OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toys Wonderland multiple shipping charges fiasco, not impressed!!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Toys Wonderland just completely screwed me over!! I've ordered from them multiple times without issue but now they insisted on charging me TWICE for international postage to the UK, not an error, they say that HK post sent it back before they had even shipped it because the value declared was incorrect, now after arguing with TW for a month they still refuse to send the figure unless I pay the expensive ($76USD) postage AGAIN as HK post won't refund them for the initial postage cost. Even a refund would only get me the price of the figure back and not the postage I paid, a very messed up situation and I thought people should be warned that this can happen!

Allotropos

Allotropos
There's been some chatter on social media about them which includes the issue you've mentioned.
Sorry to hear your problems and hope it somehow gets sorted out.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sounds like another company that’s figured out a way to screw the customers. What a shock! Sorry, Dan, that this is happening. I’ve never ordered from them, and now I never will.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Toys Wonderland multiple shipping charges fiasco, not impressed!! C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Allotropos wrote:There's been some chatter on social media about them which includes the issue you've mentioned.
Sorry to hear your problems and hope it somehow gets sorted out.

Ended up having to pay them, at least the figure was cheap, I guess this could be a scam to make up for such a low retail price? Not sure if that's a scam then, sounds like the USA's shopping system lol, you get to the counter and end up paying a hell of a lot more than you expected because of added tax! Something us Europeans find infuriating when living or visiting there, that and bloody coupons!! Oh and saying the % of a discount but not giving you the actual price on the product. It drove me insane! I refused to do the shopping in supermarkets and let my American fiancée do that kind of shopping as she understood it.

Stryker2011 wrote:Sounds like another company that’s figured out a way to screw the customers. What a shock! Sorry, Dan, that this is happening. I’ve never ordered from them, and now I never will.

Who's Dan? tongue Wink

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
And now they email me just after paying for the damn shipping to say they have refunded my payment?! WTF is going on? Nuts..

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
A new email:

Dear customer, Sorry for the late reply. The order #304944 will be reshipped without additional charges when it is returned. Meanwhile, the #322205 is fully refunded. Please kindly hold for the next update for the returned parcel. I hope this email resolves your concerns and questions. If you are satisfied with my customer service, you are welcome to click here to nominate me. Best Regards, GIANNA︱Customer Service Assistant wrote:

confused scratch

Diana

Diana
Ooph! I hope you get that money back. At least it looks like they listened to complains. Quite ridicuous that they thought they could get away with it and keep their business. Got some negative feedback there I assume. Rolling Eyes

valentin

valentin
Sorry to hear about your current experience with T.W.

There's been a huge controversy with regards to this reseller in recent period. Notable points include:
• Having old merchandise at near or close to original PO pricings.
• Shipping fiascos as per your experience.
• Shipped items marked as collected "mysteriously", which the original buyer did not receive anything.
• Youtube influencers vouching for the reseller's positive reputation
• Hot Toys denouncing reseller in a press release and on social media channels that there's no affiliation whatsoever.

As it is, because there's no supportive evidence in terms of the reviews bestow unto the reseller, would recommend to members to exercise caution and use their own judgement calls, if and when any dealings are to be made.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Alex, Dan is your new name. Smile As founding father, Mark has the authority to name people as he pleases. Smile You have an American fiancee? I knew us getting to hear your voice on that video with have an effect, but damn, that was fast. Smile
Anyway, I am sorry you had such a frustrating experience with Toys Wonderland.  They have been promoted by many in the past, but I don't recall working with them myself.  I hope this new e-mail is a good sign, despite the earlier frustration.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Diana wrote:Ooph! I hope you get that money back. At least it looks like they listened to complains. Quite ridicuous that they thought they could get away with it and keep their business. Got some negative feedback there I assume. Rolling Eyes

I got the money for the second shipping charges back immediately but just hope to get the figure I payed for including shipping (first charge) soon as this is a mess. The complaints department isn't even their company, it's handled by an intermediary firm they hire to deal with foreigners and their 'weird' ways I guess. You can't leave feedback or rate them (Toys Wonderland or Comic Sanctorum, same company) that I've found on their website anyway. They do keep asking for tips though that I find frankly insulting.

valentin wrote:Sorry to hear about your current experience with T.W.

There's been a huge controversy with regards to this reseller in recent period. Notable points include:
• Having old merchandise at near or close to original PO pricings.
• Shipping fiascos as per your experience.
• Shipped items marked as collected "mysteriously", which the original buyer did not receive anything.
• Youtube influencers vouching for the reseller's positive reputation
• Hot Toys denouncing reseller in a press release and on social media channels that there's no affiliation whatsoever.

As it is, because there's no supportive evidence in terms of the reviews bestow unto the reseller, would recommend to members to exercise caution and use their own judgement calls, if and when any dealings are to be made.

Yeah, it's like Chinese sellers on eBay (sorry if that sounds generic and racist but it's true) you have to watch them like a hawk and look for red flags (in the non communist sense) all the time, check their feedback ratings, their sales numbers, operating as a seller under the same name length of time, suspect repetitive positive feedback spamming, read the negative and neutral feedback, even the positive feedback; and of course the old maxim 'if it looks too good to be true then it probably is (a scam)'.

GubernatorFan wrote:Alex, Dan is your new name. Smile As founding father, Mark has the authority to name people as he pleases. Smile You have an American fiancee? I knew us getting to hear your voice on that video with have an effect, but damn, that was fast. Smile
Anyway, I am sorry you had such a frustrating experience with Toys Wonderland.  They have been promoted by many in the past, but I don't recall working with them myself.  I hope this new e-mail is a good sign, despite the earlier frustration.

The American fiancee thing was 20 odd years ago when I lived in Florida, ended in a tear jerking disaster that I won't go into for the sake of my and everyone else's sanity! pale affraid

Been dealing with this stupid TW situation for a month, thought it was time to let other members know what can happen with them. Very odd how it was all sorted just after I created this thread don't you think? They must have someone monitoring forums for damage control I guess, well if they aren't true to their word you guys will be the first to know!... hear that damage control guy?... Wink Twisted Evil

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, all's well that ends well... let's hope it does and let us know.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oops, sorry, Alex. Confused the names (this is why I shouldn't respond to things when I'm on the verge of falling asleep thanks to sleep aids). My apologies. (Also, sorry to hear about your disastrous engagement). Sad

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Toys Wonderland multiple shipping charges fiasco, not impressed!! C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Well, all's well that ends well... let's hope it does and let us know.

I'll leave that Shakespearean quote/play until it actually arrives! LOL cheers!

Stryker2011 wrote:Oops, sorry, Alex. Confused the names (this is why I shouldn't respond to things when I'm on the verge of falling asleep thanks to sleep aids). My apologies. (Also, sorry to hear about your disastrous engagement). Sad

Thanks, it was tough, still is TBH. Glad you are finally getting some bloody sleep!! Well I suppose if you never did you would have gone insane then died years ago... cheery thoughts this morning...FFS...need my coffee and a smoke!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum