OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Superduck Cowgirl is here!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Empty New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:44 am

Melancholia

I received her a few days ago after being on preorder for what felt like eternity.  She was surprisingly easy to photograph and nothing on her costume fell off or disintegrated, which is rare in the action figure 1/6 world.  I didn't realize each bullet in her belt is individually put in, not glued, so I lost one right away.  I plan on gluing them in for the future, since I see no benefit to them just placed in each holder loosely, I don't think she'll be needing to load her gun anytime soon-ever.

New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Retouc11
New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Retouc10

2New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Empty Re: New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:58 am

Melancholia

I just realized this should've been posted in the latest purchase thread...my bad...

3New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Empty Re: New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:20 am

ElBundy

ElBundy
Nice pictures! The figure looks great and the quality of the PU leather parts seems to be good. I pre-ordered the Long Shan female 'Bounty Hunter' and hope to get a similar quality.

4New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Empty Re: New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:33 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Not feeling that head sculpt. Verycool did a better job several years ago with one of their shooter sets for a blonde Alba likeness.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

New Superduck Cowgirl is here! C8485110

5New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Empty Re: New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:37 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Clearly more cosplay, dress up, etc, than anything like realistic, but it looks very good and the quality seems excellent. The head sculpt is fine in itself, but yes, not a very good Jessica Alba.

6New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Empty Re: New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:10 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
GubernatorFan wrote:Clearly more cosplay, dress up, etc, than anything like realistic, but it looks very good and the quality seems excellent. The head sculpt is fine in itself, but yes, not a very good Jessica Alba.

It's actually much closer to the dancing outfit of Nancy Callahan (Jessica Alba) in "Sin City" than SD's previous version. I completely agree that the head sculpt is only "OK" and does not reach the quality of Very Cool's Max-head. I guess a lot of people will now wait for VC's upcoming "Red Spider" set to snatch the re-released Alba-head for their "cow-girl".  Smile

P.S. Great photos, Faith! Thanks for sharing.

7New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Empty Re: New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:23 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great figure, I like it. Her photo style is very sharp and clear. In the pictures she looks like a real person.

8New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Empty Re: New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:36 pm

Melancholia

Thanks guys, never realized it was supposed to be Jessica Alba...I think of her as more 'cute' than pretty.  I was a bit disappointed with the head sculpt, but I guess I have enough beauty head sculpts, so a cute gal is welcome.  She looks especially good with her hat partially concealing her face, ooh, my bad!  I broke her knee pulling the chaps on, so no line dancing for this Cowgirl.  First time I ever broke a seamless figure...

New Superduck Cowgirl is here! 20221110

9New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Empty Re: New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:28 am

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Nice pics, Melancholia, can't wait to get mine.
What body did you use?
Seems to me that's one of the smaller recent TBLeague bodies,
so I'm wondering how you accidentally broke the knee when it has a steel skeleton.

10New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Empty Re: New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:23 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice looking figure

11New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Empty Re: New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:14 pm

Melancholia

She's actually a big girl (with huge flipper feet) S43a which is reccomended on most sites that sell that particular cowgirl costume.  Her leg didn't snap in half or break off, it just doesn't 'click' and stay bent anymore.  So there must be a problem with that mechanism.  I'm not mechanically inclined as some of you all are so I have no idea how to fix it or if I want to do invasive surgery on her knee.  I'm more inclined to ignore it and put it down as a lesson learned, that even these steel skeletons aren't that tough... I will have to do some research to find where I bought it and make sure that it is an S43a...It does match the head perfectly though.  Did the research, yes, it is an S43a.

12New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Empty Re: New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:46 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Seeing as how the knee is covered up, you could cut into the back of the leg and see if the knee joint hasn’t just “popped out” of the socket, put it back in and clamp down hard with a pair of pliers to close the joint shut, then glue the skin back together — though it probably wouldn’t really need to be as it’s buried under the chaps.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

New Superduck Cowgirl is here! C8485110

13New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Empty Re: New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:13 am

Melancholia

Thanks for the suggestion. I saved a search that sells glue to repair these tears, as I never keep my dolls in the same clothes for more than a couple of months. But yes, I shall try that!

14New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Empty Re: New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:51 am

Illusion

Illusion
Melancholia wrote:I just realized this should've been posted in the latest purchase thread...my bad...

well, the latest purchase thread is nice for a quick shot… but to really discuss a new addition and to find pics and information again later, it is better to have separate posts (or posts by user). My opinion…

I like the figure. You can find traces of J Alba in the HS but likeness obviously is not spectacular. Nice enough head by itself. Nice outfit, though not for my collection. But I did like that character and outfit in Sin City.
Too bad you broke the knee… Happened to me once with an elbow but with an old plastic skeleton, not steel. With the steel skeletons there is nothing to click and latch anymore, so I am not sure what happened…

Yes, when using glue on these bodies, be careful, because some glues dissolve the material. But depending how large the cut is, it will be ok without glue (esp when there are clothes or shoes covering it).

15New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Empty Re: New Superduck Cowgirl is here! Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:49 pm

Melancholia

Thanks for the advice, I didn't realize the glue would be caustic... And the knee, well it bends but doesn't 'catch' I guess you could say, so it doesn't hold a position. But I will try Stryker's idea and have a look see. In the end, it's not really a huge deal to me as I don't pose mine with their lower leg lifted very often.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum