OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Honoka (DOA) Custom

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Honoka (DOA) Custom Empty Honoka (DOA) Custom Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:55 am

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Hey folks, I have two new customs for you all. I am going to have two separate threads here, mostly for ease of finding.

As you may know, I am in the process of making my fav characters from the Dead or Alive series of video games. I have so far done Kasumi (which was my biggest project (figure and diorama) and is my favorite by a wide margin) and Ayane (who got my second diorama). I mentioned, I think in the Kasumi thread, that Honoka, Hitomi and Kokoro would be coming at some point. Well, it is time for Honoka!

If you would like to learn about the character, here is the wiki page: https://deadoralive.fandom.com/wiki/Honoka

Details of the figure

- The body is a TBL S38
- The head sculpt is a custom, 3D printed head, printed by me on a Anycubic Mono 4K resin printer. Source file came directly from the game.
- I originally had a different head sculpt bought on eBay. It isn't a bad sculpt, but the eyes were an issue once painted. So I went a different route by making my own.
- The painting, hair, and tailoring were all done by me.
- The eyes were hand painted by me on the original sculpt. The new sculpt uses decals (thanks Gub and Stryker for the info that was even a thing!) and UV resin for the top coat.
- The outfit is based on a DLC from DOA6. Don't ask me why, but it has a nautical feel to me.
- I thought about doing her more typical school uniform outfit, but it isn't something I thought I could make, and buying the clothes for a S38 is, well, NOT easy.  That and I don't like the school uniform.

Now for the pictures! (I apologize for any blurriness, my camera is having trouble focusing (these are the best out of some 100 photos -_-), and I think it is time to replace it).

On the left is the new head sculpt. On the right is the original.
Honoka (DOA) Custom Img_1710

Honoka (DOA) Custom Img_6313
Honoka (DOA) Custom Img_6314
Honoka (DOA) Custom Img_6312
Honoka (DOA) Custom Img_6316
Honoka (DOA) Custom Img_6315
Honoka (DOA) Custom Img_6410
Honoka (DOA) Custom Img_6412
Honoka (DOA) Custom Img_6411

2Honoka (DOA) Custom Empty Re: Honoka (DOA) Custom Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:01 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You've been busy. She seems shocked by something you've done. Smile Have you considered the S28A/S29B body? It is also fuller, but a little less so, and the head might look even better on it.

3Honoka (DOA) Custom Empty Re: Honoka (DOA) Custom Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:46 am

Diana

Diana
Woooow, what an amazing dress. What an amazing figure! Well done once again!

The head does look a little small to me so I welcome Gub's suggestion of trying the S29B, which just so happens to be my favourite body still. Smile

4Honoka (DOA) Custom Empty Re: Honoka (DOA) Custom Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:31 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Great work on your custom DOA figures. They all look very nice. Honoka (DOA) Custom 1f44d Honoka (DOA) Custom 1f44d Honoka (DOA) Custom 1f44d

5Honoka (DOA) Custom Empty Re: Honoka (DOA) Custom Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:21 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The new head looks good, MM&I. Nice upgrade and the outfit is really well done. Great work.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Honoka (DOA) Custom C8485110

6Honoka (DOA) Custom Empty Re: Honoka (DOA) Custom Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:00 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It must be a great feeling to have more completed figures for your lineup. Very detailed work, especially on the hairstyle and sewing. Honoka (DOA) Custom 1f44c

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

7Honoka (DOA) Custom Empty Re: Honoka (DOA) Custom Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:41 am

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
GubernatorFan wrote:You've been busy. She seems shocked by something you've done. Smile Have you considered the S28A/S29B body? It is also fuller, but a little less so, and the head might look even better on it.

*looks around* Where did that sudden wind gust come from??  Shocked

Funny you mention the s28a. I am actually looking at that body for a 2023 project. That said, no, that body will not be used here. The fact of the matter is that Honoka is short (4'11" in 1:1) and, uh, blessed (39" bust because reasons). The 38a isn't perfect I agree, but honestly it is the closest to her in both height and build that I have found. I'll try it out and maybe change my mind, but I'm skeptical. We shall see!

Diana wrote:Woooow, what an amazing dress. What an amazing figure! Well done once again!

The head does look a little small to me so I welcome Gub's suggestion of trying the S29B, which just so happens to be my favourite body still. Smile

Thanks! I feel like this is a figure that is better in person than in photos. lol. That dress...lemme tell you that dress was a headache and a half to make, so I am glad you guys like it. I must say stretchy fabric is the best thing ever for figures like these!

Randam Hajile wrote:Great work on your custom DOA figures. They all look very nice.  Honoka (DOA) Custom 1f44d  Honoka (DOA) Custom 1f44d  Honoka (DOA) Custom 1f44d  

Thank you! Your picture quality is a big inspiration for me and what I try to do, both in pics and subjects. If I can get even a little bit there I will call that a win!

Stryker2011 wrote:The new head looks good, MM&I. Nice upgrade and the outfit is really well done. Great work.

Thank you! The upgrade was why I haven't shared her until now. Honoka has been done from the neck down for about 8 months now  Shocked  lol!

skywalkersaga wrote:It must be a great feeling to have more completed figures for your lineup. Very detailed work, especially on the hairstyle and sewing.  Honoka (DOA) Custom 1f44c

Thank you, Sky! Yeah, it is a great feeling. I'm glad this stretch of projects is nearly done! Speaking of lineups, Kasumi and Ayane have their dioramas, but Honoka and Hitomi hang out with Mai Shiranui and Chun Li on the night stand (my space is, like many, limited). I need to do a photo mashup here soon lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum