OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Mon May 09, 2022 4:28 pm

Fox915

Fox915
Hey everyone, how's it going? I thought I’d drop by with some updates.

I'm a big fan of the Witcher series (both the games and the novels). There are so many compelling characters that I love, but here I'm just starting with the 2 main protagonists, Geralt and Ciri. These are based on their Witcher 3 appearance.

Video game renders:
The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Af83RY4
(From left to right) Geralt in the Kaer Morhen armor, Manticore armor, and Ciri in her regular attire.

And now for their 1/6 counterpart:
The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri URrtAjY
Left: stock MT Toys Kaer Morhen Geralt
Middle: MT Toys Manticore Geralt but with a custom head sculpt.
Right: JK Toys Ciri but with a custom head sculpt and a Jiaou body.

Here's a few more close-ups:

Ciri:
The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri ChNtFiK
In my view, the chin on the JK head is too prominent, and the likeness feels off. But their tailoring and accessories are of good quality. That being said, simply switching the head sculpt did not work because the proportions and color don't match, so I opted for a Jiaou body.

The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Mn3Fc8r

Manticore Geralt:
The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri 4KwIJLQ
For this version, the stock head sculpt is a little weak in terms of likeness. Luckily the custom head sculpt fits right onto the MT body requiring no further modding.

The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri AlaDWhf

Kaer Morhen Geralt:
The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Ol6XcWr
Everything here is stock at the moment, this (alternate) head sculpt is serviceable. But I plan/hope to replace this in the future.

Thank you for looking, I hope you've enjoyed them.

2The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Mon May 09, 2022 5:28 pm

blackpool

blackpool
Superb work!!! Ciri and Geralt's headsculpts modifications are absolutely gorgeous, night and day compared to the original figures. and the added hair definitely gives more realism!

Very well done, thanks for sharing!

3The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Mon May 09, 2022 5:31 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
They all look pretty good. I especially like the custom Ciri sculpt.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri C8485110

4The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Mon May 09, 2022 5:57 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice job. The upgrades are noticeable, and its clear you care about the characters enough to have impoved the details.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

5The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Mon May 09, 2022 6:44 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They look great, even more so after your special updates.

6The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Mon May 09, 2022 9:08 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Wow, that figures are insane ! Your photographie is so sharp and clear. fascinating to see how some single parts of real hair turned a plastic Hair scuplt into a piece of art.

7The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Mon May 09, 2022 10:32 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Beautiful job and crisp photography. Very Happy

These hair strands are a great compromise between sculpted and real hair. And unlike some LotR Figures you match sculpts and real hair color perfectly.

8The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Tue May 10, 2022 7:59 am

csyeung

csyeung
Awesome! Really like the rooted hair on Ciri!

9The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Tue May 10, 2022 8:51 am

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
All very cool figure! I like the style of Ciri best of all. 👏

10The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Tue May 10, 2022 4:04 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
I wished MT Toys would already release their upcoming "Ciri" figure, giving us more choice. These custom heads by Forest-Totem used here are all excellent, but somewhat they have a very different "feel" with the overly pronounced scars on Geralt's head and yellow-eyes on Ciri. Anyway, great work customizing both figures!

11The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Tue May 10, 2022 5:04 pm

Fox915

Fox915
Thanks everyone, I appreciate all your feedback. Most of the credit goes to the artist 'foresttotem' for their incredible sculpts and highly detailed work. My contributions are limited to slightly modifying the clothes to fit the body a little better and painting the gloves.

@Randam. I agree, the MT Toys Ciri looks promising. I have a feeling that the accessories from MT might turn out better than JK's. As for the overly pronounced scars, that might be due to my part with my photography (I might have focused too much on trying to show all the details and the skin textures), I feel its not so conspicuous in hand. As for Ciri's eyes, I do agree and wish they were less yellow and more green (as the novel describes 'emerald green eyes').

12The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Tue May 10, 2022 9:12 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
The custom sculpts give the figures so much more personality.

13The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Tue May 10, 2022 10:47 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Great looking figures, expressly Ciri.

14The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Wed May 11, 2022 4:07 pm

Illusion

Illusion
aaaargh... *suppressing some curses here*... you are just about pushing me towards hunting for a Ciri...
I like these characters - though I did not find my way into the game (at almost 50 I am too old to learn the controls. They were introduced all at once and I was to impatient, stupid, clumsy... also, I do not want to interact in games - I want to hit and run.... with interactions I don't stop until I have read all options, which becomes very tiring.)

The custom heads are a great improvement. I really like the strands of real hair. With hairdos like those, little strands are all it takes to make a huge difference...

15The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Thu May 12, 2022 11:13 am

Fox915

Fox915
I was lucky to have picked these up earlier this year. But with the current world events, this talented Russian artist was removed from various platforms and payment systems. So it will be very difficult to get a hold of their work from now on.

16The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Sat May 14, 2022 3:45 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Great work on those figures, they look way better.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri 1f60e

17The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Sat May 14, 2022 3:29 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Randam Hajile wrote:I wished MT Toys would already release their upcoming "Ciri" figure, giving us more choice. These custom heads by Forest-Totem used here are all excellent, but somewhat they have a very different "feel" with the overly pronounced scars on Geralt's head and yellow-eyes on Ciri. Anyway, great work customizing both figures!

MT Toys version should be shipping next week, Randam!

18The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Mon May 16, 2022 11:28 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
csyeung wrote:
Randam Hajile wrote:I wished MT Toys would already release their upcoming "Ciri" figure, giving us more choice. These custom heads by Forest-Totem used here are all excellent, but somewhat they have a very different "feel" with the overly pronounced scars on Geralt's head and yellow-eyes on Ciri. Anyway, great work customizing both figures!

MT Toys version should be shipping next week, Randam!

Thanks, Csyeung!

For those that haven't seen it, here is the first in-hand video that was posted on Onesixthkit's FB page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Nj0rtkxeY

As far as it can be seen from the video, the head might be better than the previous releases, but still is not spot on. We will see...

19The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Mon May 16, 2022 4:58 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the video link, Ralf. Looks very nice, head is less raccoon-ish, but there is a surprising lack of weathering on everything. That said, I am unfamiliar with the source material (the games or series), so who knows? Smile I did pick up the previous Ciri head, and intend to "wash off" that make up and rehair her (the hair piece pops off easily).

20The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Mon May 16, 2022 6:06 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@Ian
Well, it looks like we won't get a "perfect" Ciri-head after all: The MT Toys version seems to have a too large angle of the eyes/pupils (as far as I can see), giving her a slightly strange look. The JKToys version has a too narrow distance between nose and mouth, making her nose seem very pronounced. The Forest totem-version has a better facial geometry, but the paintjob on eyes and especially eyebrows feels off to me (and it is on the smaller side). If I could even get my hands on the Forest-totem version, I would likely need to sent it off for a professional repaint.
It's so strange that there is so much trouble getting Ciri's head right, even so the 3D meshes are readily avaiable.  The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri 1f623

21The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Mon May 16, 2022 6:09 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Randam Hajile wrote:@Ian
Well, it looks like we won't get a "perfect" Ciri-head after all: The MT Toys version seems to have a too large angle of the eyes/pupils (as far as I can see), giving her a slightly strange look. The JKToys version has a too narrow distance between nose and mouth, making her nose seem very pronounced. The Forest totem-version has a better facial geometry, but the paintjob on eyes and especially eyebrows feels off to me (and it is on the smaller side). If I could even get my hands on the Forest-totem version, I would likely need to sent it off for a professional repaint.
It's so strange that there is so much trouble getting Ciri's head right, even so the 3D meshes are readily avaiable.  The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri 1f623
Thanks for shedding more light on this (I really am clueless, although I can tell Geralt apart in a lineup and know that he's played by Henry Cavill in the series). I checked my e-mail receipt, and the version I have is the JKT one. Yes, the nose is kinda prominent looking.

22The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Thu May 19, 2022 3:42 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
My MTToys Ciri has been shipped today by Onesixthkit. I'm still on the fence about the sculpt, as eyes and mouth feel off to me. There are some new high quality in-hand pictures on the bbi-board:

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=384483&extra=page%3D1&_dsign=0cef8d32

23The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Sun May 22, 2022 1:32 am

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
Definately great looking figures, especially the custom geralt head. Its been a while since i played the last game and while briefly being on the fence about getting one with the ursine set, there's sadly no monster figure to go with it.and with little means to build a fight scene diorama around the figure, those are on hold for me at the moment.

24The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Sun May 22, 2022 12:52 pm

Nil

Nil
Randam Hajile wrote:@Ian

That kinda sucks because I cancelled the JK one for the MT Ciri, since I felt JK looked off and hair wasn't as detailed as the MT, now I'm wondering if the JK would have been the better choice.

25The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt and Ciri Mon May 23, 2022 8:17 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great work!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum