OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague S48/S49 1/6 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable Female Body - Mid Chest and Legs [White Muscle/Wheat] 4 models

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GeeWillikers

Saturn wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:So I wonder if the next one (S50/51) will be a detachable-foot version of S42/43, which is Viking Woman, near-as-makes-no-difference. TBL tidying-up loose ends by the big 5-0, in other words.

Based on the previous presentation, the "super S38/S39" should be coming in the near future too.

I wouldn't mind that one at all.

Still, it would be more interesting with the same proportions but a smaller bust, but of course that will never happen.  Neutral

EDIT: I wonder if they'll ever release those 'buxom' 1/12 bodies pictured later in that thread...

Diana

GeeWillikers wrote:
Saturn wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:So I wonder if the next one (S50/51) will be a detachable-foot version of S42/43, which is Viking Woman, near-as-makes-no-difference. TBL tidying-up loose ends by the big 5-0, in other words.

Based on the previous presentation, the "super S38/S39" should be coming in the near future too.

I wouldn't mind that one at all.

Still, it would be more interesting with the same proportions but a smaller bust, but of course that will never happen.  Neutral

EDIT: I wonder if they'll ever release those 'buxom' 1/12 bodies pictured later in that thread...

Looks like you went through the same steps and came to the same conclusion I just did. Laughing

I don't mind the big bust on that model though as of course that body type exists and is currently not really represented. Her girls are not balloon like, as the S20/21, but actually follow gravity, which is nice and looks believable. Very motherly. I'd probably buy it (or the smaller chested version) despite having no use for it other than using it as a drawing reference.

I do think a new 1/12 release is due though, after all these 1/6 boxed sets and bodies. Would love to see that curvy body in 1/12! Smile

skywalkersaga

GubernatorFan wrote: Do these products sell much more massively in China than worldwide (I suppose readier availability, lower shipping etc costs would help the Chinese market); if so, there is not much hope that an international customer base could overcome that hurdle.

This is my presumption, and why I'm not waiting around for more 'diverse' bodies to appear. If some magically do, then great, but not holding my breath.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote: Do these products sell much more massively in China than worldwide (I suppose readier availability, lower shipping etc costs would help the Chinese market); if so, there is not much hope that an international customer base could overcome that hurdle.

This is my presumption, and why I'm not waiting around for more 'diverse' bodies to appear. If some magically do, then great, but not holding my breath.
Then we should all stock up on oil pastels... Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Saturn

Saturn
skywalkersaga wrote:

A noticeable change could be made if a US or European shop could finance a special edition (e.g. a different skintone) by ordering a larger quantity from TBL at its own risk. The question is, for what number of items would the manufacturer be willing to make such a thing (and at what cost).
A similar concept works for model railways, for example, but the question is how well it would work in this hobby.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Saturn wrote:A noticeable change could be made if a US or European shop could finance a special edition (e.g. a different skintone) by ordering a larger quantity from TBL at its own risk. The question is, for what number of items would the manufacturer be willing to make such a thing (and at what cost).
A similar concept works for model railways, for example, but the question is how well it would work in this hobby.

Perhaps something OneSixth Kit could commission?

glitch

glitch
So is this just a long legged version of their S24/25 bodies?
The S24/25 are 278mm, and these are 283mm. Nearly the same height.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Hi folks,

I got one a S49 body from Giantoy yesterday and thought I'd share some comparison pics.
I've censored the pics to meet forum policies, but they might still be considered NSFW.
So beware when scrolling down and clicking on the pics...

The body is a good match for heads of intermediate size (Very Cool, Kimi Toys heads etc.). Here are some pics with the VC Miss Spetsnaz head.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague S48/S49 1/6 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable Female Body - Mid Chest and Legs [White Muscle/Wheat] 4 models - Page 2 MEBNC48_t

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague S48/S49 1/6 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable Female Body - Mid Chest and Legs [White Muscle/Wheat] 4 models - Page 2 MEBNC4A_t

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague S48/S49 1/6 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable Female Body - Mid Chest and Legs [White Muscle/Wheat] 4 models - Page 2 MEBNC4F_t

Here is another shot with the VC Villa head...

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague S48/S49 1/6 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable Female Body - Mid Chest and Legs [White Muscle/Wheat] 4 models - Page 2 MEBNC49_t

I"ve also compared the body to the S24A (pale!) and S33B...

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague S48/S49 1/6 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable Female Body - Mid Chest and Legs [White Muscle/Wheat] 4 models - Page 2 MEBNC4H_t

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague S48/S49 1/6 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable Female Body - Mid Chest and Legs [White Muscle/Wheat] 4 models - Page 2 MEBNC7B_t

The skintone of the S49 is suntan and seems a little lighter than my older S33B, but it is largely in line with recent suntan releases from TBleague. So most suntan heads should be OK.

The S49 might be a good seamless replacement for typical jointed bodies from Very Cool or Poptoys. I have not tested clothes on it yet, but I expect that a lot of stuff might fit.

Note that the connectors on the body resemble the samller type found on S24/25.

Thanks for looking!

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
^ Thanks for those, so this model does look very much like a detached-feet version of the exclusively floppy-footed S34/35. An 'extra option' for that body type rather than an entirely new model, if you will. It certainly seems identical in every other respect, anyway. Hopefully TBL have learned that it's a wiser move to offer all options at once (as they are with the 46/47 model) going forward. Disappointing, though, that they're sticking with the smaller peg/connectors here.

Fingers crossed then that they'll do the same for S42/43 soon (effectively finally releasing the Viking Woman figure as a base body).

gooboo

Good pictures. Thanks.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for taking the trouble to make the photos, I'm sure they'll be very useful, especially for those still considering whether to get this body or not. I do like it, although I wish it were not quite this tall, and I think you picked a good sized head for it.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
GeeWillikers wrote:^ Thanks for those, so this model does look very much like a detached-feet version of the exclusively floppy-footed S34/35. An 'extra option' for that body type rather than an entirely new model, if you will. It certainly seems identical in every other respect, anyway. Hopefully TBL have learned that it's a wiser move to offer all options at once (as they are with the 46/47 model) going forward. Disappointing, though, that they're sticking with the smaller peg/connectors here.

Fingers crossed then that they'll do the same for S42/43 soon (effectively finally releasing the Viking Woman figure as a base body).

Unfortunately, I do not own a S35 body, so I cannot fully confirm your assumption. They do look similar, but the neck on the S49 is clearly longer than the one on the S35. There might be more subtle changes that are hard to spot without a side-by-side comparison.

Diana

Diana
Oooh! Super interesting! I wish Giantoy would update their body comparison picture. I had no idea the S49 was so short, at least when compared to the giant S33. This is a good thing. But I'm not a fan of the S33 proportions, and the S49 seems to be VERY similar. Also good to know.

THANK YOU! Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the photos, Randam. They are extremely helpful since those are two heads I'd considered using with them myself!

ETA: Oh, I forgot to ask -- are those the Miss Spetsnaz knock-off and the real VC version next to each other in those last pics?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

blackpool

blackpool
I'm just super confused with all the feet options described, split foot, detachable feet, without feet...???

Same with the "mid chest" and "legs" mentions...? What is it about?

All I see is another slender body with detachable feet in pale and suntan, without or without the headsculpt... Am I missing something lol?

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
blackpool wrote:I'm just super confused with all the feet options described, split foot, detachable feet, without feet...???

Same with the "mid chest" and "legs" mentions...? What is it about?

All I see is another slender body with detachable feet in pale and suntan, without or without the headsculpt... Am I missing something lol?

No, you are completely right.  NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague S48/S49 1/6 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable Female Body - Mid Chest and Legs [White Muscle/Wheat] 4 models - Page 2 1f600  NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague S48/S49 1/6 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable Female Body - Mid Chest and Legs [White Muscle/Wheat] 4 models - Page 2 1f600  NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague S48/S49 1/6 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable Female Body - Mid Chest and Legs [White Muscle/Wheat] 4 models - Page 2 1f600  There is nothing out of the ordinary here, except that TBLeague does not care about their very own numeration/order number system and product description. While A/B tags were recently used to distinguish "separate" and "attached" feet versions, for S48/49 there seems to be only an "A" version, which refers to the headless, separate feet version. Giantoy actually does not offer a version with attached feet at this point, which likely means they do not exist. S48 (pale) and S49 (suntan) without the "A" seems to refer to the versions with head sculpt (at least according to Giantoy). "mid chest" likely means mid-size bust, but I have no clue about the legs. Previously they distinguished between normal and muscular legs (cf. S22/S23), but here such version has not been advertised or released.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The attached feet version exists, but separately, as a previous model....the tbleague s34/35.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ralf, I'm pretty sure S22 and S23 differed from each other only in terms of skin tone (pale and "suntan"), additionally marked by the letters (S22A and S23B) -- but some time later the letters ceased to matter, then did again, so there is indeed inconsistency in their numbering of models.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks for the photos, Randam. They are extremely helpful since those are two heads I'd considered using with them myself!

ETA: Oh, I forgot to ask -- are those the Miss Spetsnaz knock-off and the real VC version next to each other in those last pics?

They are actually both original heads, but taken from the two released versions. The new VCF-2058 version is on the left, the original VCF-2052 on the S49 body on the right. I will also post photos of the new VCF-2058 head in the database shortly.

GubernatorFan wrote:Ralf, I'm pretty sure S22 and S23 differed from each other only in terms of skin tone (pale and "suntan"), additionally marked by the letters (S22A and S23B) -- but some time later the letters ceased to matter, then did again, so there is indeed inconsistency in their numbering of models.

Oh, my expression was not clear. I meant to say that the "strong/muscular leg"-label was previously used for S22/23 to distinguish them from other bodies (mostly S20/21 released at the same point of time). Sorry for any confusion.

blackpool

blackpool
Randam Hajile wrote:
No, you are completely right.  NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague S48/S49 1/6 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable Female Body - Mid Chest and Legs [White Muscle/Wheat] 4 models - Page 2 1f600  NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague S48/S49 1/6 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable Female Body - Mid Chest and Legs [White Muscle/Wheat] 4 models - Page 2 1f600  NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague S48/S49 1/6 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable Female Body - Mid Chest and Legs [White Muscle/Wheat] 4 models - Page 2 1f600  There is nothing out of the ordinary here, except that TBLeague does not care about their very own numeration/order number system and product description. While A/B tags were recently used to distinguish "separate" and "attached" feet versions, for S48/49 there seems to be only an "A" version, which refers to the headless, separate feet version. Giantoy actually does not offer a version with attached feet at this point, which likely means they do not exist. S48 (pale) and S49 (suntan) without the "A" seems to refer to the versions with head sculpt (at least according to Giantoy). "mid chest" likely means mid-size bust, but I have no clue about the legs. Previously they distinguished between normal and muscular legs (cf. S22/S23), but here such version has not been advertised or released.

Thanks for clarifying bro! (I come from a time with plastic skeletons and big/medium/small breast, when they were still calling a cat a cat... Mid chest, I thought it was some new articulation point located middle of torso or something lol)

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I received one of these myself today and aside from a few slight differences it's the same basic body as S34/35.

The neck is indeed slightly longer as Randam observed though, in that there is more 'flesh' on it, and the figure seems very slightly taller than an S35 (which I think is purely down to the detachable feet being bulkier than the seamless ones). The skintone on this also seems slightly more 'grey' in hand (but that will obviously change with time and anyway I'm not sure I can accurately recall the exact skintone of the S35 straight out of the box).

The tweaks don't extend to improving the basic build, however - this has exactly the same limited elbow rotation as an S35 (the lower arms don't rotate outwards very far unless you first manipulate the shoulder on its own socket first), although the skin at the elbows thankfully seems much thicker than on the S35.

While I only own a single S35 myself and the flaws I note might not apply to all of them, I also had some problems with one of the wrist pegs on that model when changing the hands around. I haven't been brave enough (or indeed had the spare time) to try swapping the hands and then possibly having to fiddle around trying to get the peg reattached on this model yet.

I suppose if you already like the S34/35 and/or can accept its shortcomings, this is a perfectly fine - possibly even preferable - extra option.

I find it interesting, though, that TBL are attempting to pass this off as a 'new' body type when it clearly isn't. But I suppose they already did the same thing with the S01/02 and the S18/19.

One more thing - if TBL are going to continue to include 'underwear' with their base bodies, I wish they'd just put them in a bag and leave them off the body. The top was tied so tightly on this body that it's left some pretty ugly indents on the back and sides of it (hopefully they'll disappear with time).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the analysis, GW. And I hope the underwear lines disappear. On the other hand, it is nice that they do provide it in the first place, but you're right, they shouldn't have to damage the body in the process.

48NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague S48/S49 1/6 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable Female Body - Mid Chest and Legs [White Muscle/Wheat] 4 models - Page 2 Empty TBLeague "New Bodies Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:15 pm

LLMAN112

GeeWillikers wrote:I received one of these myself today and aside from a few slight differences it's the same basic body as S34/35.

I find it interesting, though, that TBL are attempting to pass this off as a 'new' body type when it clearly isn't. But I suppose they already did the same thing with the S01/02 and the S18/19.

Hi all, I'm new to this forum.  Stumbled across this thread while searching for new 1/6 scale products and felt compelled to chime in. [Super-quick profile: my main interest is 1/6 female figure customs. I strongly prefer seamless ankle / attached feet, though I do own several detachable foot models as well.]

Anyway: GeeWillikers, I notice that TBleague has done that a few times. They did it in the instance you named and they did it again with the S46 & S47 models, which are merely modified S42 & S43 bodies - I know because I own all four models - the only real difference being the upper torso / breast area (smaller on the 46/47).  So I wouldn't be at all surprised if the S48/49s are just slightly modified S34/35s with detachable feet.  Either way, since as I stated in my brief intro I lean more towards the attached / seamless foot versions, I almost certainly won't be buying the S48 & 49. (And yes, I do also own the S34, -34A, -35, & -35A.  Each is slated for a different custom I'm creating.)

To be honest, though, I sort of get why TBL does that and it doesn't particularly bother me. These days, everyone's about cutting corners to save $$ wherever possible.  The folks at TBL are probably thinking, why reinvent the wheel when with just a few minor tweaks here and there we can instantly boost our sales?  And I especially could see them doing that with their most popular models.  It's a darn-near sure thing.  Beyond that, perhaps they received lots of requests for detachable foot versions of the S34 / S35 and responded to the demand.

That's why, along those lines, I hope they do the reverse with the S16A/17B, S20A/21B & S22A/S23B models: all of those are strickly detachable foot models which I really wish were available in seamless / attached foot versions.  I prefer a much smoother leg look and that ugly seam at the ankle - as exacerbated by the metal skeleton frequently peeking out underneath, even under stockings - seriously detracts from the smooth, sexy, elegant looks I want to achieve.  The 20/21/22/23 models are the main prototypes for most superheroine / licensed character bodies, so I understand the practicality of the detachable feet for that special purpose: they facilitate simulated "boots."  And that's why I also have a few of those models in my collection.  Nevertheless, I'd still very much welcome having the option to create a smoother, seamless look for bare-skinned or normally garbed versions of some of those very same heroines /licensed characters.  (Or just for a very well-toned generic "civilian" custom!) It would then be the best of both worlds, yes? Very Happy

Anyone else feel similarly?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
^ Concerning the differences between the S42/43 and S46/47 models, I don't personally think those differences are as minimal as you do - it's not just the bust size, the legs also seem to be differently shaped, for one thing. The differences are subtle, yes, but I think they're just enough to justify them being considered as different - but similar - models. But then I also think that the design tweak on the S22/23 should have had some kind of label to differentiate it from the older models (if only so that those who hate that tweak can avoid it). Like you I won't be buying (more) S48/49s, but for different reasons - the poor quality control on the build (since my review I tried changing over the right hand, to be confronted with exactly the same wrist peg issue as the S34/35).

It's all a matter of degrees of opinion, though, we all have different requirements in this hobby and no-one is right or wrong about it. As for seamless vs non-seamless feet, I think the S04-S09 & S16-S23 models should be made available in all options for those that want them, and it's heartening to see that with the S46-S49 models TBL seem to be learning that lesson and I hope they can stick to that plan for the future. Hopefully they'll also rectify the issue with the S42/43 as they did with the S34/35 soon, by finally releasing the detachable-footed Viking Woman as a base body (waves at Ovy)  Very Happy

My own preference is for detachable feet for purely practical reasons, but I also appreciate variety and (the less realistic anime bodies aside) I try and get at least one base body in every available option.

Welcome aboard  Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I prefer my figures to be able to stand and to have options to change shoes, hence my preference for the detachable feet. But of course I would agree that the attached, true seamless ankle look is visually better. I think they should make every body they produce in the respective variants: pale and suntan (and more) and seamless ankle and detachable feet. It would be slightly better if they could figure out how to make the seamless ankle bodies actually be able to stand.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum