OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

InArt John chats about InArt

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 InArt John chats about InArt Empty InArt John chats about InArt Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:38 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
LIVE InArt Interview!
YouTube: (WillFoxification)
https://www.youtube.com/live/uXRF5-1hIlY?si=729O0ngjNJ04gVGK

I part i liked most:
Joaquin Phoenix Joker should be available in 2024

Joker will include many extras, as well as a diorama base.
It seems InArt had to take this route, to satisfy a $1000 price point.
For whatever reason, probably licensing, they were required to have a $1000 price point?

The figure might be numbered.

Joker 2 / Joker: Folie à Deux comes up briefly.
Imagine, a Lady Gaga Harley Quinn 1/6th scale figure from InArt becoming reality.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

2 InArt John chats about InArt Empty Re: InArt John chats about InArt Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:09 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I couldn’t sit through it. Sorry. I know this was done live originally, but these guys should do some heavy editing to cut out the technical problems and all the nonsense and just get to the details that matter. I got as far as US distribution and had to leave it. For those of you still thinking that there should be US distribution: IT’S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. DEAL WITH IT.

That said, thanks for sharing, Shaun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

InArt John chats about InArt 1f10

3 InArt John chats about InArt Empty Re: InArt John chats about InArt Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:49 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2012 wrote:I couldn’t sit through it. Sorry. I know this was done live originally, but these guys should do some heavy editing to cut out the technical problems and all the nonsense and just get to the details that matter. I got as far as US distribution and had to leave it. For those of you still thinking that there should be US distribution: IT’S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. DEAL WITH IT.

That said, thanks for sharing, Shaun.

As far as US distribution is concerned, John mentioned being in talks with various companies, one of them being BigBadToyStore

4 InArt John chats about InArt Empty Re: InArt John chats about InArt Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:38 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
The issue would be, BBTS would probably then be cut off of a lot of other products if Sideshow has their way. The sad reality is, Sideshow is one of the largest North American distributors (and not just for Hot Toys) — they can (and will) cut retailers off of any products they distribute. They need to tread carefully. Asmus teamed up with Sideshow for NA distribution, which could limit any Lord of the Rings products if they start carrying the Middle Earth figures from InArt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 InArt John chats about InArt Empty Re: InArt John chats about InArt Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:14 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2012 wrote:The issue would be, BBTS would probably then be cut off of a lot of other products if Sideshow has their way. The sad reality is, Sideshow is one of the largest North American distributors (and not just for Hot Toys) — they can (and will) cut retailers off of any products they distribute. They need to tread carefully. Asmus teamed up with Sideshow for NA distribution, which could limit any Lord of the Rings products if they start carrying the Middle Earth figures from InArt.

During the live chat, while John does not mention Sideshow Collectibles, he does hint at a certain big company attempting to stop others from muscling in. Likewise John touches on the subject of re_sellers, good one's and not so good one's, without mentioning Toys Wonderland. Personally, i have had a good run with TW. I do hope they ship my remaining pre_orders.

6 InArt John chats about InArt Empty Re: InArt John chats about InArt Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:09 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's so frustrating that Sideshow has such a stranglehold on everything, even here in UK/Europe. There isn't an equivalent of Sideshow for our region, it literally IS just Sideshow that is the official distributor. I resent this because of the huge shipping/import/customs fees. Yes you can PO from European stores or smaller retailers, but it's not the same as having something more official that gives all the perks and whatnot of Sideshow.

I do wish InArt the best, but yes, as Stryker says they do need to tread carefully.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

7 InArt John chats about InArt Empty Re: InArt John chats about InArt Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:01 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
skywalkersaga wrote:It's so frustrating that Sideshow has such a stranglehold on everything, even here in UK/Europe. There isn't an equivalent of Sideshow for our region, it literally IS just Sideshow that is the official distributor. I resent this because of the huge shipping/import/customs fees. Yes you can PO from European stores or smaller retailers, but it's not the same as having something more official that gives all the perks and whatnot of Sideshow.

I do wish InArt the best, but yes, as Stryker says they do need to tread carefully.

Technically Sideshow Collectibles has a monopoly.

8 InArt John chats about InArt Empty Re: InArt John chats about InArt Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:34 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:It's so frustrating that Sideshow has such a stranglehold on everything, even here in UK/Europe. There isn't an equivalent of Sideshow for our region, it literally IS just Sideshow that is the official distributor. I resent this because of the huge shipping/import/customs fees. Yes you can PO from European stores or smaller retailers, but it's not the same as having something more official that gives all the perks and whatnot of Sideshow.

Technically Sideshow Collectibles has a monopoly.

That’s kind of the same thing, though, to be fair. Monopolies are supposed to be illegal here in the US, but they are often allowed to exist. I guess it just depends on how much you’re willing to bribe our horse-$#!t government under the table.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum