OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Empty Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:28 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
So this was an experiment I have been wanting to try for a while now - making a customized, semi-poseable mount for my characters. My sculpting skills aren't the greatest, but luckily I only had to sculpt the head and...improvised the rest. lol I have seen some $200 or higher poseable creatures on Etsy and such that I drew inspiration from, but not within my current budget to actually purchase. So I worked with what I have at the moment, and think there *may* be room for improvement. 👀

Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Lumii584
Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf
A mystical beast spirit that Cade discovered during one of his meditational sessions in The Dark Flow, he befriended and bonded with Zephylon. Through a rigorous summoning ritual involving a combination of magic and alchemy techniques, Cade was able to manifest Zephylon back into the physical world. He can now call upon the beast for assistance at will.

Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Lumii585
Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Lumii586
Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Lumii587
Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Lumii588
Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Lumii589
Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Lumii590
Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Lumii591
Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf 16704510

2Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Empty Re: Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:19 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
What a cool looking critter, who fits right into your surreal 'verse! Great job, especially for your first poseable animal. Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf 1f44d

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

3Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Empty Re: Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:44 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
HAha woow such a cool creature. I love how the head and mane turned out, bit like a mutated ant eater.
The only thing that made me wonder on the first view were the trousers on the first two pics - but seeing it as a while thing, it is pretty awesome.

4Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Empty Re: Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:05 am

Diana

Diana
This beautiful beast fits right into your world. Well done! I was a little distracted by the hand-feet, so I didn't even see the jeans. Laughing Nice combinations of textures and colors!

These two fit together so well!

I first thought of Anya Boz' Room Guardians, but they are well beyond the 200 bucks you speak of. Still great for inspiration and beautiful to look at. Very Happy

5Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Empty Re: Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:17 am

Illusion

Illusion
a really cool creature that fits your universe very, very well.
I am also a bit confused by the trousers though. That would work better for me with more of the fur.

The „feet“ are odd but I guess, it can run on the tips rather than the full „palm surface“, whereas it greatly helps stability whilst standing around…

let‘s see what personality this beast will have Smile

6Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Empty Re: Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:08 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Your dragon wolf looks really cool. I like the slightly grotesque design. It feels like a magically-animated puppet -- basically a puppet that became alive.

I recently also looked into making a reptilian monster and came across these nice 3d printed dragon heads on etsy...
https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/FellKunst
Maybe the offered heads and claws might be an option for further upgrades.

7Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Empty Re: Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:39 am

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
skywalkersaga wrote:What a cool looking critter, who fits right into your surreal 'verse! Great job, especially for your first poseable animal.  Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf 1f44d

Hehe thanks, aside from human character customization this was my first time undertaking a project like this, just to see what I could come up with.

Valiarde wrote:HAha woow such a cool creature. I love how the head and mane turned out, bit like a mutated ant eater.
The only thing that made me wonder on the first view were the trousers on the first two pics - but seeing it as a while thing, it is pretty awesome.

I knew the snout reminded me of some real animal I couldn't think of at the time. A damn anteater, that's it!! Laughing Oh, I got so used to seeing the trousers after painting them I didn't recognize them as such anymore, but I needed some fur to cover the legs and that's all I had left from a cheap Santa Claus decoration. Surprised Here's a photo I took from the early production stage:
Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Lumii592

Diana wrote:This beautiful beast fits right into your world. Well done! I was a little distracted by the hand-feet, so I didn't even see the jeans. Laughing Nice combinations of textures and colors!

These two fit together so well!

I first thought of Anya Boz' Room Guardians, but they are well beyond the 200 bucks you speak of. Still great for inspiration and beautiful to look at. Very Happy

Thank you! I know that it is weirdly Frankenstein-esque in some ways, but feels uniquely my own. And yes I did try to match up their color schemes so they seemed more in sync, I am pleased of that result.

Oh wow those Anya Boz dolls really are spectacular, that's exactly the kind of style I was going for! I was originally looking at the Gift of Mercury creations, specifically the Eel Dragon, but those look way better!

Illusion wrote:a really cool creature that fits your universe very, very well.
I am also a bit confused by the trousers though. That would work better for me with more of the fur.

The „feet“ are odd but I guess, it can run on the tips rather than the full „palm surface“, whereas it greatly helps stability whilst standing around…

let‘s see what personality this beast will have Smile

Thank you! I do agree about the trousers/coat and the hand-feet did look weird at first, but then I started to embrace them being different and not simply claws. Like... this being has monkey DNA too, to make climbing trees and swinging from branches easier. Dragon Wolf Monkey. And of course simply standing. Maybe Zeph will even walk around upright one day.

Randam Hajile wrote:Your dragon wolf looks really cool. I like the slightly grotesque design. It feels like a magically-animated puppet -- basically a puppet that became alive.

I recently also looked into making a reptilian monster and came across these nice 3d printed dragon heads on etsy...
https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/FellKunst
Maybe the offered heads and claws might be an option for further upgrades.

I think that is a fittingly accurate description - a living dead puppet! And technically makes sense, as this creature has been resurrected from the spirit realm. I am reminded of the zombie horses from the Red Dead Undead Nightmare expansion.

Those 3d prints are a good option for sure, considering my currently limited sculpting abilities. I didn't even know you could buy the heads in that scale individually, that's a big help for future upgrades. Does the store ship from Germany? I wouldn't mind waiting, they totally seem worth it!

8Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Empty Re: Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:09 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ah, I've always loved Anya Boz's work!

and thanks, Randam, that seems like an awesome resource!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

9Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Empty Re: Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:44 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
What a neat creature. Such an ingenious way of building this dragon-wolf.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf C8485110

10Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Empty Re: Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:50 am

Ovy

Ovy
Beautiful, astral work my fellow worldbuilder. He vibes somewhere between Neverending Story and Mononoke. My favourite parts are the blue head and how human his hands look, that's cool. He will be a great companion hopefully featured in many stories from now on.

Just yesterday when I randomly looked for giant crabs on etsy I encountered some curious beings which remind me of this one, similarly photographed in gardens and looking alive at first and second glance. Probably that Anya fellow you talk about.
Oh and there was that taxidermi baby chicken centidpede I will never talk about again.

And I also wonder about Zephylon's personality. Will Zephylon be silent, funny, wise? We will see.
Btw Zephylon sounds like it could be an instrument powered by wind or something.

ZEPHYLON, I CHOOSE YOU!

11Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Empty Re: Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:50 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I was also reminded of Neverending Story. Very cool, unique creation. I love the slightly anteater-like head and your use of pearls for the eyes. I like the fur although I wonder about the transition from one color to the next -- especially as it is obscured by the gear. Like others, I was distracted by those hands coming out of what looks like blue jeans. But the beauty of a fictional character is that you can make it anything you want it to be.

12Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Empty Re: Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:40 pm

davidd

davidd
Ovy wrote:
Oh and there was that taxidermi baby chicken centidpede I will never talk about again.

I had to look that up, of course. Shocked

It's for sale on Etsy, if anyone is interested: https://www.etsy.com/listing/265929494/made-to-order-sixteen-legged-centipede?frs=1

13Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Empty Re: Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:26 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:
Ovy wrote:

I had to look that up, of course. Shocked

It's for sale on Etsy, if anyone is interested:  https://www.etsy.com/listing/265929494/made-to-order-sixteen-legged-centipede?frs=1
Thanks, Dave!

14Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Empty Re: Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:44 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Stryker2011 wrote:What a neat creature. Such an ingenious way of building this dragon-wolf.

Much appreciated Stryker, look forward to future upgrades as I continue to toy around with this idea! Smile

Ovy wrote:Beautiful, astral work my fellow worldbuilder. He vibes somewhere between Neverending Story and Mononoke. My favourite parts are the blue head and how human his hands look, that's cool. He will be a great companion hopefully featured in many stories from now on.

Just yesterday when I randomly looked for giant crabs on etsy I encountered some curious beings which remind me of this one, similarly photographed in gardens and looking alive at first and second glance. Probably that Anya fellow you talk about.

And I also wonder about Zephylon's personality. Will Zephylon be silent, funny, wise? We will see.
Btw Zephylon sounds like it could be an instrument powered by wind or something.

ZEPHYLON, I CHOOSE YOU!

Haha, thank you fellow Dreamer!! I have seen Neverending Story once before, I think a lot of these types of fur creature puppets/dolls bring that film to mind. And Princess Mononoke was the very first Studio Ghibli film I ever watched as a kid - it's an all-time favorite of mine - so that undoubtedly had some influence here. Also:
Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf 3jnbbe10

And yes Zephylon will be a mainstay for our heroes in future installments to help with traversal and companionship across the lands, especially since Cade's jetpack malfunctioned and there is a serious lack of affordable fuel for the time being. Laughing

Ahh yes, I would really like to eventually see your characters encountering one of those giant crabs hinted at in your universe. As unsettling as taxidermi may be since watching that Jeffrey Dahmer show recently, I am surprised someone has not yet attempted taxidermi on a real-life crab - with an internal wire-framed skeleton for articulation and such. But perhaps using 3D prints of the molds would be a better approach, because that baby chicken centipede genuinely saddens me. Crying or Very sad

Xylophone-plated armor form should definitely be one of Zephylon's 'evolutions' at some point. The Musical Dragon Wolf. Shocked He is meant to be a soothing guardian companion who communicates with others through psychic musical notes, only sometimes breathing fire or ice when in battle.

GubernatorFan wrote:I was also reminded of Neverending Story. Very cool, unique creation. I love the slightly anteater-like head and your use of pearls for the eyes. I like the fur although I wonder about the transition from one color to the next -- especially as it is obscured by the gear. Like others, I was distracted by those hands coming out of what looks like blue jeans. But the beauty of a fictional character is that you can make it anything you want it to be.

Thanks Gub! Yeah this really was just about playing around with the creative process and not taking it too seriously, using whatever I could find to give the concept a general test run to see how it worked out in photos. I do agree about the pants/jeans now, I had hoped the texture and fur around the legs would make them appear less so, but I may find another more suitable fabric or material for the future modifications.

15Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Empty Re: Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:58 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Haha, Zephylon evolving sounds like a great idea. Zephylon will become....Zephylex, then Zephrak. Xylophon armor sounds great, I guess some bamboo will work.

Oh and there is a lot of taxidermi giant crabs, but of course they cost more than some Hot Toys figures even. I put some links in the spoiler, giant crab warning.

Spoiler:

16Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Empty Re: Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:19 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
This is very creative and to tackle something like it takes courage. So far you have started off with a great idea and a great base and all you need is refining it, I'm more than certain that pretty soon we'll see it improved beyond it, if someone has the skills to pull it off it's you, let the creativity flow!

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Zephylon, The Dragon Wolf 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum