OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

gooboo

So apparently there's also a white version, but the promotional photos won't be available until next week? Not sure why they wouldn't just wait to show both at the same time. Anyways...
EDIT (Diana): White version added below.

Ghost Soldier – Green 1/6
Scale Action Figure

Item Name: Ghost Soldier – Green 1 /6 Scale Action Figure
Item No: PL2022-195A
Bar Code: 697 127233 150 2

Packing List:

1) 1 * helmet
2) 1 * head sculpt
3) 1 * TBLeague 1/6 scale female seamless body with metal skeleton
4) 1 * cloak-like piece of clothes
5) 1 * chest plate
6) 1 * neck accessory
7) 1 pair * underpants
Cool 3 pairs * interchangeable hands
9) 2 pcs * shoulder armor
10) 2 pcs * armor for lower arms
11) 2 pcs * armor for thighs
12) 1 pair * high-heeled boots
13) 1 * long spear
14) 1 * shield

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 1.52 kg
Measurements: 24.3cm*9.0cm*38.0cm

6 products/master carton
GW: 10.02 kg
Measurements: 58.2cm*25.5cm*40.5 cm

TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) Tb120

TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) Tb418

TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) Tb317

TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) Tb220

TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) Tb717

TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) Tb617

TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) Tb516

TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) Tb1017

TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) Tb917

TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) Tb817

TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) Tb1317

TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) Tb1218

TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) Tb1117

Ghost Soldier – White

Item Name: Ghost Soldier – White 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Item No: PL2022-195B
Bar Code: 697 127233 151 9

Packing List:

1) 1 * helmet
2) 1 * head sculpt
3) 1 * TBLeague 1/6 scale female seamless body with metal skeleton
4) 1 * cloak-like piece of clothes
5) 1 * chest plate
6) 1 * neck accessory
7) 1 pair * underpants
Cool 3 pairs * interchangeable hands
9) 2 pcs * shoulder armor
10) 2 pcs * armor for lower arms
11) 2 pcs * armor for thighs
12) 1 pair * high-heeled boots
13) 2 * short spear
14) 1 * shield

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 1.52 kg
Measurements: 24.3cm*9.0cm*38.0cm

6 products/master carton
GW: 10.02 kg
Measurements: 58.2cm*25.5cm*40.5cm

TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) 0161
TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) 0265
TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) 0362
TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) 0461
TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) 0560
TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) 0659
TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) 0757
TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) 0856
TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) 0955
TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) 1051
TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) 1150
TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) 1244
TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) 1338
TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) 1433
TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) 1529
TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) 1625
TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) 1722

gooboo

Not sure I see where the green is on this figure. The outside of the jacket looks a little green, and the armor seems to have a bit of a green tint to it, but it's hard to tell with the orange/red background. I just ends up looking black.

As silly as the battle thong might be, I find myself liking this figure a lot. The lack of armor on the torso gives a lot of customization options. I think I might get this figure and make some kind of skirt or loincloth to match the rest of the outfit, but first I'll have to see what the white version looks like.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Despite the sillyness of the overall design, this outfit has some strange asthetic appeal. Might be a great start for a custom figure, as Gooboo suggested.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I like the helmet and everything from the knees down (the armor) looks good. The face is once again too pretty and placid for this kind of character.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
That armor looks incomplete.

But maybe it's because she is a ghost.

gooboo

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm not really seeing any connection to ghosts and the this figure's overall design.

Ovy

Ovy
Maybe it's the invisible ghost armor?

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
I was never conscious of this before, but the ability to compare some kind of A and a B version seems to have become a basic part of my first impressions, when I evaluate whether or not I like a newly announced TBL lady. This one feels pretty perfunctory, redundant. I'd like it well enough if she was going to be my first or second TBL warrior, but at this point, there's no particular reason to give her a second look.

I do like the helmet but it seems extra weird. Going into battle with virtual nudity is goofy enough, but it's become an accepted artistic convention which we take for granted by now. It's new however that she is literally wearing more armor on her head than her entire body. Maybe she's going into her first battle after a recent nose job.

Ovy

Ovy
Well maybe the helmet is there to help the Ghost Commander being able to tell apart all those naked Ghost Soldiers from another.

This man proved you only need helmet, shield and plot armor.

TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) Dbf9ce6b79777ec7c3041d5791efdbb8

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Ovy wrote:This man proved you only need helmet, shield and plot armor.

To be fair, that didn't work out for him in the long run... Smile

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Where's the white version? o0

Though I got some fully armored and I like them, I'm so glad fantasy skimpy armor is back. This is what made me hooked on TBL figures. Better yet, this one has some interesting potential for customizing.
I can totally see this figure as some kind of mage, especially cuz they're re-using Vampirella's hands, and the hand poses are really cool for casting spells.

Once again, I wish TBL would release more male figures with fantasy theme, aside from the Egyptian ones. The Barbarian and Death Dealer were pretty dope.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Let the body guessing games begin! Frankly, guys, I expected this topic to be discussed and solved by now. Wink Striking and unbalanced at the same time. I appreciate the sexy form, but considering this a soldier is too big of a leap for me. I do like the helmet and the shield for a fantasy warrior, just wish they gave her more armor (optional or otherwise) to go with it. Like Mark said, the head is a complete miss for this sort of thing.

gooboo

I'm pretty certain this is the s46/s47, which they seem to be using now for a lot of their "armored" figures since the smaller bust makes the armor look less ridiculous.

Saturn

Saturn
Those long, coated fingernails are very practical for a soldier...
Does the HS come from S38/S39?

Diana

Diana
Interesting. Easy pass for me, but I do find the colors to be aesthetically pleasing, however subtle the green may be. It works well with the copper accents and hair.

Gorgeous head sculpt! Too soft of course for this purpose, but this could be another one of those expensive ones. Curious to see the white version!

The armor (or the lack thereof) certainly shows off that gorgeous body!

Not seeing the ghost association, either. Laughing

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Gah, I thought those two recently-announced anime/manga figures meant that TBL were going to let my wallet take a breather for a couple of months.  Neutral

I've bought far too many full TBL sets lately so hopefully I won't impulse-buy this one like I did the Amazon (which to be fair I'm quite pleased with now I have it).

Interesting that they're holding back promos for the White Version - it suggests some last-minute tweaking or panic, which further suggests that TBL are indeed releasing too many of these sets too quickly.

Personally I like the head and the unusual (for TBL) hairstyle, but as almost everyone else has already said, it's far too soft for even a fantasy warrior. I've no real interest in the armour or costume, even though green is my favourite colour (I'm assuming it's meant to represent jade, but it's too dark if these promos are to be believed). Maybe I'll pick up the head and hands and the nice little amulet loose. We'll have to see how the White Version looks.

However, with the ridiculous prices being asked for part-outs these days, it's as much a matter of weighing up if it's worth chasing the individual parts you want against just buying the full set. Neutral

Monkey Depot remains the best option for part-outs for me, but they don't seem to be splitting up TBL sets as much as they used to...

gooboo

This is up for sale at $210 at Giantoy. Looks like this is the new normal price for TBLeague figures, as this one doesn't have a base to increase the cost.

Still waiting to see what the white version looks like, but I'll probably get one of these.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I don’t want to like her, but I kinda do. She has much more of a Red Sonja sword and sorcery/fantasy vibe than a lot of the recent offerings. I have an extra Sariah head that’s looking for a home. If the skin tones match, that could look pretty damn cool. I doubt I could fit the helmet over the ponytail, but then I rarely, if ever, put the helmets on anyway.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Ignoring the fact it's bikini fantasy "armour", which has been done to death, I'm also not keen on this body.
I was really looking forward to a small bust body, but the 46/47's hips are just a touch to wide, imo. It looks slightly cartoonish to me.
Other than that, it's just "meh". There have been much better TBL fantasy warriors before, and charging the same $ for this as for a figure like Royal Defender, when this is basically just a thong and some greaves, feels like a con.
And what is with TBL's current fascination with overly cute little girl heads? It doesn't look right on a half naked warrior woman, at all!

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Ghost808 wrote:Other than that, it's just "meh". There have been much better TBL fantasy warriors before, and charging the same $ for this as for a figure like Royal Defender, when this is basically just a thong and some greaves, feels like a con.!

Totally agree with the sentiments expressed, but comparing the price points of this one and the Royal Defender isn't a level playing field. Same price, say $179.99 -- but the price of the Royal Defender was set in 2020. Royal Defender might be priced $20 more now, or this one might have been priced $20 less in 2020. It's not only the 2 years time, but specific cost impacts on materials and especially shipping from world events. Looks like textbook stealth inflation actually -- price stays the same but the value/content is reduced.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
Ghost808 wrote:Other than that, it's just "meh". There have been much better TBL fantasy warriors before, and charging the same $ for this as for a figure like Royal Defender, when this is basically just a thong and some greaves, feels like a con.!

Totally agree with the sentiments expressed, but comparing the price points of this one and the Royal Defender isn't a level playing field.  Same price, say $179.99 -- but the price of the Royal Defender was set in 2020.  Royal Defender might be priced $20 more now, or this one might have been priced $20 less in 2020.  It's not only the 2 years time, but specific cost impacts on materials and especially shipping from world events.  Looks like textbook stealth inflation actually -- price stays the same but the value/content is reduced.
I think it's a bit of column A, bit of column B. I think you are more on the money with stealth inflation though.

Time/world events have certainly played their part to some extent, I'm sure, but if you look at previous figures, and I don't just mean Defender. I chose that, as it's probably the most clothing heavy TBL in recent years, there are other more recent TBL's that offer way more value at a similar price point.

Another reason I chose Defender. A kitbasher friend of mine purely buys figures for a head, or weapon, and sells on the rest. On Defender, he made $430 with parts to spare! (Not a bad sideline, if you can be bothered to pack and ship all the bits). I think you'd be lucky to barely make a profit on this, especially as the head is less unique/desirable. (And the re-used stuff). It shows the lack of physical value on offer.

I think I'm also just overly aware of pricing in recent years thanks to covid impacts. 
This figure screams bad value to me. Sadly I fear many will cough up the cash, and TBL prices will continue to climb rapidly.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Ghost808 wrote:
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:

Totally agree with the sentiments expressed, but comparing the price points of this one and the Royal Defender isn't a level playing field.  Same price, say $179.99 -- but the price of the Royal Defender was set in 2020.  Royal Defender might be priced $20 more now, or this one might have been priced $20 less in 2020.  It's not only the 2 years time, but specific cost impacts on materials and especially shipping from world events.  Looks like textbook stealth inflation actually -- price stays the same but the value/content is reduced.
I think it's a bit of column A, bit of column B. I think you are more on the money with stealth inflation though.

Time/world events have certainly played their part to some extent, I'm sure, but if you look at previous figures, and I don't just mean Defender. I chose that, as it's probably the most clothing heavy TBL in recent years, there are other more recent TBL's that offer way more value at a similar price point.

Another reason I chose Defender. A kitbasher friend of mine purely buys figures for a head, or weapon, and sells on the rest. On Defender, he made $430 with parts to spare! (Not a bad sideline, if you can be bothered to pack and ship all the bits). I think you'd be lucky to barely make a profit on this, especially as the head is less unique/desirable. (And the re-used stuff). It shows the lack of physical value on offer.

I think I'm also just overly aware of pricing in recent years thanks to covid impacts. 
This figure screams bad value to me. Sadly I fear many will cough up the cash, and TBL prices will continue to climb rapidly.

Yes, I'd agree with all of that.  Maybe add in the factor that they rushed to put it together and to put it out, as evidenced not only by the figure being a bit "light," but also by whatever problem / delay they are still having on the "White" side of it.  I was surprised this Green one actually went up listed "normally" for sale, without qualifier, at various places without the White one even being seen.

BigBadToy is $179 with reasonable shipping cost, where GiantToy is $210 with "free" shipping, once again requiring some adjustment to the dictionary definition of "free." If I decided to get this or the eventual "White," for me it would be through Toy Square as usual.

Diana

Diana
I've added the info/photos for the white version to the initial post.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Absolutely. This does feel rushed. If it has indeed run into complications, I wonder what got left on the cutting room? It'd be interesting to see.

Yeah, I've always found "free shipping" entertaining! Usually though, giantoy break even with, or better than other traders, once you factor in postage to the UK. Maybe they are starting to slip and I need to shop around more.

I wonder if this is being well received by Chinese audiences? As that seems to be the decider as to whether a figure gets revised/scrapped.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Diana wrote:I've added the info/photos for the white version to the initial post.
Thanks Diana.
While I still find it wildly overpriced and not one of TBL's better figures, the white version is MUCH more interesting than the green. 
Still won't make my preorder list though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum