OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 40]

26Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:27 pm

shazzdan

I have wanted to get a 1:6 Harley Quinn for my collection but not enough to pay hundreds of dollars for the ones on offer. A few weeks ago I stumbled upon this.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004063308294.html

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 HTB10JlNeQ5E3KVjSZFCq6zuzXXaf

The price was cheap enough to take a risk so I ordered one and was pleasantly surprised. The scale is correct and the movie likeness is good. The headsculpt is decent and the accessories are cool. Overall I'm happy with her. The downsides are that the hair is sculpted and she is in a fixed pose. Sculpted hair doesn't bother me as much as it does other people and she is in a pose that I would have chosen anyway so it is all good. Upside is that she is a PVC statue so she has no seamed joints. Conclusion: well worth the purchase price. If I stand her among my other characters, you can't tell that she isn't an action figure.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

27Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:23 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
So, it’s not an action figure. Weird. They actually recast an HT Harley, and even used the HT box art (aside from the addition of the “figure” on the box, but they couldn’t be bothered to make it articulated. Cool find, nonetheless.

28Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:16 pm

ElBundy

shazzdan wrote: Conclusion: well worth the purchase price. If I stand her among my other characters, you can't tell that she isn't an action figure.

Can you remove the head sculpt and the shoes and apply them on other figures?

29Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Sucker Punch: Amber Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:17 pm

ElBundy

I recently have bought the figure of Amber, a character in the movie 'Sucker Punch'. In fact it is my very first HotToys figure. Although i like its look, especially the head sculpt, I am disappointed of the quality of the material. During my very first posing of the figure the black material of the holster starts to crumble and to stain the skin.
A couple of photos. I used photoroom for the background.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 52238799348_c4f1728949_c1 Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 52239068334_8677147f8d_c2

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 52238793508_54f85c1e29_c3 Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 52237802832_daa9d77ff6_c4

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 52237802797_cc8b5c0d5b_c5

30Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:28 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice grab. Too bad about the pleather.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 C8485110

31Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:05 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
ElBundy wrote:
shazzdan wrote: Conclusion: well worth the purchase price. If I stand her among my other characters, you can't tell that she isn't an action figure.

Can you remove the head sculpt and the shoes and apply them on other figures?

The shoes are removeable and look like they should fit a TBL. The head isn't removeable. The shirt is removeable but the pants/stockings aren't. The gun and bat are regular 1:6 accessories that can be held by any figure.

32Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:37 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
Stryker2011 wrote:So, it’s not an action figure. Weird. They actually recast an HT Harley, and even used the HT box art (aside from the addition of the “figure” on the box, but they couldn’t be bothered to make it articulated. Cool find, nonetheless.

If they articulated it, I wouldn't have bought it because it would have been a hundred bucks more expensive.

33Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:41 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I have a faint notion that Crazy Toys often does this -- it take HT sets and replicates them, but without articulation.

The Amber set is quite old by now. It is unfortunate but not altogether surprising that some pleather items might disintegrate.

34Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:57 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
valentin wrote:New NPCs have arrived.

Just nice, and I can unbox my hot toys neo now.

Nice. I talk about these in the Budget Action Figures thread. You got them a lot cheaper than I did.
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t4820-budget-action-figures

35Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:17 am

ElBundy

ElBundy
GubernatorFan wrote:
The Amber set is quite old by now. It is unfortunate but not altogether surprising that some pleather items might disintegrate.
Yes, you are right. Although the figure was never used and wrapped in the original plastic sheet, it might be stored for many years now.

36Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:46 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
ElBundy wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:
Yes, you are right. Although the figure was never used and wrapped in the original plastic sheet, it might be stored for many years now.

Pleather deteriorates in light, heat, and humidity. Even if it was still factory-sealed, it would have needed to be kept in a dark, cool, dry place to avoid degradation.

37Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:19 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
The use of pleather on 1/6 action figures should carry a mandatory jail sentence of no less than 12 months and a fine of no less than 25,000 USD per offense.

38Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:47 am

valentin

valentin
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 16590210

Just received from China:
• Superduck SDH32 B (Tifa Short Hair)
• School uniform for kumik and other dolls (White long sleeve shirt, black neck tie, red checkered skirt, black stockings)
• Canvas white school shoes (Typical middle to high school)
• Recycled spares
- TBleague S28A pale medium bust (the curvy more voluptuous body)
- 4D weapons - Kriss Vector
- Hot Heart's Ms Wong's harness and small firearms (RE Ada wong)

Was inspired for a high school girl look with firearms (Psychopathic?) similar to the heavily armed school girls or Dollz frontline series.
That and because the S28,S29 bodies which I had bought 6 units of a long time ago, was just lying in storage because it was kinda fat and I was not knowledgeable enough that time to buy directly from China and the different types of bodies available from phicien.
To be honest, the clothes nearly didn't fit, and it was a headache on the fuzzing. That and the head I received was counterfeit as I compared it to the 32A which I bought locally, it's sightly bigger and missing the ear ring. But at 1/4 the price, I guess I am not complaining much.

Here's more snap shots, and hope to do a proper photo shoot maybe during the weekend.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 16590213
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 16590212
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 16590211
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 16590214

39Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Air Force pilot Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:13 am

Melancholia

Female Air Force Pilot.  Yep, I realize the uniform isn't quite up to 3510 regulations, but I put this together from various stores.  It totally brings back memories of when I was active duty Air Force many years back.  The neatest find, a customized velcro Air Force name tag from One Sixth Scale King.  Proprietor Robin was very accomodating and sent some extra goodies, including the pilot manual she's holding.  These items were so adorably tiny and realistic, I loved the band-aids!  Lots of neat stuff there that you can't get anywhere else.  I snuck her in among my hubby's AF memorabilia.
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 20220713

40Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:23 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
These are some great looking figures you've assembled.

41Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:57 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Picked up a bunch of stuff for my Old West series, including some clothes, weapons, plates, utensils, cups, gun belts, etc., and all of the following have already come in:

The "Doctor" from Django Unchained (I'm probably going to use him for the town doctor, as well, but I want to give him real hair so I can actually remove his hat; take away his guns and give them to someone else, and try to give him a medical bag -- might have to make one):

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 4693

Carol from the Walking Dead (already stripped her down to her bare skin, but due to the weird body that 3Z used, I'm going to have to probably cover her from head to toe (the arms and neck/collarbone area have a nice skin color to match the head sculpt, but the rest is strangely grey and shiny):

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 10020111

Plan to add hair and a scruffy beard and mustache to this guy (may end up being the Sheriff's Deputy, and an old Indian Fighter):

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Bull_h10

This guy is going to be the town preacher, Reverend Lewton Rudd (still have to get him clothes and a couple Bibles):

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Revere10

Not sure who this is going to be yet, but I think Marshal Montgomery would make for a good Old West gentleman:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 S-l16130

Saw this head sculpt, which has a really fancy hairstyle appropriate for the period (already have a painter lined up for her); she's either going to be the Cathouse Madam or an Actress):

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 S-l16129

Saloon Girl:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 S-l16131

All of the following items are Barbie things. All of these four items will probably go to the Madam or Actress above. First is a fancy gown that I may have to have modified or recreated. Second is a recreation of an 1880s/Victorian Slip/Nightgown. Third is a Victorian era Dressing Gown. And fourth is an hat and parasol:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 S-l16133
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 S-l16138
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 S-l16132
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 S-l16136

Not sure what this guy is going to be (I was thinking a cowpuncher/cowboy):

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 S-l16135

Same for this guy (maybe/probably?):

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 S-l16137

42Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:05 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Those are some excellent additions for what you're doing. Was some of this in the Toy Anxiety sale (which ends today)? By the way, there exist miniature bibles that work for sixth scale -- and I don't necessarily mean accurate ones -- which should come in handy for the Reverend Lewton Rud.

43Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:41 pm

Melancholia

That's a lot of hard work and planning, looks like you have everything covered. Can't wait to see pictures!

44Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:02 am

Diana

Diana
Oooh! Mark, those are excellent additions! Regarding those last two guys:

The first one clearly has money. And they are both well groomed. I'm seeing a banker or the owner of the saloon or barber shop. The guy underneath is his older brother. Rough past and the old debts catch up with him once in a while, but he's a good guy, loyal to his brother, treats the ladies with respect (moreso than his brother). He straightened out after losing the love of his life, which he blamed himself for, but he has made peace with it by putting himself in service of the community. His brother had something to do with it though, if only coincidentally, but his brother never told him that story. "Truth can do more harm than Good" would be his excuse, but he's really just looking out for himself, not wanting to risk family ties. Or his reputation.

Just a little offering. Smile

45Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:01 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

Thanks.

Diana wrote:Oooh! Mark, those are excellent additions! Regarding those last two guys:

The first one clearly has money. And they are both well groomed. I'm seeing a banker or the owner of the saloon or barber shop. The guy underneath is his older brother. Rough past and the old debts catch up with him once in a while, but he's a good guy, loyal to his brother, treats the ladies with respect (moreso than his brother). He straightened out after losing the love of his life, which he blamed himself for, but he has made peace with it by putting himself in service of the community. His brother had something to do with it though, if only coincidentally, but his brother never told him that story. "Truth can do more harm than Good" would be his excuse, but he's really just looking out for himself, not wanting to risk family ties. Or his reputation.

Just a little offering. Smile

Interesting storyline, Diana. Thanks for the suggestion.

46Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:33 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Just received another head sculpt for my Western figures; needed one for that WorldBox “Fat Man” body.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Bf43c810

47Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:42 am

Melancholia

LOVE Vincent D'Onofrio, aka Kingpin! Don't love the weight he has to put on to play the role. He's actually quite a magnificently handsome man. My next husband...

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 63b03d14

48Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:10 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Melancholia wrote:LOVE Vincent D'Onofrio, aka Kingpin!  Don't love the weight he has to put on to play the role.  He's actually quite a magnificently handsome man.  My next husband...

Is there a current Mr. Meloncholia, and is he aware of your future plans? Very Happy

Received both Hot Toys Sweeney Todd (hated the movie) and a Kaustic Plastik/Infinite Statue Bud Spencer figures. Going to use the chair, accessories, and most of the clothes for my Western town Barber, so no pics yet. I took one quick of Bud, but didn’t have time to load it. The Bud figure looks excellent, but the ankles are weak and he can’t stand for long on his own.

49Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:58 pm

m76

m76
shazzdan wrote:I have wanted to get a 1:6 Harley Quinn for my collection but not enough to pay hundreds of dollars for the ones on offer. A few weeks ago I stumbled upon this.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004063308294.html

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 HTB10JlNeQ5E3KVjSZFCq6zuzXXaf

The price was cheap enough to take a risk so I ordered one and was pleasantly surprised. The scale is correct and the movie likeness is good. The headsculpt is decent and the accessories are cool. Overall I'm happy with her. The downsides are that the hair is sculpted and she is in a fixed pose. Sculpted hair doesn't bother me as much as it does other people and she is in a pose that I would have chosen anyway so it is all good. Upside is that she is a PVC statue so she has no seamed joints. Conclusion: well worth the purchase price. If I stand her among my other characters, you can't tell that she isn't an action figure.

I ordered the same figure, but I'm a bit more disappointed. Don't get me wrong for the price it is great value, but many of the reviews were gushing about it how it is almost hot toys / sideshow quality. That couldn't be farther from the truth.

First the good:

• The head sculpt is decent, it is quite accurate
  • The shirt is real fabric
  • The Scale is good
  • It comes with an elaborate figure stand, but it can be made to stand on its own too (I hate using stands for display)

Unfortunately that's all the positives, now here are the negatives:

• The stockings are only painted on the figure, not real, it looks rough up close
  • Same for the pants it is molded into the figure and painted on, not real cloth
  • Despite not being articulated the thighs protrude awkwardly at the hip joint, I think it looks weird
  • The stink! I don't know what this figure is made of but it has a disgusting chemical stink, I hope these fumes aren't toxic and they go away with time.
  • I ordered mine with a box. The only problem that the figure came outside the box and the box is flat packed, so it serves no purpose, unless I wanted to resell the figure, which was obviously not my goal.
  • They shipped it in a plastic bag, only with some padding, the figure wasn't damaged but there were crinkles in the "box".
  • I wish the head was removable to be used with other figures, that would alleviate my buyers remorse with this.

If the reviews didn't say it's so high quality I would not have ordered it probably. So those are very misleading.

http://madblog.shacknet.us

50Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:22 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The reviews were probably for the REAL Hot Toys version, which I have. Aside from the ugly knees it’s a pretty nice figure. This knock off isn’t even close, but it’s acceptable if you want a cheap alternative.

51Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:35 pm

m76

m76
Stryker2011 wrote:The reviews were probably for the REAL Hot Toys version, which I have. Aside from the ugly knees it’s a pretty nice figure. This knock off isn’t even close, but it’s acceptable if you want a cheap alternative.
No, I meant the reviews on aliexpress for this exact seller.

http://madblog.shacknet.us

52Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:09 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
m76 wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:The reviews were probably for the REAL Hot Toys version, which I have. Aside from the ugly knees it’s a pretty nice figure. This knock off isn’t even close, but it’s acceptable if you want a cheap alternative.
No, I meant the reviews on aliexpress for this exact seller.

Ahh, my mistake.

53Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:17 pm

Melancholia

Mr. Melancholia is pretty darn awesome too... what a dilemma! I've seen a dress for sale on one of the toystore websites from Westworld that would fit in your world perfectly. I'll see if I can find it. If you're aware of the show it's the blue dress with petticoats the robot blonde farmgirl wears.

54Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:18 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Just received three figures in today:

Hot Toys: WandaVision -- Vision (never got the Avengers version). Pretty cool looking.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 276810

Threezero: Game of Thrones - Jorah Mormont (already popped the head off to use for my Western stuff, as the rest is going to my main villain for my wife's book characters).

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Threez22

CooModel: Legends of Empire - Priesthood of the Holy War (standard edition)

This guy is pretty cool looking. Broke everything down and stripped him down to his undershirt -- no pants -- as I needed an old dude for my Western stuff. I can use the small cross on a chain for another character (this wasn't shown in any of the promo images), and the staff cross that he has is solid metal and nicely made. He looks just like the promo pics.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 19580311

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum