OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

kghobby vs Giantoy for Gametoys

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1kghobby vs Giantoy for Gametoys Empty kghobby vs Giantoy for Gametoys Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:17 pm

GypsyDanger

Hello,

This is my first post here, so apologies if I am posting my question in the wrong section.

I want to purchase the Gametoys Tifa, and I saw it listed on Giantoys for $345, while kghobby has it for $245, but without shipping. I would like to go with the cheaper option of course. But, is that legit? It feels a bit too good to be true. Or, do they make up for the difference by raising the shipping price when the figure is released?

This is my first purchase at that price level so a bit worried about losing the money for no figure in the end.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you for reading my post.

2kghobby vs Giantoy for Gametoys Empty Re: kghobby vs Giantoy for Gametoys Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:31 am

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
What I can tell you is Giantoy has excellent customer service, and the shipping is built into the price. KGHobby charges insane shipping (especially if you’re in the US), so you’d end up probably being close to the Giantoy price anyway; plus, of late, I’ve heard that KG’s customer service has gone down hill of late.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

kghobby vs Giantoy for Gametoys 1f10

3kghobby vs Giantoy for Gametoys Empty Re: kghobby vs Giantoy for Gametoys Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:56 am

Diana

Diana
I am in Germany and in my experience Giantoy gets the release to me faster, unless it's a pre-order of a TBL body, in which case they arrived at the same time (I did test this once. ^^)

I have however ordered with KG multiple times, always for the Hot Toys stuff, happy to wait since the difference in price was worth the wait to me. You can always pretend to want to purchase a similar in-stock item and cancel the process once you know the shipping cost. That way at least you have an estimate.

I doubt they would raise shipping costs to make money. But of course shipping costs can change over time.

I only had an issue with KG once: I cancelled one of two TBL figures I had in the same order and they overlooked (?) the remaining one I still wanted. A couple of months later after everyone had already received theirs I contacted them. Communication was slow, but I didn't hassle them at all and they came through a couple of weeks later. So all good.

4kghobby vs Giantoy for Gametoys Empty Re: kghobby vs Giantoy for Gametoys Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:43 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
kghobby is legit and if you put the figure into your cart and go to the next step you can see the estimated shipping costs. I ordered many things with them and they never raised shipping (I alway paid full upfront though for an additional 3% savings)

Both sellers are legit very good

5kghobby vs Giantoy for Gametoys Empty Re: kghobby vs Giantoy for Gametoys Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:33 pm

GypsyDanger

Thank you so much for all your help! Especially thank you Valiarde for the tip about finding shipping. I didn’t realize they gave the estimate if I added the item to cart as full price. The difference between Giantoy and kghobby came to around $15. So I decided to go with Giantoy just to be safe given the information others provided. Thank you again and apologies for replying late.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum