OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

possible new TBL chunky body

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1possible new TBL chunky body Empty New phicen body? Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:32 am

csyeung

csyeung
possible new TBL chunky body 13162510

I posted a link to some pics of new stuff at Wonderfest 2021 in the wonderfest2020 thread. I saw this picture of some tbleague bodies. Looks like a new thicker body or is it one of their older ones?

2possible new TBL chunky body Empty possible new TBL chunky body Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:06 pm

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
saw this on facebook shared by tony of The perfect figure toys, it might be a new body from tbleague. i don't have any info, but i'm sure soon there will be some details.

possible new TBL chunky body 199823825_10159687063159349_3925890385955990826_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=dNI84LemkfgAX8R4F5X&tn=uxv9p7GwXbeFD_ot&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1

3possible new TBL chunky body Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:52 pm

johntamph

Saw this too, finding fitting head might be difficult.

4possible new TBL chunky body Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:31 pm

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
johntamph wrote:Saw this too, finding fitting head might be difficult.
i'm hoping the pictured head is offered, as i like the look of it.

5possible new TBL chunky body Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:10 am

johntamph

Cobratrooper11 wrote:
i'm hoping the pictured head is offered, as i like the look of it.

That head looks similar to heads that came with S38/39.

6possible new TBL chunky body Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:27 am

gooboo

Looks like the s38/s39, but with thicker upper arms and thighs. Not sure why they would make another one so similar to the s38 instead of something more unique.

7possible new TBL chunky body Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:44 am

johntamph

They should at least put some of the plump from the breasts to the midsection instead

8possible new TBL chunky body Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:21 am

Delanie

Delanie
Oh no not a bigger chest, grr its the whole body shape that needs to change not the breasts!

9possible new TBL chunky body Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:25 am

Saturn

Saturn
gooboo wrote:Looks like the s38/s39, but with thicker upper arms and thighs.

I agree, it does look like a "ripped" S38. But the headsculpt can be interesting.

10possible new TBL chunky body Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:41 am

Saturn

Saturn

I think the head might not be that difficult (Super Duck heads are relatively large), but finding the right clothing will be much more challenging.

11possible new TBL chunky body Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:27 am

gooboo

Another picture from BBICN. From this photo it looks like there's more muscle tone on the upper arms and legs.

possible new TBL chunky body Tb113

Something still looks a little strange about this figure to me, but the photos I've seen so far haven't been great for details and such.

12possible new TBL chunky body Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:43 am

Saturn

Saturn
gooboo wrote:Another picture from BBICN. From this photo it looks like there's more muscle tone on the upper arms and legs.

I think only a comparison picture with the S38 will tell us more precisely. In this picture, however, the body type is quite realistic.

There are other interesting aspects to the picture. It may not be a new product, but the body does the split seems to be quite well proportioned too.

13possible new TBL chunky body Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:10 pm

gooboo

It might be that the head in the picture looks too small for the body, to me at least.

14possible new TBL chunky body Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:16 pm

csyeung

csyeung
possible new TBL chunky body 00001810

another closer shot on bbicn

15possible new TBL chunky body Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:17 pm

Saturn

Saturn
The second 1/6 female body on the left would be new? The small breasts and lifelike proportions make it very interesting - just those damn seamless feet...

possible new TBL chunky body 230128cdqawqqiwdqi77qi

16possible new TBL chunky body Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:23 pm

Saturn

Saturn
csyeung wrote:possible new TBL chunky body 00001810

another closer shot on bbicn

Very beautiful face and in this picture it looks proportionate to this body. Maybe I will be looking forward to it after all? Cool

17possible new TBL chunky body Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:33 pm

gooboo

The second 1/6 female body on the left would be new? The small breasts and lifelike proportions make it very interesting - just those damn seamless feet... wrote:

It kind of looks like the Month body with the more realistic proportions and smaller breasts, although the Month body doesn't have seamless feet.

It also looks like the figure on the far left of the picture is the Viking Woman body? Maybe this is confirmation they'll finally do a general release at some point.

18possible new TBL chunky body Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:33 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This could make a good base body for Gina Carano.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

possible new TBL chunky body C8485110

19possible new TBL chunky body Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:45 pm

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
It looks like a slightly curvier, thicker-limbed S38/39 with a smaller head (I tried a smaller head on one of mine and it looked very similar) . The bust doesn't look any bigger to me - it's the way that the arm is positioned giving it some 'uplift'.

EDIT: Ah! I might know what it is - is it 'chunkier', but also taller?

Saturn wrote:The second 1/6 female body on the left would be new? The small breasts and lifelike proportions make it very interesting - just those damn seamless feet...

possible new TBL chunky body 230128cdqawqqiwdqi77qi

Looks very much like the 'Monthu' body with a change of skintone. Very Happy  And seamless feet.  Crying or Very sad

On the plus side - the 44 & 45 here have seamless feet, which they seem to have reconsidered before it went into production, so there is hope.

It's interesting to see the differences on these 'prototypes' pictured here - the chunkier 38/39, the 42/43 with detachable feet, what looks like a pale 'Monthu' body - and nearly all of them are better than the finished released models.

At least it looks like the 'Monthu' body type might actually be set for mass production at some point.

I really do hope that what appears to be a 1/12 version of the 38/39 at far right isn't going to be what finally makes me take the plunge into that scale. I'm poor enough as it is thanks TBL. Neutral

20possible new TBL chunky body Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:04 pm

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
csyeung wrote:possible new TBL chunky body 13162510

This new body shape looks pretty awesome, though I'm almost certain it's gonna be a pain to find compatible clothing for it, at least initially. Now is it me, or do the arms look a bit too short? Look at the body right next to it, specially if you look where the wrists are, the thin body's arm length is longer than the thicker body. Both bodies' knees, hips and shoulder heights seem to match, except for the wrists. I thought it could be the angle of the arm, but in the other pic shown in this thread gives me the same impression of a shorter arm.

21possible new TBL chunky body Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:13 pm

gooboo

From that picture the arms do look a little short to me, but it could also be the angle the arms are placed at. Won't really know for sure until they release promotional photos for the figure, should they ever make it.

22possible new TBL chunky body Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:58 pm

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
There is a bit of an optical illusion caused by perspective, but aside from that it's a little of both - the 'chunky' body's arms are a mite too short while the (what looks like an S07) body's arms are a mite too long.

It's only a matter of small degrees but TBL need to keep trying for a compromise.

As for if they'll release it, I think it's just an unfinalised prototype for the 38/39 (if not it's far too close to it to make sense), so it already is on the market.

Maybe just maybe, it's a refined second edition?

23possible new TBL chunky body Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:16 pm

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
GeeWillikers wrote:There is a bit of an optical illusion caused by perspective, but aside from that it's a little of both - the 'chunky' body's arms are a mite too short while the (what looks like an S07) body's arms are a mite too long.

It's only a matter of small degrees but TBL need to keep trying for a compromise.

As for if they'll release it, I think it's just an unfinalised prototype for the 38/39 (if not it's far too close to it to make sense), so it already is on the market.

Maybe just maybe, it's a refined second edition?

doesn't look like an S39, and i have one. looks like it is taller to some degree and even bulkier.

24possible new TBL chunky body Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:48 pm

bunnyfreakz

bunnyfreakz
That's fat body. Prolly some people will find it useful but defiinitelly not for me.

25possible new TBL chunky body Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:07 am

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Cobratrooper11 wrote:doesn't look like an S39, and i have one. looks like it is taller to some degree and even bulkier.

It certainly doesn't look exactly like the finished 38/39, that's true (I've got four of them). And all the differences you've noted are definitely there (I noticed myself that it looks taller, a few posts back). It could be an early prototype for it that they've chosen to put on display, for whatever reason. Or, it could be a new bulked-up design tweak on the original issue in the same way the S23 was redesigned after a while. The head sculpt is certainly an improvement.

It does have it's own dedicated product card though, which must mean something. It would help if someone could translate that (if the characters are decipherable at that resolution).

Ohh, wait...maybe it's the mysterious 'missing' S40/41 model (which you'd assume would directly follow on from 38/39 but hasn't yet appeared) - a taller but bulkier 'caucasian' version of 38/39...?

It's all very puzzling, but whatever it is exactly I guess I'll take one if they release it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum