OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Custom Han Solo head painting and kitbash (updated November 8)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

ukshaun

Very good. I definitely see Harrison Ford.
His lower eyelid is slightly over done, resulting in a slight eyeliner look. I know how difficult it is to paint at 1/6th scale.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

BAMComix

Nice work Ian!

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:Very good. I definitely see Harrison Ford.
His lower eyelid is slightly over done, resulting in a slight eyeliner look. I know how difficult it is to paint at 1/6th scale.

Thank you very much. Of course, I cannot claim any credit for the sculpt -- that is all Mark's sculptor, who did a phenomenal job. I agree about the lower eyelid, and I tried to minimize this effect in the update. Painting (male) eyelashes is a daunting task even with a 4/0 brush, and yet one needs that line at the bottom of the eye for it to look right in most cases, including this one. Instead of trying to paint it, nowadays I just leave some of the dark first layer of paint uncovered by the subsequent 2-3 layers of fleshtone, covering up as much as is needed and safe to do. I think it is better than the first go, although there is surely plenty of room for improvement.

BAMComix wrote:Nice work Ian!

Thank you very much, Dal, I'm glad you liked it. Seems I'm stuck in Star Wars customs these days.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

BAMComix

GubernatorFan wrote:Thank you very much, Dal, I'm glad you liked it. Seems I'm stuck in Star Wars customs these days.

Nothing wrong with that! Very Happy

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
GubernatorFan wrote:

Custom Han Solo head painting and kitbash (updated November 8) - Page 2 Han0610

Excellent paint work, Gub!

Had a good laugh with this one. I've always wondered if the actual picture was ever published in a magazine like Rolling Stones, like the one with slave Leia at the beach
or just Ford fooling around at the set.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ironic. Shades of Ford’s attitude about the character that made him a mega-star… Mad

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Custom Han Solo head painting and kitbash (updated November 8) - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:Nothing wrong with that! Very Happy

Thanks!

rollotomasi wrote:
Excellent paint work, Gub!

Had a good laugh with this one. I've always wondered if the actual picture was ever published in a magazine like Rolling Stones, like the one with slave Leia at the beach
or just Ford fooling around at the set.

Thank you very much, Rollo, glad you liked it! About that photo, I know next to nothing other than it exists and is always brought up when discussing how Harrison Ford thought his character should be killed off (a questionable stance to me, and certainly a waste when it actually happened, but to me the Sequel Era stuff is not just "legends," it is "nightmares" so I don't take it into consideration). Judging by the outfit, the photo was taken during filming of The Empire Strikes Back. There is another take along the same lines:

Custom Han Solo head painting and kitbash (updated November 8) - Page 2 Han110
Custom Han Solo head painting and kitbash (updated November 8) - Page 2 Han210

Stryker2011 wrote:Ironic. Shades of Ford’s attitude about the character that made him a mega-star… Mad
I agree completely!

Pia community

Pia community
Great figure I like very much Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Pia community wrote:Great figure I like very much Very Happy
Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum