OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Diana

skywalkersaga wrote:
Diana wrote:Heey!! Phew! Glad you got one! I didn't think of it even one moment while I was on my good friend's  birthday party. My phone didn't alert me as planned...

I'm quite disgusted by the whole process. I wonder whether announcing a limit actually increases interest, or whether a limited PO-window would end up with about the same number of pre-orders. And whether any potential difference in these numbers justifies this stressful experience. I doubt it. Evil or Very Mad

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry you missed it. For what it's worth, my phone didn't send any notification either... I was expecting a text, but only ever got an email notification (which for most people would have been too late as, iirc, the figure was already mostly sold out by the time that email even arrived).

And you are probably right that the hype about it being 'limited' increases the interest, especially for the more, uh, 'competitive' collector types. I don't mean to sound disparaging as everyone approaches their collections in different ways, but the amount of collectors I saw on Youtube talking about the Anakin figure as if it were just some 'prize' they wanted to win simply for the sake of winning it, rather than anything to do with the figure itself (or character, for that matter)....well, it was frustrating to say the least. And I think hyping it up and making it so exclusive was playing directly into that kind of mentality. I get that this type of figure can't be as mass produced as the others, but the way Sideshow and HT went about the pre-order process seemed to make it a foregone conclusion that many people who truly wanted it would end up disappointed.

The only way I'm ever doing this again is if they ended up making an Artisan Padme figure.... but ONLY because I know from experience how isanely difficult her hairstyles are to replicate in 1/6 form, so it would be something that would be worth the hassle to attempt to acquire.

I never even received any email from Sideshow. And I forgot that the reminder I set up on my phone would only come in as a notification. I should have set an alarm of course. Oh well.
I hope they will release a matching Padme. I love you

skywalkersaga

Diana wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:
Diana wrote:Heey!! Phew! Glad you got one! I didn't think of it even one moment while I was on my good friend's  birthday party. My phone didn't alert me as planned...

I'm quite disgusted by the whole process. I wonder whether announcing a limit actually increases interest, or whether a limited PO-window would end up with about the same number of pre-orders. And whether any potential difference in these numbers justifies this stressful experience. I doubt it. Evil or Very Mad

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry you missed it. For what it's worth, my phone didn't send any notification either... I was expecting a text, but only ever got an email notification (which for most people would have been too late as, iirc, the figure was already mostly sold out by the time that email even arrived).

And you are probably right that the hype about it being 'limited' increases the interest, especially for the more, uh, 'competitive' collector types. I don't mean to sound disparaging as everyone approaches their collections in different ways, but the amount of collectors I saw on Youtube talking about the Anakin figure as if it were just some 'prize' they wanted to win simply for the sake of winning it, rather than anything to do with the figure itself (or character, for that matter)....well, it was frustrating to say the least. And I think hyping it up and making it so exclusive was playing directly into that kind of mentality. I get that this type of figure can't be as mass produced as the others, but the way Sideshow and HT went about the pre-order process seemed to make it a foregone conclusion that many people who truly wanted it would end up disappointed.

The only way I'm ever doing this again is if they ended up making an Artisan Padme figure.... but ONLY because I know from experience how isanely difficult her hairstyles are to replicate in 1/6 form, so it would be something that would be worth the hassle to attempt to acquire.

I never even received any email from Sideshow. And I forgot that the reminder I set up on my phone would only come in as a notification. I should have set an alarm of course. Oh well.

Hope so too, we'll see...

And at least you got the InArt Aragorn, right?? That one looks absolutely incredible! Very Happy

Diana

skywalkersaga wrote:
Diana wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

And at least you got the InArt Aragorn, right?? That one looks absolutely incredible! Very Happy

YES!! So stoked!! My first high end figure. Very Happy

skywalkersaga

Diana wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:
Diana wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

YES!! So stoked!! My first high end figure. Very Happy

Awesome. I can't wait to see your photos of him!

(And likewise, will certainly share pics of this Anakin once he arrives...)

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I wouldn’t be surprised if quite a few of these were acquired by the worst of humanity (next to murderers, child molesters, rapists, lawyers, and career politicians) — scalpers! That being said, at one point the number of people in the queue was over 10,000 — so, yeah, doing it this way was guaranteed sales, and selling out of them, but looking at the number of people over at the Freaks who missed out and were pissed was pretty surprising. It left a pretty sour taste in those people’s mouths, as it did even for those who DID manage to get one. What’s also concerning about the quick sell out is what happens if the quality control is hit or miss and some folks end up with a miss — Will there be replacement parts available? Or are they just screwed? They could have done this the same way InArt has done their figures and just had a limited PO window.

Edit: I didn’t get the email notification until it was already in the midst of it happening. Luckily, I had set my phone alarm so I had time to get my butt back in the house to get on two devices; ended up getting the one for Sky thru my iPad (which, coincidentally, many people said don’t use tablets or phones, and only use desktops — well, my desktop had me so far over the limited number of these [3000] that I didn’t stand a chance on that device).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 7 1f10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, yeah, I don't blame people for being upset. The whole thing was a Sh*tshow (pun intended).

The quality control is something that I have been wondering about. While I personally won't be too bothered if I end up with one with messed up hair (since I don't mind tinkering with that sort of thing), I imagine there will be plenty of collectors who expect their figure to be picture perfect upon arrival who may end up really frustrated. For me, as long as I get this *headsculpt* (and presuming it has a decent paintjob), I'm cool with the rest and can cross that bridge when we come to it. But I know that's not everyone's attitude.

I think, however, people also need to have realistic expectations. If this is tibetan lambs wool (which it looks like, to my eye), then it does require maintenance and will sometimes 'poof' up a bit. This can be fixed, but I predict some who don't have experience with this material might be pissed off if it doesn't look exactly like the promo pics.

Makes me curious as to what, if any, types of tools and/or products they might include to help collectors maintain the hairstyle...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I think Sh*tshow should be Sideshow’s new name going forward. Good call.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 7 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
What I really don't understand is this: at $410, this is an expensive but not impossibly so (by Hot Toys standards) figure. Why make it so exclusive and put would-be buyers through such hoops? They could have easily sold 8000 of them, and probably more (as Mark pointed out, the people in queue were at least 10000). Are people buying these at this price only because there are only 3000 of them? Maybe I was raised right, but I don't find any measure of pleasure in having something that is purposefully denied to someone else. If they are smart (and we already know they are willing to be shady in various ways), they will make sure that everyone on the waiting list gets a chance to buy, without worrying too much if the final production run remains at 3000 (or whatever the official number). It would be dishonest, but at least more customers would be satisfied.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:What I really don't understand is this: at $410, this is an expensive but not impossibly so (by Hot Toys standards) figure. Why make it so exclusive and put would-be buyers through such hoops? They could have easily sold 8000 of them, and probably more (as Mark pointed out, the people in queue were at least 10000). Are people buying these at this price only because there are only 3000 of them? Maybe I was raised right, but I don't find any measure of pleasure in having something that is purposefully denied to someone else. If they are smart (and we already know they are willing to be shady in various ways), they will make sure that everyone on the waiting list gets a chance to buy, without worrying too much if the final production run remains at 3000 (or whatever the official number). It would be dishonest, but at least more customers would be satisfied.

I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes at Hot Toys or Sideshow, but I would not be surprised if in the next few months they will do ANOTHER 'limited piece' run of a Dark Side version of this figure.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:
I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes at Hot Toys or Sideshow, but I would not be surprised if in the next few months they will do ANOTHER 'limited piece' run of a Dark Side version of this figure.
Agreed. And then a few months after that, an exclusive with two heads, one Dark, one Light. Smile

Valiarde

Valiarde
MAybe the hairing part is what makes it troublesome to do as much as normal versions? Well at least until they find a bigger rooting team. Just speculation on my part though.
I expect to see more rooted figures in bigger amounts in the future.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:MAybe the hairing part is what makes it troublesome to do as much as normal versions? Well at least until they find a bigger rooting team. Just speculation on my part though.
I expect to see more rooted figures in bigger amounts in the future.

I'm sure that is part of it. I think it is the turn around time, this type of work isn't something you can just churn out. So a bigger run would take longer to arrive, perhaps.

While part of me hopes you are right that there will be more rooted pieces, I actually kind of begrudge giving that sort of money to Hot Toys for that type of thing. I know so many professional 1/6 hair artists and would much prefer to give them business to re-hair one of my figures, so that I'd have a one-of-a-kind piece. Or do it myself, even. The appeal of this Anakin for me was almost entirely the sculpt itself, since it's the best likeness of RotS Anakin I've seen in this scale so far. I would have still jumped on it even if it were 'just' a sculpted hair version. Even though I'm also somewhat salty about that, too -- because, why couldn't they have just done him justice in the first place??? Should have had a headsculpt this good for the original version that came out back in 2018.

But... alas, it wasn't so. So I was happy to make do with the old one when I thought it was the best official version we'd get. And now...here we are.

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
skywalkersaga wrote:* hugs to you too, Tanzenwolfe*  NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 7 1f494

Wondering what happened with Diana.... I remember she was going to try to get one...

Back to you, thank you!

I feel for all the time and stress of those who tried this option and missed out…. Hope the re-run options will happen and they are training up more rooting technicians as we speak…. Assuming it is rooted, not even sure how they do the hair..? Maybe it is hand harvested from a yak half way up the Himalayas….

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Lol! I believe it is Tibetan lamb hair, which is commonly used for this scale. When I do it, I tend to just glue the hair directly onto a bald head, but since this says ‘rooted’ I suppose it’s possible they could have also added some holes or indentations to root it into.

I’m wondering what type of product they will use on it to hold the style in place. My go-to is liquid wax, but we’ll just have to see…

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Diana wrote:I'm quite disgusted by the whole process. I wonder whether announcing a limit actually increases interest, or whether a limited PO-window would end up with about the same number of pre-orders. And whether any potential difference in these numbers justifies this stressful experience. I doubt it. Evil or Very Mad

GubernatorFan wrote:What I really don't understand is this: at $410, this is an expensive but not impossibly so (by Hot Toys standards) figure. Why make it so exclusive and put would-be buyers through such hoops? They could have easily sold 8000 of them, and probably more (as Mark pointed out, the people in queue were at least 10000). Are people buying these at this price only because there are only 3000 of them? Maybe I was raised right, but I don't find any measure of pleasure in having something that is purposefully denied to someone else. If they are smart (and we already know they are willing to be shady in various ways), they will make sure that everyone on the waiting list gets a chance to buy, without worrying too much if the final production run remains at 3000 (or whatever the official number). It would be dishonest, but at least more customers would be satisfied.

Re: "whether announcing a limit actually increases interest, or whether a limited PO-window would end up with about the same number of pre-orders" -- I respectfully don't think those are the right parameters of the analysis here.  I think for HT this isn't actually about selling any or more of Artisan Anakins.  Sure, they are profiting on these Anakins and not losing money no matter what.  But we are in a totally different corner of the marketing world than any regular HT Star Wars, DC or Marvel figure or whatever.  This is a flagship promo product to build the brand (so, the $ made on this figure itself are a tertiary consideration).  Also, FOMO (fear of missing out) is the gold standard of Luxury Branding.  If they are "smart," the absolute last thing that they would ever even remotely consider doing would be to make sure everyone on the waiting list gets any chance to buy.

If they hadn't "put would-be buyers through such hoops" of a "stressful experience," then the previous 7 pages of this very thread wouldn't exist, nor similar threads on Sideshow Freaks, and YouTube videos, and Facebook pages, and all that.  Like they say, "you can't buy that kind of buzz."  It's not about the Anakins but rather, every other HT figure, now or future gets added cachet and prestige from being so desirable and talked about.  Like, not only are HT Brands worth the $, but you're lucky if you can get one at all.  It's the exact definition of intangible marketing for a Luxury (Aspirational) Brand.  If they had done instead what we would all consider to be the normal, reasonable customer-friendly approach to marketing, nobody would be talking about this any more than any random Iron Man HT figure #300.  I enjoyed the last 7 pages of this thread like a sporting event, I was happy and relieved knowing Sky will get one (and Stryker deserves laurels and a triumphal march in his honor).  But it all plays directly into an exact Branding script that the HT guys wrote for us.  They would be happy to read this thread -- including all the times Howard gets callled a bastard, indeed, that kind of response intensity probably makes HT the happiest.

Visisonor

Visisonor
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Like, not only are HT Brands worth the $, but you're lucky if you can get one at all
I guess you are right that this is the impression they are going for, and successfully.
But in my eyes it puts a taint on the brand making me absolutely not want to ever deal with it.
Happens in my scale of choice too, It's kind of similar with Mezco (which is why started to ignore their exclusives).
It's action figures, not sport cars!
But perhaps I am not a target audience.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Not sure why it’s necessary to ‘blame’ this thread for playing into HT’s hands, when the majority of people on it were not actually attempting to get one as a competition but were just trying help a somewhat desperate and stressed fan get a personal Grail figure. I think posters here empathise with someone’s quest for a dream figure and were simply rooting for me—and for any one else here who truly wanted one—to get one.

I can only speak for myself but I would not have participated or even given a crap if this was any other character than Anakin. The HT Artisan Joker happened the day before and it was not even on my radar. And likewise, if InArt had done this Anakin figure and made a frustrating queue system like that, I’d have been moaning about the process in that case, too.

So, the cynical Hot Toys discussion aspect of this topic is what it is, but the kindness of my fellow forum members in giving me tips and advice (and some even taking the time to join the queue oh my behalf) shouldn’t be reduced to simply ‘contributing to the hype’.

I do get what you’re saying about luxury branding, but for me it’s not the draw, and if anything, it’s a turn off. Especially since I already know plenty of 1/6 artists I’d rather support for OOAK custom figures in future. In fact, this situation has rekindled my aim to finish one of my other custom Padme projects. As always, I’d much rather have creative control over my own figures, wherever possible.

csyeung

csyeung
I get that it drives the news and hype when something like this occurs. Hot toys will need to thread a fine line because there's driving hype to create a sense of exclusiveness and at the same time it can drive away your long term collectors. A lot of the long term collectors are completionists. Sure the hunt may be exciting, but the hardcore collectors are no doubt miffed they couldn't all get one. What is the breaking point for them? I mean we've seen it with Funko pops where collectors sell off their collection because they can't be bothered with the chase any more. How long will the price of these limited figures get to a point where collectors just won't buy them. Clearly they can sell them at an elevated price and have done so with the Joker and Anakin, both selling out within 20 mins or so. Will this hold true for the 10th artisan figure or the 50th? Especially if it's say a less popular character, or will hot toys just stick with the top tier figures locking out the more casual collectors that want their favorites from their desired franchise? Only time will tell.

For me the Joker and Anakin didn't fall into my collecting favorites so this was just more me watching the process and really just wanting someone like Sky actually secure one. I did try for the wonder woman but got kicked out at processing transaction, so that was frustrating. However I'm actually already happy with the 3 I have. If I had none and this was my last chance to get a gal WW, that would have been a different case. For me and as a casual collector, I doubt I'd spend double over retail for it. I'd chalk it up to oh well, guess it wasn't meant to be. I don't know if a completionist would be able to do that. I dunno, it does bring up interesting questions in the hobby. I know this forum is more on building and customizing so I feel we are more unique. We'd probably end up building our own favorites if none was out there. For the rest of the fanbase, it's a different story. A lot just want a readily available screen accurate representation on their shelf .

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ok, I know there's been a great deal of stress and negativity over this figure, but I want to take a moment to actually appreciate it.

It's a gorgeous-looking figure in its own right, but as an Anakin fan it's a dream come true.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 7 Hot-Toys-ROTS-Anakin-Preview-2

I distinctly remember the moment I knew I simply HAD to have a 1/6 scale Anakin someday, and it was when I first set eyes on this custom RotS Anakin figure by the artist Vansei:

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 7 Tumblr_pwya18b29g1xry2uzo1_640

This figure was *also* an extremely limited run of a handful of custom pieces, some of which later sold for an insane amount of money. At the time, the only official Anakin figure available was the 2005 Sideshow RotS Anakin which was infamously hideous, so this was obviously a huge improvement on it. But it was ultimately a custom figure that had already sold out long before I'd even encountered it, and thus I assumed it was, for the time, still just a dream.

When the original Hot Toys RotS Anakin was finally announced in 2017, it seemed the dream was as good as it was going to get. Sure, the likeness wasn't exact but it was 1000x better than that terrible Sideshow sculpt. I never liked the sculpted hair, but I was always intending to re-hair it or get it professionally re-haired anyway, so it wasn't a big issue for me. I finally did so back in 2019-2020, and was happy with the results (even if it did take some getting used to in terms of upkeep and maintenance). In the meantime, I also taught myself to re-hair figures so I could have some long-wished-for matching Padme figures to accompany him.

Over the years, I ended up with a couple extra HT sculpts which I put to use for custom versions of the character (including my recent custom TCW Anakin that I posted on May the Fourth this year). And I'm honestly still very happy with those and glad I put them together. But always, I was still hoping that someone would eventually make a 1/6 sculpt that captured Hayden Anakin more accurately. I contacted many custom artists over the years whose pieces I'd seen, but usually I was too late and they were long sold out. But this hobby has taught me that being patient pays off. If there's something you really, really want but it doesn't exist yet....just wait. Someone will eventually create it, especially in this age of 3D printing.

So I still had some faint hope of something like this turning up. If anything, my only disappointment was that it was Hot Toys of all people to do it, lol! Cause I always somewhat resent giving my money to the 'official' merch these days, and prefer to support custom artists wherever possible.

BUT.....seeing as how long I've wanted something like this, how could I pass that up??? Razz

Well, I tried not to get my hopes up even so, because I knew they could be dashed any moment if I (or rather 'we', the forum!) failed to acquire one. But thanks to Stryker's perserverance, I am now relieved that I can FINALLY openly gush over this figure. Very Happy

Comparison between the 2017 HT Anakin and the 2023 Artisan Anakin:

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 7 Eead9a6117230a45b8d5d9ac1410cb51

Seeing the figures side-by-side really puts it into perspective. I never hated the original sculpt and I still don't! He's my buddy and he's been with me so long, I'm used to him now. Laughing The old sculpt still has enough of his features to be recognisable as the character. BUT, there's no denying it always fell short in terms of actual likeness. They made his nose too narrow and his face shape was a bit off (too elongated?). During my many photoshoots with him over the years I'd discovered, to my dismay, that from certain angles the sculpt looked amazing but from others it just didn't work. The new sculpt remedies all of that, and finally gets his facial structure and signature 'nose flare' right.

We've all seen the promo pics but I want to gush over these prototype images, too...

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 7 DSC03925-2_500x500

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 7 DSC03930-2_1024x1024@2x

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 7 DSC03932-2_1024x1024

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 7 DSC03931-2_1024x1024

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 7 DSC03937-2_1024x1024

That final pic of his side profile made me gasp out loud. It's him, it's him, it's really HIM!!  NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 7 1f60d

Valiarde

Valiarde
Great post and always happy to see someone getting their grail figure. And what a piece of art it is.

Now only like two years until we can see the figure in your hands and many new pics!

Smile

And I still love it how the forum worked together to get one of these.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:Great post and always happy to see someone getting their grail figure. And what a piece of art it is.

Now only like two years until we can see the figure in your hands and many new pics!

Smile

And I still love it how the forum worked together to get one of these.

Aw, thanks, Valiarde. Smile

And ha, yeah... it will be a bit of a wait. Though hopefully this will give me time to create an 'Artisan' Padme to welcome him once he arrives. NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 7 1f605

I am infinitely grateful to the forum for banding together to help me out. I don't really feel worthy of it, but I hope everyone knows how much it means to me. I love you

csyeung

csyeung
I love your excitement in this figure! So awesome! I wonder if Hot toys will create an artisan Padme figure in the future.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
csyeung wrote:I love your excitement in this figure! So awesome! I wonder if Hot toys will create an artisan Padme figure in the future.

That would be my OTHER dream come true, lol. Because my goodness is it difficult to style her hair accurately in 1/6 scale! It's the main thing that's been holding up my remaining Padme projects. But unless and until that happens, I'll just try to press on and finish them anyway. Razz

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That was a nice recap of your excitement and love for not just the figure, but the character. The new show pics of the prototype look good.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great presentation/exposition on your favorite character and his renditions. I really hope that when you get the product in hand it meets all your hopes and expectations.
And Mark has scored a myriad good karma points for helping make this happen!
In case you have forgotten, his alter ego is Darth Stryker, which is totally fitting in this context. Smile

Diana

Diana
Sky, this has been so much fun and I thank this forum, especially Mark of course, for coming together. Thank you for sharing the love for this character, the figure, the board and the hobby. I love you

This figure being exclusive is great for the FandomMenace. In the end, the bad guys and toxic SW fans got what they wanted: gatekeeping and exclusivity, which helps who can enjoy SW. The bad news will come if they make more SW figures or if TizzyEnt or Actual Fandom finds out about this level of toxicity

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I don’t know what any of that means?? I’m a fandom person but mostly hanging out on tumblr these days. My main frustration is that I can’t fully share the joy of this figure with my fellow fans since hardly any of them will have known of it in time to even try to acquire it.  But it’s not going to stop me gushing here on this forum over how beautiful it is. /shrug

ETA: Hot Toys might have an official license but they are not the gatekeeper of fandom. Fans should be determined enough to create their own stuff. That’s what I’ve been doing for years and what I’m going to keep doing…

Actual fandom, like us, is the best. I'm mostly against FandomMenace, which are those creepy guys from YT that make 3 hour echo chambers about hating real SW fans that put in the work. I think they will eventually make more, but variants, there is a 6 month window in 2024. The LED lightsaber is only for the blue, not for Dooku's red one. This one is based on Dooku's defeat. His other iconic image is sitting with Senator Palpatine during the opera (possible box set), sitting alone with the Jedi defeated (throne set), they haven't released his starfighter yet (maybe he'll come with head set), His confrontation with Padme and Obi-Wan, etc. I am just assuming there will be more variants. Also June 2024 to Dec 2024 is such a long time unless 16 packages out of 3000 get sent out by UPS every day for 6 months.
I like Hot Toys. I'm a toy photographer, Oddly I was in journalism and sent my resume with a company just for fun. And just like that, I got the job taking photos of action figures and artworks. There was this one guy that got mad that me, an Asian female, was picked and constantly harassed me to my car. I, myself, love the AoTC version, but wish he came in the peasant disguise vest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum