OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FORUM MILESTONE: 500 MEMBERS AND COUNTING

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
FORUM MILESTONE: 500 MEMBERS AND COUNTING Than0110

Greetings all,

I am happy to report that our little forum has grown to 500 registered users and more, not counting the many unregistered visitors to our neck of the woods. It is great to see our community grow, and that many of our new members have taken to sharing their work, humor, and wisdom with us. And while we wish we would see them more often, we are happy to have many of our older and rarer contributors reappear and partake in the forum, not only sharing with us what they have been up to, but also offering the benefits of their skills and opinion to the rest of us. I hope this is a sign of a gradual improvement in 1:1 reality conditions, and that better times are yet to come.

Once again, a big thank you to all who have and continue to make this an interesting place to visit with their photos, stories, shared experiences, and helpful suggestions. While there is no requirement for participation of any kind, it is this that enriches us as hobbyists, as individuals, and as a group. So, I encourage all of you to be… gregarious. And since we are all virtually here after all, no need to worry about vaccines and masks (unless they happen to be part of your sixth-scale scene). I also wish to commend those of you who have assisted Stryker2011’s continuing and herculean efforts to bring us new product announcements.

As always, I thank you for keeping this place welcoming and appropriate for all and for abiding by the basic rules of the forum. In a world beset by worries, heated passions, venomous polemic, and increasing egocentrism, factionalism, and incivility, we have managed to keep this a safe haven by focusing on what is important… well, pertinent to the topic of this forum. I hope this continues, for all our benefit, and remain committed to keeping it so. And when it comes to participating, remember the golden rule, “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” So please be respectful, considerate, and reciprocal in your actions and expectations: use reasonably appropriate language, humor, imagery; and if you wish to get comments on your work, comment on that of others. Offering criticism is fine, provided it is constructive and presented civilly. Let us keep this place pleasant and worthwhile – for everyone.

Thank you again, stay safe and sound, and keep coming back to us.

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Congratulations on the 500 users and thank you for creating and running this great forum where we can learn so much.

Diana

Diana
HOLY COW! Congratulations to all!
And thank you for keeping this place running. The support and respect that people treat each other with is very refreshing and welcome.

🤗

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Big congrats!!! cheers Thanks for all your hard work in keeping this place running. And thank you also for the reminder of the spirit of the this forum, it's so important to have such a great online space like this right now. I love you

And finally, a warm welcome to all new members! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
On behalf of the moderators, thank you all for your kind words -- and, again, for your contribution to the experience.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Congrats to everyone for continuing to make this a place where we can share our love of collecting, kitbashing and customizing in a niche hobby; our ranks have grown exponentially over the last year and a half, and it’s certainly been an honor to work alongside Gubernatorfan, blackpool, and our previous mods — we’ve come a long way in such a short period of time.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

FORUM MILESTONE: 500 MEMBERS AND COUNTING C8485110

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Congratulations cheers Up to the next 500!

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
even if i aint as active now and some projects are laying on ice ( had quite some repairs around the house lately draining my 1:6 budget ) i'm grateful for having a relaxed place to post my stuff once in a while, get some inspiration and be kept updated on new stuff to come. thanks for all the tips and advice in the past years, they definately helped me improve.

here's to the next 500 to come Wink "cheers"

Valiarde

Valiarde
Nice pic! (Someone had to say it! Now let him snap his fingers...boom down to 250 again)

Great site - like I said before somewhere, the best english speaking 1/6 site of them all.  sunny And special thanks to GF for posting like a madman: I love how you comment every topic and keep this site running, but same can be said about sky and stryker - together they are our three super posters and very kind and nice persons. cheers and on to the next 500 (but member count isn't everything a smaller community can also be nice, but having so many different directions and interests from posters makes it exciting

cheers

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you again everyone for the kind words and making this place what is it.

Valiarde wrote:Nice pic! (Someone had to say it! Now let him snap his fingers...boom down to 250 again)

Great site - like I said before somewhere, the best english speaking 1/6 site of them all.  sunny And special thanks to GF for posting like a madman: I love how you comment every topic and keep this site running, but same can be said about sky and stryker - together they are our three super posters and very kind and nice persons. cheers and on to the next 500 (but member count isn't everything a smaller community can also be nice, but having so many different directions and interests from posters makes it exciting

Thanks, I'm glad you like Thanos. But note he was not wearing the gauntlet so no cause for alarm! Besides, not enough of our members post or act interactively, to need to cut down the numbers. Smile As for our superposters, I appreciate them too. But it is not really about numbers, it is about sharing and reacting to products and creations. I really wish everyone/more people would do it, and I am more than happy to encourage it, although I don't really need that reason to do so. But even my enthusiasm and patience has its limits, and I have generally given up on those who only post in their own topics and make little or no contribution to those of others -- cutting new members some slack, of course, but expecting better of longtime members. Which is a pity, because it is a little petty and passive-aggressive, and there are plenty of things I like that I would have commented on otherwise. But enough is enough. I am especially grateful for members like you, who both amaze us with their creativity and keep the conversation going across a wide range of topics and content.

Cheers!

Valiarde

Valiarde
I'm just glad you have this enthusiasm. I wish more people (myself included) had the time or energy, as I love every post and reaction in this niche hobby.
Okay, my interests are also focused on some direction - I'm not interested in everything posted here, but I try to at least comment on stuff I like or care about. But even here, my time is often limited and I wish I could write more. (not being a native speaker also limits me sometimes to find the right words)
These posters who only comment in their own threads is a ever returning topic on every message board ever. So I understand your line of acting here.  Smile

Illusion

Illusion
Valiarde wrote:Nice pic! (Someone had to say it! Now let him snap his fingers...boom down to 250 again)

cheers

I just want to sign this.

Thanks to everyone sharing tipps and tricks and adding to the wealth of information and entertaining in this forum. And special thanks for running it and to everyone taking the time to comment. cheers

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:I'm just glad you have this enthusiasm. I wish more people (myself included) had the time or energy, as I love every post and reaction in this niche hobby.
Okay, my interests are also focused on some direction - I'm not interested in everything posted here, but I try to at least comment on stuff I like or care about. But even here, my time is often limited and I wish I could write more. (not being a native speaker also limits me sometimes to find the right words)
These posters who only comment in their own threads is a ever returning topic on every message board ever. So I understand your line of acting here.  Smile

I think we all have enthusiasm for the hobby, just like we all have limited time and interests specific to ourselves (but I hope I'm not the only one who might find something interesting or impressive even when it is not really my cup of tea). I suppose that as one of the "hosts" I should be held to higher expectations, but even without that I think it would have been worth taking a few seconds to acknowledge the work of others. I certainly don't expect everyone to do so on everything; but when things get too one-sided, I will not bother to go out of my way. And since this course of action goes against my nature and upbringing, it annoys me even more. Smile Actually I think everyone who has posted in this thread has been pretty interactive and considerate, and I appreciate that.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Fantastic! lets hope OSF continues to grow bounce bounce bounce

shazzdan

shazzdan
Congrats everyone.

A Man

GubernatorFan wrote: (but I hope I'm not the only one who might find something interesting or impressive even when it is not really my cup of tea).

Not at all - and there is always something to learn or to be inspired by, even if something is far from being one's cup of tea.
It is, however, not always easy to find something original to put into the comments.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A Man wrote:Not at all - and there is always something to learn or to be inspired by, even if something is far from being one's cup of tea. It is, however, not always easy to find something original to put into the comments.

That is very true. But original can be overrated. Smile

Illusion

Illusion
GubernatorFan wrote:
A Man wrote:Not at all - and there is always something to learn or to be inspired by, even if something is far from being one's cup of tea. It is, however, not always easy to find something original to put into the comments.

That is very true. But original can be overrated. Smile

same issue here  Smile  - plus the balance of time spent in forums and spent with/on one‘s own figures. As Valiarde has also already mentioned, language is an additional challenge for some of us. We may tend to be more elaborate when writing in our native tongue (or may not) - but we try our best   Wink

Let‘s opt for a relaxed approach not just to presenting but also to commenting: Better short and nice than silent.  Very Happy

(Of course I most certainly do not want to discourage detailed lengthy comments which are always highly appreciated !!!!!  I love you )

A Man

Illusion wrote: Better short and nice than silent.  Very Happy

Approved.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Congratulations!

500 is a lot of folk that have shown interest in what we all do and what this forum is about and that's amazing, may we get 500 more!

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! FORUM MILESTONE: 500 MEMBERS AND COUNTING 1f60e

Ephiane

Ephiane
Yay ! Pop the corks !

FORUM MILESTONE: 500 MEMBERS AND COUNTING 00417

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Awww, Ephiane, that is so kind of you -- great shot of a great custom with a great accessory.

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Congrats to all, but especially to Guv, Stryker, and blackpool, and a shoutout to all the original founders, who took the initiative when OSW was collapsing under its own ineptitude and we all needed a new home to share this hobby we love. 

I encourage all who are members but only lurk: share! chime in! It's fun! FORUM MILESTONE: 500 MEMBERS AND COUNTING 1f609

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you, TGF! And thank you for sharing my sentiments -- this would be an even more fulfilling place for everyone with more interaction and participation.

BAMComix

BAMComix
FORUM MILESTONE: 500 MEMBERS AND COUNTING OSF-500

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum