonderful pics of superb figures. Visiting your flickr is a highlight for me everyday! Fantastic to see your work here too! keep 'em coming!

24Randam's random pics Empty Re: Randam's random pics Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:22 am

blackpool

blackpool
BAMComix wrote:Wonderful pics of superb figures. Visiting your flickr is a highlight for me everyday! Fantastic to see your work here too! keep 'em coming!

Same! I gotta say your gallery is breathtaking!

25Randam's random pics Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:15 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Thanks, Dal and Blackpool. I enjoy your photos very much, too!
Are you also on FLICKR, Blackpool?

Here another random shot: Having gotten a Saintess Knight body this week, I was very much pleased to see that it has a tapered neck that fits perfectly to the HT Evangeline Lilly head.

Randam's random pics 51835956881_990b6ea406_kCJ3A4010 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Thanks for watching.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 27]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum