OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ABOUT THIS SIXTH SCALE FIGURE
“There’s plain few problems that can’t be solved with a little sweat and hard work.”

Sideshow presents The Preacher Sixth Scale Figure, riding his way into the Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection in celebration of the actor’s extensive career in film.

Based on Clint Eastwood’s appearance in the classic Western film Pale Rider, the Preacher Sixth Scale Figure features a carefully crafted portrait of the lone horseman with his iconic steely gaze and a non-removable hat. He also wears a custom-tailored fabric costume consisting of his weathered red duster, a black buttoned vest, a collared dress shirt, a neckerchief, and black pants. A faux-leather bullet belt and sculpted boots with spurs complete the Preacher’s signature look.

The Preacher Sixth Scale Figure is articulated to allow for numerous display options using his accompanying additional hands and accessories. This mysterious rider comes with two different revolvers and eight hands in total, including a pair of fists, a pair of relaxed open hands, a pair of gesturing hands, and a pair of hands for holding his weapons. Pose the Preacher in dramatic and dynamic action stances to recreate your favorite Clint Eastwood movie moments on your shelf.

If you’re looking for just one miracle, bring home The Preacher Sixth Scale Figure from the Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection today.

Brand
Clint Eastwood
Manufacturer
Sideshow Collectibles
Type
Action Figure Sixth Scale Figure
Genre
Pop Culture Celebrity Cult Classic
Artists

Nancy (Sculpt)
Namhoon Kim (Sculpt)
Tom Gilliland (Design)
Kevin Ellis (Design)
Wan Lee (Paint)
Mijin Namgung (Cut and Sew)
The Sideshow Sixth Scale Design & Development Team (Design) (Development)
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
The Preacher Sixth Scale Figure specially features:

Headsculpt of Clint Eastwood, as seen in Pale Rider
Tailored Costume, including:
Weathered red duster
Black buttoned vest
Collared dress shirt
Neckerchief
Black pants
Faux-leather bullet belt
Sculpted boots with spurs
Multiple handsets, including:
L/R Gripping Hands
L/R Fists
L/R Relaxed Hand
L/R Gesture Hands
Two (2) Revolvers
ADDITIONAL DETAILS & DIMENSIONS
Materials
Fabric , Plastic
Product Size
Height: 12" (30.5 cm) *

* Size and weight are approximate values. Learn more

SKU
UPC
Item shown is a prototype. When shipped, the final production piece may differ in appearance.

PALE RIDER and all related characters and elements © & ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s22) Trademarks for the name and likeness of Clint Eastwood are owned by Garrapata, LLC and are used with permission.

Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure 11826
Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure 21071
Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure 3778
Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure 4706
Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure 5656
Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure 6614
Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure 7588
Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure 8559
Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure 9540
Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure 10516
Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure 11827
Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure 12470
Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure 13446
Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure 14417
Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure 15391
Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure 16362
Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure 17329
Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure 18298
Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure 19262
Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure 20217
Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure 21237
Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure 22208
Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure 23181
Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure 24159

#newproduct #SideshowCollectibles #ClintEastwood #ThePreacher #PaleRider #movie #Western

Valiarde

Valiarde
Another Clint, looks sharp. But the price seems a bit too high for such a "simple" figure in my opinion. This isn't InArt. Still a must have for Strykerverse?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I was going to ask the same thing... Mark, are you getting this? Looks really good. Wish the hat were removable, but then it probably wouldn't look right.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I POd immediately. Big Eastwood fan. He may or may not appear in the Strykerverse, but I can’t have enough Eastwood figures.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I POd immediately. Big Eastwood fan. He may or may not appear in the Strykerverse, but I can’t have enough Eastwood figures.

Hehe, I thought you might. Find him (and the others) a place. They can be a gang of nearly identical brothers. Smile  And if they ever do some Scott Eastwood figures or head sculpts, you can use those for their sons.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:I was going to ask the same thing... Mark, are you getting this? Looks really good.  Wish the hat were removable, but then it probably wouldn't look right.

If Sideshow can't even figure out a removable hat, they got no business bein' in this business. “There’s plain few problems that can’t be solved with a little sweat and hard work.” If it can't be done straight up, then by including a second head sculpt, or swappable hair pieces, as many have done, particularly both the LIM and VTS Red Dead Redemption versions. On this (and the Man with No Name) an unremovable hat should be totally unacceptable. It shows IMHO that the otherwise talented folks at Sideshow have more of a "statue" than a "flexible/adaptable 1/6" mindset.

Takes both the Sideshow Eastwood figures, for me, from absolute must-haves to categorical rejection. I wish the 1/6 marketplace spoke sharply and unequivocally against them; and I wish that it could happen fast enough for Sideshow to "fix" any anticipated Josey Wales.

shazzdan

shazzdan
"Nothing like a good piece of hickory."

Classic movie. Nice figure but too expensive.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, LIM did a great job with the whole removable hat issue.

Diana

Diana
Shame about the hat, but wow he looks fantastic! Looking forward to seeing him in Mark's collection. Smile

Ovy

Ovy
Cool. That was the one where he painted the village red and called it hell, right?

If not for the hat he looks like he would fit well with those DiD Submarine crew members.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Cool. That was the one where he painted the village red and called it hell, right?

You’re thinking of High Plains Drifter.

Western - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection: The Preacher (Pale Rider) Sixth Scale Figure C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
Stryker2011 wrote:
Ovy wrote:Cool. That was the one where he painted the village red and called it hell, right?

You’re thinking of High Plains Drifter.
Ah right, thanks. I think I watched them all some time ago, but I sometimes mix up those movies with typecasted actors.

I hope you will have a lot of fun with him.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, not surprisingly, as Pale Rider was very similar in many ways to HPD.

DJ

DJ
Stryker2011 wrote:Well, not surprisingly, as Pale Rider was very similar in many ways to HPD.

The biggest similarity was that Clint was a ghost that came back from the dead in both movies to take revenge. I like this figure, but I can't get past the molded on hat. That is too much of a statue trait for me. It's like a gun that won't come out of the holster, or non removable foot wear, or sewn on clothes. I don't care how real it looks. For me it defeats the purpose of the term "action figure". I tried the first release of the Redman "Good, Bad, and Ugly" figures and I really can't stand the molded on hats.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
DJ wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Well, not surprisingly, as Pale Rider was very similar in many ways to HPD.

The biggest similarity was that Clint was a ghost that came back from the dead in both movies to take revenge.

That’s the way I always (and choose to) interpret them both, but according to Eastwood his character in HPD wasn’t a ghost, but the brother of the sheriff murdered. Which, based on the music, editing, etc., doesn’t make any sense.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:That’s the way I always (and choose to) interpret them both, but according to Eastwood his character in HPD wasn’t a ghost, but the brother of the sheriff murdered. Which, based on the music, editing, etc., doesn’t make any sense.

I think Eastwood wants to have it both ways, or to put it more charitably, preserve the ambiguity. As you say the movie's moodiness, the editing and the music etc want to have something spiritual going on. But it's pretty extreme even for a ghost story to have a fully reincarnated ghost doing all the physical stuff. And it would have been pretty silly if we had actually seen the Drifter dissolve into smoke at the sheriff's grave, or something. So the "sheriff's brother" option is one explanation to preserve the "is he the dead man or isn't he."

DJ

DJ
Stryker2011 wrote:
DJ wrote:

The biggest similarity was that Clint was a ghost that came back from the dead in both movies to take revenge.

That’s the way I always (and choose to) interpret them both, but according to Eastwood his character in HPD wasn’t a ghost, but the brother of the sheriff murdered. Which, based on the music, editing, etc., doesn’t make any sense.

No, the brother take does not make sense. From him appearing from a haze in the beginning to him fading out as he rides away. That and the flash backs about the whipping and seeing the townsfolk's faces during the same. Maybe not as a for sure thing as in Pale Rider when he takes off his shirt and you can see the through bullet wound scares in places that would certainly have killed him then he puts the same pattern on his enemy in the end.

Spyder

Spyder
Overall it's a nice looking figure but at that price point I'd prefer to see something other than plastic boots and hat. The sculpt and tailoring are impressive. Pistol sculpts look great too. I may try to just pick up some bits for my growing Old West customs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum