OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)*

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Diana

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* - Page 2 1f60d

This is soooo impressive! Wow! What a beautiful place. Feels very real and believable. Everything and everyone fits in. My respect. Smile

BAD WOLF-787

Like others have already said that is one gorgeous diorama!

I love how your Ada figure is kick back in the corner just watching what going on.

Valiarde

Now that is a real nice glossy diorama. 
So much to discover, the illumination is just the icing on the cake. I love all the little details and objects. 

The ovy painting will be worth more than the mona lisa in a few years. 
The colors all harmonize pretty well

Now you have a great little place to show off some scenes of different characters.

For the making of the diorama itself - "just cardboard" - this reminds me of the discussion of "plastic vs die cast" on action figures. Sure diecast feels far more valuable, but do you really see the difference, when the figure is posing on the shelf or for pictures? 
So who needs to carve whole walls if you can just use cardboard? Unless you have fun with building dioramas that is (I enjoy making and gluing "stones") but for photography purposes, your solution is perfect as well.

The GLOSS is very well suited for your kind of figures Wink

Illusion

Randam Hajile wrote:

IMHO your work on this diorama is excellent, no matter how easy it seemed to handle those materials. I have little experience in diorama building, but I feel that the composition and overall layout is most critical to any diorama. You really excelled here and can be proud of your brilliant dio!  12 of 10 points on my personal diorama rating scale  Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* - Page 2 1f60b
Concerning a ground plate for the Throne of Thorns: I used a simple styroform plate and covered it with grey modelling concrete (Noch Modellbahn Fels-Spachtelmasse) as a base. The greyish color fits the throne very well, as you can see from my older pics (don't want to repost here). This was only 10 min work...
Aaah – thanks so much!  12 out of 10 sounds like making my month rather than only my day …  cheers
As does any of all of everyone‘s kind comments actually… sunny
Thanks for encouraging me to try the floor/ground for the throne by pointing out that it was not that much work… I have some modelling clay left here and will get a grip on myself to try it in the not so distant future.

Allotropos wrote:There is just not enough pictures to look at all the details !
Simply awesome set up - the lighting, props and layout just works so well and I am envious that you have THAT much space for this dio !
What's it gonna take to get me an invite to this snazzy place ??
Thanks a lot! Let me know if you need a particular detail 😉 – well, space… I am also struggling a bit as regards THAT reoccuring issue… .
Well, invitations are sent to the insanely rich or the incredibly beautiful… Choose your category.  king  afro
(Going forward, I don’t rule out we will see some stranger characters showing up too.  geek  pirat )

Stryker2011 wrote:Love that behind the bar photo. Nice attention to detail.
Thanks for checking that out too!

GubernatorFan wrote:Very nice behind the counter shot -- and work. It not only looks great, but it is a true all-around 3D environment here, which makes it all the more impressive.
Thanks for taking the time to appreciate the little supplement.

Diana wrote: Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* - Page 2 1f60d

This is soooo impressive! Wow! What a beautiful place. Feels very real and believable. Everything and everyone fits in. My respect. Smile
Thank you!! I am glad you enjoy my stuff once again.

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Like others have already said that is one gorgeous diorama!
I love how your Ada figure is kick back in the corner just watching what going on.
Thank you!! Nice, to pick out Ada… She’s actually Billy’s company rather than being part of Violaine’s crew – but as I could not bring her to stand by herself, she had to find a nice spot to lean to…

Valiarde wrote:Now that is a real nice glossy diorama.
So much to discover, the illumination is just the icing on the cake. I love all the little details and objects.
The ovy painting will be worth more than the mona lisa in a few years.
The colors all harmonize pretty well
Now you have a great little place to show off some scenes of different characters.
For the making of the diorama itself - "just cardboard" - this reminds me of the discussion of "plastic vs die cast" on action figures. Sure diecast feels far more valuable, but do you really see the difference, when the figure is posing on the shelf or for pictures?
So who needs to carve whole walls if you can just use cardboard? Unless you have fun with building dioramas that is (I enjoy making and gluing "stones") but for photography purposes, your solution is perfect as well.
The GLOSS is very well suited for your kind of figures Wink

Thank you – as you know my collection, you have an idea of what might be coming along.  Very Happy
I guess, I should get my hands on Ovy’s original then…
Yes, interesting thought how much effort is sufficient. Whenever possible, I am a big fan of the „MiniMax Principle“ – as much outcome as possible at the least possible input.

To repeat myself: thanks everyone for having a look and leaving a line. Your enthusiastic feedback is truly making my month… cheers bounce  cheers

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
And your beautiful creations are inspiring us -- this month or any.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Well that has to be the most impressive, most lavish place I've seen in either real life or in 1/6. It's amazing and the atmosphere you managed to create is top notch.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* - Page 2 1f60e

csyeung

csyeung
Great build and dio! Love all the little details you put into it. Brilliant stuff! Did you make some of the outfits yourself as well, or just assembled through kitbashing?

Illusion

Illusion
GubernatorFan wrote:And your beautiful creations are inspiring us -- this month or any.

Thanks once again  flower

Theboo-bomb wrote:Well that has to be the most impressive, most lavish place I've seen in either real life or in 1/6. It's amazing and the atmosphere you managed to create is top notch.

Thank you so much for your overwhelming feedback. Hope you will be back whenever I have new pics taken at the place.

csyeung wrote:Great build and dio! Love all the little details you put into it. Brilliant stuff! Did you make some of the outfits yourself as well, or just assembled through kitbashing?

Thank you very much for your checking it out and your appreciation. As regards the outfits, I did the dress and shoes of the lady sitting on the sofa and the complete outfit of Violaine, the lady sitting next to John Wick. Also did the barkeeper's jewelry and "outfit" (you can hardly call it that Laughing ) - Rule of thumb: whenever seed beads are involved, I am most likely responsible for it.
Here's a thread with the stuff I am doing with beads (in case you have not come across it yet)...
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3688-illusions-creations-update-8-nov-2021-zyralie-lady-of-the-scarlet-sea#48842

csyeung

csyeung
oh! I haven't seen, I'll check it out now!

Ephiane

Ephiane
Such a clean and innovative look. So many details and the electric parts give a cozy light to all. You have to start a career as a interior designer for ritch people. Very Happy

Illusion

Illusion
Ephiane wrote:Such a clean and innovative look. So many details and the electric parts give a cozy light to all. You have to start a career as a interior designer for ritch people. Very Happy

Thanks Eph... maybe I should start with redesigning my messy own place Embarassed ... I actually hate shopping furniture and room accessories Laughing

37Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* - Page 2 Empty Ladies' Night (22nd May 2022) Sun May 22, 2022 3:42 pm

Illusion

Illusion
Inevitably some pics with my "other type of dolls" (Fashion Royalty, NuFace and Poppy Parker by Integrity Toys - "Barbie Deluxe"  What a Face )

Not everyone's cup of tea but I hope some of you enjoy them!
Unfortunately they are not as versatile as Action Figures as they cannot stand on their own (and are not quite as articulated).

Tiny changes in furniture and decoration too. The bead bonsai are not made by myself. Got them from a fellow collector and really like them.

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* - Page 2 52091831514_f86f5f63b9_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* - Page 2 52090559592_1d75ae23dd_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* - Page 2 52092092340_9288f491a4_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* - Page 2 52090559357_462296a198_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* - Page 2 52090559377_b59f76ec83_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* - Page 2 52091585076_224a808f47_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* - Page 2 52091606513_dc2aa4189a_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* - Page 2 52091585306_47acc33e18_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* - Page 2 52091606363_e74b2d6568_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* - Page 2 52091832094_b8e6244797_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* - Page 2 52091584916_b7d72f700f_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* - Page 2 52090559227_6bbf5d93e5_b

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* - Page 2 52091585626_bbf48e58e4_b

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Given the setting and atmosphere, these worked really well in the Gloss. Great atmospheric lighting, too. And that cat totally steals the show. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I like these new figures with this very chic environment. They seem to fit better. Love it. The bonsai and the cat are nice as well. Are those Fashion Royalty heads and bodies?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Gorgeous dolls, beautifully photographed! The kitty is just adorable.

And I love the bartender with his shirt open. Must be hot in there. Laughing

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Very nice! I agree with Stryker2011, The ladies look Gorgeous.

Illusion

Illusion
Thanks everyone for dropping in once again and leaving a line! I appreciate it!

GubernatorFan wrote:Given the setting and atmosphere, these worked really well in the Gloss. Great atmospheric lighting, too. And that cat totally steals the show. Smile

Given my long history with these dolls they most likely were the biggest influence to set up this place. .... and as for the cat: I seem to have to squeeze in one of my animals everywhere... (you may remember my "impromptu petting zoo" in Vicious Violet's headquarters Wink )

Stryker2011 wrote:I like these new figures with this very chic environment. They seem to fit better. Love it. The bonsai and the cat are nice as well. Are those Fashion Royalty heads and bodies?

all these ladies are dolls by Integrity Toys. Some/ Many (including myself) use "Fashion Royalty" as a synonym for "Integrity Toys dolls", but strictly speaking, Fashion Royalty is just one of their lines. So you would have 2 Fashion Royalty (more mature ladies with mature, classy outfits), 4 NuFace (younger ladies, in their early 20ies with less bosom than FR, in more modern, edgy outfits) 2 Poppy Parker (50ies/60ies outfits) and 1 FR Homme. However, in my pics you can hardly differentiate by outfit anymore as only one of them is wearing her original outfit: the red haired Poppy Parker sitting on the sofa. But the other Poppy next to her is wearing a Poppy Parker outfit too.

The lady lines do have slightly different bodies, with Poppy Parker being the most different (smaller than the others). Some people switch heads but I hate taking a head off as you risk to break the neck. (totally different to action figure business) I prefer to leave the heads on the original bodies (also because of the great variety of skin tones). Though I rarely keep an original outfit on any doll. I like to mix and match and often sell off outfit parts that I do not particularly like.

skywalkersaga wrote:Gorgeous dolls, beautifully photographed! The kitty is just adorable.

And I love the bartender with his shirt open. Must be hot in there. Laughing

Twisted Evil - yeah, and getting hotter by the minute... the ladies will probably have a competition who is to take him home at the end of the night...

well, I have just 2 FR Homme left as I hardly REALLY like any of them. But I really love this one. I treated him to some tattoos - just love how the dragon turned out - and in the cabinet he does not wear a shirt. Just did not want to have him topless behind the bar - but did not want to hide that tattoo either. Would be such a waste  Laughing

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Very nice! I agree with Stryker2011, The ladies look Gorgeous.

Thank you!! Hope to see you back whenever I update here Smile

davidd

davidd
Nice assortment of Integrity figures. This setting is perfect for the high-roller lifestyle suggested by the designs of the Integrity figures.

RexTachikoma

RexTachikoma
That's a great diorama! I am looking to do something similar for my figures as a photoshoot hub.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Those night shots are great, and I love that little kitty having a short nap.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* - Page 2 1f60e

Ephiane

Ephiane
Wow ! That Girls are barbies ? That´s defintly their natural habitat. OK, Hot Toys Heads looks more real but this Girls are made for that set. There´s so much arrogance in the faces. Seems like Barbies are cult and they know it . Snobish Extravagance pure. Maybe these fantastic Headsculpts could looking nice on a slim pichen / TBL body ? Blasphemic ? Is that like to give some cola on a 20 Years old scotch ? Wink

Illusion

Illusion
davidd wrote:Nice assortment of Integrity figures. This setting is perfect for the high-roller lifestyle suggested by the designs of the Integrity figures.

Thank you!   queen

RexTachikoma wrote:That's a great diorama! I am looking to do something similar for my figures as a photoshoot hub.

Thank you - hope to see your place ! A bar/ club / enhance living room serves as such a versatile place.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Those night shots are great, and I love that little kitty having a short nap.

Thank you.  cat

Ephiane wrote:Wow ! That Girls are barbies ? That´s defintly their natural habitat. OK, Hot Toys Heads looks more real but this Girls are made for that set. There´s so much arrogance in the faces. Seems like Barbies are cult and they know it . Snobish Extravagance pure. Maybe these fantastic Headsculpts could looking nice on a slim pichen / TBL body ? Blasphemic ? Is that like to give some cola on a 20 Years old scotch ? Wink

Thanks once again Eph  queen
When you think of Barbies as "dolls produced by Mattel", then NO.
When you think of Barbies as Fashion Dolls in general, then yes. (maybe my "Barbies Deluxe" has been a bit misleading there, sorry)
These are fashion dolls by a company called Integrity Toys that produces fashion dolls for the adult collector with rather sophisticated outfits and accessories that are of totally different quality to Mattel items (irrespective of Mattel collector or playline series). Consequently they are also quite a bit more expensive than Barbies (though the Mattel collector series are really expensive without being worth their price when comparing it to the prices of action figures or the Integrity dolls). The "snobish extravagance" nails it. I have been collecting these dolls since 2011 (action figures since 2016), so they are kind of at the core of my Glitterazzi heart.
I have seen occasional rare attempts to put one of those heads on a TBL body, but to me it does not fit. The proportions are wrong and you need a huge scarf or broad necklace to conceal the head to neck section. Might work better with the new teenager TBL bodies and the smaller ones... but generally I tend to be a purist there and to keep the heads on the bodies they belong to. (Also skin tone matches are a constant issue for me. I am struggling enough with the action figure heads already  Laughing )
Maybe it is just odd to have this stylized head on a realistic body.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, I agree with you, I think they look great on their intended bodies. I don't really care about 'joints', when in the context of dolls.... since that's kind of the point of dolls, imo. :'D

Admittedly my own fashion tastes are probably a bit more 'earthy' lol, but I like to admire the Integrity dolls and their gorgeous array of outfits and accessories from afar. Their high class snobbishness is perfectly suited to the sleek and elegant vibe you are going for here.

Curious which aspects of the outfits and/or jewelry you added? I presume anything with seed beads, but still would like to know more.... : )

Illusion

Illusion
skywalkersaga wrote:Yeah, I agree with you, I think they look great on their intended bodies. I don't really care about 'joints', when in the context of dolls.... since that's kind of the point of dolls, imo. :'D

Admittedly my own fashion tastes are probably a bit more 'earthy' lol, but I like to admire the Integrity dolls and their gorgeous array of outfits and accessories from afar. Their high class snobbishness is perfectly suited to the sleek and elegant vibe you are going for here.

Curious which aspects of the outfits and/or jewelry you added? I presume anything with seed beads, but still would like to know more.... : )

Thanks Sky,
well... when it comes to 1:1 life my own outfits are TOTALLY different, the very very opposite Embarassed

Thanks for asking but in these pics there is actually hardly any outfit accessory made by me. Just the choker this doll is wearing:

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* - Page 2 52091585076_224a808f47_b

Her golden top has been made by a lady from Spain, https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/MAOVIM?ref=usf_2020 , (it actually fits many action figure bodies too) - as has the whitish dress of the dark lady with the white fur .

With the exception of the top, dress and white fur, everything is originally from Integrity Toys.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for explaining! And don't worry, take it as a compliment that I couldn't tell between your work and the official Integrity Toys. :'D

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The head sculpts for these Integrity dolls could very well work on slim seamless bodies. They look appropriately snooty to be “models”, and not as limited as normal Barbie heads — they have a nice throwback to mid-century glamour.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Welcome to THE GLOSS - *Advent Calendar (24th Nov 22)* - Page 2 C8485110

Ephiane

Ephiane
Awww, can´t stop watching these Sculpts. They have real eye lashes, right ? I´m so close to glue some eyelashes on my expensive Headsculpts and ruin it . Laughing  I have to hit on my fingers.

Illusion

Illusion
skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks for explaining! And don't worry, take it as a compliment that I couldn't tell between your work and the official Integrity Toys. :'D

I do, thank you 😊!

Stryker2011 wrote:The head sculpts for these Integrity dolls could very well work on slim seamless bodies. They look appropriately snooty to be “models”, and not as limited as normal Barbie heads — they have a nice throwback to mid-century glamour.

Thanks, they are really different from Barbie, yes. Though there are also more and more really nice Barbie heads. One of the upcoming Looks Barbies seems quite inspired by a very much liked black face mold from Integrity.

Ephiane wrote:Awww, can´t stop watching these Sculpts. They have real eye lashes, right ? I´m so close to glue some eyelashes on my expensive Headsculpts and ruin it . Laughing  I have to hit on my fingers.
yes, real eyelashes. Happy you like them and keep coming back here I love you
you should be able to try it and remove them without ruining an face up, when using a water soluble glue (I have Aileen‘s Tacky glue, but it seems similar to the ordinary UHU Bastelkleber.) But try it with a less beloved head or a test head first Wink

you can get strings of doll lashes on the web (of course - what not? Wink ), eg:
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005002716114673.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.550b6074mz4OVf&algo_pvid=5912a977-c168-470a-a310-acb04dd9ac86&algo_exp_id=5912a977-c168-470a-a310-acb04dd9ac86-5&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2212000021833859431%22%7D&pdp_npi=2%40dis%21EUR%21%210.81%21%21%211.55%21%21%400b0a187b16540232997935197efa8f%2112000021833859431%21sea

but careful with the size. I do not know what is available. This is just a very random link. I have only done lashes once when I received a doll with lashes missing on one eye.

BAMComix

BAMComix
simply fantastic! so elegant!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum