OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: AUG TOYS: DL003 1/6 Scale Dune - Paul Atreides in Distillation Suit

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: AUG TOYS: DL003 1/6 Scale Dune - Paul Atreides in Distillation Suit 17505910

Created jointly by American Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. Pictures, and directed by Denis Villeneuve, the new godfather of sci-fi films (director of "Arrival" and "Blade Runner 2049"), the legendary Hollywood sci-fi masterpiece "Dune" series. Based on Frank Herbert's famous science fiction novel, Timothee Chalamet, Rebecca Ferguson, Oscar Isaac, Josh Brolin, Stellan Skarsgard, Starring Zendaya, Chang Chen, Jason Momoa, and Javier Bardem.

Following "Arrival" and "Blade Runner 2049", Denis Villeneuve once again presented the unprecedented sci-fi imagination to everyone.
The "Dune" series of movies this time are not only intense scenes of action and adventure, but also romantic poetry and meticulous performance of inner transformation of characters, perfectly taking into account commercial temperament and artistic level.
In "Dune", in addition to the bloody war scenes, the protagonist Paul's prophetic dreams appear many times, which endows Paul with deeper meaning and legendary color when facing life choices.
Duke Paul Atreides joined the Fremen and began to become their spiritual leader and train the army. Meanwhile, Paul tries to prevent a terrible but inevitable future he's witnessing: a holy war in his name, spreading across the known universe.

"Dune" Paul Atreides Distilled Suit 1:6 Ratio Collectible Doll Product Features:
AUG TOYS This time, based on the shape and proportion of Paul Atreides in the "Dune" movie, AUG TOYS has created a 31cm tall figure with more than 30 adjustable figures. The body with movable joints perfectly restores Paul's body shape.
The gloomy temperament of the actor "Timothée Chalamet" is reflected through the delicate sculpting of the facial contours, and Paul, who is wearing a distilled suit made by the Freemans, shows an unusual charm.
This puppet-style costume makes him look stronger and more visually impactful, and the chiseled armor on his body seems to swear that this person is a leader worthy of others' trust.
On the surface, the distilled suit, which looks simple, contains infinite design essence. Its streamlined shape skillfully strikes a balance between safety and elegance, and the simple and elegant appearance contributes to Paul's majestic image. The material of the still suit feels very real, delicate and unique.
In terms of accessories and details, the elaborate work of the AUGTOYS team added many highlights to the whole outfit, making it more vivid, natural and full of charm.
The handsome design of Paul wearing a distilled suit not only makes Paul look stronger and majestic, but also fully demonstrates the high simulation, high fidelity, and high texture contained in this suit, which can meet the needs of collectors and toy lovers. need.

Product number: DL003
Product ratio: 1/6
Shipping time: 4th quarter of 2023 - 1st quarter of 2024

Product list:
-Basic head carving
-Moveable body with 30 joints
-6 replaceable gloves Hands include:
-One A pair of natural gloved hands
- a pair of holding gloved hands
- a pair of fisting gloved hands Clothing

:
- a close-fitting Fremen still suit
- a sand-proof cloak with built-in wire
- a mask that can be worn on the head, filter Filt-Plug

accessories:
- A Combat Knife of the Atreides family, belt with scabbard
- A Crysknife made by the Fremen from sandworm teeth
- A Freeman Survival Kit
- a shield switch
- specially designed Arrakis desert-shaped platform with character nameplate

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: AUG TOYS: DL003 1/6 Scale Dune - Paul Atreides in Distillation Suit 17510410
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: AUG TOYS: DL003 1/6 Scale Dune - Paul Atreides in Distillation Suit 17511110
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: AUG TOYS: DL003 1/6 Scale Dune - Paul Atreides in Distillation Suit 17513010
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: AUG TOYS: DL003 1/6 Scale Dune - Paul Atreides in Distillation Suit 17514110
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: AUG TOYS: DL003 1/6 Scale Dune - Paul Atreides in Distillation Suit 17521310
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: AUG TOYS: DL003 1/6 Scale Dune - Paul Atreides in Distillation Suit 17523410
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: AUG TOYS: DL003 1/6 Scale Dune - Paul Atreides in Distillation Suit 17523910
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: AUG TOYS: DL003 1/6 Scale Dune - Paul Atreides in Distillation Suit 17524610
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: AUG TOYS: DL003 1/6 Scale Dune - Paul Atreides in Distillation Suit 17525210
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: AUG TOYS: DL003 1/6 Scale Dune - Paul Atreides in Distillation Suit 17525710
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: AUG TOYS: DL003 1/6 Scale Dune - Paul Atreides in Distillation Suit 17530310
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: AUG TOYS: DL003 1/6 Scale Dune - Paul Atreides in Distillation Suit 17530911

#newproduct #AugToys #Dune #PaulAtreidas #DistillationSuit #male #Sci-Fi #movie

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I can’t take these Emo kids seriously in these “tough guy” roles. Kind of like that weird freak they have playing The Flash now. As a figure it looks good, but not for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: AUG TOYS: DL003 1/6 Scale Dune - Paul Atreides in Distillation Suit 1f10

Valiarde

Valiarde
Love the outfit. Film was ok. Undecided on the figure

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I wish I liked this actor more (don't really understand the appeal of him), because that headsculpt seems really nice quality.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The figure and likeness look excellent. Which is of no great benefit to me, because I really don't appreciate the actor (you're not alone Sky). That said, I did make myself watch the movie when it was on HBO and, despite what I considered questionable casting (as here), I did like it overall. MBAM was right in urging me to give it a chance. As for this... I am tempted to get the head simply because I'm so impressed with how accurate they managed to get it (whether I like or need it or not), but I'm certainly not interested in the whole thing.

Ovy

Ovy
Looks gorgeous. Although I think they took some shortcuts with the stilsuit design, but it fits the overall brutalist look of the movie. Would have been great with a cap/head covering. But who am I to complain about products I'd never buy anyway.

Stryker2012 wrote:I can’t take these Emo kids seriously in these “tough guy” roles. Kind of like that weird freak they have playing The Flash now. As a figure it looks good, but not for me.
Well the character is a fifteen year old super rich pretty highly educated aristocrat, bred to be a leader from birth and trained to fight scheming opponents on all sides, I think it was a fitting cast. Laughing

E: BTW do those tubes in the groin area look kinda photoshopped?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:
Stryker2012 wrote:I can’t take these Emo kids seriously in these “tough guy” roles. Kind of like that weird freak they have playing The Flash now. As a figure it looks good, but not for me.
Well the character is a fifteen year old super rich pretty highly educated aristocrat, bred to be a leader from birth and trained to fight scheming opponents on all sides, I think it was a fitting cast. Laughing

E: BTW do those tubes in the groin area look kinda photoshopped?
I'm not sure I agree that he was bound to be an emo kid -- he could just as likely (and perhaps more likely) have been a jock. But then again, I never understood this actor's appeal. At any rate, I'm not enough of a Dune expert to know what casting is appropriate for Paul. Of the three versions of Dune I have seen, my favorite is still the Sci Fi mini series.
That groin area really does stand out, doesn't it? Kinda like that HT Robin, that was just a little too happy to meet you. But I suppose here this is the fault of the original movie design.

Ghost808

Ghost808

As a bit of a Dune super fan, I wasn't sold on him as Paul when he was first announced, but he's actually perfect for the role.

The point of the character at the start, is that he's an out-of-his-depth teenager, suddenly thrust (manipulated) into a desperate situation before he's ready. He's not actually supposed to be a "tough guy", not until much later in the story at least.
He grows to become a military and spiritual leader over the course of the book.
It'll be interesting to see how the actor transitions to a tougher character in part two this winter.

I really like the figure, but I'd prefer a Chani, or Stilgar instead.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Ghost808 wrote:

As a bit of a Dune super fan, I wasn't sold on him as Paul when he was first announced, but he's actually perfect for the role.

The point of the character at the start, is that he's an out-of-his-depth teenager, suddenly thrust (manipulated) into a desperate situation before he's ready. He's not actually supposed to be a "tough guy", not until much later in the story at least.
He grows to become a military and spiritual leader over the course of the book.
It'll be interesting to see how the actor transitions to a tougher character in part two this winter.

I really like the figure, but I'd prefer a Chani, or Stilgar instead.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same. I wasn't impressed with the choice of actor but I liked the first movie enough to want to see how the character develops in the second one.

Diana

Diana
Oh this is the one I've been waiting for. I'm definitely getting this.
I LOVED the movie and can't wait to see the next one. I only have a vague memory of the movies I previously saw (with Sting?) so I suppose it helps when you go in with only vague expectations. Smile

shazzdan

shazzdan
Diana wrote:Oh this is the one I've been waiting for. I'm definitely getting this.
I LOVED the movie and can't wait to see the next one. I only have a vague memory of the movies I previously saw (with Sting?) so I suppose it helps when you go in with only vague expectations. Smile

This is a fan-edited version of the 1984 movie. IMO it is less confusing than the cinema release, which was a bit of a mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faHQA_0d9Mo

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:
Diana wrote:Oh this is the one I've been waiting for. I'm definitely getting this.

This is a fan-edited version of the 1984 movie. IMO it is less confusing than the cinema release, which was a bit of a mess.

Yes, Diana, with Sting. That was good in itself. I just prefer the series, which of course is a different kind of animal.
Thanks for the link, Dan. I remember I showed that film for movie night one time, and to everyone's surprise, including my own, there was this long intro no one expected (maybe it was usually cut from the TV versions or something). I'll look at what you provided.

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:
shazzdan wrote:

Yes, Diana, with Sting. That was good in itself. I just prefer the series, which of course is a different kind of animal.
Thanks for the link, Dan. I remember I showed that film for movie night one time, and to everyone's surprise, including my own, there was this long intro no one expected (maybe it was usually cut from the TV versions or something). I'll look at what you provided.

Thank you! Clearly I have a few hours of screen time ahead of me. Very Happy

blackpool

blackpool

Same here, this is THE version I wanted! I hope they'll make Zendaya and Javier Bardem to line up with him.

I loved the first movie, to my eyes it finally brought the books to the screen with the needed strength and power (I'm not gonna get friends on this one, but I find the Lynch movie highly overrated, his ideas and visuals were kinda mixed with the aborted work of Jodorowsky, the result is super sketchy, some sequences are superb, some others are weaker than a cosmos999 or "V" episode...)

As for Chalamet, I don't like the actor that much, but I found him convincing and quite on spot to play a young spoiled prince. I found the whole cast really good actually, now I'm waiting to see Chris Walken as the emperor!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum