OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adonis Creed New arrival

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Adonis Creed New arrival  Empty Adonis Creed New arrival Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:43 am

Chip

I wanted to add some mix in my collection , and have added some Marvel Characters , and when I see this figure , I rather liked the look of him . And so to add a bit more to the mix , I brought him . I thought I would do a kind of review , as I didn`t find much about him on the net . I will let the photos do most the talking . As you wont want to read to much of my waffling ....

Well He came well packed in a nice box , as I think we expect these days .

Adonis Creed New arrival  P1140693

Take the lid off , and your greeted with this rather atmospheric artwork ...

Adonis Creed New arrival  P1140695

Adonis Creed New arrival  P1140698

And then after that we get a first look at the figure , he comes with two sets of kit , pics of that later .

Adonis Creed New arrival  P1140700

Adonis Creed New arrival  P1140707

Adonis Creed New arrival  P1140708

Adonis Creed New arrival  P1140713

I rather liked the Niki boots ...

Adonis Creed New arrival  P1140717

So now to the body , Mmmm, He is lacking a bit of articulation , and was a little disappointing , has a good weight to him though , similar to what a hefty Worldbox figure feels like , he was easy to pose though , and didn`t topple as much as I thought he might . I can live with how he is , but the actual body could of been a touch better .

Adonis Creed New arrival  P1140724

Adonis Creed New arrival  P1140727

Adonis Creed New arrival  P1140730

Adonis Creed New arrival  P1140735

Adonis Creed New arrival  P1140738

So removing the 2nd layer in the box , you get to see the other coloured kit that he comes with . The robe is not cotton , if you have rough hands like me , you can feel them catch on the robe , and feels slightly cheap . The Gloves and shorts ect are good enough , and you get some cut off socks too. There are no extra hands or feet to play with , which would of been good . Any thing AA coloured and getting to match the body is going to be troublesome I imagine .

Adonis Creed New arrival  P1140750

Adonis Creed New arrival  P1140760

Adonis Creed New arrival  P1140762

The Stand that came with him is a little odd . Spiderman woz ere maybe ???? The belt was supposedly a pre order  exclusive , but I snagged it anyway , Bonus .  Very Happy

Adonis Creed New arrival  P1140748

Adonis Creed New arrival  P1140741

Well he may not be The Greatest , but overall I think he is not a bad figure . The Sculpt is nice enough , and I am sure I can get him in some half decent poses if I play with him a bit longer . Nice to get two sets of kit too . If I was to give him a score , most likely 7/10 . Mainly because of the lack of articulation , and no bare hands and feet . oh and that stand with Spiderman on it ? What was that all about ?

2Adonis Creed New arrival  Empty Re: Adonis Creed New arrival Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:02 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you very much for the review. Whatever else it is, it seems to be a remarkably rare figure to find. Looks like it has potential, except of course for the non-starter of using an open-jointed hard plastic body for a figure that ought to be able to show this much skin, and for the head (which in itself is very good) looking a little too small for the body. I wonder how it would look on an appropriately re-colored M34. But otherwise, with a little more attention to detail, it might have been pretty great.

3Adonis Creed New arrival  Empty Re: Adonis Creed New arrival Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:30 pm

Chip

Thanks Ian , it was quite fun doing the review , it`s very rare I get figures this new that I need or have the opportunity . I agree , if ever a figure needs a Phicen type body , this is it .

4Adonis Creed New arrival  Empty Re: Adonis Creed New arrival Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:41 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Welcome. And given how good the head is (and cheap or not the outfit works), definitely suitable for a basic bash upgrade. Smile

5Adonis Creed New arrival  Empty Re: Adonis Creed New arrival Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:43 pm

csyeung

csyeung
thanks for the review! That's so weird that it came with a spiderman base. That looks like the one from the Youngrich Miles. I agree with Ian, head looks a bit small, but it does look nice. This would definitely look great on a seamless body for sure, if only they made the right color =/. Although that new Ali figure may give some hope!

6Adonis Creed New arrival  Empty Re: Adonis Creed New arrival Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:19 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Cool figure and rare too, never heard about it. It is strange he came with a spiderman stand, also is it just me or is his torso much more longer than his legs?

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Adonis Creed New arrival  1f60e

7Adonis Creed New arrival  Empty Re: Adonis Creed New arrival Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:27 pm

Chip

Thanks all . He looks physically proportioned o.k to me .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum