OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Enter The Dragon

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Enter The Dragon  Empty Enter The Dragon Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:59 pm

Chip

I am still slowly adding some figures to my collection , I am trying to add some diversity to it . So here is my latest edition Bruce Lee . What a legend who passed away far to early . So here is my Bruce Lee story . I brought the sculpt and the black suit first , and ordered a phicen Asian style body , The Phicen Asian body is supposedly THE body for Bruce Lee customs . You even get a set of Kung Fu styled hands with it . So my the sculpt and suit showed up , and a while after I got the Phicen body , fitted the head , and tried on the suit ....Well it was rather frustrating that the suit wouldn`t fit the Phicen body too well , it was very tight , and so I then ordered a ZC Asian body , as these are the company that made the suit , and I figured well that`s gotta fit right ? I am pleased to say it did . Though it`s got nowhere near the articulation of a Phicen , I can live with it , but if any figure would work well on a Phicen , it`s a Bruce Lee figure . I may try and pick up some Kung Fu type clothing that fits a Phicen , or just use the pants I have as they fit ...I think . But that`s for another day . I custom made some weaponry for Bruce , a staff , some short sticks and the Nunchakus , the training wood post is a toy I brought for some Pet Rats I had a long time ago ...never throw anything away .  Very Happy   I hope you like the photos .

Enter The Dragon  1-P1140946

Enter The Dragon  2-P1140924

Enter The Dragon  3-P1140932

Enter The Dragon  4-P1140938

Enter The Dragon  5-P1140951closest shell station to my location

Enter The Dragon  6-P1140957

Enter The Dragon  7-P1140955

Enter The Dragon  8-P1140965

Enter The Dragon  9-P1140959

Enter The Dragon  10-P1140989

Enter The Dragon  11-P1140970

Enter The Dragon  12-P1140976

Enter The Dragon  13-P1140979

Enter The Dragon  14-P1150005nearest diesel fuel to me

Enter The Dragon  15-P1140995

Enter The Dragon  16-P1150011

Enter The Dragon  17-P1140997

Enter The Dragon  18-bnw-P1140946

2Enter The Dragon  Empty Re: Enter The Dragon Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:14 pm

Arcata

Arcata
It came together very well Chip! Your use of the rat toy as a training post was brilliant. Until I read your comments, I assumed it was sold as, and intended to be, a training post. And the nunchakus are equally impressive. I think what I like most of all though are your poses...those are very lifelike and authentic. You did a great job.

3Enter The Dragon  Empty Re: Enter The Dragon Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:28 pm

Chip

Thanks so much Arcata , those are really nice and encouraging comments .

4Enter The Dragon  Empty Re: Enter The Dragon Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:03 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice bash. I can understand your frustration, but I'm sure TBLeague was not planning for this specific outfit when they designed their body (which seems a tad tall, by the way, although I haven't checked Lee's height). For the look with the shirt and jacket, you don't need to use a TBLeague body at all. Are the pants too tight? The shoes probably are, but you can use non-TBLeague feet with them and the TBLeague body. ZC makes some small male feet that are compatible.

5Enter The Dragon  Empty Re: Enter The Dragon Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:54 pm

Chip

I agree Ian , the Phicen body looked tall for Bruce Lee , it only really matters of course if you put him up against other figures , I try not to worry to much about the height of figures anymore , if you get short or tall or tubby figures , there is all the associated problems of getting kit to fit or look right on them as was proven with this figure different sized bodies can be a headache sometimes . When I do manage to achieve tall or short figures that still look o.k when kitted out it`s a bonus . As mentioned I think the pant`s were an O.K fit . I will try and get round to trying them one day hopefully . thanks for the comments and advice , your knowledge of nude bodies and what`s out there is quite something .

6Enter The Dragon  Empty Re: Enter The Dragon Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:00 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Chip wrote:I agree Ian , the Phicen body looked tall for Bruce Lee , it only really matters of course if you put him up against other figures , I try not to worry to much about the height of figures anymore , if you get short or tall or tubby figures , there is all the associated problems of getting kit to fit or look right on them as was proven with this figure different sized bodies can be a headache sometimes . When I do manage to achieve tall or short figures that still look o.k when kitted out it`s a bonus . As mentioned I think the pant`s were an O.K fit . I will try and get round to trying them one day hopefully . thanks for the comments and advice , your knowledge of nude bodies and what`s out there is quite something .
Oh, I forgot you mentioned they fit. So you're pretty much set for the shirtless look then. Smile And the shorts that come with M32 are reminiscent of his yellow track suit from another movie. My "knowledge of nude bodies"? Easy, that's how rumors get started! LOL Base bodies maybe. Smile

7Enter The Dragon  Empty Re: Enter The Dragon Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:51 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great addition Chip! everything came together really well!

8Enter The Dragon  Empty Re: Enter The Dragon Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:42 am

Chip

GubernatorFan wrote:Oh, I forgot you mentioned they fit. So you're pretty much set for the shirtless look then. Smile And the shorts that come with M32 are reminiscent of his yellow track suit from another movie. My "knowledge of nude bodies"? Easy, that's how rumors get started! LOL Base bodies maybe. Smile

Very Happy Very Happy  Very Happy

9Enter The Dragon  Empty Re: Enter The Dragon Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:43 am

Chip

Thanks Dal . Wink

10Enter The Dragon  Empty Re: Enter The Dragon Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:56 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks pretty cool. Nice addition.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Enter The Dragon  C8485110

11Enter The Dragon  Empty Re: Enter The Dragon Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:54 am