OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone satisfied with one figure?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Anyone satisfied with one figure? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone satisfied with one figure? Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:20 pm

Valiarde

I am satisfied and normally dont need two of the same figure.

Smile

27Anyone satisfied with one figure? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone satisfied with one figure? Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:28 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:I am satisfied and normally dont need two of the same figure.

Smile
Me too... unless they are army builders! Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

28Anyone satisfied with one figure? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone satisfied with one figure? Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:43 pm

Visisonor

helianthus wrote:Anyone satisfied with one figure?
Wait, so I could have just one figure and stop at that?
Why haven't anyone told me this a few years ago?!

Just kidding, I knew what I was getting into...

I can see such focus on one ultimate figure, one specific character, as a working approach. There is no right or wrong way to collect things after all. But for me personally it's not viable - as others pointed out, even one character can have different looks, and then one figure would eventually require some interaction with others - which is particularly true for writing stories - and then it goes downhill without restraint and regrets...

29Anyone satisfied with one figure? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone satisfied with one figure? Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:27 am

Tasuke

Hold On a Moment; kind of a personal Milestone here;

Kind of completing a twenty-year circle here... starting out in Anime Character Dolls, - back in the early-2000's -

with a more "Realistically" - proportioned Anime Lady... and Today, not quite closing-out 2023, With Yet Another;

- THEN -

Anyone satisfied with one figure? - Page 2 01_A1_-_Ayeka_-_2003

- NOW -

Anyone satisfied with one figure? - Page 2 Shaorin_-_WORLDBOX_AT201_10-21-23_2[/i]

30Anyone satisfied with one figure? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone satisfied with one figure? Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:40 am

helianthus

Visisonor wrote:
helianthus wrote:Anyone satisfied with one figure?
Wait, so I could have just one figure and stop at that?
Why haven't anyone told me this a few years ago?!

Just kidding, I knew what I was getting into...

I can see such focus on one ultimate figure, one specific character, as a working approach. There is no right or wrong way to collect things after all. But for me personally it's not viable - as others pointed out, even one character can have different looks, and then one figure would eventually require some interaction with others - which is particularly true for writing stories - and then it goes downhill without restraint and regrets...

I can totally appreciate that, especially for those of you whose collections center around book series, comic books, TV, or movies, there are many factors as to why people structure their collections in the way that they do.

For example,
- There is an increased variety in characters that one may want as an action figure.
- The fact that often, those characters may not even need to be a private commission, as my figure was [thereby making it easier to obtain figures, especially for a character one may not have originally considered to have wanted, but decide to acquire as the result of availability(?)]
- In such forms of media, it is often that the interpersonal relationships between characters is a compelling part of the story for many fans, [so it only goes to reason that one would want to build their own personal 'universe' of figures].
- Alternately, some find appealing things of visual interest, or just the act of expanding a collection.

There are a few specific reasons why this mode of collecting does not appeal to my approach to my one-man-collection, those being:
- That there is no market for niche composer action figures, so I had to have him custom-made [which was extremely worth it for this 'character']
- I have a tendency towards being reserved in purchasing things overall, and therefore considered carefully the degree to which I would be benefited emotionally through the acquisition of this figure, and which I have decided is optimized through simply having this one figure upgraded when I want, rather than more figures.
- Due to the complexity of his historical context, I find that it would not be of any value to me to attempt to acquire figures of those in his social circle.

31Anyone satisfied with one figure? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone satisfied with one figure? Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:47 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
helianthus — thanks for the detailed explanation, that is understandable. As I think you may have even noted before, it would probably be fun in your case to collect smaller accessories for your lone historical figure and/or create various dioramas, etc.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

32Anyone satisfied with one figure? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone satisfied with one figure? Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:49 am

helianthus

skywalkersaga wrote:helianthus — thanks for the detailed explanation, that is understandable. As I think you may have even noted before, it would probably be fun in your case to collect smaller accessories for your lone historical figure and/or create various dioramas, etc.

It is, I enjoy making tiny scores and a little baton - also he was a conductor, and that profession certainly lends itself to dynamic and interesting posing  Laughing. Though I am careful, since he has one of the seamless Jiaou bodies, to keep him from remaining in them too long.

I am also searching for the right glasses, ones which don't look oversized and toy-ish, and drafting patterns for a tailcoat, but I keep needing to tweak it, as I haven't found a way to get the seams and overall look crisp enough, and that the overall ensemble (no pun intended) be detailed to the degree I want it.

I also hope - eventually, to 1) have him professionally repainted 2) redo his hair and give him 'real' hair'

Anyone satisfied with one figure? - Page 2 IMG_8648

33Anyone satisfied with one figure? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone satisfied with one figure? Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:03 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
There was a figure nit that long ago (I believe it was a Leonardo DiCaprio from Titanic based), plus I also believe Pop Toys (excellent 1/6 tailors) made a coat tails suit that could work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Anyone satisfied with one figure? - Page 2 1f10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum