OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FORUM MILESTONE: 1000 MEMBERS AND COUNTING

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It's happened again...

FORUM MILESTONE: 1000 MEMBERS AND COUNTING Hapfam10

It gives me great pleasure to note that our little community has grown to one thousand registered members. Even if it is a large and pleasantly round figure, this is not really about numbers. It is about a vindication that our experiment is providing the source of information, inspiration, entertainment and sharing that it was always intended to provide. Of course, we have many more unregistered visitors than registered members, which reinforces the conclusion that OneSixthFigures is fulfilling its purpose.

I thank all of you who have helped develop this forum and especially those who have shared both their work and their advice with the rest of us, making our experience here interactive, informative, and educational. It is this intersection of our individual distinct areas of knowledge and skill that makes this place all the more worthwhile. As always, a special thanks goes to the ever-essential Stryker2012 and Diana and those who have assisted them in sharing new product announcements, a most cumbersome but valuable endeavor. And to those who, just over five years ago, first encouraged me to create this initially experimental space to serve as a new and more welcoming home for our fellow collectors and customizers.

As our community continues to grow, I urge all members to remember the golden rule and “do unto others.” Do show consideration for others, do comment, and do so constructively, especially if you expect the same treatment; don’t be self-centered and avoid assuming the worst or escalating disagreements. We cannot always be completely on the same page or have the same priorities, but I think we have done a great job at getting along overall, and I hope this will continue. As always, I recommend a look at our continually updated policies regarding the very basic guidelines as to what is appropriate.

A thousand members, why not hope for a thousand more? And for a thousand years to come? I’m reminded of this little ditty by Sting, which would also go well with the eclectic imagination of our artistic master customizers in fashioning their sixth-scale worlds:

More easily understandable:

Valiarde

Valiarde
drunken cheers Happy one thousand

Cool Star Wars pic, nice seeing them all on one pic

Diana

Diana
Yay us 1000! Thank you, Ian, for creating this wonderful space and giving it your energy, staying on top of things, keeping the conversation going, providing us with detailed reviews, comparisons, stories and giggles. I love you

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Congrats to everyone!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

FORUM MILESTONE: 1000 MEMBERS AND COUNTING 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:drunken cheers Happy one thousand

Cool Star Wars pic, nice seeing them all on one pic
Thank you very much, glad you liked them. I guess by now we've got all of them from one source or another, and they are a big family... Smile

Diana wrote:Yay us 1000! Thank you, Ian, for creating this wonderful space and giving it your energy, staying on top of things, keeping the conversation going, providing us with detailed reviews, comparisons, stories and giggles. I love you

Stryker2012 wrote:Congrats to everyone!
And thank you both, for your indefatigable efforts in making this a better place. And everyone else who has helped, either fulfilling similar public-spirited selfless service or by participating more generally. Couldn't have done it without you all.
At the time of writing, registered profiles are up to 1001.

Visisonor

Visisonor
Yay, congrats everyone.

That's quite impressive Star Wars family on the photo.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Visisonor wrote:That's quite impressive Star Wars family on the photo.
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

csyeung

csyeung
Wooo! Happy 1000 members. Thanks for creating this unique community!

davidd

davidd
A thousand members!

If we assume, say, ten figures per member -- which I know is conservative for some of us, but maybe an overestimate for others, so it should average out...

... and a hundred dollars per figure -- which is high compared to prices of two or three or five years ago, but low by today's "adult oriented action figure" prices, so again, especially if outfits and accessories are factored in, a plausible average...

... we're looking at 1000 x 10 x 100... so... a MILLION DOLLARS in action figures among the members of this forum!

Which puts us all in some kind of exclusive millionaire's club... right?   Wink  

At least, it's kinda fun think of it like that!  Razz

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting considerations, Dave. Now if only we could monetize the forum (at no cost to the members, of course) and turn this into a real job... Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Aw, awesome milestone! Big Congrats! cheers

And yes, of course I love the SW family photo. Great stuff. :')

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Aw, awesome milestone! Big Congrats! cheers

And yes, of course I love the SW family photo. Great stuff. :')
Glad you liked it! Smile

davidd

davidd
The Member Stats tab does not, or at least not that I can find, indicate the total number of forum members. Is that number visible to mere "regular members," or is that particular statistic available to Admin/Moderators only?

I suppose I could count the Members pages and multiply and then add in the final few, but that would take, like, effort and math.

Speaking of math, what I can see is that... to my astonishment... based on number of posts, I am now in the Top Twelve on the entire forum!

I honestly did not think I was that active here.

That puts me in the top 1.2% of the exclusive Thousand Member Millionaires Club!   cheers

I certainly never expected to find myself in the Top One Percent (well, almost).

Doesn't look like I'll be able to crack the Top Ten, though. Everyone ahead of me is an active member who posts regularly. There are some other frequent posters nipping at my heels, so I'll enjoy my Top Dozen status while I can!

EDIT: current member count: 50x20 + 3 = 1003  Wink

When you’re on the homepage, just scroll to the bottom, and you should see the number of registered users, and who is currently logged in.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:The Member Stats tab does not, or at least not that I can find, indicate the total number of forum members. Is that number visible to mere "regular members," or is that particular statistic available to Admin/Moderators only?

I certainly never expected to find myself in the Top One Percent (well, almost).
You have been an active and interactive member, and that is most appreciated. I wish we had even more like that. And you could always improve your stats! Smile
To see the overall number of registered forum members (or rather registered profiles) go all the way out to the home page and scroll all the way down. Then you'll see it.
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
davidd wrote:The Member Stats tab does not, or at least not that I can find, indicate the total number of forum members. Is that number visible to mere "regular members," or is that particular statistic available to Admin/Moderators only?

I suppose I could count the Members pages and multiply and then add in the final few, but that would take, like, effort and math.

Speaking of math, what I can see is that... to my astonishment... based on number of posts, I am now in the Top Twelve on the entire forum!

I honestly did not think I was that active here.

That puts me in the top 1.2% of the exclusive Thousand Member Millionaires Club!   cheers

Doesn't look like I'll be able to crack the Top Ten, though. Everyone ahead of me is an active member who posts regularly. There are some other frequent posters nipping at my heels, so I'll enjoy my Top Dozen status while I can!

EDIT: current member count: 50x20 + 3 = 1003  Wink

When you’re on the homepage, just scroll to the bottom, and you should see the number of registered users, and who is currently logged in.

Edit: Ian and I cross posted same info.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

FORUM MILESTONE: 1000 MEMBERS AND COUNTING 1f10

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:
You have been an active and interactive member, and that is most appreciated. I wish we had even more like that. And you could always improve your stats!

I try to limit my prattling to when I actually have something pertinent... ish... to add. geek

And of course, to total n00b questions to ask, like...

Stryker2012 wrote:
davidd wrote:The Member Stats tab does not, or at least not that I can find, indicate the total number of forum members...

Embarassed   Kinda... obvious, then, isn't it? One of those "if it'd been a snake it woulda bit ya" things. I guess I'd rarely, or never, scrolled to the bottom of the home page (where such info is usually presented on most online forums). I usually just click the "View Posts Since Last Visit" link at top right to see what the latest gossip is all about.

Thanx for the info!

17FORUM MILESTONE: 1000 MEMBERS AND COUNTING Empty Big thanks from me in New Zealand Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:45 pm

Kiwi-Paul

This site never ceases to amaze me with such creative minds and wonderful people. I try to log on a few times a week just to see what's new and what has been posted. Thanks to all involved and keep the topics and photos flowing!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum