OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)*

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Illusion

Illusion
Welcome to the world of the beautiful, the rich and the beautifully rich.

Welcome to THE GLOSS, the private night club in Violaine DeLuca's corporate empire where the boundaries between Violaine's and Violet's businesses become blurry.

Today's special guest is Robert Banks, aka Billy B., the eternal number 2 in both corporate business and crime. Billy had to learn his lesson the hard way and has finally accepted not to cause any trouble anymore and to settle in his position as number 2.

In case anyone is interested to refresh their knowledge of Violaine/Violet, here's the thread with her story:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3765-violaine-de-luca-vicious-violet-new-recruit-asmus-toys-devil-may-cry-v

Today I can't offer any pictured story yet, just stills from different perspectives. I hope the future will also bring stories. At least that is what the dio has been intended for.

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 52057065585_0fb393fbc7_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 52056611148_925f3007fc_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 52057065390_60d241971b_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 52056611088_ff77d91545_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 52055530942_b9eb2a0b7e_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 52056577081_5a0e371bf0_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 52056577021_57245e913e_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 52057065035_c43968c411_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 52056812869_d494577134_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 52056812794_2b8c9db27c_b

THE GLOSS is my first "real" diorama, the first time I have set up a room that is there to stay and has not been just losely composed based on whatever the drawers and cupboards provide. Measures are about 110x60x60cm. It is just a lot of printed cardboard, glitter sheets, fairy lights and - of course - some beads Wink, but I am really pleased with the outcome, probably most of all I am happy that I finally did attack such a dio and finished it.
What interior items did I do myself:
- the counter and chairs
- the shelves
- the "fridge sideboard" at the back with the sink
- the "mirror" based on a photo frame
- the Gloss sign
- painted the wine rack (it was pink, what else...)

The idea was to produce something versatile, a living room or bar - I think the outcome can serve both purposes... also considering that the area in front of the window (yes, it is supposed to be a window Wink ) can be furnished differently.

2 acknowledgments: my thanks go to
- local artist Michael B. who agreed to exhibit one of his paintings (or rather a part of one as the original is much larger)
- Joshua Newton, who posted his picture of Manhattan on Unsplash.com to download and use for free.

a couple of further pics of the room:

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 52056573121_5a68bcafe7_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 52056809279_a0d3619c80_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 52055527452_1b1996b058_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 52056573316_399fcc078b_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 52057061600_1d4ba24f43_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 52056573456_9d615c554d_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 52056573276_45a8fbab71_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 52056607093_83c3f9454b_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 52056573756_39ee023320_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 52057061875_434df0e3a9_b

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The diorama is absolutely gorgeous, and so are your characters. Love the details, the scope, the scale. Excellent light features, too. Perhaps some of the leaning poses can be developed further, but otherwise everything works so beautifully. I look forward to whatever stories play out here -- or just the silent but absorbing footage of the security cameras, whatever is available. Smile

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Brilliant work! I like all the little details that you have put into the diorama. The photography is excellent, too. -- If you consider this diorama building at the beginner-level, I'm definitively excited about your next projects. Smile

valentin

valentin
It's really cool. I really dig those utensils(the shaker, the cups, etc)

The chairs/bar stools are really nicely done up. Quite sleek.

davidd

davidd
Spectacularly impressive! A truly glamorous setting for an even more glamorous group of high-rollers!

You truly have an eye (and a crafting talent) for modern elegant interiors!

I would not have expected the pink wine rack to look so good with the doors removed and painted a muted silvery-grey! I just tossed one of those out last week, figuring I'd never get around to doing anything with it. I now wish I'd kept it.

The lights under the front edge of the counter look fantastic! The accessories on the back bar counter are perfect!

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I am absolutely blown away by this.   Your screen name is certainly apropos, because I keep looking at all of the individual objects thinking “Is that a real three dimensional object?  Nah, it can’t be.  It’s got to be a backdrop of some sort.”  Then I see the object in another photo from a different angle and think “Wow.  It really IS a three dimensional object!”.

This looks like a complete, high-end diorama that came in a very expensive box with specific directions on where everything should be placed.  I just can’t even fathom how you put it all together with all of those individually purchased or individually created items, and that’s not even touching on the figures themselves which deserve several more paragraphs of praise in their own right.

I wish I could think of a more eloquent way to say it, but I’m impressed as hell.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh my goodness, this is incredible! A very glamourous dio indeed, perfectly suited to your collection of figures and the Violane/Violet storyline. The construction and composition of it is beautifully done, and lighting really adds to the overall mood. I think it's good that you kept it somewhat sparse as it gives it that sleek modern vibe and also allows a bit of space for the characters to leisurely mingle. Speaking of which, your beadwork designs really shine here.

And omg, is that an Ovy original hanging on the wall???!!!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Illusion

Illusion
Thank so much everyone for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment!
I am happy you are enjoying it too.

GubernatorFan wrote:The diorama is absolutely gorgeous, and so are your characters. Love the details, the scope, the scale. Excellent light features, too. Perhaps some of the leaning poses can be developed further, but otherwise everything works so beautifully. I look forward to whatever stories play out here -- or just the silent but absorbing footage of the security cameras, whatever is available. Smile

Thank you! Appreciate you like it. Yes, I need to work on my posing - I have given it a try this time but I grew impatient... Violaine kept falling off her chair and I had been about to kick her out of her own club. (Also Kiki, the black haired lady, wears only second best shoes and jewelry, but I did not want to wait with pics to make something better for her... got postponed)
The footage of the security cameras is a sleek idea. You just have such a wealth of ideas...

Randam Hajile wrote:Brilliant work! I like all the little details that you have put into the diorama. The photography is excellent, too. -- If you consider this diorama building at the beginner-level, I'm definitively excited about your next projects. Smile

Thank you so much. It is a beginner-level considering the materials used. Just carboard, adhesive glitter sheets, a bit of acrylic colour and these acryl glass (?) pieces, that had been the biggest challenge (to cut into the required pieces). No molding, no clay, no sculpting, no wood work, no advanced application of colours...
I'd say I just achieved a pretty good look based on a comparatively low input or with less complex means.
Not sure, I will attack further dios. I don't know where to put them. But I really feel an itch for a structured floor and wall for my Throne of Thorns that could go into a cabinet.

valentin wrote:It's really cool. I really dig those utensils(the shaker, the cups, etc)

The chairs/bar stools are really nicely done up. Quite sleek.

Thank you! I suppose many of us collect various utensils over the years that can eventually fit nicely into a scene/specific environment. And anything to do with drinks and food is especially versatile.
The bar stools may not be very comfortable and might not work very well in real life, but who cares... the figures have to do with what we assign to them. tongue

davidd wrote:Spectacularly impressive! A truly glamorous setting for an even more glamorous group of high-rollers!

You truly have an eye (and a crafting talent) for modern elegant interiors!

I would not have expected the pink wine rack to look so good with the doors removed and painted a muted silvery-grey! I just tossed one of those out last week, figuring I'd never get around to doing anything with it. I now wish I'd kept it.

The lights under the front edge of the counter look fantastic! The accessories on the back bar counter are perfect!

Thanks so much. Happy you enjoy the details. As I am also collecting Fashion Dolls, I wanted a dio that I could use for them as well. So it had to „shine“.

I started with the front counter. I thought, if I don’t get it to look anywhere decent, I will not pursue this project any further. But I had been really happy how it turned out with the lights and had been eager to continue.

I got those wine racks from the US – and paid an insane amount with shipping and customs. Considering their quality… I had been after the bottles that came with it rather than the rack itself. Today I know I can get tons of bottles at AliExpress at a fraction of the price.   lol!
I had never painted any furniture before (not really my cup of tea. I am a very reluctant painter.) – but these Barbie & Co items can appear so differently with a little colour…
Pity you tossed your rack…

Xavion2004 wrote:I am absolutely blown away by this.   Your screen name is certainly apropos, because I keep looking at all of the individual objects thinking “Is that a real three dimensional object?  Nah, it can’t be.  It’s got to be a backdrop of some sort.”  Then I see the object in another photo from a different angle and think “Wow.  It really IS a three dimensional object!”.

This looks like a complete, high-end diorama that came in a very expensive box with specific directions on where everything should be placed.  I just can’t even fathom how you put it all together with all of those individually purchased or individually created items, and that’s not even touching on the figures themselves which deserve several more paragraphs of praise in their own right.

I wish I could think of a more eloquent way to say it, but I’m impressed as hell.

Well, thank you so much for your enthusiasm and having a close look around – I guess I am a bit embarrassed now as it sounds like too much praise for what it really is.

But as I really enjoy this thing (irrespective of  the aspects I could have done differently to add realism but had been to lazy to do so), I am really very happy about anyone who enjoys it too.

Thanks as well for liking my crew and type of figures!

skywalkersaga wrote:Oh my goodness, this is incredible! A very glamourous dio indeed, perfectly suited to your collection of figures and the Violane/Violet storyline. The construction and composition of it is beautifully done, and lighting really adds to the overall mood. I think it's good that you kept it somewhat sparse as it gives it that sleek modern vibe and also allows a bit of space for the characters to leisurely mingle. Speaking of which, your beadwork designs really shine here.

And omg, is that an Ovy original hanging on the wall???!!!

Thank you Sky, I am happy you like it too. Well, yes, keeping it sparse felt like the right thing for this kind of modern style. As much as I adore all the posters and pictures on the walls of other peoples‘ bar or other type dioramas (key word: fridge magnets), I feel it would not make much sense in this set-up (which of course also serves me being too lazy to produce magnets, posters and pictures, weathering of furniture …)
I may add something above the sink, though… and I am thinking of a couple of other additions/ alternative decorations.

And yes, very well identified Very Happy : the painting is by Ovy (it is a simple print of a picture of one of his paintings – the upper half of it, that is).

Ephiane

Ephiane
A little piece of art. The paintings are suberb. All around give the illusion to me of a real place, i want to be. I´m really intrested in the characters. The Guy with the tatoos and sandals is very cool. Must see more of him.

Illusion

Illusion
Ephiane wrote:A little piece of art. The paintings are suberb. All around give the illusion to me of a real place, i want to be. I´m really intrested in the characters. The Guy with the tatoos and sandals is very cool. Must see more of him.

Thank you Ephiane! Given that the style of your creations tends to be so different from this, I really appreciate you like it that much too.
The tatooed guy is V from the game "Devil may Cry - part V". There are some more pics of him in post 20 in this thread:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3765-violaine-de-luca-vicious-violet-new-recruit-asmus-toys-devil-may-cry-v

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
So completely in love with how this came out.  It really captures the atmosphere of a posh NYC bar (it actually reminds me of a nice hotel bar in NYC I went to once).  And everything came together so well.  All of the lighting effects give the whole room such a cool vibe, and work so well to naturally light the room.  Light up stools, the under-bar lights, the candles, and the lit up art all look so natural, and really sell the look.  This may be my favorite shot, as the lighting has the perfect feel:

Seeing Michael's art there so fits, and the skyline view really sells the cool highrise bar feel.  And the beer taps look excellent (and I'd love to hear how they were made)!  Can't wait to see what stories unfold here.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! What a great space. Everything works so well together — from the sink/bar to the funky stools. Very well done. And all the eclectic and differing characters. Very impressive.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
So happy your figures finally have a place to live, relax and chill!

- the classy tidiness makes it a great contrast to beautifully cluttered bars we have seen here, so are the sharp dressed guests

- such a gleamy glossy mood, the room lit with just it's glowy LED items looks very atmospheric. Makes me want to see a static video of it with just some music droning and just some light decently flickering.

- The Sink Light is my favourite. If it was UV-light one could develop cleaning OCD, though. Laughing

- I like how everything is black, white, grey and industrial, even the cat and equipment. But the bottles and plants give it life and color. (The people too, of course)

- keep the fat cat! Call her Glossy or something. Glossy Cat.

- The skyline/window worked out surprisingly well, the red State Building tip is a nice contrast.  Is the One on the left Neo?

- Speaking of Neo, really like how Jonathan W's much taller stature becomes timid and seems to fade into the background next to Violaine's bossness.

- I love how the flacons look like those tiny mannequins! Gives me some surreal Chirico/Magritte/Samuel Bak vibes

- the tiny skull  Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 1f60d

- Really like the frame you found for that painting

- The table is some minimalist masterpiece, I liked it even more once I knew the story behing it.

Chip

It looks superb , and must of cost you a tidy sum , well worth it . I like the different lighting sets involved , and the figures and posing are superb too .

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I keep coming back to look at this one. It's an absolute feast for the eyes! Truly incredible work!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

blackpool

blackpool
Fabulous work! I really love that sophisticated lounge bar! John Wick fits perfectly!

Illusion

Illusion
ReverendSpooky wrote:So completely in love with how this came out.  It really captures the atmosphere of a posh NYC bar (it actually reminds me of a nice hotel bar in NYC I went to once).  And everything came together so well.  All of the lighting effects give the whole room such a cool vibe, and work so well to naturally light the room.  Light up stools, the under-bar lights, the candles, and the lit up art all look so natural, and really sell the look.  This may be my favorite shot, as the lighting has the perfect feel:

Seeing Michael's art there so fits, and the skyline view really sells the cool highrise bar feel.  And the beer taps look excellent (and I'd love to hear how they were made)!  Can't wait to see what stories unfold here.

Thank you very much. I appreciate your feedback and if it comes any close to the actual vibe of  the 1:1 role models/inspirations, I am extra satisfied. 😉 The lights really are the key to this and I had been determined to bring as many in as I could without having too much wire around. (I actually have a check list so as not to forget to switch them all on before taking pics… knowing myself, I inevitably would only notice when selecting pics on the PC that at least one of the lights is not switched on. Rolling Eyes )
As for the beer tap: that was one of the very rare occasions a totally unrelated 1:1 item all of a sudden screamed to me what it wanted to be in the 1:6 world. I had wanted to try a dio like this for a very long time before eventually starting it in December 2021. When I had been clearing in our cellar in early 2021, I came across a defect towel holder I had kept in case I could use the rods. And at this moment I thought: this will be the beer tap.
This is how it looks on the wall (we still have the same design): Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 20220508_130012v3kwj
Unfortunately I do not have any WIP pictures (shame on me), but I suppose you can see it.
To increase its height, I added a piece of a fizzy tablet packaging (these plastic rolls) underneath. The handles are various beads on wire.

Stryker2011 wrote:Wow! What a great space. Everything works so well together — from the sink/bar to the funky stools. Very well done. And all the eclectic and differing characters. Very impressive.
Thank you so much for leaving a line and liking it! I plan to shortly take a pic with a group of fashion dolls. They should work very well in there too.

Ovy wrote:So happy your figures finally have a place to live, relax and chill!

- the classy tidiness makes it a great contrast to beautifully cluttered bars we have seen here, so are the sharp dressed guests
- such a gleamy glossy mood, the room lit with just it's glowy LED items looks very atmospheric. Makes me want to see a static video of it with just some music droning and just some light decently flickering.
- The Sink Light is my favourite. If it was UV-light one could develop cleaning OCD, though. Laughing
- I like how everything is black, white, grey and industrial, even the cat and equipment. But the bottles and plants give it life and color. (The people too, of course)
- keep the fat cat! Call her Glossy or something. Glossy Cat.
- The skyline/window worked out surprisingly well, the red State Building tip is a nice contrast.  Is the One on the left Neo?
- Speaking of Neo, really like how Jonathan W's much taller stature becomes timid and seems to fade into the background next to Violaine's bossness.
- I love how the flacons look like those tiny mannequins! Gives me some surreal Chirico/Magritte/Samuel Bak vibes
- the tiny skull  Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 1f60d
- Really like the frame you found for that painting
- The table is some minimalist masterpiece, I liked it even more once I knew the story behing it.

Thank you, Michael for having a close look around. 😊
Nice idea with the video – the decision what music to play would already be too much for me… I guess you would have an instant idea that would stick.
The sink light… yeah, kind of a last minute idea that I had kept from you and Simon so as the two of you would see SOMEthing new… The sink seemed terribly deep to me when I did it – now I am glad it is. drunken
Yes, the cat is there to stay now (note to everyone else: it is a new acquisition and I had not been convinced at first. Had thought about returning it to the shop. But given its fit with the sofa… cat )
Yes, the One is Neo.
Nice to know that Violaine still works with you 😊
Well, the bottles on the mirror hold the real „good stuff“.
I am glad you approve of the frame. And thanks again that I may use the painting. I think it really is an excellent fit and looks cool in there.
In case anyone wonders about the table now: It is just a tiny story: I got it in a box of various items a fellow collector sold off. Picked it at random because I thought it might make a good table… and was immediately convinced. Thought that the asymmetry of the top glass plate was rather neat and edgy and a perfect fit… then I looked more closely and … found out that the glass is broken. This crescent form is missing rather than being part of the design. But this did not harm my enthusiasm for it.
(It is an upside down tea candle holder – there is glass dish for fragrances that belongs on top.)

Chip wrote:It looks superb , and must of cost you a tidy sum , well worth it . I like the different lighting sets involved , and the figures and posing are superb too .
Thank you! Well, as you bring it up… I don’t think it was any more expensive than an average dio. Actually most of the furniture and accessories had been in my drawers and cupboards anyway. So the question would be whether to count them in or not. (As mentioned above, the wine rack I got because it came with the liquor bottles struck me as expensive because of the US shipping and custom fees... but otherwise... mostly reasonable I'd say.)
As I had to buy the primer and colours for the wine rack (other folks just have those around), these expenses „hurt“ a little more as I hate storing stuff I might never use again… but we will see. Maybe I will start to bring home Barbie furniture from flea markets to upcycle them… and the various lights are from „Dollar“ – or rather „Euro“ stores…

skywalkersaga wrote:I keep coming back to look at this one. It's an absolute feast for the eyes! Truly incredible work!
What better compliment than when people come back for a second or more looks. Thank you!!!

blackpool wrote:Fabulous work! I really love that sophisticated lounge bar! John Wick fits perfectly!
Thank you very much. I quite obviously had the likes of him in mind when making my plans for the set-up.

Here‘s a pic from behind the counter that I had forgotten to post… Rolling Eyes

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 52057061195_539de6f34c_b

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Illusion wrote:

Randam Hajile wrote:Brilliant work! I like all the little details that you have put into the diorama. The photography is excellent, too. -- If you consider this diorama building at the beginner-level, I'm definitively excited about your next projects. Smile

Thank you so much. It is a beginner-level considering the materials used. Just carboard, adhesive glitter sheets, a bit of acrylic colour and these acryl glass (?) pieces, that had been the biggest challenge (to cut into the required pieces). No molding, no clay, no sculpting, no wood work, no advanced application of colours...
I'd say I just achieved a pretty good look based on a comparatively low input or with less complex means.
Not sure, I will attack further dios. I don't know where to put them. But I really feel an itch for a structured floor and wall for my Throne of Thorns that could go into a cabinet.

IMHO your work on this diorama is excellent, no matter how easy it seemed to handle those materials. I have little experience in diorama building, but I feel that the composition and overall layout is most critical to any diorama. You really excelled here and can be proud of your brilliant dio!  12 of 10 points on my personal diorama rating scale  Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 1f60b

Concerning a ground plate for the Throne of Thorns: I used a simple styroform plate and covered it with grey modelling concrete (Noch Modellbahn Fels-Spachtelmasse) as a base. The greyish color fits the throne very well, as you can see from my older pics (don't want to repost here). This was only 10 min work...

Allotropos

Allotropos
There is just not enough pictures to look at all the details !
Simply awesome set up - the lighting, props and layout just works so well and I am envious that you have THAT much space for this dio !
What's it gonna take to get me an invite to this snazzy place ??

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Love that behind the bar photo. Nice attention to detail.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice behind the counter shot -- and work. It not only looks great, but it is a true all-around 3D environment here, which makes it all the more impressive.

Diana

Diana
Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 1f60d

This is soooo impressive! Wow! What a beautiful place. Feels very real and believable. Everything and everyone fits in. My respect. Smile

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Like others have already said that is one gorgeous diorama!

I love how your Ada figure is kick back in the corner just watching what going on.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Now that is a real nice glossy diorama. 
So much to discover, the illumination is just the icing on the cake. I love all the little details and objects. 

The ovy painting will be worth more than the mona lisa in a few years. 
The colors all harmonize pretty well

Now you have a great little place to show off some scenes of different characters.

For the making of the diorama itself - "just cardboard" - this reminds me of the discussion of "plastic vs die cast" on action figures. Sure diecast feels far more valuable, but do you really see the difference, when the figure is posing on the shelf or for pictures? 
So who needs to carve whole walls if you can just use cardboard? Unless you have fun with building dioramas that is (I enjoy making and gluing "stones") but for photography purposes, your solution is perfect as well.

The GLOSS is very well suited for your kind of figures Wink

Illusion

Illusion
Randam Hajile wrote:

IMHO your work on this diorama is excellent, no matter how easy it seemed to handle those materials. I have little experience in diorama building, but I feel that the composition and overall layout is most critical to any diorama. You really excelled here and can be proud of your brilliant dio!  12 of 10 points on my personal diorama rating scale  Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 1f60b
Concerning a ground plate for the Throne of Thorns: I used a simple styroform plate and covered it with grey modelling concrete (Noch Modellbahn Fels-Spachtelmasse) as a base. The greyish color fits the throne very well, as you can see from my older pics (don't want to repost here). This was only 10 min work...
Aaah – thanks so much!  12 out of 10 sounds like making my month rather than only my day …  cheers
As does any of all of everyone‘s kind comments actually… sunny
Thanks for encouraging me to try the floor/ground for the throne by pointing out that it was not that much work… I have some modelling clay left here and will get a grip on myself to try it in the not so distant future.

Allotropos wrote:There is just not enough pictures to look at all the details !
Simply awesome set up - the lighting, props and layout just works so well and I am envious that you have THAT much space for this dio !
What's it gonna take to get me an invite to this snazzy place ??
Thanks a lot! Let me know if you need a particular detail 😉 – well, space… I am also struggling a bit as regards THAT reoccuring issue… .
Well, invitations are sent to the insanely rich or the incredibly beautiful… Choose your category.  king  afro
(Going forward, I don’t rule out we will see some stranger characters showing up too.  geek  pirat )

Stryker2011 wrote:Love that behind the bar photo. Nice attention to detail.
Thanks for checking that out too!

GubernatorFan wrote:Very nice behind the counter shot -- and work. It not only looks great, but it is a true all-around 3D environment here, which makes it all the more impressive.
Thanks for taking the time to appreciate the little supplement.

Diana wrote: Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* 1f60d

This is soooo impressive! Wow! What a beautiful place. Feels very real and believable. Everything and everyone fits in. My respect. Smile
Thank you!! I am glad you enjoy my stuff once again.

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Like others have already said that is one gorgeous diorama!
I love how your Ada figure is kick back in the corner just watching what going on.
Thank you!! Nice, to pick out Ada… She’s actually Billy’s company rather than being part of Violaine’s crew – but as I could not bring her to stand by herself, she had to find a nice spot to lean to…

Valiarde wrote:Now that is a real nice glossy diorama.
So much to discover, the illumination is just the icing on the cake. I love all the little details and objects.
The ovy painting will be worth more than the mona lisa in a few years.
The colors all harmonize pretty well
Now you have a great little place to show off some scenes of different characters.
For the making of the diorama itself - "just cardboard" - this reminds me of the discussion of "plastic vs die cast" on action figures. Sure diecast feels far more valuable, but do you really see the difference, when the figure is posing on the shelf or for pictures?
So who needs to carve whole walls if you can just use cardboard? Unless you have fun with building dioramas that is (I enjoy making and gluing "stones") but for photography purposes, your solution is perfect as well.
The GLOSS is very well suited for your kind of figures Wink

Thank you – as you know my collection, you have an idea of what might be coming along.  Very Happy
I guess, I should get my hands on Ovy’s original then…
Yes, interesting thought how much effort is sufficient. Whenever possible, I am a big fan of the „MiniMax Principle“ – as much outcome as possible at the least possible input.

To repeat myself: thanks everyone for having a look and leaving a line. Your enthusiastic feedback is truly making my month… cheers bounce  cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum