OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Nekk-ra

These two look more like clerics/sorcerers than warriors, and nothing about them screams "Pompeii". Don't hate them, though. The orange lass doesn't quite work as presented; the orange bra armor is not a good look. An orange dress/gold armor combo would have given a great flame priestess vibe. The color scheme of the blue lass works better, and I would definitely get the dress and some of the other parts to create a magic-user custom.

And wouldn't have objected to the Kit Harrington- inspired figure. At the very least it would be an excuse for TBLeague to create a new male body. Been a while since we had one of those.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I agree, especially with Nekk-ra. MBAM, good point about google translate, but if so, it happened during the design stage, as "Pompeii warrior" appears on the promotional images themselves, so it is not just one of us machine translating from Chinese and getting this product name.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Moonbase Alpha Male

GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, especially with Nekk-ra. MBAM, good point about google translate, but if so, it happened during the design stage, as "Pompeii warrior" appears on the promotional images themselves, so it is not just one of us machine translating from Chinese and getting this product name.

Yeah, I get that. I was thinking more that maybe the TBL guys conceived it as something like, Volcanic Warrior, and their own internal Translate process for western marketing somehow got them to Pompeii. Unless, there was some actual but submerged Pompeii connection in their undisclosed thinking process, from some video game or something (still wondering if there's maybe some underlying Assassin's Creed source).

csyeung

When I first saw these, I was thinking it looked like something from Assassin's Creed. Well, except this has no pants hehe.

Annalise

Annalise
I'm just happy to see something besides black/white gold/silver for a change and, of course, the absence of bases.

I like the cyan/blue/teal version and I might also buy the creamsicle version to maybe help encourage TBL to continue making different colours (as if my single purchase would be noticed!) The weathered hooded cloak looks pretty good.

Love that they include a pair of gun hands, sure to be useful to a swordswoman.

csyeung

csyeung
Those aren't gun hands, they are for tickling! Shocked

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Why does only the white version have the weathering?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

2 - TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B - Page 2 C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:Why does only the white version have the weathering?

Well spotted, I hadn't noticed. I suspect that sometimes their thinking is "here's a base concept, and now let's choose the two color schemes for it," but other times, like probably this one, it's more like "here's a happy completed figure, Assassin's Creed based or whatever, orange color scheme and all -- now as an afterthought, don't we usually offer a "B" Variant?"

csyeung

csyeung
That's a good observation Mark. I wonder if the final will be clean or weathered.

gooboo

This is getting parted out on ebay now. Here's a BBICN review of the orange version-

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=389755

Diana

Diana
gooboo wrote:This is getting parted out on ebay now. Here's a BBICN review of the orange version-

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=389755

Thank you for posting that!

Oooph. I still think it's ridiculous to have the hair match the costume color. Would have been more believable if one was maybe a little darker than the other. But I'm actually surprised at how much I like her. I think she looks rather stunning, especially posed like that.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
The redhead sculpt isn't too bad actually, it would be good for a more accurate 'Classic' Red Sonja bash (the 'Scars' version aside the other TBL attempts at Sonja have both had the wrong shade of red hair).

I've looked at the dresses (which were the only parts I was seriously considering picking up) on Eb*y and in the end I've decided against - the multiple splits in the skirt are just too over the top for my taste.

EDIT: hah, repeating myself (and Diana!) with the Red Sonja observation there Smile

gooboo

Yeah I don't think there are any pieces from this set I need to pick up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum