OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The fearless Vampire Killer

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The fearless Vampire Killer  Empty The fearless Vampire Killer Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:22 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Hi Friends. Ever since i saw the awesome image of upcoming vampire head sculpts i have this scene in my mind. So I need a full cast of R. Polanski's vampire killer film and some sets to serve you this little theatrical performance. I hope I don't lose my inspiration halfway through. Very Happy

This is a fast shot of the scenes in my mind. She´s for sure not such a beauty like Sharon Tate. So i have to search for funny headsculpts that match the original actors. Her hAir is not bad so far. After watching pictures of her, I think that was Sharons real hair. She was a real beauty.

With Thanks to Mr. Polanski and Mrs. Tate for the inspiriation.

The fearless Vampire Killer  Dfb70d10

The fearless Vampire Killer  Imago010

The fearless Vampire Killer  00333

2The fearless Vampire Killer  Empty Re: The fearless Vampire Killer Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:30 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
I did not see the movie so I looked at your three sample pictures and thought: Oh that is a cool idea, lets see how it will turn out!  bounce

Then I realized...wait a second...Oh 

Awesome stuff, always love your work Eph! Great pic and what a great scene you created here  Smile

3The fearless Vampire Killer  Empty Re: The fearless Vampire Killer Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:58 am

davidd

davidd
Ohhhh! That bathtub room scene diorama is FANTASTIC!!!!!

You really captured the cinematic look of the film, for sure!

Is that a MyScene tub? I love the texturing of the walls.

And that head sculpt is gorgeous! Did you custom re-root the hair?

4The fearless Vampire Killer  Empty Re: The fearless Vampire Killer Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:11 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Outstanding work my friend! You know I'm a huge fan of your work and this buxom beauty just proves why!Is that a custom head? As Dave says the dio is excellent!

5The fearless Vampire Killer  Empty Re: The fearless Vampire Killer Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:21 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s fantastic, Ephi. The room looks really well done. What head is that that you’re using for Sharon Tate. The Fearless Vampire Killers is one of my favorite movies, and I’ve been dying to make custom figures of the 4 main characters.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The fearless Vampire Killer  C8485110

6The fearless Vampire Killer  Empty Re: The fearless Vampire Killer Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:37 pm

Trigan

Simply beautiful, need that headsculpt too^^

7The fearless Vampire Killer  Empty Re: The fearless Vampire Killer Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:37 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
For a moment i thought i was looking at a still from the movie. The portrait looks life-like. The bath bubbles fooled me also. The penny dropped only when my eye was drawn to the base of her smooth right foot and the large size of the flames. Her right leg and stomach area look very life-like.

I must check out The fearless Vampire Killer

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

8The fearless Vampire Killer  Empty Re: The fearless Vampire Killer Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:54 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:For a moment i thought i was looking at a still from the movie. The portrait looks life-like. The bath bubbles fooled me also. The penny dropped only when my eye was drawn to the base of her smooth right foot and the large size of the flames. Her right leg and stomach area look very life-like.

Don’t forget the s at the end of Killer when you do your search. It’s wildly weird and funny. Sadly, it’s one of the last times Polanski was directing darkly humorous movies before the tragic murder of his wife Ms. Tate.

9The fearless Vampire Killer  Empty Re: The fearless Vampire Killer Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:01 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2011 wrote:
ukshaun wrote:For a moment i thought i was looking at a still from the movie. The portrait looks life-like. The bath bubbles fooled me also. The penny dropped only when my eye was drawn to the base of her smooth right foot and the large size of the flames. Her right leg and stomach area look very life-like.

Don’t forget the s at the end of Killer when you do your search. It’s wildly weird and funny. Sadly, it’s one of the last times Polanski was directing darkly humorous movies before the tragic murder of his wife Ms. Tate.

I have watched the entertaining Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood, which touches on Polanski and Ms. Tate
The focus tends to be on Rick Dalton and his stuntman Cliff Booth. It is a film i really really like.

I will search for:
The fearless Vampire Killers

10The fearless Vampire Killer  Empty Re: The fearless Vampire Killer Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:14 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Another excellent custom, and so beautifully presented. You put her in real water and bubbles, didn't you? Between that and the face app smile, and the beautiful diorama, it looks so very real. Awesome work, all the effort paid off.

11The fearless Vampire Killer  Empty Re: The fearless Vampire Killer Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:29 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thank You very much all for the nice comments ! This is just one test scene to check how i can do it.  Wink

The bathtub is a 10 $ piece from Amazon. Sorry i have the text only in german. If You type in Deko Badewanne Kunststoff weiß 26x13x14cm I hope You can find it. No brand on it.  
The Hair is a old dusty mohair wig. She has a bad Hair day now.  Laughing  I try to made a new one for her, but the Colour is not the same the actress had. Red Hair is not Red Hair.  Very Happy

The fearless Vampire Killer  Img_0511

To the friends here who haven't seen the film yet. It is a masterpiece. Full of humour, sarcasm, romance, suspense and of course horror! Every single character in the film is whimsical, funny and original. You have to see them.

The head sculpt is by Facepool. I chose this one because it allows me to show two facial expressions. In the original, this is one of the few heads that expresses anything resembling fear. She can then smile with the Faceapp. I need this for my little theater performance. This is the original facial expression. The movie character Sarah loves to take baths so I couldn't resist giving her a smile.

Oh, the bubbles are... bubbles. Very Happy It´s real water with some shampoo.

The fearless Vampire Killer  00136

12The fearless Vampire Killer  Empty Re: The fearless Vampire Killer Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:25 am

Diana

Diana
What a beautiful scene! I especially love the wooden paneling and floor boards. And the "table". And of course the character herself. Love the hair just as it is! Very nice.

13The fearless Vampire Killer  Empty Re: The fearless Vampire Killer Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:56 am

davidd

davidd
Thank you for the information about the head sculpt and the bath tub.

And for another look at the... wall. Yes, I'm intently studying the details of the... wall. Embarassed

14The fearless Vampire Killer  Empty Re: The fearless Vampire Killer Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:49 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
The wooden floor and walls look great!

15The fearless Vampire Killer  Empty Re: The fearless Vampire Killer Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:53 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! I never would have guessed that head. Excellent FaceApp manipulation. And I agree about the floors and walls. Always excellent work. Now you just need a Ferdy Mayne lookalike to reproduced the Count.

16The fearless Vampire Killer  Empty Re: The fearless Vampire Killer Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:56 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Now that you showed it, I recognized it. One of your favorite heads, and so well used in this excellent custom. I know Dave is being ever so slightly ironic about being fixated on the walls and floor, but they are a work of art.

17The fearless Vampire Killer  Empty Re: The fearless Vampire Killer Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:42 am

Illusion

Illusion
Impressive shot!!!
Perfect choice of head and hair - of course I do love this environment to. Fits so beautifully!

Looking forward to what is yet to come Cool

18The fearless Vampire Killer  Empty Re: The fearless Vampire Killer Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:31 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Great tribute, making the hair so voluminous gives her a real presence. It's really a fun facepool head, rehaired her once for a commission with a very different hairstyle.
She also does a great job hiding her wrist seams with foam. Excellent mood created with the real candle light.

I faintly remember having watched the movie as a kid but don't remember that much anymore. Tate mostly make me think of her sad tragic faith and my hate against true crime and pop cultural serial killer glorification.

I know it's another decade, but the Vampire theme reminded me of this beautiful Dracula shooting:
http://forum.action-figure-district.de/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3587

19The fearless Vampire Killer  Empty Re: The fearless Vampire Killer Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:34 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Really great shots, it's not a film I know but you did a great job, the lighting and the tub are very nice and using real bubbles too.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! The fearless Vampire Killer  1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum