OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

skywalkersaga

Valiarde wrote:Great post and always happy to see someone getting their grail figure. And what a piece of art it is.

Now only like two years until we can see the figure in your hands and many new pics!

Smile

And I still love it how the forum worked together to get one of these.

Aw, thanks, Valiarde. Smile

And ha, yeah... it will be a bit of a wait. Though hopefully this will give me time to create an 'Artisan' Padme to welcome him once he arrives. NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH™ ANAKIN SKYWALKER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 7 1f605

I am infinitely grateful to the forum for banding together to help me out. I don't really feel worthy of it, but I hope everyone knows how much it means to me. I love you

csyeung

I love your excitement in this figure! So awesome! I wonder if Hot toys will create an artisan Padme figure in the future.

skywalkersaga

csyeung wrote:I love your excitement in this figure! So awesome! I wonder if Hot toys will create an artisan Padme figure in the future.

That would be my OTHER dream come true, lol. Because my goodness is it difficult to style her hair accurately in 1/6 scale! It's the main thing that's been holding up my remaining Padme projects. But unless and until that happens, I'll just try to press on and finish them anyway. Razz

Stryker2012

Founding Father
That was a nice recap of your excitement and love for not just the figure, but the character. The new show pics of the prototype look good.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great presentation/exposition on your favorite character and his renditions. I really hope that when you get the product in hand it meets all your hopes and expectations.
And Mark has scored a myriad good karma points for helping make this happen!
In case you have forgotten, his alter ego is Darth Stryker, which is totally fitting in this context. Smile

Diana

Diana
Sky, this has been so much fun and I thank this forum, especially Mark of course, for coming together. Thank you for sharing the love for this character, the figure, the board and the hobby. I love you

This figure being exclusive is great for the FandomMenace. In the end, the bad guys and toxic SW fans got what they wanted: gatekeeping and exclusivity, which helps who can enjoy SW. The bad news will come if they make more SW figures or if TizzyEnt or Actual Fandom finds out about this level of toxicity

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I don’t know what any of that means?? I’m a fandom person but mostly hanging out on tumblr these days. My main frustration is that I can’t fully share the joy of this figure with my fellow fans since hardly any of them will have known of it in time to even try to acquire it.  But it’s not going to stop me gushing here on this forum over how beautiful it is. /shrug

ETA: Hot Toys might have an official license but they are not the gatekeeper of fandom. Fans should be determined enough to create their own stuff. That’s what I’ve been doing for years and what I’m going to keep doing…

Actual fandom, like us, is the best. I'm mostly against FandomMenace, which are those creepy guys from YT that make 3 hour echo chambers about hating real SW fans that put in the work. I think they will eventually make more, but variants, there is a 6 month window in 2024. The LED lightsaber is only for the blue, not for Dooku's red one. This one is based on Dooku's defeat. His other iconic image is sitting with Senator Palpatine during the opera (possible box set), sitting alone with the Jedi defeated (throne set), they haven't released his starfighter yet (maybe he'll come with head set), His confrontation with Padme and Obi-Wan, etc. I am just assuming there will be more variants. Also June 2024 to Dec 2024 is such a long time unless 16 packages out of 3000 get sent out by UPS every day for 6 months.
I like Hot Toys. I'm a toy photographer, Oddly I was in journalism and sent my resume with a company just for fun. And just like that, I got the job taking photos of action figures and artworks. There was this one guy that got mad that me, an Asian female, was picked and constantly harassed me to my car. I, myself, love the AoTC version, but wish he came in the peasant disguise vest.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, gotcha! I’m really out of the loop with a lot of the YouTube side of things because I avoid Disney Star Wars like the plague, and YouTube is too full of spoilers. I think gatekeeping has certainly been an issue in some fandom and collecting  circles (not just SW), but personally I refuse to allow anyone—whether it be fellow fans or giant companies—to dictate my fandom experience. This 1/6 scale hobby only makes up one portion of my fandom life, since I also do things like write meta analysis and fanfiction. And I’ve gotten used to just doing my own thing for so long that I won’t let haters stop me. If had missed out on this Anakin figure (which technically I did, only a friend’s kindness got it for me), I had a back-up plan in place. I would have said ‘ok , screw Hot Toys, I’m going to go make my own figure!’, and then proceeded to make one even better. 😅 I have already made several custom versions of my fave characters over the years because HT is too slow to put them out, plus I am far too picky. I’m rarely satisfied with a HT release as it is. I love that you mentioned AotC Anakin’s travel outfit with the fancy vest, it’s a great idea…it would be so fun to make that for him! 😊

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum