OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Jig is Up! MiskatonicNick Photo Emulation Challenge II

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
As the previous "Emulate MiskatonicNick" Photo Challenge was a great success with wonderful original images from several members, I'm gonna try to get you all to do it again. BTW, the original challenge is still open, if you have a photo to contribute but haven't had the time.

In our second challenge, you are being asked to emulate the theme of this photo.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/toyville/15235259355/in/dateposted/

Your entry should show a villain in the foreground being surprised at gunpoint by one of your heroes or heroines.  A heroine is more in the spirit of the original, but if you have only male figures, then that's allowable also. Also, please try to put some fallen henchmen in the background, presumably killed by our hero / heroine. Captions or speech balloons are not required, but encouraged. This is for fun, and not a contest. Just enjoy yourself, and allow your creativity to manifest itself.

Here is my entry.

The Jig is Up! MiskatonicNick Photo Emulation Challenge II 53082138790_b1be963b44_b
The Jig is up by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

PS.  While those memebers having a Dr. Diablos kitbash figure in their collections are highly encouraged to use them as he is a MiskatonicNick creation, any villain will do. You don't need a Dr. Diablos figure to participate in this.

BAMComix

BAMComix
The Jig is Up! MiskatonicNick Photo Emulation Challenge II 15235259355_f865ca19c2_b

The Jig is Up! MiskatonicNick Photo Emulation Challenge II 53095101834_9f1be2f2c9_c

davidd

davidd
Shocked   Jinkies!  That's an impressive update!

I love how the doctor's device has advanced from a 1960s transistorized gadget to a 1980s LED readout!
Razz

You've effectively modernized the "retro" look of the Dr. Diablos character to something right out of a present-day action movie! Jolly good show!   cheers

Superb re-imagining of the Lotta Danger / Agent Havoc style female operative!

Visisonor

Visisonor
Just realized I had a scene looking similar to this in my story (but context is somewhat different).
The Jig is Up! MiskatonicNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Cnr_5356

BAMComix

BAMComix
davidd wrote:Shocked   Jinkies!  That's an impressive update!

I love how the doctor's device has advanced from a 1960s transistorized gadget to a 1980s LED readout!
Razz

You've effectively modernized the "retro" look of the Dr. Diablos character to something right out of a present-day action movie! Jolly good show!   cheers

Superb re-imagining of the Lotta Danger / Agent Havoc style female operative!

bounce  bounce  bounce  Cheers Dave! it was a fun one to put together! Finding an outfit for my Diablos wasn't easy, as I don't have anything that resembles the original. I was pleased with Jessie as teh hero though  Very Happy .

Visisonor wrote:Just realized I had a scene looking similar to this in my story (but context is somewhat different).

Loving this shot Visisonor! full of tension and excitement! Very Happy

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Visisonor wrote:Just realized I had a scene looking similar to this in my story (but context is somewhat different).

All contributions are welcome. Thank-you.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You guys had me checking out MiskatonicNick's work again. Of course it was brilliant. And I see so much of his legacy being kept alive. But then something struck me as different. Could it be Miskatonic could tell the future? Because he posted this in June 2014, whereas she met him in July 2016 (before proceeding to melt his marshmallows).

The Jig is Up! MiskatonicNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Miskat14
https://www.flickr.com/photos/toyville/14321736679/in/photostream/

LOL

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very Happy  Maybe! You can't go wrong looking at his work. It will always rise a smile Wink

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Sorry, I'm late to the party. Here is my snapshot...

When Sir Maurice Newbury fell under the spell of the Old Ones, Veronica Hobbes had to stop him. Even if it meant to shoot the love of her life...

The Jig is Up! MiskatonicNick Photo Emulation Challenge II 53114877980_69827027e9_5kNewbury and Hobbes -- Spell of the old Ones by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow, beautifully done, Ralf.

Valiarde

Valiarde
BAMComix wrote:The Jig is Up! MiskatonicNick Photo Emulation Challenge II 15235259355_f865ca19c2_b

The Jig is Up! MiskatonicNick Photo Emulation Challenge II 53095101834_9f1be2f2c9_c

Ha, very nice Dal. It is like an actual update to the original shot! Love the backdrop details here.

The Jig is Up! MiskatonicNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Cnr_5356

Cool that you join in with your 1/12 work for a change. Nicely done

Randam Hajile wrote:Sorry, I'm late to the party. Here is my snapshot...

When Sir Maurice Newbury fell under the spell of the Old Ones, Veronica Hobbes had to stop him. Even if it meant to shoot the love of her life...

The Jig is Up! MiskatonicNick Photo Emulation Challenge II 53114877980_69827027e9_5kNewbury and Hobbes -- Spell of the old Ones by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Wow, great work, the sign of Ctlhuhu or a Mind FLyer from Baldurs Gate? Wink
Love your characters and great setting!!

BAMComix

BAMComix
Valiarde wrote:
Ha, very nice Dal. It is like an actual update to the original shot! Love the backdrop details here.

Cheers my friend! I had a lot of fun with this one  Very Happy

Randam Hajile wrote:Sorry, I'm late to the party. Here is my snapshot...

Newbury and Hobbes -- Spell of the old Ones by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Love your characters and great setting!![/quote]

I have to agree, excellent pic and character development, both have the ability to keep me interested, and want to know more about them! Thanks for playing along! bounce bounce

Valiarde

Valiarde
"I'm sorry Lord Vader, but someone paid good money for that Teddy"

The Jig is Up! MiskatonicNick Photo Emulation Challenge II J0qLrB0h

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Great photo, Simon! I guess because the tiny Teddy is from the Nostromo, it's secretly carrying an alien embryo that will be used as a bioweapon in the next SW triology. Wink

Valiarde wrote:
Love your characters and great setting!!

It's Cthulhu who has possessed Sir Newbury's mind and wants him to bring the end of the world using a powerful Grimoire. Smile
I haven't played Baldur Gate 3 yet... Sad

Valiarde

Valiarde
Randam Hajile wrote:

I haven't played Baldur Gate 3 yet... Sad

Me neither, but I plan to get it for the cold time of the year Razz

BAMComix

BAMComix
Valiarde wrote:"I'm sorry Lord Vader, but someone paid good money for that Teddy"

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Wow! Some great shots, everyone. They all look so cool.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Jig is Up! MiskatonicNick Photo Emulation Challenge II 1f10

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Valiarde wrote:"I'm sorry Lord Vader, but someone paid good money for that Teddy"

Great Photo! Fantastic dio!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:Wow, beautifully done, Ralf.

What he said...."Ditto."

I also like how you used that Peggy Carter head sculpt, The Doctor, and the Smith & Wesson "Schofield" revolver.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Poor Darth can't even have a teddy... no wonder he turned to the Dark Side. Smile Nicely done, Simon.

Illusion

Illusion
It is so lovely to see that MiskatonicNick keeps being remembered and remains in the hearts of collectors. I got to know his work only very late, just a short time before him passing away. Very sad.
It is really very inspiring - and it is nice to see all these tributes.
I esp. like Randam's Lovecraft pic. Very cool figures and extremely effective light. Fabulous.

davidd

davidd
The Jig is Up! MiskatonicNick Photo Emulation Challenge II 53141822781_b4aa60d545_c

BAMComix

BAMComix
That's a cool shot Dave! Has the Professor luck finally run out? or will it be like 60's Batman where he will somehow escape the impossible Razz .

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
"Stop right there criminal scum!
The Jig is Up! MiskatonicNick Photo Emulation Challenge II G3vl52L
The Jig is Up! MiskatonicNick Photo Emulation Challenge II TD1WRAY

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! The Jig is Up! MiskatonicNick Photo Emulation Challenge II 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
At least he's not wearing one of those creepy presidential masks. Smile [this was not meant to be political, so please no one make it so]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum