OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jaiou Doll Plastic Skeleton Troubles

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jaiou Doll Plastic Skeleton Troubles Empty Jaiou Doll Plastic Skeleton Troubles Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:10 pm

ElectroStingz

ElectroStingz
Hello everyone, I'm new but been passively viewing the forum for a while (great place with some really dedicated and talented work).

So to my problems, I was trying to move the hand off my Jaiou figure when it just snapped off, quite disappointing as I'm usually very careful when doing this.
My friend wanted to help out and examine the body and has conducted a biopsy for me (has advanced technical abilities with this sort of stuff)

Jaiou Doll Plastic Skeleton Troubles WxnDV9x

Jaiou Doll Plastic Skeleton Troubles 0zCzGy5

Jaiou Doll Plastic Skeleton Troubles ESFjLdw

Jaiou Doll Plastic Skeleton Troubles 8N5YMQh

Jaiou Doll Plastic Skeleton Troubles 6mLKkUl

Jaiou Doll Plastic Skeleton Troubles XTi7lPe

In conclusion, the plastic clamp has failed due to fatigue and stress as I have swapped the hands a few times. Further to this the actual quality of the metal rivet is also a contributing factor as seen on the good hand, it's not exactly constructed perfectly. My research has lead me to TBLeague, from what I can see they all have full metal skeletons so will look to get one once I've decided on the model.

2Jaiou Doll Plastic Skeleton Troubles Empty Re: Jaiou Doll Plastic Skeleton Troubles Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:22 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting fix. Sadly, most of us have come to the conclusion that Jiaou Doll sucks compare to TBLeague.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Jaiou Doll Plastic Skeleton Troubles C8485110

3Jaiou Doll Plastic Skeleton Troubles Empty Re: Jaiou Doll Plastic Skeleton Troubles Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:51 pm

ElectroStingz

ElectroStingz
Yeah, wish I had spent more time looking into this but it's a mistake I've learnt from.
(That's not a fix, was showing the feet ball joint construction Smile )

4Jaiou Doll Plastic Skeleton Troubles Empty Re: Jaiou Doll Plastic Skeleton Troubles Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:15 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hello and welcome! That's a very clever way to illustrate the situation. Very Happy

Sorry about the broken hand. It's a good reminder to take extra care with those Jiaou's, though it seems like even being careful does not prevent such problems. :/

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

5Jaiou Doll Plastic Skeleton Troubles Empty Re: Jaiou Doll Plastic Skeleton Troubles Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:01 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Jiaou's plastic skeleton strikes again, this time with a new issue. It is a type of problem you would rarely encounter with TBLeague (there were batches of S12 and M31 bodies that had some wrist peg issues), and there it would usually be theoretically fixable. Sorry for your troubles. Whatever the body, unless they come off very easily, I would advise heating up the hands with a blow dryer before prying off or putting on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum