OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Space Magic!!! Space COWBOYS!! ...and Aliens.

🎵Some people call me the Space Cowboy, yeah🎵
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) Lumii516
🎵Some call me the gangster of love...🎵
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16427216

"AGHHH!!! There's a SNAKE IN MY BOOT!!"
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16427217

Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16427110
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16427111
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16427112
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16427113
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16427114
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16427115Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16427116
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16427117
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16427118Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16427119
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16427120
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16427010Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16427121
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16427210
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16427211Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16427212
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16427213

Last time we found our hero make contact with an extra-terrestrial lifeform, Val'Turr (or Walter) and a foreign alien substance that resulted in an attack by a giant space snake.
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16427218
Now temporarily without magic abilities as a result of the space snake bite, Cadeus may have to find another method of getting off of this dangerous rock. But first he has to deal with some other side effects...

Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16431010
VAL'TURR: Are you alright, Mr. Cade, sir? Luckily that creature's venom isn't necessarily fatal to the likes of you, but...ah, there it goes.
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16431011
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16431012
CADE: What the HELL, Walt?!! Why'd you just stand there and not help me?!!
VAL'TURR: My sincerest apologies, but you know I am refrained from engaging in conflict of any kind. If it makes you feel any better, that snek got me too, and now my teleportation powers aren't working either...
CADE: Alright, well...just give me some time alone to figure things out so we can get off of this rock.

And so Val'Turr left Cade to his own devices for a while...

Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16431110
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16431111
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16431013
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16431112

4 HRS LATER...

Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16431113
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16431114
CADE: Finally...it's time to FLY...

Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16431115
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16431116
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16431117
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16431118
VAL'TURR: T-t-thank the Allseer, you finished it! W-we have to get out of here, they're coming!
CADE: Calm down, little guy. I won't let anyone hurt you.
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16431119
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16431120
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16431125
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) Lumii517
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16431122
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16431121
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16431123
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) Lumii518
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16431124
CADEUS: Well I'll be damned, we found an old piano! Got any song recommendations?
VAL'TURR: Records from earth database suggest Rocket Man by Elton John would be suitable for this particular occasion...

davidd

davidd
That rocket pack is cooool!

Your characters are cool!

This story is just, like, Coolsville, man!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rocket Man... how appropriate! Very nicely done. Love the rocket pack right after the "four hours later," the uselessly pacifist alien, and the convenient delay in the attack of the critters.

Diana

Diana
Laughing

That was awesome!!! So he's a tinkerer, too! Very Happy
And what a great reveal! Beautiful shots.

Ovy

Ovy
Val'turr (of course there has to be an apostrophe) might be one of the cutest things I have seen yet in 1/6 and I have seen all those gophers, baby pigs and baby Yodas. He looks so sleazy and cool with that open jacket and green Cantina band guy head. Propably a smooth jazz version of Cantina Band #1 plays as his theme song. Or a western version once he has that hat (very fitting) I hope you make him a recurring or core character with an Expansive backstory we learn bit by bit.

Those shots were Cadeus is just standing there with his jetpack ready to take off look really epique, you could turn them into a movie poster. And of course the backpack has a baby backpack.

See you Space Cowboy...

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Cade looking like a space cowboy is so good, that rocket pack is really good too. And Walter is such a chill dude.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 1f60e

BAMComix

BAMComix
Awesome stuff!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ha! That was fun. Love the blown up hand as the reaction to the venom. That jet pack is something else. And I’m impressed with how you used the old Hasbro Cantina band parts to make Val’Turr.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:And I’m impressed with how you used the old Hasbro Cantina band parts to make Val’Turr.
 I agree, he looked so familiar, yet almost unrecognizable.

Ovy

Ovy
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) Psx_2036

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Smile

csyeung

csyeung
Hehe, that' swollen hand is great!

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
This story is just, like, Coolsville, man![/quote]

Yay!! Thank you davidd for the high praise. Nothing better than Coolsville.  Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 1f600

GubernatorFan wrote:Rocket Man... how appropriate! Very nicely done. Love the rocket pack right after the "four hours later," the uselessly pacifist alien, and the convenient delay in the attack of the critters.

Hehe, thanks Ian. Wink There were some other songs on my list, but I thought that the most obvious well-known choice. The other option would have been (to accentuate davidd's comments):

I had to find a reasonable excuse for Val'Turr's (current) limited posability. Maybe he will have no choice but to get more mobile in a future installment.  Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 1f61b

Diana wrote:Laughing

That was awesome!!! So he's a tinkerer, too! Very Happy
And what a great reveal! Beautiful shots.

Yes he is! I tried to emulate the same process I myself went through while putting that thing together - and how much of a fun mess it was! Thank you again, happy you enjoyed.

Ovy wrote:Val'turr (of course there has to be an apostrophe) might be one of the cutest things I have seen yet in 1/6 and I have seen all those gophers, baby pigs and baby Yodas. He looks so sleazy and cool with that open jacket and green Cantina band guy head. Propably a smooth jazz version of Cantina Band #1 plays as his theme song. Or a western version once he has that hat (very fitting) I hope you make him a recurring or core character with an Expansive backstory we learn bit by bit.

Those shots were Cadeus is just standing there with his jetpack ready to take off look really epique, you could turn them into a movie poster. And of course the backpack has a baby backpack.

See you Space Cowboy...

Well sir, I am honored that my most random creation yet made the list for cute critters alongside the likes of Baby Yoda! Surprised You are indeed right about the hat, though his head is so huge it's difficult to find a proper-fitting one without a strap of some kind. If anyone has seen the movie Paul you know where I got the idea... Laughing
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) E17d8k10

I see what you mean about the 'epic movie posters' idea. And nice example, of course I'm a Cowboy Bebop fan too, I even kinda enjoyed the new live-action Netflix adaptation. I'm gonna play around with some caption ideas for the next photos, though my skills and cleverness in that category aren't quite on the level of GubernatorFan with his romance novel covers. tongue

Theboo-bomb wrote:Cade looking like a space cowboy is so good, that rocket pack is really good too. And Walter is such a chill dude.

Thank you, it is a suave new look for him, huh? And of course Walter has to be the zen one to level things out. Glad you're digging them both and their new gadgets, more to come soon.  Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 1f60e

BAMComix wrote:Awesome stuff!

Thanks man, I appreciate you checking it out!

Stryker2011 wrote:Ha! That was fun. Love the blown up hand as the reaction to the venom. That jet pack is something else. And I’m impressed with how you used the old Hasbro Cantina band parts to make Val’Turr.

Haha, I have been waiting a long while for the opportunity to use that goofy oversized hand in an actual project. I am also pleased it fit in so well for comical effect.

So I am really glad of how well the jetpack turned out and has been received. I've been wanting a jetpack to implement into some flight scenes for some time now. I was considering buying one off of Ebay (probably would have been a Mandalorian/Boba/Jango Fett version), then I decided I wanted something more unique and started sorting through my junk box. Ended up using some Transformers scraps, bendy straws for the pipes, glued to an older backpack I had for the base. Then a repaint and light weathering.
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 20220112

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL that was disturbingly effective (Space is Cool) but Rocketman was the better song. Smile I enjoyed the movie Paul, too. Very impressive result with the jetpack, interesting seeing what you started with.

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Hehe I figured if nothing else it would get either of the songs stuck in your head any time you think of this shoot. Before I made the jetpack, I was actually thinking of what I could use to make a large rocket ship or a UFO for Val'Turr. But decided to start small for now. 😏 Anyway, in the meantime here is Part II, with a bit of a surprise...

Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16437110
CADE: Hmm, well check this out...looks like someone left behind some goodies...wait a sec, it actually kind of resembles a memorial or something of the sort...
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16437111
VAL'TURR: I suppose it's a good idea to store one's ice cream in Space, so it always stays cold...
CADE: I know, right?! This toy plane though...I actually used to have one just like it when I was a kid...so strange...
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16437112
VAL'TURR: Danger, Mr. Cade...Val'Turr sense...danger nearby.

Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16437113
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16437114
OLD MAN: You damn scavengers, get your freaky asses away from my son's memorial!
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16437115
CADE: No wait, we weren't - Uh oh...is that magic? Val'Turr, look out!!
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16437116
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16437117
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16437118
CADE: Whoa man, just let us pass and we'll be on our way!! No harm done!! Don't make me use my own powers; it's way stronger than yours and would likely shatter your brittle old bones!
OLD MAN: Wrong! This desecration and disrespect shall not go unpunished...
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16437121
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16437210
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16437122Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16437123
CADE: No way...that hat, and that stop sign weapon...it can't be... Hang on mister, I think I have something that belongs to you...
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16437124
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16437125
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) 16437126
SKUPES: How can this be...this is the drawing I gave my son twenty six years ago, before he disappeared forever... I thought...I thought he was dead. I've been lost in some kind of time warp this whole time, searching for him...
CADE: No dad, it's me...it's really me.
Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) Faceap54

Diana

Diana
Awwww, that was cool! I'm looking forward to seeing how this dynamic unfolds. Smile

The "You shall not pass" gave me a good chuckle. Very Happy

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
That's a great continuation of the story. There is so much awesome creativity in your character designs!

davidd

davidd
Wow! That was an unexpected twist!

What a reunion this will be! So much catching up to do!

Fantastically detailed figures! Love 'em!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The moment I saw the ice cream scoop, I thought of Skupes. But it was still a surprise. Very vivid, as always. And nice work on Val'turr with the Paul reference.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting new character. And so happy for the Father/Son reunion. Hopefully. Ace doesn’t make him think of Cats In The Cradle for the next song.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Lost Adventures in Space (UPDATED w/ Part 2: Angry Space Hobo) C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum