OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Empty Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:35 pm

Allotropos

Allotropos
This is not the Ciri you know.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon JS7B8IM

Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon is not only a fully-fledged Witcher, she is also one without equal.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon QLN4BVTCirilla Fiona Elen Riannon LXtfS5JCirilla Fiona Elen Riannon OALe2jI
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon BHUIrPf
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon GPJiDY2

She underwent the Witcher trails and mutations - giving her superhuman reflexes, speed, strength and senses.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon A1oCjSZ
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon KHlXGwe

The various potions in addition to her Elder blood makes her an unstoppable force.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon SaClZJA

Her ability to conjure weapons with magic comes in handy for only magic works on dispatching creatures born of spells.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon De32ocw

Together with Roach, she roams the continent (often) alone, seeking to rid the world of monsters for a fair price.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon 6B1wSRk

In her travels, she’s come across a variety of humans and creatures of all shapes, sizes and appearances. Some bearing wisdom, some wanting to be left alone while others are not what they appear to be.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon 2afNnjACirilla Fiona Elen Riannon 3JadDvT
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon JdaTbmD

It is in this time spent wondering the continent that she learnt the term “monster” is subjective and she has come to terms with that.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon S71tEMRCirilla Fiona Elen Riannon DD7Ppud

She’s seen enough to know that monsters are more than just horrid looks and claws and teeth - monsters are born of deeds done…UNFORGIVABLE ones.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon T1cZXpY

In between jobs, she does enjoy the occasional game of Gwent and drinks at the local taverns, relieving poor drunken souls off their coins and precious possessions.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon SDJ7PBK
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Ya0nxsy
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon HdAEEKx
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon TjwNebQ
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon ChnkvPi

References for the Tavern set up :
• The tavern scene from the Witcher gwent game promo
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon NwZPo40

MODS :
MTT009 is an overall nice set with mostly good parts.
Limited articulation is a pet peeve of mine and she had zero articulation at the wrists and ankles. I also felt like her clothing didn’t fit (or sit on) her quite right.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon UgLGUft

The changes I made took her further away from what she originally looks like out of the box (or her character in the game for that matter).
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon ZIu18Ou

Here’s what I did from top to bottom :
1. Swapped out the body
2. Removed her sports bra (doesn’t need it - she has elder magic to keep them supported)
3. Didn’t like the way the corset wrapped around her so added material to hug her body better with more height.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Mm8lzN8

4. Pants : The pleather pants will deteriorate in time so I decided not to use it, saving myself the grief of needing to swap it out later when it starts to peel.
    a. used black tights to retain the shape of her buns
    b. made assless chaps type of thigh wraps so you can still see that shape
    c. added weapons and some accessories on both sides
    d. added chainmaille sleeves from my parts bin for knee and shin protection and made some straps to keep them in place
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon TGcItHb

5. Moved things around, added an extra belt and made a detachable pouch to carry her crossbow arrows.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon YtGnRzV

6. Left her collar open, rethreaded and beaded the blouse ties. Used gold beads to give her a pop of colour.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon S6CTk1r

7. Added additional arm bands for a bit more length to the existing, changed the right band strap to give it more colour and to thin it down. Modded her left arm band to hold her potions.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Tl5HZmX

8. 1 piece stock hands : I initially cut them at the wrist with the idea to connect the 2 ends with some sort of fabric to aid with the articulation but I didn’t like how they looked so chucked ‘em – I ended up using different hands and also made matching arm sleeves instead for wrist articulation.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon OuyN0UI

9. Boots – cut them at the ankle and made the boot cuffs / sleeves to give her ankle articulation, slapped on a few buckles and straps.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon DsIfcDI

10. Headsculpt – very nice but prefer the look of the custom I am using (will keep the stock headsculpt for other projects)
11. Added a choker (didn’t want her neck looking so bare) and made the medallion hang higher up around her neck.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon K4ms05l

12. Sword sheath and side pouch – used magnets to hold them in place and to make it look like it has some weight to stretch across her body better and not just loosey goosey like. It now has a more realistic sling over her shoulder.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon FiWCtrH

13. Dagger and sheath – secured it to the belt with the grip at a downward angle to which I think will be easier for her to draw her dagger when needed.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon OOlAe1X

14. Made a chain and hooks weapon. She also has one crossbow to be always kept on Roach and a second crossbow comes with a sling strap so that she can carry it around when she needs to.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon EfcTCpUCirilla Fiona Elen Riannon WYq7Li5

Props :
I had no choice but to buy some of them but I scratch built the rest.
1. Ebay wooden barrels + nick knacks from the parts bin.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon 42GG3BB

2. Dead / Undead faeries are from ETSY (MonsterLabStudios and Umbreatheca).
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon U8cYSFeCirilla Fiona Elen Riannon HiowDy0

3. Table and table fillers (none of these needed to look pretty since they’re just background props) :
    a. scratch built 1 table, 2 chairs and a stool
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon RDdVOCwCirilla Fiona Elen Riannon PHAed73

b. made candles on a stand,
    c. made and painted up some ‘tavern-like’ food to fill the table
    d. Decided not to affix them to the table in case I needed to move them around or in case I want to reuse furniture.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon X1wW9ANCirilla Fiona Elen Riannon MFIUHGb

e. Scratch built a few mugs from pieces of scored styrene plates. I originally used wood but that took longer as I had to cut out individual pieces then glue them on) – foam is small wads of cotton soaked in clear resin so it will harden. Not the best effect but good enough from afar. Spillage effects on the table is just hot glue.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon WTKKZ3e

f. Printed Gwent cards and the board (the board was not necessary but I added it in anyway to fill up the table further).
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon SiHYv3l

ROACH :
I wanted her Roach to be a big ass horse so used the Mr.Z Shire horse 2.0 with harness.
Roach is no Sea Biscuit so he doesn’t do much running - he trots and struts like the Diva he is so it wouldn’t matter if I loaded him up with a bunch of stuff (he’s a big fella anyway so I’m not too worried about the weight if it were in real life).
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon RFfW2Lp

Mine came with the left forelimb broken off  – glued it back on and then coloured it to look like a recent scar.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon BeopeAq

I didn’t like the harness and straps that Mr.Z provided but made do – didn’t want to pay crazy money for a custom harness.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon PwmWOCD

1. Added straps and various supplies with accessories like pouches, mats, straps, ornaments, rope, hooks on a chain weapon and a crossbow holder.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon CSNMjuoCirilla Fiona Elen Riannon R5WMSIsCirilla Fiona Elen Riannon 8m5qWMlCirilla Fiona Elen Riannon BVEiZVT

2. You may have noticed I threw in a shield too (weathered and given a wash). No - Ciri doesn’t need 1 but I thought I’d just throw that in there: Let’s just say she won it in a recent card game). The shield I chose for her was a PITA as it’s only meant to be held on the right side (which would be her sword hand). Had to mod the handle and she can now hold it on either side without the shield design turning upside down.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon 1TWVzQo

3. Side harness for swords (inspired by the trailer of the game in which Geralt had stored away his swords on the side of Roach)
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Y0vZ6Up
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon ZMyoH9P

4. Slain monster heads ( 1 x Nightwraith + 3 Harpies) – trophies from her recent hunt
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon BsKf7Rp

There are 2 different companies offering a second version of Ciri which I have preordered and will most likely make changes to them as well seeing the limited articulation in the promo pictures (not sure how I feel about the headsculpts tho).
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon JU8lRMo

I am also thinking of getting the MT Toys White Wolf as an accompaniment (and to mod) but will see – this girl was a lot of work as she took me a year+ to complete !!
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon XkMU4lx

That’s’ all folks ! Thanks for dropping by and don't forget to toss a coin to your witcher !
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon HoFNTKW

(if some of these pics appear small on screen - please either "enlarge this image" or "click to see fullsize")

2Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Empty Re: Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:17 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow. Excellent mods and customs (and so many of them!) and beautiful photography!

3Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Empty Re: Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:24 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
GubernatorFan wrote:Wow. Excellent mods and customs (and so many of them!) and beautiful photography!

Thanks GBF !
Sorry about the ton of photos I have in this post but she photographed so well and I just couldn't stop myself ! Very Happy

4Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Empty Re: Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:00 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Allotropos wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Wow. Excellent mods and customs (and so many of them!) and beautiful photography!

Thanks GBF !
Sorry about the ton of photos I have in this post but she photographed so well and I just couldn't stop myself !  Very Happy
I know exactly what you mean. That's how I felt about the HT Bespin Luke I just reviewed.

5Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Empty Re: Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:39 am

Diana

Diana
HOLY COW! That's INSANELY gorgeous! Well done on all the mods and the photos and the documentation and presentation... Thank you. What a beautiful figure. Smile

6Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Empty Re: Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:13 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Just awesome work on everything, I love the outfit you put together for her and all the other details are just amazing. I didn't notice how simple the chairs and table were until you showed them more closely. And the creative fix to the fix scar on the horse is fantastic.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon 1f60e

7Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Empty Re: Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:41 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Mind-blowingly awesome custom figure!!!! So much amazing detail, and gorgeously photographed. The loving attention you paid to the diorama ended up with incredible results as well. Fantastic work!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

8Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Empty Re: Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:46 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Holy $#@t! That is an insane amount of work, but it all paid off. She looks ten times better than the stock figure, and your photos as always are fantastic. What a great set of mini environments. I love all the behind-the-scenes pics. Just beautiful.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon 1f10

9Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Empty Re: Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:53 pm

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Wow...what a stunning set and amount of work! Admirable patience and stamina, and I do appreciate the photos and explanations thank you. So many details to wonder at, like the tiny amazing straps added to the chain mail for knee protection, all the table decor details, on and on. I’m presuming that is a digital effect for Ciri’s glowing eyes, looks so stunning, or is it a black-light amendment? Incredible - you must be ready for a little rest!

10Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Empty Re: Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:23 pm

Titan

Titan
Thank you, Allotropos. Your photos are both outstanding and inspiring!

11Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Empty Re: Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:36 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Very detailed and impressive custom.

12Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Empty Re: Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:53 am

ElBundy

ElBundy
Wow, that is what I call a perfectionist! A great figure in a perfect diorama. The accessories you created are so cool.
Ciri is one of my favourite figures too, but she can't compete with your beauty. And those fantastic photos with the glowing eyes...

13Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Empty Re: Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:54 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Thank you kindly everyone for dropping by.
TBH I was nervous I'd get some backlash from changing the look of a well-known character such as Ciri. A lot of hard work was involved in building her up and I am happy that she is well-received.

The custom headsculpt is (as Tanzerwolf and El noticed with the glowing eyes) painted with UV paints so the backlight will make it glow (you'll see some of the pictures with the backlight). So much easier doing it inshot than digitally adding effects with Photoshop or other same type software out there.

Again - sorry this post is super pictures heavy but I hope anyone interested in scratch-building some of the items I made would take them as references and build them better than I ever could !
Thanks again !

14Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Empty Re: Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:41 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Awesome pics and presentation. I especially love the mods to Ciri. the old pants is horrible and will indeed decompose.

I saw those dead faeries on etsy and always thought about getting one (or ask ovy to print sth like t hat but never did)

Need to look at the pics a bit more when I have more time. Excellent!

15Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Empty Re: Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:54 am

Ovy

Ovy
Great customizing and very atmospheric photography!

The first pic already is a real eye catcher, as her UV colored eye glances through the structural weakness of her stylish sword. Dynamic posing and the part of the shoulder you see fits the skintone of the face.

One of the 'weaknesses' of the original figure were those stiff long gloves, but you fixed that.

The inn scene is really atmospheric, you can her that Gwent tune play while the Gwent addicts liberate the Skellige guy of his prized family shield.

That horse is really large, but it's not the only thing that was made larger here and it fits the larger than life character. (She really is kinda over the top with all that magic super power stuff, now that you think of it)
The accessories on the horse really complete the look of a wandering traveler/monsterhunter.

I think a s17 body might have worked well too, but I guess you wanted to make her as buff as possible. smaller heads on broad shouldered bodies make the figure appear even taller.

All those knives and leg customization neatly fit into the original design and palette of the the figure.

16Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Empty Re: Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:47 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Valiarde wrote:Awesome pics and presentation. I especially love the mods to Ciri. the old pants is horrible and will indeed decompose.
I saw those dead faeries on etsy and always thought about getting one (or ask ovy to print sth like t hat but never did)
Need to look at the pics a bit more when I have more time. Excellent!
Thanks for dropping by Valiarde !
Both Etsy sellers are fantastic people to deal with !

Ovy wrote:Great customizing and very atmospheric photography!
The first pic already is a real eye catcher, as her UV colored eye glances through the structural weakness of her stylish sword. Dynamic posing and the part of the shoulder you see fits the skintone of the face.
One of the 'weaknesses' of the original figure were those stiff long gloves, but you fixed that.
The inn scene is really atmospheric, you can her that Gwent tune play while the Gwent addicts liberate the Skellige guy of his prized family shield.
That horse is really large, but it's not the only thing that was made larger here and it fits the larger than life character. (She really is kinda over the top with all that magic super power stuff, now that you think of it)
The accessories on the horse really complete the look of a wandering traveler/monsterhunter.
I think a s17 body might have worked well too, but I guess you wanted to make her as buff as possible. smaller heads on broad shouldered bodies make the figure appear even taller.
All those knives and leg customization neatly fit into the original design and palette of the the figure.

Thank you kindly Ovy and for dropping by.
My version of Ciri is actually on an S17B (med bust suntan) - she's only a smidge taller than Lagertha (stock - no mods [yet !]) but it could also be because of Ciri's boots and smaller/narrower than the original, rounder headsculpt.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon XUyPZWA

My intention was for Ciri to fill the clothing better, not to make her buff (I couldn't even if i wanted to since anything larger than the S17B may not have fit into the blouse). The clothing just looked too baggy using the stock body.  
In hindsight, I should have applied more shading to her body to better match the head sculpt that i was using. I didn't want to reapply more since her top was white and knowing me, i would have messed up her blouse.

Yes - the magic weapons part of my version was over the top lol!
I had already consolidated all the pictures I needed to share and just 2 days ago - experimenting on ways to suspend weapons in mid-air.
Ciri was right there on my bench and so decided to try it with Ciri - pictures looked okay so I thought 'Sure, lets just add it in there since I haven't posted her yet onto the forum" What a Face

17Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Empty Re: Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:12 am

Illusion

Illusion
What an amazingly excellent excelling job.
All and everything. From the figure via the dio props to the horse‘s leg which really gives him a unique touch. So well done! Fabulous.

I do have this Ciri too but only got to remove her bra so far and added som height to her heels because she could not stand by herself. Still intend to work on the stiff hands - actually with the same plan as you had originally, but I guess I will be even less successful Laughing and therefore have not gotten around to give it a try (also looking at tons of other ideas not knowing what to attack first Rolling Eyes )

hope to get back to this as a reference once in a while…

18Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Empty Re: Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:02 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Allotropos wrote:I hope anyone interested in scratch-building some of the items I made would take them as references and build them better than I ever could !
Thanks again !

Don’t sell yourself short. You’ve consistently made a master-class of your custom work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon 1f10

19Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Empty Re: Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:32 am

teamweapon

there is no real way anyone could say that you havent done an incredible job on everything in the post! the figures look amazing and the pics look equally amazing!
if we ran competitions on here this would be in the running for just that prize Very Happy

20Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Empty Re: Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:21 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Excellent all round mate!! Love the improvement mods to the figure and horse, the scratch built diorama furniture and accessories are brilliant and the photography is top notch! Love the scene with Gimli!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum