OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing...

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Illusion

Illusion
As written elsewhere my 2022 advent calendar is set in THE GLOSS. To keep this in a separate thread, I repeat the overview pictures and information I posted elsewhere.

I am participating again in the advent calendar of a group of collectors, where everyone makes one or two little presents in the number of participants so that hopefully we end up with at least 24 different little somethings for everyone.

(This year 20 people thought of something they did (not buy) 20 copies of. (Ideally we would be 24 making 24 copies each, but only 20 participants signed up. Six of us made 2 presents each so that we ended up with 26 presents in total: 20 copies each of 26 different things)
Everyone sent their 20 copies to ONE person. This person repacks the parcels so that everyone gets one copy of each of the 26 different presents and sent them back to each participant.
We unpack the parcels kind of together each day in December and show pictures in a German forum. Some make funny stories around this and it was really very nice last year. Two participants are kind of detectives who try to guess which item was made by whom. That is also a little photo story each day.)

As I am taking pics on a daily basis of the contents of my 1/6 advent calendar, I just thought I may as well share them here. Some contents may be more fancy than others but of course this also greatly depends on personal preferences. Maybe some of you enjoy having a glimpse once in a while...  don't worry, I do not expect you to comment. Just hope you have a little fun running up to X-mas.

As the fashion dolls are easier to redress and as our group has a stronger focus on FD than AF, there will be mostly fashion dolls in the pics...

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 52511588087_a716712ffd_b

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 52511588342_1eb676e584_b

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 52512061176_80448c0caa_b

Illusion

Illusion
December 1st

Baby Groot has been ready to unbox number 1 since Nov 28:

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221201_0650495geum

a rocket !!!

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221201_06573547ebk

I had to correct: a lava lamp

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221201_0701135sefg

I am working on a little base to hide the light underneath. Should look nice eventually. This is just a test prototype:

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221201_075152y2f01

Illusion

Illusion
December 2nd

Shep found number 2 and brings it to Ivy whose skirt looks pretty similar to the parcel's wrapping.

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221202_0705162qd5g

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221202_070632djdm8

Froebel Stars / German Stars made from gift ribbon... well, 180 such stars require a certain patience...

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221202_070829fud1l

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221202_0712075ofet

Shep picks the biggest one

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221202_071009v0c1l

and Ivy puts in into the tree

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221202_071451gcec8

Illusion

Illusion
December 3rd

It's Penelope's turn

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221203_1202396cft7

She finds a comfy jeans bag.

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221203_12040707eb4

As it does not go well with Penelope's present outfit, Rose comes running to quickly model the bag.

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221203_121030ajitb

Illusion

Illusion
December 4th

Jessie joined Penelope for today's deboxing

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221204_1220128kc52

an amazing sweater...

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221204_122240c6cqn

(I still have to call for someone to try it on.)

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Nice setting Smile

ukshaun

ukshaun
I like the silver sparkle bar.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice collection of pics. This environment is so impressive, as are all your different figures and their looks. Pretty neat presents for all of them. That lava lamp is cool. Grout and the piglet sure seem impressed with it.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
I love how you incorporate the animals into your pics! The pics with groot are super awesome!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I am not sure why the separate thread. Of course Groot and the piglet are an overload of cuteness. I know it was technically pretty basic, but the dog with the bow was my favorite shot. Almost as if it was not only realistic, but even had a soul. Smile

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wonderful shots, So creative and natural looking. I enjoyed looking at them all.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Very cool presents! I like your presentation of the unpacking very much. Baby Groot is adorable (as usual). My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 1f60e

Illusion

Illusion
GubernatorFan wrote:I am not sure why the separate thread. Of course Groot and the piglet are an overload of cuteness. I know it was technically pretty basic, but the dog with the bow was my favorite shot. Almost as if it was not only realistic, but even had a soul. Smile

I did a separate thread to post the 26 presents on a daily basis. I did not want to add this in my original GLOSS thread, which is meant to reappear once in a while in case anything is happening or changing in the location. With the separate Advent thread, the advent calendar is separate from the rest and no one has to scroll over tons of X-mas pics at another time in year or if he/she is new to the Gloss thread and has a look around.

The pics are meant to be just basic mobile snapshots without taking the time for specific lightning or careful composition, just to have a quick peek at the presents‘ contents for anyone interested.
As I would enjoy seeing other folks‘ 1/6 calendar contents, I spontaneously decided to share mine here. Maybe there are others who are curious too… 
but as I said: no need for many comments/feedback. This would be too cumbersome given the similarity of the pics - and some presents may simply not be your kind of tea whereas you may like others or ideally even see something that inspires you to do it yourself. 

csyeung wrote:I love how you incorporate the animals into your pics! The pics with groot are super awesome!

Thank you Smile. This is how I try to add a bit of fun to the pics as I do not have the time to make short comics for each present (as some other participants do).

TravelGuide wrote:Nice setting Smile

Thank you!

ukshaun wrote:I like the silver sparkle bar.

Thank you Smile

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice collection of pics. This environment is so impressive, as are all your different figures and their looks. Pretty neat presents for all of them. That lava lamp is cool. Grout and the piglet sure seem impressed with it.

Thank you - yes, I think it was a good find for Groot; he might have had difficulties to try the sweater

BAMComix wrote:Wonderful shots, So creative and natural looking. I enjoyed looking at them all.

Great - Hope you keep having a peek once in a while until Christmas eve. Thank you!

Randam Hajile wrote:Very cool presents! I like your presentation of the unpacking very much. Baby Groot is adorable (as usual).  My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 1f60e

Thank you! See you back on a daily basis then *lol*
Groot is just my favourite. Always good for a broad smile.

December 5th

Lukas' turn to unbox another large present... he sure seems to be delighted about it  Rolling Eyes ...

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221205_102704smdzt

He did not quite immediately understand what it is...

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221205_102835uodcf

but he was relieved to find out that he did not have to try it on. He gladly passed it on to the four-legged inhabitants.

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221205_103155mvc40

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Aww! That last pic is adorable. Yeah, Lukas has a bit of the Grinch face going on — I’m guessing he’s not a fan of this holiday season…?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yeah, Lukas seems to have an attitude. By contrast, the cat and the piglet are the epitome of sweetness. Perhaps they will eventually share.

BAMComix

BAMComix
More amazing pics!

Diana

Diana
OMG that last shot is bursting with cuteness!  My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 1f60d

Illusion

Illusion
Thanks everyone!

I think Lukas‘ heart is already warming up towards Christmas. We will see whether it eventually takes one more cocktail for him to relax on Christmas eve.
Hope to share some more cuteness until then…  I love you

Today Zoe came over and got a very nicely wrapped present (well, the others had been very carefully wrapped too. I am just no good with wrapping paper and end up with less appealing results, so I am easily impressed with neat packaging.)

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221206_103143shf5k

there is a another package in the box!

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221206_103408yeef2

… and she got a new belt. As the colours agreed with her present outfit, she immediately put it on.

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221206_103628t8e5j

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221206_103900smcsy

(Other participants use it as necklace, which works too. But I know that it is intended to be a belt because I supported its creator with some ideas and advice cat  - no, it is not made by me. Wink )

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wow, great pressie!

ElBundy

ElBundy
Great photo thread! Nice waist belt on the last pics. I think have just ordered a similar one on the German online fashiondollz convention. Very Happy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool. I really like Zoe’s hairdo; reminds me of the ‘80s. That first pick brings us more cuteness. Nice job.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The pig and cats still steal the show! The packaging was lovely, indeed!

Ovy

Ovy
These pics are some of the few things that might get me in a hoilday mood this year, haha. And these pics are so varied already, and that only after six days.

Beautiful relaxed atmosphere, celebrating the shared religion connecting us all in peace: Toy collecting materialism. Razz

It's just such a neat idea to pull of this kind of event, the collective work, crafting, coordination, deadlines, everything has to be done right and everyone is rewarded for it in several ways.

Illusion

Illusion
BAMComix wrote:Wow, great pressie!

Thank you  santa

ElBundy wrote:Great photo thread! Nice waist belt on the last pics. I think have just ordered a similar one on the German online fashiondollz convention. Very Happy

Thank you. Glad you like the idea of sharing the pics!  Actually your belt is not made of beads but is a chain element. Hope it will fit one of your girls.

Stryker2011 wrote:Very cool. I really like Zoe’s hairdo; reminds me of the ‘80s. That first pick brings us more cuteness. Nice job.

Thank you. I immediately liked this Barbie. There have been some surprisingly nice Barbies lately. Until last year I had totally ended buying Barbies since about 2011… but some of the new ones got me hooked back on. Such bargains compared to the Integrity Girls and Action Figures  Laughing

GubernatorFan wrote:The pig and cats still steal the show! The packaging was lovely, indeed!

well, more animals to come, I suppose. Actually I am a bit surprised at my repertory of animal when checking the shelves.  Shocked

Ovy wrote:These pics are some of the few things that might get me in a hoilday mood this year, haha. And these pics are so varied already, and that only after six days.

Beautiful relaxed atmosphere, celebrating the shared religion connecting us all in peace: Toy collecting materialism. Razz

It's just such a neat idea to pull of this kind of event, the collective work, crafting, coordination, deadlines, everything has to be done right and everyone is rewarded for it in several ways.

Thank you! … the toy collecting materialism might not be very benevolent to the state of the earth, but at least, it is indeed peaceful (even if some figure are not Wink ). And brings a lot of joy and fun. Such as does this calender event indeed.

December 7th

Hopper the IIIrd decided who got to unpack today‘s starry present.

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221207_092716didhu

Who else than my most beautiful of the golden girls: Stella

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221207_092701m2i7f

There we go with a shiny decorative wreath!

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221207_093123gjfdk

well, finally something to hang above the sink, even if only for a short period of time…

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... 20221207_115506ikdko

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stella is indeed the most beautiful. Incredible little wreath!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum