OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Diana

Diana
Seth, also known as Set and Suetekh, was the Egyptian god of war, chaos and storms, brother of Osiris, Isis, and Horus the Elder, uncle to Horus the Younger, and brother-husband to Nephthys.
Seth was represented as a composite figure, with a canine body, slanting eyes, square-tipped ears, tufted (in later representations, forked) tail, and a long, curved, pointed snout; various animals (including aardvark, antelope, ass, camel, fennec, greyhound, jackal, jerboa, long-snouted mouse, okapi, oryx, and pig) have been suggested as the basis for his form. Because even the ancient Egyptians rendered his figure inconsistently, it is probably a mythical composite.

Packing List:
1)    1 x TBLeague 1/6 scale male seamless body with metal skeleton
2)    1 x donkey's-head sculpt
3)    1 x donkey's-head mask
4)    1 x decorative piece for neck
5)    1 x cape
6)    1 x armlet worn round the left upper arm
7)    1 pair x armor for lower arms
Cool    3 pair x interchangeable hands
9)    1 x decorative piece for waist
10)    1 x leather garment for lower body
11)    1 x underpants
12)    1 x fabric skirt-like garment
13)    1 pair x feet
14)    1 pair x armor for lower legs
15)    1 x chain sickle
16)    1 x battleaxe
17)    1 x shield
18)    1 x base with holder

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 3.01kg
Measurements:
28.7cm * 27.2 cm * 38 cm
26cm * 36cm * 15.5cm

2 products/master carton
GW: 7.02 kg
Measurements: 56.7cm * 30.5 cm * 40.5 cm

Item Name: Seth -Black 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Item No.: PL2022-191A
Bar Code: 6 97 127233 140 3

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) A0110
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) A0210
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) A0310
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) A0410
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) A0510
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) A0610
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) A0710
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) A0810
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) A0910
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) A1010
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) A1110
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) A1210
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) A1310
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) A1410
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) A1510
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) A1610
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) A1710

Item Name: Seth - White 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Item No.: PL2022-191B
Bar Code: 6 97 127233 141 0

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) B0110
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) B0210
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) B0310
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) B0410
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) B0510
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) B0610
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) B0710
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) B0810
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) B0910
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) B1010
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) B1110
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) B1210
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) B1310
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) B1410

shazzdan

shazzdan
This is one of their better ones but there aren't enough authentic Egyptian accessories for me to want to buy.

He's holding the khopesh backwards. The cutting edge was on the outside, not the inside.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This looks awesome. Now I’m kind of pissed they could get the head n this proportional to the body but they couldn’t do the same for Bast or Anubis.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) C8485110

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
It's definitely more impressive than the rest of this line of animal-deity figures, but there still isn't enough there to convince me to buy the full set. Trouble is, that aside from a few choice part-outs, there is so little variation between these sets that once you buy one, you've effectively bought them all.

I know you could argue that it represents a uniformity in the pantheon of gods, but that doesn't cut it for me (or my wallet) personally.

Diana

Diana
I can't get over the feet. Clawed. For a donkey?
But otherwise I do like this release. *yawn*

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana, it is not really a donkey, although they made him look like one, didn't they? Or a kangaroo? Smile In Egyptian artistic canon, unless actually represented by (entire) animals, the gods were invariably given human feet. At any rate, while this is more loosely-Egyptian-inspired than representative of anything authentically Egyptian, it would look right at home in StarGate and I think it looks visually cool, interesting, and attractive. The head does look nicely scaled for the body. The helmet is great, even if it reminds me of General Grievous. Smile The base has a cool Egyptian reference to it -- it is a simplified rendering of the facade of the temple the real Rameses II (1279-1213 BC, probably), built for his chief wife Nefertari (conflated with the love goddess Hathor) next to his own more famous temple at Abu Simbel.

shazzdan

shazzdan
During the Late Period, Seth is primarily depicted with a donkey head. During earlier periods he is depicted with all kinds of heads -  aardvark, antelope, dog, donkey, hyena, giraffe, and so on.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:During the Late Period, Seth is primarily depicted with a donkey head. During earlier periods he is depicted with all kinds of heads -  aardvark, antelope, dog, donkey, hyena, giraffe, and so on.
Having re-read the description, I see TBLeague chose to go with a donkey head specifically, so the resemblance (which is not completely convincing) would make sense. There is a reason why we use the expression "Set animal" -- it seems to defy secure identification. The Late Period interpetation as a donkey is suggestive, although earlier depictions show some difference between the treatment of the Set animal head and a donkey head, and also in the depiction of their bodies. Other animals, including the notoriously bad-tempered hippopotamus and the ritually unclean pig have also been associated with Set, although neither is an entirely convincing source for the head.

As for the clawed feet, I can't remember the specifics off the top of my head, but they already committed such a faux pas (all puns intended) with some earlier feet, where the type did not match the animal head.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
I like it, though I'm feeling a bit burnt out on these (still want to see them tackle a hippo goddess though).  Grateful to TBL that they didn't include any incomplete/non-matching parts across the Black/White this time around.  Very grateful they made that helmet removable when one might fear they wouldn't.  The base is regrettable now that we know how deeply the added weight and volume needlessly increase the price without even putting that shipping cost in TBL's own pocket.  It's an efficient shape but very stupid though, not even something in scale with the figure.

GubernatorFan wrote:As for the clawed feet, I can't remember the specifics off the top of my head, but they already committed such a faux pas (all puns intended) with some earlier feet, where the type did not match the animal head.

I remember it a bit differently  -- assuming you are thinking of Osiris, people were put off by the hooves seemingly coming out of the blue on a human body, but they actually matched his ram's horns, that people overlooked as just part of his helmet.  Another reason to hate non-removables.  Now, whether a ram configuration overall was optimal for Osiris, is a different question.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:As for the clawed feet, I can't remember the specifics off the top of my head, but they already committed such a faux pas (all puns intended) with some earlier feet, where the type did not match the animal head.

I remember it a bit differently  -- assuming you are thinking of Osiris, people were put off by the hooves seemingly coming out of the blue on a human body, but they actually matched his ram's horns, that people overlooked as just part of his helmet.  Another reason to hate non-removables.  Now, whether a ram configuration overall was optimal for Osiris, is a different question.

No, I wasn't referring to Osiris, although that was a poor decision, Egyptian canon-wise. Osiris does have some thin straight ram's (?) horns beneath the plumes of his crown in many of his most iconic depictions in Egyptian art. I was thinking of another figure, which had mismatched avian or mammalian parts. I still can't remember, and not having bought any of these sets as such doesn't help.

Nekk-ra

I think it's one of the Horus figures or the Ra figure that has more mammalian clawed feet than bird-like feet.
I think it's funny that they didn't use the hoof feet for this one instead of the clawed feet. Despite what I heard from reviewers and other hobbyists, I have no problem getting Osiris to stand on his own. The hooves are large and quite stable. As long as the ball joint from the ankle fits tightly (always an issue), you're good. Guess if I get this one, I'll be on the lookout for an extra pair.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I’m still waiting for a female Spartan warrior with a panda head.

Annalise

Annalise
Phew, this announcement just saved me at least $500, thank goodness. Still wondering about no.s 186 & 187 though. I guess getting those mermaids just right is taking a long time...  Laughing

suo76

GubernatorFan wrote:DThe helmet is great, even if it reminds me of General Grievous. Smile
And without the helmet he looks like Jar-Jar Binks. Laughing

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Annalise wrote: I guess getting those mermaids just right is taking a long time...  Laughing

Man, I hope those are still coming.

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:The helmet is great, even if it reminds me of General Grievous. Smile

YES!!! Thank you!! I couldn't figure it out, but that's exactly the association I had with it. Laughing

Moon Knight has a charming hippo goddess (Taweret), which I can imagine being made at some point. Smile
The actress in the costume is gorgeous, so I'm thinking we will see her as the human form in the next season or movie or whatever. That might make her more popular.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'm having a hard time seeing the details on the hands just from these pics --- am I imagining it, or does this one look like it has five fingers this time? I ask because the previous clawed tbleague hands had only four fingers. I've been looking for some clawed hands for ages, so I'm just curious....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

suo76

In the picture of the white version holding the big axe it definitely looks like 5 finger.

Annalise

Annalise
These are up for PO at Giantoy for $280. That's nearly $100 above TBLeague's msrp, thanks to that beautiful, ornate, heavy and non-optional base.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
suo76 wrote:In the picture of the white version holding the big axe it definitely looks like 5 finger.

Thanks! I thought so, but then second guessed myself and wondered if I was just wishfully thinking. Laughing

ETA: And even better, the hands are completely blank! No rings or armour on them. I will definitely pick these up once they are parted out.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

traff120

With some altering perfect for a Beta Ray Bill mod. And btw didn't donkey-seth have hoofs?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
traff120 wrote:And btw didn't donkey-seth have hoofs?
I was looking around for a genuine ancient representation of an explicitly donkey-headed Seth, but can't see one. The usual iconography, with the more traditionally elusive "Set-animal" head, had human feet. Like here, on the right in the statue group, with the falcon-headed god Horus (also human feet) and King Rameses III:

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) 882c5de8f98b925c16041bb53b9c9807--egyptian-mythology-egyptian-art

Or here, in relief:

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) 9a6ddafe75cc79f88ae0cd0b0496ffcb

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Is it me, or does the hieroglyphs look more like an aardvark…?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Is it me, or does the hieroglyphs look more like an aardvark…?
Yes, that is one of the suggested identifications. Or ant-eater. Or giraffe or okapi (though in animal form he is never given a long neck). Or gazelle of some sort. Or even a canine like a hyena. Visually, a kangaroo might work too (especially for TBLeague's sculpt), but one imagines that would have been unknown to the Egyptians. Smile Apparently in the Late Period a donkey -- I just haven't seen an ancient representation. Here is a drawing from an ancient depiction of Seth as an animal (as opposed to animal-headed human), which does not help much (it could be interpreted as canine or feline or even hooved, but it is not quite a proper donkey). Maybe it's the chupacabra? Smile Besides, they were not incapable of imagining hybrid or made-up animals.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) Sha_%28animal%29
Here is a whole wikipedia article on the "Set animal" --
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Set_animal

Nekk-ra

Perhaps Set/Seth was based on an Egyptian animal that existed back then but didn't survive to modern times. Hence the confusion of what the ancient Egyptians we're depicting. There are also rodents that can have similar facial structures.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum