OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Tough Guys: 1/6 The Mighty God Action Figure [TG-8007]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Product List:
- Head sculpt x 2 (including two helmets)
- Upper body armor x 2 (including front and rear armor)
- Belt x 1
- Leg armor x 2
- Bracers x 2
- Shoes x 2
- Pants x 1
- Cloak x 1
- Hammer x 1
- Axe x 1
- Stand x 1
- Hand x 8

NEW PRODUCT: Tough Guys: 1/6 The Mighty God Action Figure [TG-8007] 11746
NEW PRODUCT: Tough Guys: 1/6 The Mighty God Action Figure [TG-8007] 21029
NEW PRODUCT: Tough Guys: 1/6 The Mighty God Action Figure [TG-8007] 3_948510
NEW PRODUCT: Tough Guys: 1/6 The Mighty God Action Figure [TG-8007] 4_962510
NEW PRODUCT: Tough Guys: 1/6 The Mighty God Action Figure [TG-8007] 5_183811
NEW PRODUCT: Tough Guys: 1/6 The Mighty God Action Figure [TG-8007] 6_241210
NEW PRODUCT: Tough Guys: 1/6 The Mighty God Action Figure [TG-8007] 7_161410
NEW PRODUCT: Tough Guys: 1/6 The Mighty God Action Figure [TG-8007] 8_576410
NEW PRODUCT: Tough Guys: 1/6 The Mighty God Action Figure [TG-8007] 9_136910
NEW PRODUCT: Tough Guys: 1/6 The Mighty God Action Figure [TG-8007] 10_88610
NEW PRODUCT: Tough Guys: 1/6 The Mighty God Action Figure [TG-8007] 11_37410
NEW PRODUCT: Tough Guys: 1/6 The Mighty God Action Figure [TG-8007] 12_57710
NEW PRODUCT: Tough Guys: 1/6 The Mighty God Action Figure [TG-8007] 13_43710
NEW PRODUCT: Tough Guys: 1/6 The Mighty God Action Figure [TG-8007] 14384

#newproduct #ToughGuys #MightyGod #male #comicbook-based

traff120

Much better than the Sideshow version. Unfortunately headsculpt not quite there.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
As much as I can never truly imagine anyone other than Chris Hemsworth as Thor, I rather like this one, as a general representation of the comicbook look. Far from perfect, but the attempted translation of the head sculpt to something near realistic seems decent. The figure would definitely benefit from being seamless, or having seamless arms at least.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Nice figure except for those horrible tennis wristbands. I hope he's taller than 12" sans helmet.

csyeung

csyeung
While I like the concept of doing a classic Thor, I feel the execution of the sculpt doesn't quite seem there for me. I don't know what it is, maybe the body they used too. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something looks off to me proportion wise

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
rollotomasi wrote:Nice figure except for those horrible tennis wristbands. I hope he's taller than 12" sans helmet.

I'm not so sure "sans helmet" is an option. You would expect the helmets to be removable (especially given they seem slightly oversized) -- but there are no pictures with them removed. And, the product description says: "Head sculpt x 2 (including two helmets)." I don't see any variation in the two helmets, so apparently, the only reason you'd need two is if they are permanently affixed to the headsculpt. Sad if true.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
If you're right, MBAM, that would be an unfortunate decision on their part indeed.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Makes you wonder if you were to pry the helmet off, would the hair come with it? Like those gag baseball caps with the hair attached.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Tough Guys: 1/6 The Mighty God Action Figure [TG-8007] C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
Is that John Cena/China?

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Assuming the worst, they should instead have gone for the flexibility of the 12" ML Thor, which allowed for all the possible permutations -- longer hair and shorter hair, helmeted and unhelmeted, bearded and unbearded -- all in a figure costing $50 (at 2017 prices).

That was an otherwise quite comparable figure to this one -- fully jointed, no cloth and everything made of plastic except a cloth cape, etc. -- though the present Tough Guys has the advantage of more severe headsculpts.  It's funny where things place themselves in the marketplace.  The underrated 2017 ML Thor, and that whole line, was negatively perceived as overpriced compared to regular 6" ML figures.  On the other hand this similar much more expensive Tough Guys figure is probably perceived as positively priced because its perceived comparison is the Sideshow figure or a Hot Toys one.

NEW PRODUCT: Tough Guys: 1/6 The Mighty God Action Figure [TG-8007] 900af310[url=https://servimg.com/view/19899235/149NEW PRODUCT: Tough Guys: 1/6 The Mighty God Action Figure [TG-8007] 91bbzc10[/url]

Kallor8

I'll probably get it, because I'm a big fan of comic Thor and worked tirelessly to transform the Sideshow version into a more palatable rendition, but it looks pretty awkward to me. I wish someone else was doing this since it has the right ideas with the axe and bearded HS plus no random costume alterations, it just looks...awkward.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum